New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Tracking Rats - Ruby and Fade]

Dragonborn is close enough.
    Unlike the emotionless shadow person, Ruby seems excited to be making progress as she heads downstairs, collects the giant lizard monster she rode in on, and sets of for Owl Street.
    "I just had an awful thought. What if the rats are here to protect the city? Is there any chance that it was getting too clean recently?"

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice nods.
    "Thanks for all your explanations." she says to the stuttering person.
    Then she ambles along to see what's going on in other parts of the district.

Fade has no ride and doesn't seem to intend to hop on the lizard mount. He simply walks by unless Ruby wnts to go faster. Then he goes into his shadow and slides to Owl Street in an incredible speed.
    "I don't think the place has been to clean." he replies. "Some places where already filthy so they just added anew level of that.

[Breakthrough Day]

There is quiet a fair part where you can get food and drinks and even some small lottery. In the areal right in front of the church you got a lot of current technologie represtented and shown like car fairs where you can even sit in one, but here it's with robots and other high tech staff. Its kind of a sale out if you want to call it that way. If she turns to the church she will notice that there is a church fair too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Moth park]

The man narrows his burning eyes. "Heard about the disapperances." He remarks in a curt fashion. "How much if I tell you about someone who might know more?"
    [The Moth park]

I was so stressed I even forgot his burning eyes which seems to concern karl a bit. He did saw those before, but not on men.

He offers the hand with the remaining two coins. "If at the end your informations help me out I might come again."

The bag with rats should be worth more so he considers to keep it for now.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-10-10 at 05:15 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #542

Sewers- Kabal & Archera Rat Hunt

The shadow blanket has no special teleportation blocking powers. The figure was simply hoping that blocking line of sight would also block teleportation. But it looks like it at least made Flicker miss her shot.
    However, Spewer's projectile makes the shadow-figure stop dead in its tracks. Instead of running, they decide to press up against the sewer wall to avoid it. Of course, that means they're not going to be able to avoid Archera's wave of water and they're swept off their feet and land somewhere deeper in the tunnel.

"Wait! Wait!" The figure shouts as they're laying flat on the sewer floor, raising their hands as if to defend themselves. It sounds like they're either some kind of robot or that they're using a voice distorter as their voice is almost impossibly dark and deep.

"I must speak to, uh, Archera. Alone." They demand despite not really being in the position to.

[The Moth park]

The bum takes the offered coins and chuckles deeply. "No worries, no worries, eh? There is a local legend around these parts. Call him The Fixer. Big black dragon man that goes by the name of Brahun. He's, ah, helping with the police investigation around the disapperances. You'll find him at the homless initiative club house, just down the street. He knows everything you need to know." He gestures to one of the nearby buildings.

So is this conversation happening as they're going to owl street or when they are at owl street? Since it sounds like Fade is traveling a lot faster than Ruby.

Either way, Owl street appears quite run down. To the point where there is a sanitation crew now working to clean it up. Notebly, there are no signs of any rats here, at least not anymore.
    The cleaning crew have parts of the street however, and more relevant to them, the part where the manhole leading to the sewer is located.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-10-10 at 02:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Orc in the Playground

I didn't realise the shadow-web was blinding, and whilst that wouldn't necessarily stop Flicker teleporting, it does stop her figuring out where she's going. So it'll stop her moving far; she wants Spewer to find her and release her, after all.

Spewer's going to pretty much ignore the figure, instead rushing to his girlfriend's snarling and struggling form and taking out a flask of water from inside his coat. He'll use that to wash off the goo, calming her back down again as the source of her anger is removed. They are surrounded by water that'd serve just as well, but... Well, this water's clean and fresh, which Flicker would appreciate far more. Even if she's already lying in grossness. He's also going to try and remove the shadow-cloak, but only after she's calmed down.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #544
    Firbolg in the Playground

It takes Ruby a bit longer to arrive at Owl Street and hear Fade's answer.
    "Yeah, I didn't suppose it was too likely."

She'll once again hop off the monster she rode in on, and head straight towards the manhole leading down.

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice heads towards the church fairground to get a closer look.
    Maybe they'll have some good ideas!

Now, how is a church fair different from a regular fair?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

The shadow blanket has no special teleportation blocking powers. The figure was simply hoping that blocking line of sight would also block teleportation. But it looks like it at least made Flicker miss her shot.
    However, Spewer's projectile makes the shadow-figure stop dead in its tracks. Instead of running, they decide to press up against the sewer wall to avoid it. Of course, that means they're not going to be able to avoid Archera's wave of water and they're swept off their feet and land somewhere deeper in the tunnel.

"Wait! Wait!" The figure shouts as they're laying flat on the sewer floor, raising their hands as if to defend themselves. It sounds like they're either some kind of robot or that they're using a voice distorter as their voice is almost impossibly dark and deep.

"I must speak to, uh, Archera. Alone." They demand despite not really being in the position to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

I didn't realise the shadow-web was blinding, and whilst that wouldn't necessarily stop Flicker teleporting, it does stop her figuring out where she's going. So it'll stop her moving far; she wants Spewer to find her and release her, after all.

Spewer's going to pretty much ignore the figure, instead rushing to his girlfriend's snarling and struggling form and taking out a flask of water from inside his coat. He'll use that to wash off the goo, calming her back down again as the source of her anger is removed. They are surrounded by water that'd serve just as well, but... Well, this water's clean and fresh, which Flicker would appreciate far more. Even if she's already lying in grossness. He's also going to try and remove the shadow-cloak, but only after she's calmed down.
    [Sewers - Kabal & Archera Rat Hunt]

Archera stands over the figure and narrows her eyes. That's suspicious, but maybe it'll get some results if she pursues it. She looks at the other two and jerks her head further up the tunnel. "Go up the tunnel a ways and make block it off going that direction. I'll handle this side." As she speaks the water she pushed earlier comes rushing back. Without any fanfare it simply parts around them.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tracking Rats - Outside the Eastside Dump]

Amalungak nods.

"Yes, we need to... wait."

He turns around. Seeing nothing, he takes off his blindfold, reaches under his clothes and suddenly casts a cloud of black dust into the air, shouting. This releases a spell that will try to obfuscate him and his surroundings from supernatural senses.

Amalungak can feel frustration and confusion as the fey-presence loses track of him. He might note that it now feel like several different presences than a singular one as they are all now focusing on different things thanks to the cloud.
    "What was that for?" Tarim inquires, just barely slowing down for Amalungak.

Halae frowns for a moment, "I think that was a ward of some kind? I've seen salt throwing to ward off the evil eye before."

Supernatural senses may find Halae a particularly easy target to track, as she's an impressive concentration of near divine fire, even with the dust in the way.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak nods curtly.

"Correct. The presence behind those rats was observing us and listening. This should baffle it for a time, but we need to move quickly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #548

If that's the case, Halae is now the focus of the entity's (entities?) attention. Considering her heritage, she can likely get the feeling of something watching her. Always in the corner of her eyes yet always out of sight.

Tarim just grunts in response as he is eager to do just as Amulungak suggested. He will lead them directly to a manhole which he lifts with little effort. "I'm going to meet up with you down there. This hole is too small for me, but I know another entrance further away. But you can start looking around, I'll find you." The question is where the crowd will go. Some might decide to follow them down into the sewers...

The shadow cloak will simply disappear into thin air after a moment. Though if Flicker could teleport out of it it wouldn't matter either way. They can hear what sounds like rats further inside the tunnel though.

