New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

Eastside - A Quiet Little Park

Violet's jab might not connect, as the manner in which the teen is clutching her instrument means the acoustic shields most of her torso. It still has the presumably intended effect of startling and offending her though, regardless of whether the finger presses forcefully into her jacket or makes a soft thunk when it collides with wood.

But if the jab hadn't provoked the kitsune enough woman's next action certainly manages. "H-hey, don't you [fudg]ing touch that!" She springs up with surprising assertiveness, pushing her beloved instrument to the side with a louder thunk as her smaller hands attempt to grapple the hilt out of her hands. It's probably not too successful, as the teen is certainly no amazon, but she's nothing if not persistent.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Terrific Elf Relief Shelter

"Yes." The woman bites back the urge to say "Thank you. Return to your post." These people aren't her subordinates, she can't treat them as such. She takes the towel rather quickly, dries herself off, and puts her clothes and armor back on. Now that she's cleaned up, it would be much harder to mistake her for a man. Her hair is not nearly so dark as it first appeared either, a light blonde instead of a dark brown, now that the dirt has been washed out.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Faction HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Faction HQ]

Goodness! Is this what happens when you put a bunch of Magtoks (or one Magtok and many NOT-Magtoks) together? They're all squabbling like children! The angel sighs, giving Ambriel a little look to say "Really? This is what you guys are like?" She wasn't sure what she was expecting. She wasn't expecting to encounter an elite, organised fighting force or anything like that, but she had been hoping for a little more than this.

Haz's temper is particularly concerning, so Ithuriel quietly and nonchalantly lets her aura start building up a little in effect, waves of golden light very slowly and gently building in volume and washing out over the room. Just something to take the edge off the room and hopefully calm them all down just a little bit.

"I think you should cut the excuses and be honest with them, Magtok. Can you guarantee their safety from you or not? And I mean all of you. I think we've pretty clearly established that one of you is a bit meek and helpless, haven't we? No weaseling out of it. Just give them a straight answer."

"When I'm outnumbered one to like a dozen and everyone else in the room has guns pointed at my head, sure, I'm a bit meek and helpless," Magtok snarks back, pointing a finger at all the weapons in the room, while he's just standing here with little more than a bottle of soda and a bad attitude to fend them all off.

"I can guarantee their safety, yeah. Trouble is, if I ask for permission to do that, I'll get denied. If I go ahead and do it on my own, proclaim something in public that they can't walk back so easily, I'm going to be excommunicated same as all you [butt]holes. What's the point of me making a deal to fix the MagCave if I'm going to get booted out as soon as I'm done?"

"Your mission is to fix the MagCave so they can come back down to the Nexus and go back to business as usual, right? You could just tell the Hegemony you're not done fixing things," Ambriel suggests. "Just tell them the cloning tanks are still down and you're still cleaning things up whenever they ask how you're-"

"Hold up, you call us the Hegemony? Seriously?"

"It's better than MagCollective, and you're missing the point."

"No no, I didn't mean to mock you. You're right, it's way better than MagCollective. We should think about stealing that and using it ourselves."

"...Fine, whatever. So anyway, you could-" Ambriel is interrupted again, as Magtok shakes his head and wags a finger. The worst, most aggravating part about them all being MagClones is it's so, so easy for any one of them to guess where the other's train of thought is going. After a while you just learn to accept that you're going to be cut off mid-sentence a lot. It probably saves time anyway, and the less time spent talking to yourselves, the better, right?

"No, I can't keep them away indefinitely. Eventually they'll figure out something is up, and then we're liable to have a whole new war on our hands if they think I'm trying to secretly assemble a whole new faction of like-minded Magtoks and keep the MagCave all to myself. What else is it going to look like I'm doing if I never make any sort of progress with cleaning out the MagCave and insist on being the only Magtok in the Nexus indefinitely?"

"Go knock up your girlfriend, then," suggests Haz, completely out of left field. Everyone looks at him like he's got three heads, or he knowingly ate something with Needs' name on it out of the fridge. Realizing this, he sighs, puts his drink down, and breaks his strategy down for all the stupid nerds and clueless clowns in the room. "Okay listen, Pat's Mag, he was exceptionally different from the baseline Magtok, but he didn't get branded as one of us outcasts despite meeting all the criteria. Why? He had a wife and kids, that's why." Drooling idiots, these clowns. Weren't they there? Shouldn't they know this? Were they all so used to being full-fledged Magtok most of their lives that they never bothered paying attention to any of this stuff before The Faction was formed?

