New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

[Eastside Apartments]

"Onyeka." She eyes Reinholdt with a skeptical look. "Is she directing the move?" But why is she asking him? Korrina waves the thought away with a light flick of her wrist. She steps closer, stopping just in front of Rein. She looks him up and down. "Who are you to be coming to fetch me, hm?"

2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Tracking Rats - Ruby and Fade]

Ruby isn't exactly an electrician. Seeing that it's going to be nigh-impossible to get at the battery, she sighs. "We can look at this once we're back aboveground, anyway."

They continue deeper in, and there's a surprised intake of breath when they see the dead mutant rat-people.
    "Definitely something worse than just rats. But someone's already dealt with them. Took the heart every time. That's not a good sign."
    She crouches down to get a closer look at the bloodstains. Let's see if she can remember her training about tracking and analyzing a scene.
    "Or several someones...?"

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice has a deactivated copy he can look at. She gets it out of her bags, along with another stick of gum.
    It's a force-field generator. Controls come in here, power comes in there, and then it skips over some intervening space to create an invisible wall. From the flanges and wires it seems that it helps it function if it's as spread out as can be.
    "Wish I had the time to. But you're right, there's always something we can do with what we have it reach."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Apartments]

"That's right. Well, I think so. She was directing putting up the curtain. Err-tapestry. Large tree thing, lots of blood." Rein spreads out his hands to give her a relative idea of the size of the tapestry.

Which gives Korrina just a little extra leeway to prove how little she cares about personal space. Rein looks down at her and swallows, doing his best to keep his gaze steady. Not that she makes it easy at this angle. If this were any other time or place... He still wouldn't do anything, considering she has a chosen lover AND he's right there glaring so Rein couldn't even claim ignorance.
    "Ahem. Me? I offered to help move some boxes, but they told me to do this instead. I'm often HALO's forward scout and intel delivery. Cause I can fly. So it worked out well. Better than moving boxes at least. Name's Terenti." His last name, though it rarely comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Descending into Darkness - Archera & KABAL]

Not!Irena looks about to raise their hand in protest when Archera volonteers but then stops themselves and simply nods.
    The hero will be able to climb the ladder easily as her light illuminates it. From the tiny holes in the manholes cover she can see what appears to be a car standing parked right on top of it. Unusual as manholes aren't supposed to be on parking spaces.

[The Homeless Initiative]

"I figured that she was simple a rat-expert, which is why she came to solve a rat-problem. I can tell you that no one else keeps or kept rats that close otherwise. I did suspect her to be a part of Malechenar as they employ a bunch of mages, but she denied that when I asked for it." Brahun pauses. "Now that I come to think of it, didn't Malechenars mages kill a lot of rats, and every other animal in the city, way back? It was to prevent some disease I think. Maybe it's somehow connected to this?" He then shakes his head. "But I'm digressing. Besides the disapperances there have been reports of homeless acting strange though it's yet another of those rumors I can't confirm. Some of the people we fight for aren't the healthiest of individuals which is why they need all the help they can get. Rumors about them acting strange aren't exactly extraordinary."

[Tracking Rats - Halae]

Halae takes her own path then. Soon she will come across a whole lot or rats that are swimming through the sewer water. It appears that they are coming from a underwater tube which likely leads to some nearby homeholds drain. The sheer amount of rats suggest that home must be filled with them though.
    Once they swum through the water and got up on a small edge, the rats disappears through an intersecting tunnel leading east

[Tracking Rats - Descending into Darkness (Amalungak)]

As he puts on the blindfold and focuses, Amalungak can sense the fey influence once more. It's quite clear what its intentions are this time though. It's ordering the rats to gather somewhere. He can tell its rather urgent and that it seems like a sudden change in plans.
    If he wants to learn more than that, he would have to attempt to try to focus more closely at the mind of the fey (singular or plural) pulling the strings. That might cause them to notice however.

[HollyxViolet]

Would probably take about an hour, two tops, if only since rats move slower than most humanoids.

"She did, but it sounded like a lot of speculation to me. I think you should have a look at the place before jumping to any conclusions. I'll probably have to send a few people with you though. With that many rats, and spirits knows what else, it's bound to be dangerous." A beat. "So, gotta ask, how good are you in a fight? You got anything against swarms?"