Meanwhile, the figure is following Archera and is leaning in close to whisper. "Uh, babe, its me." A beat. "****, one sec... stupid thing..." They reach up to press on something. "...okay, there." Suddenly the figures voice sounds more feminine and a lot more familiar. "So... uh, I can totally explain all this."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

There isn't much Halae can do about that, unfortunately. Not without a ritual circle and a couple hours; something tells her Tarim won't stand for that right now. for now, they just need to keep heading into the depths, so Halae follows along behind Tarim.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground

Sewers- Kabal & Archera

Flicker can't teleport away from something that's touching her. If it's something she can lift, it goes with her; if she can't lift it, she can't move away from it. Though she's grateful when it just disappears, and takes a moment to replace the shell she fired. They're going to stay where they are and let the mysterious figure and the heroine have their chat, though Spewer's glancing in their direction every now and again, to make sure that Archera has everything handled.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #551

[Tracking Rats - HollyxDena]

"Hm?" Holly, who was watching those two leave, turns back to Dena. "Not sure, actually. Looks like they didn't need me with them, so I guess I could just help prepare things here or something."

To be honest, what she really needs is just a break but she doesn't let that known. Sure, Holly claimed all the things she got done over the past several hours were just her having connections with people and getting them to do it for her; Sure, she claimed she wanted to hunt rats because she had nothing else to do; However, it was mostly her and before that she was doing other things in different guises and even sitting at home doesn't help because of the family she had move in with her.

"Why, did you have something in mind?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #552

Spoiler
    Show
    [The Moth park]

The bum takes the offered coins and chuckles deeply. "No worries, no worries, eh? There is a local legend around these parts. Call him The Fixer. Big black dragon man that goes by the name of Brahun. He's, ah, helping with the police investigation around the disapperances. You'll find him at the homless initiative club house, just down the street. He knows everything you need to know." He gestures to one of the nearby buildings.

So is this conversation happening as they're going to owl street or when they are at owl street? Since it sounds like Fade is traveling a lot faster than Ruby.

Either way, Owl street appears quite run down. To the point where there is a sanitation crew now working to clean it up. Notebly, there are no signs of any rats here, at least not anymore.
    The cleaning crew have parts of the street however, and more relevant to them, the part where the manhole leading to the sewer is located.

It takes Ruby a bit longer to arrive at Owl Street and hear Fade's answer.
    "Yeah, I didn't suppose it was too likely."

She'll once again hop off the monster she rode in on, and head straight towards the manhole leading down.

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice heads towards the church fairground to get a closer look.
    Maybe they'll have some good ideas!

Now, how is a church fair different from a regular fair?

[The Moth park]

Karl seems to regret this trade. he fears there might be even less outcome for him then for the other person. Not that he had saved the money for anything special.

"Thanks" he says and heads over to the direction mentioned to him. At least he didn't got stuck for now.

He will search for Brahun and even ask around if he appears to be hard to find.

Well, it was more meant that he goes as a shadow if Ruby will fast ride to the place. Since he got neither a car, bike or other vehicle, he would be far behind unless he runs. Which he avoids for obviouse reasons. So I guess it happens on the way.

As they arrive Fade looks around.
    "No sign? And some cleaning people around? Something may be off here." he says slowly following Ruby and keeps his eyes open. It is too clean here.

[Breakthrough Day]

The place is filled with displays and even shops to buy them. Most seem to cover replacements for mechanical parts inclusing limbs and other body replacements. What they show are mostly workstuff, but Alice might see where there is a weapon potential. For example a mechanical arm that smashes walls like it's paper. They even go drones themself, but they appear different to hers. non seems to hace an propeller to fly. they just seem to hover over the ground.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-10-14 at 05:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #553

[The Moth park==> The Homeless Initiative]

As it turns out, Brahun is quite easy to find once Karl enters the building. His great stature and eye catching black scales make him stand out in the otherwise fairly mundane office enviroment.
    There aren't many others here either. A shabby-looking human man in ragged clothing reading a newspaper in what appears to be the waiting room and a elderly halfling woman sitting by a computer.
    Brahun himself gets up from his seat behind a desk just as Karl enters the building.
    "What can we do for you?" He inquires as he seems to size Karl up, trying to get a read on him.

"Hey!" One of the dwarven workers exclaim as they simply bypass the barriers intended to keep the public at bay. "You can't go down there!" He pauses as he gets a better look at them. "Uh, ya' got some kind of permission?"

"Well, modifying Violet will just take like thirty minutes, tops. I figured you could take her for a spin since I'm still needed here at the office. Considering the danger that Fade implied it might be wise for me to stay here to make sure nothing funny is going on. Last thing we need is to leave these goons without leadership, am I right?" She points a thumb at the door which Fade and Ruby just left through. "Of course, I could always go with you too in case you don't feel confident enough to go alone."

14. - Top - End - #554

So Ruby rode there on the slyzard, and Fade zoomed along in its shadow, but didn't shadow-walk directly there.

"Just came from MERC. Official rat-infestation business." Ruby says, barely slowing down.
    She waves at Fade, who probably has a badge or something he can show the dwarf.
    "Keep up the good work here."

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice doesn't head in to the church service after all. She has felt the power of Deus Mechanicus, but she has some disagreements with the church about the proper place of technology.
    She stares admiringly at the mechanical arm components and the hovering drones.
    But she doesn't exactly have much money, so it's really just window shopping.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

"Into the darkness, then." Incredibly foul-smelling darkness, at that. Human cities are such filthy places. Amalungak will descend into the sewers... but let Halae take the lead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #556

Holly laughs.

"You're right, we do need someone to stay here. Especially if some other independent investigator comes by," like Ruby. Then, she adds, "But it might be helpful to have a two-way radio set up to make sure everything works out and in case an emergency happens or something."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

The shadow cloak will simply disappear into thin air after a moment. Though if Flicker could teleport out of it it wouldn't matter either way. They can hear what sounds like rats further inside the tunnel though.

Meanwhile, the figure is following Archera and is leaning in close to whisper. "Uh, babe, its me." A beat. "****, one sec... stupid thing..." They reach up to press on something. "...okay, there." Suddenly the figures voice sounds more feminine and a lot more familiar. "So... uh, I can totally explain all this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sewers- Kabal & Archera

Flicker can't teleport away from something that's touching her. If it's something she can lift, it goes with her; if she can't lift it, she can't move away from it. Though she's grateful when it just disappears, and takes a moment to replace the shell she fired. They're going to stay where they are and let the mysterious figure and the heroine have their chat, though Spewer's glancing in their direction every now and again, to make sure that Archera has everything handled.

"Irena?! What the hell?" Archera barely manages to keep her voice down. "What are you doing slinking around in the sewer?" She better be able to explain.

18. - Top - End - #558

"I'm helping out a friend and I kinda, uh, went overboard a bit. But I was just on my way home but I think I got lost somewhere. Been wandering around in these stupid sewers for what feels like hours." The now named figure replies. "I was totally gonna call you but there isn't any reception down here." A beat. "Wh- uh, what are you doing down here? I kinda panicked when I saw you."

Dena smiles as Holly laughs. "Yeah, we got plenty of those. So why don't you grab one and I'll have Violet ready in that promised half-hour? You can take a break in the rest room meanwhile. Or do whatever you want, as long you don't leave the headquarters until I'm done." She shrugs. "Sounds good?"

[Tracking Rats - Descending into darkness]

I'm assuming they don't follow Tarim as he's finding another way down.
    In addition, the mob will offer to go down with them. So if they accept any extra bodies going along, they can get quite a few willing souls.
    Either way, the sewers are dark, reek and the presence watching Halae is even stronger down here. Though it isn't really giving Halae any leads as it remains elusive. It's there but not there.

Strangely, they can't hear or see any rats despite there being traces of them everywhere. They seemed to be following them before but now it seems like they're avoiding them.
    If they have any way to get directions rather than wandering around blindly in this labyrinth-like sewer, they better use it.

Though maybe they will get in contact with one of those Malechenar agents that are supposed to be patrolling down here.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-10-15 at 06:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559

[The Moth park==> The Homeless Initiative]

As it turns out, Brahun is quite easy to find once Karl enters the building. His great stature and eye catching black scales make him stand out in the otherwise fairly mundane office enviroment.
    There aren't many others here either. A shabby-looking human man in ragged clothing reading a newspaper in what appears to be the waiting room and a elderly halfling woman sitting by a computer.
    Brahun himself gets up from his seat behind a desk just as Karl enters the building.
    "What can we do for you?" He inquires as he seems to size Karl up, trying to get a read on him.

"Hey!" One of the dwarven workers exclaim as they simply bypass the barriers intended to keep the public at bay. "You can't go down there!" He pauses as he gets a better look at them. "Uh, ya' got some kind of permission?"

"Well, modifying Violet will just take like thirty minutes, tops. I figured you could take her for a spin since I'm still needed here at the office. Considering the danger that Fade implied it might be wise for me to stay here to make sure nothing funny is going on. Last thing we need is to leave these goons without leadership, am I right?" She points a thumb at the door which Fade and Ruby just left through. "Of course, I could always go with you too in case you don't feel confident enough to go alone."

So Ruby rode there on the slyzard, and Fade zoomed along in its shadow, but didn't shadow-walk directly there.

"Just came from MERC. Official rat-infestation business." Ruby says, barely slowing down.
    She waves at Fade, who probably has a badge or something he can show the dwarf.
    "Keep up the good work here."

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice doesn't head in to the church service after all. She has felt the power of Deus Mechanicus, but she has some disagreements with the church about the proper place of technology.
    She stares admiringly at the mechanical arm components and the hovering drones.
    But she doesn't exactly have much money, so it's really just window shopping.

Fade can't shadowwalk in the sense of this skill, but if he wants he can be extremly fast.

Fade shows his badget (which he has as far as I know). "We do investigate the situation and we are able to take care of ourself. The faster we can go on the faster this rat investation ends, which should be in your intresst as well."

[The Homeless Initiative]

Karl looks a bit annoyed. For some reason he had missed the dragonpart, which is so visible that he feels bad for not hearing. (His player overreaded it)

Karl appears very causal from the look and even his body language is a bit common.

"I'm here to talk to you if you are Brahun." Karl says. He tries to appear just normal, but dragons and close related people are rare in his world. Sadly most of them just mean trouble.

[Breakthrough Day]

HERETRIC! Technologie must be placed above everything else and next to those who worship Deus mechanicus. She sure knows that those thoughts shouldn't leave her mouth here.
    "Looking for something?" one of the booth owners says stopping his work on an replacement arm.
    Sadly Mia is at duty right now inside so she won't come until the church service is over.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-10-17 at 01:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

"Helping a friend in the sewers? Why?" Archera's voice is an urgent hiss. She looks over at the other two waiting a ways off. "I'm looking into this whole rat situation. A bunch of them came out of here. Listen, those people I'm with aren't exactly ideal company. I don't need them getting clues about who I am because you're here."

21. - Top - End - #561

"Uh, of course." The dwarf replies. "Go on down in then. I should warn you though, its still a mess down there."

Sure enough, it looks like most of the filth on the street has ended up down here as the cleaning crew for now simply have washed down it all here. That means, well, there is a lot of liquified rat feces down here along with a lot of other weird looking substances that they probably don't want to touch or get too close to based on how they smell.
    But still, there are no rats here. Not even below the street level. The sewers look completely empty besides for flies and other insects that must have been drawn here by the stench.

The underground passage they're looking for shouldn't be far from here though. So if they brave walking through the mess (or rather, Ruby does as Fade can bypass it through other means) they will eventually reach a section of the wall which is covered in a much thicker layer of cement than the rest of the sewer tunnel. This would be the entrance and by the look of it, it appears to be pretty solidly filled in with cement.

"Uh, Brahun, you remember him right? He asked me to investigate homeless disappearing and then I..." Irena pauses. "I saw them. The rats I mean. I was investigating this old factory were people used to sleep in and I got like, attacked. It was ****ing crazy. I had to flee down here. There were just that many of them, and... other things. I dunno. Been pretty jumpy ever since in case they followed me. Seeing ****ing rats everywhere." She waves her hand over her head. "I'm so washed up. Let some ****ing rats get the better of me."

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

[A Normal Day]

One day, some time after the rat invasion, the citizenry of Riverside will notice a rather odd occurrence. Many people in the city will find that their shadows appear to be pregnant - some more or less heavily, but always visibly. This strange phenomenon doesn't seem to restrict itself to people biologically capable of bearing children, either. Nor does it have any other obvious source or purpose.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

"They are everywhere. Something's seriously wrong here and I'm trying to figure it out." Archera glances around with sharp movements. "You really need to get out of here right now. You're not hurt, are you?"

24. - Top - End - #564

"I'm fine, I'm fine. They didn't get that lucky." Irena insists. "But babe, you're not listening to me. I've never seen the rats attack people like that before and there were way more there than anywhere else. That's why they caught me off-guard."

Then Brahun's expression might be difficult to read for Karl. "That's me, and who're you? I don't recognize you at all. You're not from Westside, that's for sure." He crosses his arms over his chest as he waits for Karl's reply.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tracking Rats - Descending into darkness]

I'm assuming they don't follow Tarim as he's finding another way down.
    In addition, the mob will offer to go down with them. So if they accept any extra bodies going along, they can get quite a few willing souls.
    Either way, the sewers are dark, reek and the presence watching Halae is even stronger down here. Though it isn't really giving Halae any leads as it remains elusive. It's there but not there.

Strangely, they can't hear or see any rats despite there being traces of them everywhere. They seemed to be following them before but now it seems like they're avoiding them.
    If they have any way to get directions rather than wandering around blindly in this labyrinth-like sewer, they better use it.

Though maybe they will get in contact with one of those Malechenar agents that are supposed to be patrolling down here.
    [Tracking Rats - Descending into Darkness]

She won't have invited members of the mob down - too easy for them to get caught in the crossfire - and instead has focused on watching the environment. After a moment, she suddenly stops, "I have its attention," she says, and steps away from Tarim and Amalungak. She'll take a stick of chalk out of her pocket, and waves a hand over it, infusing it with just a little of her essence. She'll then hand the chalk to them, "I'm going to hang back, see if I can't scout out some other tunnels, if I can't be masked from them. You two proceed, and if you need help, break the chalk and I'll be able to follow it to you."

The chalk, at least, should be a restricted enough amount of essence that it can be hidden under the shroud of Amalungak's magic. Unless one of them stops her, Halae will then move down a different tunnel at a jog to put some distance between her and the pair.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

[Tracking Rats - Descending into Darkness]

Amalungak defers to Halae easily enough when it comes to the mob. They might be useful, but also get in the way. And perhaps even suspect him of something and turn on him. Human mobs are ever so eager to descend into violence.

"Very well. I will try to get in contact with Tarim or one of Malechenar's people who are down here. We need to find a way down."

Amalungak sets out, hoping to meet one of them. He doesn't wander blindly, however, instead picking his way through the corridors systematically. It seems darkness or getting lost don't scare him.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm fine, I'm fine. They didn't get that lucky." Irena insists. "But babe, you're not listening to me. I've never seen the rats attack people like that before and there were way more there than anywhere else. That's why they caught me off-guard."

"Okay, I'm listening, babe, really. What factory? It's in the industrial area right? You know what street?" Archera asks. She's got to refocus on the task at hand.

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade can't shadowwalk in the sense of this skill, but if he wants he can be extremly fast.

Fade shows his badget (which he has as far as I know). "We do investigate the situation and we are able to take care of ourself. The faster we can go on the faster this rat investation ends, which should be in your intresst as well."
    "Uh, of course." The dwarf replies. "Go on down in then. I should warn you though, its still a mess down there."

Sure enough, it looks like most of the filth on the street has ended up down here as the cleaning crew for now simply have washed down it all here. That means, well, there is a lot of liquified rat feces down here along with a lot of other weird looking substances that they probably don't want to touch or get too close to based on how they smell.
    But still, there are no rats here. Not even below the street level. The sewers look completely empty besides for flies and other insects that must have been drawn here by the stench.

The underground passage they're looking for shouldn't be far from here though. So if they brave walking through the mess (or rather, Ruby does as Fade can bypass it through other means) they will eventually reach a section of the wall which is covered in a much thicker layer of cement than the rest of the sewer tunnel. This would be the entrance and by the look of it, it appears to be pretty solidly filled in with cement.
    Ruby looks down at the muck and pestilence and wrinkles her nose.
    Well, nothing for it but to go and check.
    "That looks solid." she eventually admits, unhappily, while checking it over for any little holes or cracks. Rats can wriggle through shockingly small spaces, as everyone has unfortunately discovered.

[Breakthrough Day]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    HERETIC! Technology must be placed above everything else and next to those who worship Deus Mechanicus. She sure knows that those thoughts shouldn't leave her mouth here.
    "Looking for something?" one of the booth owners says stopping his work on an replacement arm.
    Sadly Mia is at duty right now inside so she won't come until the church service is over.

"Just looking." Alice says.
    "What are the features of that arm you're working on there?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Apartments]

Reinholdt heads to the address given to him in search of Korrina. He will even go so far as to knock on the door. Or ring the doorbell. Or hit the gong. The usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #570

Spoiler: previouse posts for the scenes you might or might not read during your visit here
    Show

Ruby looks down at the muck and pestilence and wrinkles her nose.
    Well, nothing for it but to go and check.
    "That looks solid." she eventually admits, unhappily, while checking it over for any little holes or cracks. Rats can wriggle through shockingly small spaces, as everyone has unfortunately discovered.

[Breakthrough Day]

"Just looking." Alice says.
    "What are the features of that arm you're working on there?"

"Uh, Brahun, you remember him right? He asked me to investigate homeless disappearing and then I..." Irena pauses. "I saw them. The rats I mean. I was investigating this old factory were people used to sleep in and I got like, attacked. It was ****ing crazy. I had to flee down here. There were just that many of them, and... other things. I dunno. Been pretty jumpy ever since in case they followed me. Seeing ****ing rats everywhere." She waves her hand over her head. "I'm so washed up. Let some ****ing rats get the better of me."

Then Brahun's expression might be difficult to read for Karl. "That's me, and who're you? I don't recognize you at all. You're not from Westside, that's for sure." He crosses his arms over his chest as he waits for Karl's reply.

Fade does indeed avoid the mess. His shadow sliding through the wall. I might note he doesn't need light here, having a normal sight even in the darkest places. While Ruby checks for cracks, Fade holds a hand against the cement and checks if it is moveabel Thought his shadow tests out even the cracks since i might be good to watch the other side to find the exit faster.

Allways the scaled once. It is so hard to see through them. Neither they blush or wrinkle or show other stuff that is hidden under their scales.

"My names Karl and you are right. I am not from here. I'm an adventurer and got some work here to do, but some things can't be done unless that rat thing is solved. A clue brought me here since some people disapeared and I was going to investigate futher."

[Breakthrough Day]

"I'm working to make it more 'normal' so people won't feel the difference." he says "Things like the limited movement we got.

With that he moves his arm up to the point where he got stuck just to show how.

"Something special you look for?"