"Nobody had the stones to approach him and say 'Alright guy, you're weird and different for being a family man, you don't get to be in the special club.' They didn't bother because they knew that'd mean getting Pat directly involved in your stupid 'some clones are more equal than others' bull****. A non-Mag, an outsider, they would see how screwed up and petty you all are, like Ithuriel's seeing now, and side against all your exclusionary policies. It's not a good look, y'know, kicking out a clone because he's got a wife or kids you're not fond of. They were too chicken**** to do anything back then; they'll be too chicken**** to do anything now."

"...Are you serious? Ithuriel, can you wave a magic wand and see if he's being serious right now? I'm not going to have a kid with Caelynn out of political expediency," Magtok insists. Man, is Haz the self-appointed cynical, misanthropic jerkface of Faction or something? Is that his official job title, does he do all the fighting and bullying and intimidating everyone else in the room thinks they're too good to dirty their hands with?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMside]

Are you calling the Commandant unladylike?!?
    That's fair. Ruby is a soldier first, a failed genetic experiment second, 'lady' is pretty far down the list. Firm handshakes with tough scaly hands, that's the way of it.

"Materials we have and will provide - the opening up of Wildside has really helped with that."
    The precise arrangement of which building materials and where to deliver them can probably happen offscreen.
    "Was there something else?"

[Southside]

"You have interesting timing." The King is welcomed with a wry smile.
    "How closely did you follow the demons' raid the night after we struck our deal?"
    How much context do they share, or lack?
    The Commandant is nervous. Hard to help, in the presence of the King in Rags. He's just...creepy.
    [DMside]

I ddn't really notice the Commandant is female at all XD

Offscreen sounds good.

"I don't think so." Mia says. "Unless you got another matter to discuss"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #35

Violet lets the sword go pretty easily, trying to "accidentally" move her leg behind the kitsune's to trip her over. You got a sack afterall huh? She says with a grin. Hey you dropped your dumb guitar.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [DMSide]

"It seemed that there was something on your mind - better to say it now, since we could be killed by demons tomorrow."
    The Commandant says with a smile. A little dark humor.

"And we could find plenty to discuss. Like what happens after Riverside wins. But rebuilding does come first. So If you are done, we'll take our leave."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37

[Terrific Elf Relief Shelter]

Stabby Plot of Stabbing

You know what really ruins someone's day?

A crossbow bolt right in the throat.

Or at least it should have. The elf staggers back a few steps, gasping. That should have easily punched a hole through their neck, but it didn't. Why did slashing at them with a gross bony hand hurt them but a well made, finely crafted, elegant weapon fail to do much harm?

It should be clear at this point that the elfs here are NOT normal elfs.

Something is wrong.

The elf quickly regains their composure and swings the over-sized cudgel at the budding necromancer. Getting hit by the impossibly large weapon would probably hurt.

Diesel Punk

By the time our heroine emerges from the shower her mysterious benefactor is gone.

Though... depending on how good her hearing is she might pick up the sound of a scuffle from one of the wood huts as she passes it. Wonder what's going on in there?

Probably violence.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

[Faction HQ]

Wow. Does she need to treat them all like children? Maybe get, like, a talking stick or something? Only he who wields the stick may talk!

Nah, even if she convinced them to go along with it, they'd just start fighting over the stick. But in a sort of pathetic way. So not really any different from the squabbling going on now.

"Not everyone is pointing a gun at you here, Magtok. In fact, not only am I not pointing a gun at you, I'm keeping Hotshot here from going off prematurely." Making a jab right in the masculinity at Haz might not be wise, but it was the sort of macho language she'd had to use a bit to get the respect of "the boys" in Intersection. Occasionally folks just seemed to need a reminder that being an angel sorta means she's the opposite of some delicate little flower who can't defend herself.

...that one time in the changing rooms had helped get the message across too, but that sort of display is both un-angelic and wholely inappropriate for the situation, for the audience, and because she's with Ambriel and she can't be quite as much of a free spirit any more. She probably needs to talk about that with him a bit at one point. Magtok cheats with the whole clone thing, but he's arguably still done a terrible job of ever actually maintaining a monogamous relationship, right?

She probably ought to be paying more attention to all this, but she's really just a bystander to it all. Haz's little outburst does catch her attention though. She turns and smirks at Magtok, keeping her gaze fixed on him as she addresses her boyfriend, "Hey, Wings, does that mean Magtok would have to let you back into his club if you knocked me up? I bet I could talk some sense into the Hegemony then." She doesn't sound very serious. She's probably not being serious. There's no way she would- although that is a very wicked expression she has on her face right now and there's a certain gleam in her eye.

In reality it's a harmless jab. She's an angel! Angels can't have kids! Angels with traces of demon and vampire in them definitely can't have kids. But does Magtok know that? Does Wings? She can at least have a little fun in all this by making some Magtoks squirm a little.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Terrific Elf Relief Shelter- Stabby Plot of Stabbing

Elimnae snarls as she sees the crossbow do nothing, dropping the weapon and drawing her sabre. It's a steel blade, finely balanced and well made, but lacking in ornamentation beyond a maker's mark etched into the blade. It's a rather simple weapon designed for the sole purpose of killing and wounding people. Elimnae side-steps the cudgel, attempting also to put her foot on it to stop the fae elf from bringing it up again, as she slashes out with the sabre. She's not connected the dots yet, about the vile and decidedly not elegant withered arm hurting more than the sophisticated miniature crossbow.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Terrific Elf Relief Shelter - Diesel Punk

What's making all that racket? Laura unslings the sledgehammer from her shoulder and cautiously moves toward the hut to see what's going on. Someone might be in trouble.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post

Violet lets the sword go pretty easily, trying to "accidentally" move her leg behind the kitsune's to trip her over. You got a sack afterall huh? She says with a grin. Hey you dropped your dumb guitar.
    The kitsune hits the dirt with a surprisingly girly "eep!", but she doesn't lose the large blade in the process, clutching the hilt with a death grip. Thankfully it lands flat side up, or Violet might have a severely injured youth weighing upon her conscience.

...that is, if Violet possesses a conscience. It doesn't sound too unlikely, but it's Violet, so assumptions of such nature should probably not be made.

It takes a second for her to struggle to her feet, a soft little sniffle accompanying the initial push off the ground as a balled fist rubs a smudge of dirt off her cheek. She rises a little awkwardly, turning towards her antagonizer with a distraught and angered look. "J-just leave me the hell alone!" she demands tearfully. Her hands are wrapped around the handle of the greatsword, but the blade is still facing downwards with its end upon the grass, and she doesn't look like she's preparing to take a swing.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #42

I suppose theoretically Violet has a conscience. She hasn't ever shown evidence of one.

Violet laughs at the kitsune. Idiot fell down! Alright whatever. She says, walking back over to her cart. Better learn how to use that thing, some people aren't as nice as I am. She tells her, turning to head off with her cart of stolen goods.

Hooray! You've successfully navigated an interaction with Violet without any violence occurring!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Faction HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Faction HQ]

Wow. Does she need to treat them all like children? Maybe get, like, a talking stick or something? Only he who wields the stick may talk!

Nah, even if she convinced them to go along with it, they'd just start fighting over the stick. But in a sort of pathetic way. So not really any different from the squabbling going on now.

"Not everyone is pointing a gun at you here, Magtok. In fact, not only am I not pointing a gun at you, I'm keeping Hotshot here from going off prematurely." Making a jab right in the masculinity at Haz might not be wise, but it was the sort of macho language she'd had to use a bit to get the respect of "the boys" in Intersection. Occasionally folks just seemed to need a reminder that being an angel sorta means she's the opposite of some delicate little flower who can't defend herself.

...that one time in the changing rooms had helped get the message across too, but that sort of display is both un-angelic and wholely inappropriate for the situation, for the audience, and because she's with Ambriel and she can't be quite as much of a free spirit any more. She probably needs to talk about that with him a bit at one point. Magtok cheats with the whole clone thing, but he's arguably still done a terrible job of ever actually maintaining a monogamous relationship, right?

She probably ought to be paying more attention to all this, but she's really just a bystander to it all. Haz's little outburst does catch her attention though. She turns and smirks at Magtok, keeping her gaze fixed on him as she addresses her boyfriend, "Hey, Wings, does that mean Magtok would have to let you back into his club if you knocked me up? I bet I could talk some sense into the Hegemony then." She doesn't sound very serious. She's probably not being serious. There's no way she would- although that is a very wicked expression she has on her face right now and there's a certain gleam in her eye.

In reality it's a harmless jab. She's an angel! Angels can't have kids! Angels with traces of demon and vampire in them definitely can't have kids. But does Magtok know that? Does Wings? She can at least have a little fun in all this by making some Magtoks squirm a little.

The MagClones do indeed squirm a little. Haz's scowl turns about thirty percent more sour, Ambriel blushes, Magtok rolls his eye in exasperation, Vlad awkwardly suck blood out of an IV bag as the room goes silent, and Needs Food Badly walks through the wall, casually defying conventional physics as he steps into the room with a bag of groceries on each arm.

"Adopt Ithuriel's child. Raise your niece or nephew with Caelynn as if it were your own," Needs suggests, as if he were here all along for the entire conversation. Maybe he was, who knows? He looks like he's sleepwalking as he walks across the room, reaching out to hang one of the grocery bags on Ithuriel's neck, and another on Ambriel's. Both on Ambriel's neck, should Ithuriel resist the first bag.

"Pandora's first and only unboxing video was removed for violating the terms of terms of service," he quotes, lapsing into his usual gibberish as he reaches out to pat Magtok's forehead, leaving an orange, glowing magical glyph there. With his groceries dealt with and his brother marked in accordance with the prophecies, he starts sinking into the floor, headed towards gods only know where.

"...Right. Alright, now that we're all done being silly and weird and talking about having kids, fine. I'll find a way to recognize Faction's independence, I'll figure out some way to avoid suffering for it on my own, and you guys will help me get to the storage rooms where we kept all the horrible ancient artifacts and deadly superweapon mechs. Deal?" It shouldn't be too hard to outsmart and diplomatically outmaneuver an entire space fleet of his own clones, right? I mean, if these Faction losers have been able to manage it for so long, he'll be able to deal with it no problem, surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Stu's Cell Phone]

While listening to Stueven through the cell, she manages to overhear that there sounds to be a pretty heated conversation happening on the other side.

"Hello, Mayor, this is councilwoman Harley Martinez," she says, trying to place whose voice is the mayor's. It sounds familiar...but it's hard to place voices over phones.

If the flower's with the new mayor, he's probably going by Stu but just in case, Harley doesn't say his name (she doesn't know Stueven, either, because she hasn't heard that name yet). "I'm sure you're busy at the moment, so I'll be brief. I heard from a trusted anonymous source about a Riverside group who would be able to help Eastside rebuild, and I'm headed there right now to negotiate. From what I heard, they'll probably want publicity and legitimacy more than anything else."

So, now the important question: "What sort of offers am I authorized to give? And what sort of resources do we have available? And, finally, do you have any recommendations for the negotiation?"

Harley, who is currently driving a car, now waits for the mayor to respond. She would give some recommendations, but she's busy paying attention to the road.
    Felandria considers the question a moment, weighing the options.

It would probably be best if we met up and I joined you at the negotiation.

Can you tell me where the meeting is so I can make my way to meet you there?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

[Faction HQ]

"Oh please." Ithuriel mutters, taking the grocery bag off and setting it down beside her. That Needs fellow sure is a weird one! "I heard the message you guys left for Wings. You knew what was gonna happen. So don't go acting all squeamish now when I'm sure you were all planning on grilling him later about what it's like to get ****ed by an angel." Very unangelic language, Ithuriel! Intersection has been a terrible influence on you!

Or maybe it's just the freedom she has from not trying to act like a noble.

Or maybe it's from that time spent running around naked as a demon.

Or maybe dying twice just makes you care a little less about language.

"Sounds like you guys might have reached a decent agreement though?" Didn't take all that long to convince Magtok to be reasonable, did it? "I dunno if it makes much of a difference, Magtok, but in terms of convincing, uh, yourselves to leave these guys alone, obviously I've got an interest in making sure Ambriel's alright." She reaches over to set a hand on Ambriel's shoulder and give him a squeeze, "So I'd have to help these guys defend themselves if anything did happen."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lotus Gardens]

"We do need to interrogate her," Wenomir says. "So we'll take whatever way of holding her you have."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lotus Gardens]

The bear growls in agreement. Holding cells were great!

Or alternatively, the bear growls in disagreement. Holding cells were bad!

There was no easy way to tell but in most situations with a bear you would dearly hoped you guessed right. Thankfully, this wasn't one of those situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lotus Gardens]

Archera looks between the receptionist and Wenomir. "All I want to do is drop her off with the authorities so she can be punished for her crimes. I brought her here because I knew Jezebel was here, but if she's not running things in Eastside anymore, then I maybe this isn't the place I should be."
    Lotus Gardens

"Well, that's my point. This is the only place you'll find capable of holding her."
    The woman explains. "The Hunters and their cells are gone, the temple of Burning Light might have had a way to hold her but they were hit as well. We got hit, but we've still got our cells below the Chapel. Well, we call them cells but they're more like guest rooms with all the amenities and locked doors. No windows though and they're warded against magic. If that works, then bring her on this way." The receptionist heads towards the partially destroyed chapel, breaking the way through the crowd of people trying to return home.

Jezebel's Manor

"You take me for a common servant now, lady Tel'vree?" Cessie asks, teasingly while still holding onto Jezebel. "Maybe this once considering your injuries, but don't make a habit of making such requests. I certainly wouldn't ask you to dress me." Her words are bit overly intricate as to signal that she isn't really being serious.
    "You want me to help you up too? Or can you do that on your own?"
    Jezebel's Manor

Jezebel gives a small chuckle but the chuckle dies off into a small groan as she gets off the bed and heads over to her wardrobe. "It seems that I can get up on my own, but that might have been a mistake." She admits with a weary smile. It'd taken quite a bit of effort to get up, to the point where she's forced to lean on her wardrobe just a bit, but once she's recovered she picks out a couple pieces of an outfit. It wasn't terribly regal, but it looked elegant. A long-sleeved billowy white tunic, expensive black silk slacks, and a pair of heeled sandals that wrap up her calves. "I truly do appreciate this." She says as she's getting help with her clothing. "I know it is probably too early for me to go for a walk, but I need to go out before I go crazy. And I mean actually crazy." She admits.

When she's all dressed, she takes a moment to tweak her attire, unbuttoning her top slightly at the neck to reveal her bandages and to pull on laspistol and hip holster. As a final touch she straps a long knife to her hip, the same blade that had pierced her. Someone had found a sheathe for it and had cleaned the blade and if anything was a trophy of her survival it would be that. "I..." She pauses for a moment, considering her words before straightening up and facing the mage. "Cessie, would you care to take a walk with me? At my side." She asks.

17. - Top - End - #47

The reach the impossibly sized cudgel affords is affording the elf a pretty significant advantage when it comes to reach. They're making probing attacks with the weapon and then dancing out of range. Attempting to halt the weighted staff probably isn't the best plan, since it's moving quite quickly and has a great deal of heft to it. Maybe impossibly so.

When Elimnae steps forward, the elf steps back. They're dancing around the hut. And the elf doesn't seem to be tiring of this. In fact, they appear vaugely amused.

Though as the elf maneuvers to place Elimnae between themselves and the door, that look of amusement suddenly changes to a look of anguish and worry as one of their hands swiftly darts to the 'wound' on their belly. In like manner, the absurdly oversized weapon is abruptly a simple, humble staff.

"Friend! Aid me!" the elf calls out. "This scoundrel that stinks of the magics of death has attempted to murder me! I fear she means ill for the helpless people here!"

Oh hey.

There's the gal in the steam armor, standing in the doorway.

With a great view of Elimnae's gross skeleton arm.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

"By the Bureau..." Laura gasps. There's some sort of thaumaturge accosting that... person? Gripping the hammer in both hands, Laura advances on the pair menacingly. "Back off, both of you." She has no intention of leaving the thaumaturge alive, it is an abomination against the memory of the person it once was, at least, in Laura's mind.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #49

Default Re: [DMSide]

"It seemed that there was something on your mind - better to say it now, since we could be killed by demons tomorrow."
    The Commandant says with a smile. A little dark humor.

"And we could find plenty to discuss. Like what happens after Riverside wins. But rebuilding does come first. So If you are done, we'll take our leave."
    [DMSide]

Mia waves it away. "Don't worry. I just got something else in mind I have to look at." she says ((In fact the player forgot what it was))

"I'm not sure what you mean with if Riverside wins. Isn't the fight over by now? Or do you have plans I should know of."

Maybe it is time to get some spies up?

20. - Top - End - #50

Default [DMSide]

"Their ship retreated, but Sargon is still out there. The demons will be back." The Commandant warns.

And there's never a bad time to have more spies, is there?

With a nod to Mia, they turn to leave. The sooner they report back, the sooner they can step up the reconstruction.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #51

Jezebel's Manor

Cessie will of course help Jezebel up if she accepts the aid. She knows that she herself insisted on doing some things on her own, but she also had the eldritch gift so it might be different. "The greatest understanding one can have is to understand ones own limits." Cessie recites from her scriptures holy book.

She nods in understanding while helping Jezebel get dressed. "Yes, I understand that you aren't as used to being in one place all day. Harnel was the same way." She pauses. "Harnetta that is." Still hard to getting used to the new name.

She raises an eyebrow at the sheer amount of weapons Jezebel feels the need to strap on when she could barely get out of bed or dress herself. Was all that really necessary when she would barely be able to use it?

Her train of thought is interrupted when Jezebel speaks up however and she looks to meet her gaze. "Of course." Cessie offers her hand to the former mayor. "But are you sure you should carry around that many weapons though? Don't you feel safe here?" She smiles figuring its probably one of those eccentrics people had. Weapons seemed to be a status symbol from where Jezebel were from so perhaps it was just something a noble had to wear, though she wasn't really displaying it either...

[Lotus Gardens]

The bear seems to have started getting impatient and moves in to help break the crowd before them, spearheading their arrival at the chapel.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezebel's Manor

Jezebel takes the mage's hand and gives it a small squeeze, but she stops walking towards the exit after the question about her weaponry. "...you would think I would feel safe, but I'm not sure I'm going to feel safe for a long time in places that aren't my own home." She finally admits after a moment. She continues walking, but she seems to be actually looking at things around her that aren't Cessie. "I was stabbed from behind and there's still a third assassin out there that I knew of. Oh, logically I certainly understand that it won't be around and no one is going to try and attack me like that for the foreseeable future, but that's only logic. It doesn't actually make me feel better or safer for now. Give it some time and perhaps I'll be confident enough to go out without anything. But for now, just one step at a time." She reasons before finally taking a deep breath and opening her front door to step out.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

"That elf drained my life to prolong its own unnatural vitality! Look what it did to my hand! Kill it, kill it and restore life to my withered limb!" Elimnae turns half-back to look at the door and the approaching Laura. Not fully; she keeps the elf in her peripheral vision, as she doesn't trust it.

Elimnae's skin is green, underneath the tattoos on her face. The evenness and lustre of the skin suggests that green is its natural colour, as unusual as that may appear. She doesn't lower her sabre, but does back off, slightly, her blackened and skeletal arm held close to her body; she ceases to manipulate the fingers, pretending it's dead and lifeless, unable to move. That may prove an advantage later.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #54

[Terrific Elf Relief Shelter]

The elf backs away, hand clutched to the bloody wound on their abdomen. They look fearful.

Elimnae will be QUITE sure that the wound wasn't bloody before. It simply looked like torn, moth-eaten cloth.

"They're lying," the elf retorts, their voice muffled by twinges of pain. "They pretended they were hurt and asked me to help. And then attacked me with that grotesque reanimated arm."

Hmm...

Quite the little debate going on here.

Looks like it's going to be up to the steampunk warrior to resolve it.

Aaaand it sounds like she isn't a huge fan of undead.

But then again, who is?

25. - Top - End - #55

DMside

when they leave they will get their weapons back. Just so we don't forget it.

[Southside]

Only a few hours after the meeting people will see several big robots emerging vom DMside into the surrounding area of Southside. They immediatly start working without much rest. While normal worker need weeks or even months to do the proper repairs, these robots have specialized in doing it much faster so it will only need hours for small repairs and days for bigger repairs. That means things will be rebuild in near no time and DMside will add more of those robots to repair the City faster.

[Eastside -Mayor office]

A call from Southside, more specific DMside, will come in asking for the mayor or anyone in charg of the rebuilding.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

[Lotus Gardens]

"The new mayor is here too, so you won't find a better place," Wenomir says as he follows Anika.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Both of the strangers are claiming that the other is a powerful thaumaturge who assaulted them. Laura knows what to do in this case. "Wrong answer!" She twists her arms quickly, activating a thaumaturgical gadget built into her armor. Bolts of lightning fly out from her in all directions, indiscriminate in what they might hit nearby, including the two combatants in the hut.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #58

Jezebel's Manor

Cessie returns Jezebel's squeeze, only getting firmer as Jezebel starts discussing her experiences.
    "You should have been there. You and Adir fighting that all alone was a big mistake that I wish I could undo somehow." She sigh. "But if I would actually undo something, it would be this entire mess. You're not the only one recovering after all, the entire city is. Do you have any future plans? Rebuilding is going to be essential and despite you leaving office, I suspect people are still going to look at you for leadership." Felandria hadn't been tested for the position of leadership as far as she was concerned so she had no idea if she could pull Eastside up. VIGIL would certainly support her efforts considering her membership but Cessie had heard that Felandria was also resurrecting HALO. How could she possibly focus on leading the city if she was also the leader of a organization and a member of another one? Seemed like spreading oneself too thin.

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

The fourth towers base of operation in Riverside is actually not a single building but what appears to have once have been either a campus for students or an old army base that is located some distance away from the city. Either way, its filled with enough barrack-like buildings to house a smaller army.

Not all the buildings in this area are probably inhabited by fourth tower members but the one the angel is going to actually has a sign that reads "the fourth tower".

Opening the door as the angel knocks is a short ape-like woman dressed in yellow with a small vasp-like insect hovering by her shoulder. "Ah, welcome. A new recruit?" She seems to guess.

29. - Top - End - #59

[Terrific Elf Shelter]

ZORP!

You know what a great way of incapacitating people is?

Lots of lightning!

The elf doesn't cry out, since getting zapped tends to cause all your muscles to seize up, which is exactly what happens here.

Down the elf goes, slumping to the ground and smouldering a little.

Well!

Conflict ended, it would seem.

Now what?

30. - Top - End - #60

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]
    The angel takes the note, and eventually the note is read when that angel meets up with the other survivor. From then on all of the angels who need to know the address.
    It's the next day that the demon angel Françoise arrives at the address to see what they find.
    Assuming it's something like an ordinary building, they phase into visibility and ring/knock on the door. The note Sekai gave them is held in one hand.

As members of their strain flight usually are, Françoise is dressed in a simple hooded brown robe that hides everything except the tips of one's talons and the glow of one's night-vision eyes.
    Unusually, they have brought a bunch of gear in bags and bandoleers. Potions, disguises, the silly money peopl here use, a sack of still-squiggling lunch-creatures, etc.
    The fourth towers base of operation in Riverside is actually not a single building but what appears to have once have been either a campus for students or an old army base that is located some distance away from the city. Either way, its filled with enough barrack-like buildings to house a smaller army.

Not all the buildings in this area are probably inhabited by fourth tower members but the one the angel is going to actually has a sign that reads "the fourth tower".

Opening the door as the angel knocks is a short ape-like woman dressed in yellow with a small vasp-like insect hovering by her shoulder. "Ah, welcome. A new recruit?" She seems to guess.
    Françoise nods and offers the ape-woman the note to confirm that they were invited here to learn.
    The woman in yellow is repulsive, but they give no indication of this other than a slight twitch of the antennae, which could mean anything, honestly.

They step inside and point to the wasp-thing with a curious expression. Is it a pet? A summoned monster? A very small warlock?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine