New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Star Wars Computer Use

Looking for ways to increase this skill. Skill Emphasis adds a +3 but only once. Are there any feats like Gearhead and Spacer that add to Computer Use? If so what Book/Books ?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Star Wars Computer Use

It might help if you told us which Star Wars game you were playing.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    It might help if you told us which Star Wars game you were playing.
    Looks like SWSE. Not too familiar with the game, so I can't help you, but maybe someone else can...
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Star Wars Revised Core Rulebook is the primary book. Sorry I didn’t realize they had others. What are the names of these other versions and their correlation to this one? Just curious. Also our time frame is between episodes 3-4 about 15 years before the destruction of Alderran. Luke and Leia were separated already and Vader was just starting his hunt for all Jedi.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zekarra View Post
    Looking for ways to increase this skill. Skill Emphasis adds a +3 but only once. Are there any feats like Gearhead and Spacer that add to Computer Use? If so what Book/Books ?
    There are the Team feats in Galaxy at War. IIRC they cover most skills, and each give a bonus to their respective skill.
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Star Wars Revised Core Rulebook is the primary book.
    Quote Originally Posted by hymer View Post
    There are the Team feats in Galaxy at War. IIRC they cover most skills, and each give a bonus to their respective skill.
    Did Revised Core have a Galaxy At War title? I know that's a SWSE title, but maybe Star Wars rulesets use the same name.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Some play RPG's like chess, some like charades.

Everyone has their own jam.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Star Wars Revised Core Rulebook is the primary book. Sorry I didn’t realize they had others. What are the names of these other versions and their correlation to this one? Just curious. Also our time frame is between episodes 3-4 about 15 years before the destruction of Alderran. Luke and Leia were separated already and Vader was just starting his hunt for all Jedi.
    The fact it is called the Revised rulebook should at least of hinted at a previous unrevised edition. WotC put out 3 Star Wards d20 RPGs. The first came out in 2000 and was based on 3.0 D&D rules. Then in 2002 they updated it to the 3.5 D&D rules, making the Revised edition (the one you have). Later in 2007 they made the Saga edition, which has a lot of differences from the earlier two. It contains some ideas that later appeared in 4th edition D&D.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeraa View Post
    The fact it is called the Revised rulebook should at least of hinted at a previous unrevised edition. WotC put out 3 Star Wards d20 RPGs. The first came out in 2000 and was based on 3.0 D&D rules. Then in 2002 they updated it to the 3.5 D&D rules, making the Revised edition (the one you have). Later in 2007 they made the Saga edition, which has a lot of differences from the earlier two. It contains some ideas that later appeared in 4th edition D&D.
    And then there's the fact that in addition to Wizards' d20 versions, you also have West End's Star Wars d6, and FFG's Star Wars Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion, which are the newest Star Wars RPGs and probably what most people are going to assume you're talking about if you just say "Star Wars RPG"!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    And then there's the fact that in addition to Wizards' d20 versions, you also have West End's Star Wars d6, and FFG's Star Wars Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion, which are the newest Star Wars RPGs and probably what most people are going to assume you're talking about if you just say "Star Wars RPG"!
    TBH, I tend to assume most SW games are d6, since it's what I know best.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

RCR, how quaint. It's been years since I've touched it. I don't remember but I do believe there was a feat that added +2 to computer use and another skill. AFB so I'll have to look it up and advise later.
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show
    Lea - Gangs of Freeport(Pathfinder)

Spoiler: Previous Characters
    Show