Ruby might be able to tell that these bloodstains vary in age. While one might think a group split off here, the bloodstains are actually all from the same person that just came by here several times.
    It appears they went into one tunnel and came out another one and then likely took the third option and might have come back here for a second time. Though it's now so mixed up that it's hard to tell anything.
    There are hoof prints too, but like the blood they all go into one another, making it difficult to tell which ones are new and which ones are old.

Their investigation also reveals that crude writing has been used next to each tunnel entrance marking them as "1", "2" and "3". It's relatively recent, making it likely that whoever made the prints here is also responsible for the writing.

But as they are looking around, they can hear what sounds like a cry for help coming from the rightmost tunnel.

5. - Top - End - #635

[HollyxViolet]

Oh, right. This guise isn't suppose to be really good at combat, she remembers. But, then again, she figures, she's already been in some sketchy situations and disasters, so...

Holly nods. "I agree," checking it out without jumping to conclusions sounds like a good plan.

"If it's against other people, I'm not all that great at combat," she says, not exactly telling the truth, "but swarms are a piece of cake. I was in Eastside when the demons attacked, and Inside when those skinwalkers did their rampage."

She starts thinking and planning out what she could do - another biological infection, maybe? Either one that quickly kills or... maybe one that makes them attack the nearest thing. With so many that sounds like it would spread easily and take them out quickly. Or maybe, since they seem to so readily attack each other when captured, something else to trigger that...having other people around might make it harder, but she's sure she could come up with a way to make it work. Maybe something flammable? Maybe she could pretend to use this 'elf magic' she's been telling other people that she has. "I know someone around there who has a shotgun and other things, I could borrow it from them, too."

She seems pretty confident about dealing with rat-swarms.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

Descending Into Darkness- Archera & KABAL

Flicker and Spewer stay where they are, looking in both directions down the tunnel so they aren't ambushed. Flicker does have a thought, and uses her power to reach the bottom of the ladder where she taps the concrete underneath with the stock of her shotgun, to see if it's hollow or not.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

After just a moment's hesitation, Amalungak focuses and tries to pry deeper into the mind controlling the rodents. It's a risk, but one he will need to take.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Apartments]

"Ah, you're with Halo. That's more clear." Korrina eyes him searchingly for a moment. "Fine then, I'll come and do this one task. But if they ask you to come fetch me again later, you can save yourself the trip. Just a heads up."

"I thought you said we ha-" The goblin, whose first name Rein has yet to learn, gives him a annoyed look. "I thought we couldn't miss a day."

"Oh darling, you're coming with me of course." Korrina leans over, tips her lover's chin up with her finger, and gives him a light kiss. "Nobody will have a problem. Promise."

Turning her attention to Rein again, Korrina adds. "Feel free to tell Korrina that I'll be there tomorrow morning. If that's a problem, it's between her and me. Don't worry yourself over it."

Archera take a moment to see the blockage. She frowns and descends the ladder again. "There's a vehicle stopped on the cover. That's all I can see. We might have to go up through another manhole and approach from the surface." She suggests.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Apartments]

"Duly noted," Reinholdt replies, not relishing any circumstances he can imagine that would require another trip in the first place.

His eyes dart back and forth from the goblin and Korrina, realization dawning on him. Or at least an assumption he can logically leap to. Rein ends up keeping it to himself, given the personal nature of his conclusion.

"There's a fully stocked kitchen, and there's a pool and hot tub you could use while you wait. If you end up staying long, or just need it, there's plenty of fully furnished bedrooms to stay in that aren't currently in use Mister..." Maybe the goblin will be kind enough to give Rein a name. Maybe not.

Regardless, Reinholdt nods at Korrina. "Tomorrow morning then. I won't keep you. Sorry again for interrupting." He'll turn to leave if that's everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #640

"We have to go around after all this sewer-trecking?" Not-Irena's voice is monotone as always but Archera can likely still tell that they're upset by their body language and choise of words alone.
    They turn to Flicker and Spewer. "Can't you push it open somehow? I might be able to shadow-jump to the other side if I could have a look."

[HollyxViolet]

"Great, then I'll have Violet and some of our people tag along and we'll find out what those rats are up to. Just be careful, reckon there's some kind of magic involved." Dena sits back down behind her office. "I'll make a call to eastside to explain the situation. I'd delay until then, but I'm pretty sure they don't want whatever the rats are planning so we're moving head."

Amalungak will then be aware that it's not one will that is pulling the strings, all tugging them in the same direction. He can make out at least nine voices, the voices of children, urging the rats to "make a new passage". Tapping into it will subject him to the voices urging as well however, and this is where his ritual in huntside will come into play. While it has made him easily able to tap into world of spirits, his mind is in turn more easily subjected to them.
    Therefore he has a choice to make, he could continue listening into the voices for more information but that will make it all the more likely that he eventually will have to obey them as well. He can almost hear those serpent-spirits warning echo within his mind about the danger he has subjected himself to by taking this path.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Apartments]

"Delv." The goblin provides, crossing his arms.

"Perhaps we'll see you tomorrow." Korrina says as he goes to leave. "Safe travels."

As Rein walks away from the apartment, he'll hear a shriek followed by laughter. Those two don't waste any time do they.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness- Archera & KABAL

"We might have superpowers, but neither of us are superstrong. Flicker's got her speed, and I can vomit fear over people. I've got a table to change the fear into acid, instead, but spitting acid straight up is dangerous. I'll be immune to it, my clothing won't be. Neither will you, Flicker, or Archera." And they'll be damaging city and possibly personal property, too, but neither of the villains are all that worried about that. "Or you could go up and have a look yourself, see if you can get out and move stuff from up top." Since it seems Archera couldn't shift it herself, it's that or move on deeper into the sewers.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

"We can go around. There should be other access points. Do you know of any or do we need to look?" Archera looks at definitely-not-Irena for an answer. Otherwise they can guess there should be another up or down the tunnel. Perhaps they passed one on the way here.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

While Amalungak was willing to take a risk before, this causes him to pull away, forcibly separating himself from the rats. He can't risk that, not yet at least. That wouldn't serve his King.

"Voices... nine voices," he tells Tarim. "They're telling the rats to make a new passage of some sort."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #645

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Ruby isn't exactly an electrician. Seeing that it's going to be nigh-impossible to get at the battery, she sighs. "We can look at this once we're back aboveground, anyway."

They continue deeper in, and there's a surprised intake of breath when they see the dead mutant rat-people.
    "Definitely something worse than just rats. But someone's already dealt with them. Took the heart every time. That's not a good sign."
    She crouches down to get a closer look at the bloodstains. Let's see if she can remember her training about tracking and analyzing a scene.
    "Or several someones...?"

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice has a deactivated copy he can look at. She gets it out of her bags, along with another stick of gum.
    It's a force-field generator. Controls come in here, power comes in there, and then it skips over some intervening space to create an invisible wall. From the flanges and wires it seems that it helps it function if it's as spread out as can be.
    "Wish I had the time to. But you're right, there's always something we can do with what we have it reach."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"I figured that she was simple a rat-expert, which is why she came to solve a rat-problem. I can tell you that no one else keeps or kept rats that close otherwise. I did suspect her to be a part of Malechenar as they employ a bunch of mages, but she denied that when I asked for it." Brahun pauses. "Now that I come to think of it, didn't Malechenars mages kill a lot of rats, and every other animal in the city, way back? It was to prevent some disease I think. Maybe it's somehow connected to this?" He then shakes his head. "But I'm digressing. Besides the disapperances there have been reports of homeless acting strange though it's yet another of those rumors I can't confirm. Some of the people we fight for aren't the healthiest of individuals which is why they need all the help they can get. Rumors about them acting strange aren't exactly extraordinary."

Ruby might be able to tell that these bloodstains vary in age. While one might think a group split off here, the bloodstains are actually all from the same person that just came by here several times.
    It appears they went into one tunnel and came out another one and then likely took the third option and might have come back here for a second time. Though it's now so mixed up that it's hard to tell anything.
    There are hoof prints too, but like the blood they all go into one another, making it difficult to tell which ones are new and which ones are old.

Their investigation also reveals that crude writing has been used next to each tunnel entrance marking them as "1", "2" and "3". It's relatively recent, making it likely that whoever made the prints here is also responsible for the writing.

But as they are looking around, they can hear what sounds like a cry for help coming from the rightmost tunnel.

Fade watches the scene and takes the informations in. He was heading for the one floor labeld with the 3 since it appears to be the last way the person took. Whoever was here is clearly now down here. Then the cry comes.

"Hmm, we might take a look at this. Maybe it's the goat person." Fade will then head for the noise. no rush as he looks out for traps and ambushes.

[Breakthrough Day]

"Can I?" the man asks defnitly intended to open the thing up for futher investigation. Should he be allowed he wills tart writing a list down otherwise he just guesses a lot.

"This is a list of some suggestions material wise. I marked those you can by at stores and those where you need to hunt down monsters. Maybe you find someone to help you hunt."

[The Homeless Initiative]That was befor me." Karl comments the Malchanar Pet kill cloud. Thoght he doesn't know about it after all. "Well, that is bad. I hope I am wrong. Guess I head for the place they disapeared now unless you got something better ."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #646

[HollyxViolet]

"Seems like there's a little time before the rats act, so I'll be able to get ready before then," Holly says. Like, grabbing that shotgun. Figuring out another way to take care of a huge swarm of rats. Grab something to eat, maybe, so she doesn't have to face the rats on an empty stomach. Plus, find out a way to see if she can make the rats turn on each other.

After subtracting the time it takes to get to the location, she'd have maybe half an hour, right?

She heads towards the exit. "I guess I don't have time to waste."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Riverside]

Several weeks after the concerning incident with pregnant shadows, something yet stranger occurs. People begin to wander the streets. Clad in rags and tatters or strange, mismatched clothes from faraway lands, they are bird-like figures, with filthy feathers, sometimes beaks, sometimes feathered hands and sometimes simply wings. They either walk the streets or stand on corners. Either way, they appear to have a message to send.

"Rejoice! A great prince is coming!"

"The birth of the heir is soon upon us! Does that not ring clear and true?"

"Never before has such a child been born! We are honored beyond all measure!"

18. - Top - End - #648

[HollyxViolet]

"Alright, just make sure you don't go out there unprepared. I want you to be able to leave in twenty minutes so make use of that time. You'll save some by driving to the manhole closest to where the rats are gathering. I'll find out where it is while you make preperations." And so Holly is sent off.

It looks like MERC only have two cars at their disposal at the moment as the rest are preoccupied fighting rats and dealing with some inccident related to KABAL. Or so the other members claim at least.

Eventually, Holly will find herself before a opened manhole with Violet and a group of other MERC members staring down into it. Even from here they can hear what must be the movement of a lot of rats coming from the hole.
    "I'm detecting faint magic through Violet." Dena comments as the peculiar floating drone moves towards the manhole. "Don't got a clue what it is though, so let's say I'm detecting 'weirdness'." Since that's what magic essentially was.

"They disappeared from plenty of places. A couple disappeared from this the streets around moth park at the start of the rat invasion. Likely since there have been so many of them here after they shut down the park. Now it acts as a form of shelter for them instead. Or it did before the disapperances started to happen. Other places that acts as shelters have been targeted too, even in north- and eastside." He grunts. "I guess I could mark them down on a map or something. You're unlikely to find more clues here, unless you decide to check out the sewers too. The closest other shelter is a warehouse near the edge of town though. When the saints of cunningham never came back after the invasion all their shelters shut down so that's all we got in Westside now." The dragonborn shrugs. "Not that'd you care."

"A new passage to what?" Tarim grunts. "Doesn't really matter though, does it? If these pests wants that, we have to stop them." He looks around. "We just need to find another way there." The tunnel was still too small for him to fit after all.

Not-Irena simply grunts in response to the pair before she turns to Archera. "Around? Seriously?" They can't hear the sigh with the distorter activated but it's defenitly implied. "Fine, I guess we go back to the last manhole we passed by. Shouldn't take too long I guess."

Not-Irena gestures for them to follow and will lead them back to another manhole which they won't have any difficulty climbing out of. It's likely nice to be out of the sewers but they are getting a whole lot of odd looks from people nearby. They seemed to recongized Archera though which likely stopped them from calling MERC. The rest of the group looked pretty suspicios after all.

Not-Irena will then lead them through the streets to a large warehouse sorrounded by a tall fence. There are signs declaring it as private property and that the police will be called if anyone entered. But considering how worn the signs seemed to be and the state of the bulding suggested it had been abandoned by whoever owned it for some time. All windows of it were still shattered after the invasion and no one had even bothered to clean up the shards. "There were rats here before." Not-Irena observes as they stand in front of the gates. "Now it just looks empty."

19. - Top - End - #649

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Fade watches the scene and takes the informations in. He was heading for the one floor labeld with the 3 since it appears to be the last way the person took. Whoever was here is clearly now down here. Then the cry comes.

"Hmm, we might take a look at this. Maybe it's the goat person." Fade will then head for the noise. no rush as he looks out for traps and ambushes.
    "They've been all back and forth through here. Checking each tunnel, bleeding the whole while. Looking for something?"
    Ruby is about to suggest the most recent tunnel when they hear something!
    One of the mutated rat things? The goat-person they're looking for? Someone else?

She gets her gun out of its holster as she follows Fade.

[Breakthrough Day]
    "Can I?" the man asks defnitly intended to open the thing up for futher investigation. Should he be allowed he wills tart writing a list down otherwise he just guesses a lot.

"This is a list of some suggestions material wise. I marked those you can by at stores and those where you need to hunt down monsters. Maybe you find someone to help you hunt."
    Alice nods and hands over the force-field generator.
    "Oh, I see. You could use this for- Thanks!"

"I'd better get started tracking all this down." she says half-to-herself as she takes the list of recommendations.
    They must be kinda peculiar monsters.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #650
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness- Kabal & Archera

Flicker and Spewer follow Not-Irena, tagging along with Archera for lack of better ideas. When they reach the old warehouse, the examine the fence critically. They're looking for ways in, places where somebody's either cut through the fence or lifted it from the bottom and curled it up to crawl underneath, or thrown something over the top to scale it without getting stabbed by a potential barbed wire top. There should be something; no warehouse remains abandoned for long before some urban explorer comes along and decides to find out what it looks like inside.

If there's nothing, then Spewer could probably use an acid tablet to melt the fence.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a bit more conspicuous than Achera would prefer, but they had to get out of that sewer. She pauses to assess the warehouse with the rest, likewise looking for points of entry. That said, "We should head around to the back." There's no use drawing more attention to themselves by trying to get in right off the street.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

"Trying to discern their exact direction would have been too risky," Amalungak says, not going into details as to why. "But there's an urgency to the voice. Like there was a sudden change of plans. Perhaps something happened elsewhere. Do you know of any other way in that direction? This great mass of rodents shouldn't be difficult to follow."

23. - Top - End - #653

The fece is undamaged, but it wouldn't be impossible to climb over it for an experienced athlete. They could likely be melted too, they're just made of ordinary steel.
    "Yeah, at the back we should see the sewer entrance." Not-Irena already taking Archera's lead.
    If everyone goes along they soon enough find a small yard behind the warehouse where they can see what generously could be called a "car" standing parked right on top the manhole.
    It's quite unlikely it's been driven here as it the cap is open and it appears to be missing, among other things, an engine.
    "That car was here before, but it sure as hell wasn't parked on the manhole. Someone must have moved it, and it wasn't rats."
    Climbing over the fence will take effort and time, but they can manage it. They might have a faster alternative though.

They enter the passage marked 1 then.

This passage is much more narrow than the one they came from and it's not exactly straight either. It's like it was made through a completely different method, likely a dried out underground river that came to connect with the other passage.

"Help!" The voice cries again just as they reach a cave hub of sort splitting into even more tunnels. Here the screams are mixed in with the sound of running water. Indeed, as they might have already guessed, there is a river running through here in the middle of the cave. Though the river isn't small it seems to have been much larger in the past, likely responsible for making at least a few of the tunnels going through here. Other tunnels seem to have been constructed as they are supported by archways made of a green metal that glow fainly as they look at them.

The screams however are coming from a smaller cave entrance just past the riverbank. It isn't the only cave however, there are quite a few of them along the riverbank with stalactites and stalagmites having formed like teeth within them. Giving them a rather intimidating apperance.
    The blood tracks here are faint, almost completely faded away. Not even an expert tracker could see where they go from here.

"Hrm, if I had a map of this place I might but even if I know this city above by heart now, these passages are nearly completely unknown to me. But I guess we'll see if there is another streams of rats going in another direcftion." It will take a while for them to find it however. Unless Amalungak have a way to find it faster, they will locate it the next time I post for everyone else.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness- Archera, KABAL & Not-Irena

Spewer pops out his box of tablets and carefully selects one before popping it in his mouth and living up to his name as he creates a blast of acid to melt through the fence. He'll generate quite a small burst, so it should be safe to walk on without damaging one's shoes. It's not exactly subtle, and if Archera wants to stop him, there's plenty of time to do so.

If he is stopped, he'll climb over the fence, slightly awkwardly, though Flicker's a little more clumsy at it.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Archera might protest to the destruction of property, but this place was a wreck as is. There are greater priorities right now. She approaches the gap in the fence and with a gesture sends a high pressure spray of water to clear the extra acid. She must have some small water reserve on her person. The water settles on the pavement, but as she walks through the fence and toward the building some might notice is creeping along the ground toward her.

"Head in through the back door and be alert for anyone waiting in there. I'll circle around to the front and cut anyone off who might try to slip out that way. Agreed?" She says in a low voice, gesturing toward the back door.

26. - Top - End - #656

The fence is easily melted down and a gap is created. "It's not usually locked. People used to sleep in here. Heck, I don't even know how anyone found the keys..."

Now that Not-Irena mentions it, the group might notice that while everything else is worn down by age, the locks are nearly completely new.
    Nonetheless, she heads after them and nods in response to Archera, starting to move just as silently towards the backdoor.

They can't hear or see anyone inside however. Everything is quiet besides the general sounds of the city around them. Like the back gate, the backdoor also have a new lock. Someone has been here for sure. Archera will find that the front door have a new lock as well, but like the others she can't see a hint of anyone inside the building. It looks completely lifeless.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Orc in the Playground

Descending into Darkness - Archera & KABAL

Flicker grabs the padlock and activates her power, rapidly moving a short distance in small teleport hops. Unless the padlock's warded against teleportation, she'll take the padlock with her and leave the door unlocked so Spewer can open it. Flicker will move in first, with her shotgun, before Spewer follows. Not-Irena can take up the rear, since they don't think she has any superpowers.

28. - Top - End - #658

Spoiler
    Show

The fece is undamaged, but it wouldn't be impossible to climb over it for an experienced athlete. They could likely be melted too, they're just made of ordinary steel.
    "Yeah, at the back we should see the sewer entrance." Not-Irena already taking Archera's lead.
    If everyone goes along they soon enough find a small yard behind the warehouse where they can see what generously could be called a "car" standing parked right on top the manhole.
    It's quite unlikely it's been driven here as it the cap is open and it appears to be missing, among other things, an engine.
    "That car was here before, but it sure as hell wasn't parked on the manhole. Someone must have moved it, and it wasn't rats."
    Climbing over the fence will take effort and time, but they can manage it. They might have a faster alternative though.

This passage is much more narrow than the one they came from and it's not exactly straight either. It's like it was made through a completely different method, likely a dried out underground river that came to connect with the other passage.

"Help!" The voice cries again just as they reach a cave hub of sort splitting into even more tunnels. Here the screams are mixed in with the sound of running water. Indeed, as they might have already guessed, there is a river running through here in the middle of the cave. Though the river isn't small it seems to have been much larger in the past, likely responsible for making at least a few of the tunnels going through here. Other tunnels seem to have been constructed as they are supported by archways made of a green metal that glow fainly as they look at them.

The screams however are coming from a smaller cave entrance just past the riverbank. It isn't the only cave however, there are quite a few of them along the riverbank with stalactites and stalagmites having formed like teeth within them. Giving them a rather intimidating apperance.
    The blood tracks here are faint, almost completely faded away. Not even an expert tracker could see where they go from here.

"Hrm, if I had a map of this place I might but even if I know this city above by heart now, these passages are nearly completely unknown to me. But I guess we'll see if there is another streams of rats going in another direcftion." It will take a while for them to find it however. Unless Amalungak have a way to find it faster, they will locate it the next time I post for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"They've been all back and forth through here. Checking each tunnel, bleeding the whole while. Looking for something?"
    Ruby is about to suggest the most recent tunnel when they hear something!
    One of the mutated rat things? The goat-person they're looking for? Someone else?

She gets her gun out of its holster as she follows Fade.

[Breakthrough Day]

Alice nods and hands over the force-field generator.
    "Oh, I see. You could use this for- Thanks!"

"I'd better get started tracking all this down." she says half-to-herself as she takes the list of recommendations.
    They must be kinda peculiar monsters.

"They disappeared from plenty of places. A couple disappeared from this the streets around moth park at the start of the rat invasion. Likely since there have been so many of them here after they shut down the park. Now it acts as a form of shelter for them instead. Or it did before the disapperances started to happen. Other places that acts as shelters have been targeted too, even in north- and eastside." He grunts. "I guess I could mark them down on a map or something. You're unlikely to find more clues here, unless you decide to check out the sewers too. The closest other shelter is a warehouse near the edge of town though. When the saints of cunningham never came back after the invasion all their shelters shut down so that's all we got in Westside now." The dragonborn shrugs. "Not that'd you care."

Fade remains calm. It might be quiet disturbing for Ruby that he is so calm. It appears just like he don't care. Any other person would at least be a bit faster when they hear a call for help. Fade takes his time looking around for traps, not taking the direct way to the tunnel. His shadow also keeps his eyes open, but will mostly cover up the floor. rats can come from everywhere.
    He will wait for Ruby if she decides to look at the blood here and then head for the call. He will after all check if those theeth like stones are really just tunnel and not giant mouths. He nods to Roby to follow.

"Yeah, iI haven't been here for long so I don't even know the cunningham guys." Karl says.
    "Thanks alot. If I got anything usefull i keep you in contact." he says giving him a piece of paper where riverside is up. It's not a detailed map but it will be enougth to orient in the city. Schould there be nothing more he will head out for the warehouse.

[Breakthrough Day]

The man will point a shop in mallside out, but he suggest looking at that Arkant store. he heared they offer many goods at low price.

The monsters are really one of a kind, at least for her. An oildragon. A Stone ox are just the one you get it ll from. There are others but they are to dangerouse for what you get.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Archera moves quickly and quietly to the front door. When she sees the lock she looks around, making sure she's not being observed, then she puts her hands over it. The water that was following her before collects between her hands. She gives it a moment to seep into all the empty gaps in the lock as much as possible, and the rest just covers the lock. Then she focuses on the water inside the lock and prompts it to freeze. The expansion of the water plus it's inability to flow out should cause some serious problems for the lock.

30. - Top - End - #660

Fade remains calm. It might be quiet disturbing for Ruby that he is so calm. It appears just like he don't care. Any other person would at least be a bit faster when they hear a call for help. Fade takes his time looking around for traps, not taking the direct way to the tunnel. His shadow also keeps his eyes open, but will mostly cover up the floor. rats can come from everywhere.
    He will wait for Ruby if she decides to look at the blood here and then head for the call. He will after all check if those theeth like stones are really just tunnel and not giant mouths. He nods to Ruby to follow.
    "People must have been building under this city for...." Ruby trails off, wondering. "And the trail ends here, at the water. I don't like it."
    Many many tunnels here. It's looking like a real maze.
    Fade's unnatural calm helps remind Ruby that she should take things cautiously. But it is creepy.

"Who's there?" she calls out. They have light and aren't exactly sneaking; there's no point hiding. And maybe they'll get some information.
    She then follows Fade towards where the cry for help appeared to come from. Slow. Careful. Look up. Check behind every stalagmite.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine