New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Shannara: The Ragnarok Foundry IC

Tasir Krie

Tasir, for one, is quite happy with her choice of shield - a strapped kite that remains functional even while riding really is much more useful in this scenario than a clunky centregrip-anything. An opportunity presents itself as the halberdiers move away to fly up and join their compatriots in doing... whatever doesn't look good up there, and she swings a hefty-and-perhaps-slightly-magical warhammer into the side of one of the fleeing gargoyles. "Hang in there, little one, you'll not be stone for long."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Fabien sends two bolts of energy whizzing at the halberdier that petrified Gallador.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blast
    (1d20+8)[16]
    (1d10+4)[12]

(1d20+8)[19]
    (1d10+4)[11]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Larimarle's magic hits all three(1,2,7) gargoyles with it's full force(9 damage). Gargoyles 1 and 2 are barely alive. A well thrown rock could finish them.

As Gargoyle Halberdier 4flees upwards, a solid blow from Tasir's hammer crashes into it, and it only survives due to the uncommon resilience of stone.(7 damage, resisted to become 3)

The gargoyles surrounding Orion take a disciplined approach to their attacks. Gargoyle 4 attacks, Larimarle, Gargoyle 5 attacks Fabien, and Gargoyles 6 and 7 help their brethren via feints and distraction. Through said aid, all four attacks find their mark. Larimarle takes eight damage, and Fabien eleven.

The halberdiers finish their spell, joining their magically energy into a dark orb. Before they are able to unleash it, however, silvery light lances towards them, blowing apart the weakest of the four(halberdier 4), and dealing a solid hit(11 damage) to Halberdier 3. The death of one of those channeling energy into it causes the orb to fizzle out and backfire, reverberating the killing blow throughout the other three.(12 more damage.)
    ke palulu o ka pono, ka ihe o Ku
    I'm building a campaign setting! Latest update: Gnomes!

Hobhekili credit to linklele.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Tasir Krie

Reaching behind her to touch where Gallador sits frozen in stone, Tasir sends a burst of her own magic through the Gallador-statue in another attempt to Dispel Magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+4)[24]

5. - Top - End - #65

With a crackling sound, the stone image of Gallador sloughs off, revealing him, unpetrified. Gallador is back in the fight!

The two rocs continue to attack whatever is in front of them. Orion manages to bite Gargoyle 1's head off, taking him out of the fight, while Andamir scratches Gargoyle 5 for 4 damage.

The three remaining gargoyles around Andamir each choose a different target. Gargoyle 2 manages a lucky hit against Tasir, for 3 damage. Gargoyle 3 finds both attacks against the newly unpretrified Gallador, for a total of 13 damage. And lastly, both of Gargoyle 8's attacks against Andamir are successful, dealing 10 damage in total.

Heroes, it's your turn. Also, there will most likely be time for a long rest after you land.
    Last edited by Arzanyos; 2019-03-05 at 02:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle
    Elf Time Mage
    HP: 48/56
    Conditions: Mage Armor, Float
    Concentrating On: --

Noticing that none of the gargoyles are clustered in a particularly handy way and that it might be better to end things quickly as her allies don't look like they're doing so well, Larimarle decides to use her most powerful spell. Rippling waves of energy pour off her right hand and darkness engulfs her left. She then slams them together and they unleash a wave of destructive energy that washes over her allies harmlessly and wreaks havoc on the gargoyles.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Destructive Wave. It hits every enemy within 60 feet of her, so it should hit Gargoyles 2-8. They need to make a DC 17 Con save to avoid being knocked prone and for half of (5d6)[15] thunder and (5d6)[18] necrotic damage.

7. - Top - End - #67

The effects of Larimarle's spell are devastating to the smaller gargoyles. All but one of them break apart or fall out of the sky entirely, leaving only the three remaining halberdiers, and a badly injured Gargoyle 4(who took 17 damage)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Larimarle's destructive spell bring this fight closer to a finish, Tasir decides to do the same herself. She looks to the sky and conjures down a pillar of fire and light around the gargoyles with the halberds doing whatever is it they're up to.

Spoiler
    Show

Tasir uses Flame Strike on the halberdier gargoyles. I'm pretty sure they're still somewhere within range of 60 foot range + 40 feet of the cylinder.

They need to make a Dex save for half of (4d6)[11] fire and (4d6)[14] radiant damage.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Fabien sends two more bolts of energy into the nearest gargoyle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting eldritch blast on gargoyle 4.

(1d20+8)[20]
    (1d10+4)[11]

(1d20+8)[16]
    (1d10+4)[14]

10. - Top - End - #70

Both divine fire and eldritch light crash into their targets, but somehow, all four enemies are left alive, although hovering on the brink of death. Defiantly, the Halberdiers continue to channel energy into their dark orb, readying to release it next turn. If they're still trying to use it, even after its dismal failure last time, and the obvious hazard of bunching up, it most be powerful magic indeed.

So, here are the healthbars of the remaining enemies;
    Gargoyle 4 has 3hp
    Gargoyle Halberdier 1 has 19hp
    Gargoyle Halberdier 2 has 32hp
    Gargoyle Halberdier 3 has 7hp

Y'all got one round to take them out and complete your flight, or else you will all be petrified, and have to hoof it on foot after you get saved by DM and or Fabien's Patron fiat.

Also, Gallador has yet to act this round. If Celticbear's not coming back, someone should take him over for these next two rounds.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gallador throws a pair of handaxes at one of the gargoyle halberdiers. He'll then get Andamir to fly towards the halberdiers.

Fabien sends a pair of energy bolts at one of the halberdiers, whichever he judges to be weakest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gallador will throw handaxes at Gargoyle Halberdier 3.
    (1d20+9)[25]
    (1d6+5)[10]

(1d20+9)[23]
    (1d6+5)[6]

On Andamir's turn, it will fly towards the halberdiers so that Gallador can engage with his sword.

Fabien will cast eldrich blast at the weakest remaining halberdier.
    (1d20+8)[15]
    (1d10+4)[8]

(1d20+8)[23]
    (1d10+4)[14]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle
    Elf Time Mage
    HP: 48/56
    Conditions: Mage Armor, Float

Larimarle extends a hand out at one of the remaining enemies and makes a swatting motion as if trying to smack a fly out of the air. Accompanying this is a flash of darkness around one of the gargoyles.

At the same time Tasir extends their holy symbol out and it glows and in conjunction with it, the other gargoyle's halberd glows bright white from sudden intense heat.

Spoiler
    Show

Larmiarle casts Blight on one of the remaining enemies. DC 17 Con save for half of (8d8)[38] necrotic damage.

Tasir casts Heat Metal at 4th level on the other. I'm assuming at least one left is a halberdier. DC 16 Con save or drop the object and some other stuff. But that doesn't prevent the initial damage of (4d8)[27] fire damage in any way apparently. Who knew?

13. - Top - End - #73

Through the parties combine magical efforts, the gargoyles are defeated, and drop lifeless out of the sky. A little while later, the party touches down in the Eastlands, a little worse for the wear, but all alive. You are now in a small forest clearing, which should be safe from prying eyes above. Another Druid was waiting there, along with a troll and a dwarf.(The new PC's). What do?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle & Agama
    Elf Time Mage & Mwellret Totem Warrior
    HP: 48/56 & 104/104
    Conditions: Mage Armor, Float & Conditions: --

"Greetings, I am Agama. I am told you could use some additional help." Agama says as an introduction.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Veit
    "Viet, Warden of the Eastlands, at your service. Heard the Druids were sending a team to investigate some threat to this lands."

Fabien
    Fabien fills the newcomers in on what they know so far. He then turns to the new druid.
    "So what now?."
    Last edited by Diceomancer; 2019-04-06 at 09:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Damoh

The other druid nods at Fabien's approach. "Now, you get a little and you give a little. There are dark stirrings in the west, things we have been investigating, and... that have been investigating us. I've come here for reinforcements of sorts, to throw them of the trail as it were. So, I two of you come with me, and these two stay here. Parn will head back to Paranor to explain this situation."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle & Agama

"Are we to head off on foot from here?" Agama asks, looking at the large birds and wondering if they could actually manage to carry him.

18. - Top - End - #78

Damoh

Damoh nods. "Aye. It seems the skies are guarded closely here. Best to stay under the radar, as it were."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Fabien
    "Where exactly are we headed?"

20. - Top - End - #80

Damoh

"Exactly is not an answer I can give you. There's strong magic at work here, as the 'troubles' with your arrival show. My advice is to keep your eyes peeled, and follow whatever doesn't fit. Also, there should be a hamlet a little to the north. The dwarves there might've seen something."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle & Agama

Larimarle looks to Veit and asks, "Do you think I'd be better received as a dwarf than...?" and she makes a vaguely circular hand gesture at herself to indicate her current appearance.

Agama looks at the sky and contemplates how long they'll be able to travel before needing to set up camp for the night or if they might make it to the dwarven hamlet before then and find a place to sleep there.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-05-02 at 01:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Viet
    "I don't see any need ta try an' pass as a dwarf. The village sounds like a good place ta start."

Fabien
    "The hamlet it is then. Shall we be off?"

23. - Top - End - #83

The group heads out, with Agama figuring they should reach the hamlet by nightfall. His estimate proves correct, as the setting sun is accompanied by the bustling sounds of people, tinged with something unusual, the clanging of soldiers. It seems the hamlet is being occupied by a small force of armed dwarves, in addition to the regular populace.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Viet
    "Let's head off ta the tavern. Good a place as any ta find out wha' folks have been hearing an seein'. And the best part of any village." Viet starts walking through the town looking for a tavern.

Fabien
    Shrugs and follows.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle & Agama

"Works for me!" Larimarle replies and follows along.

Agama just gives a nod and a grunt. Though it's a pleased sounding grunt?

26. - Top - End - #86

Dwarven Hamlet

Unfortunately, the hamlet is too small to have a proper tavern, so instead, the group ends up at the main room of the bivouac erected by the dwarven soldiers, which has ended up serving much the same purpose.

Currently, there a about a half-dozen presumably local dwarves scattered around the room, drinking, and generally carrying on. The soldiers are divided into three groups. Five are posted on watch, looking a bit tense about the whole, "impromptu tavern business." A moderately important looking one, probably in command, is at the largest table, hunched over a map with three associates. Another four soldiers are standing around what passes for the bar, drinking and chatting merrily with the quartermaster, who is currently passing for a barkeep. Lastly, there are a pair of dwarves huddled over in the corner, eating. They aren't dressed like the locals, and they certainly aren't soldiers. They look pretty rattled.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Larimarle Starle & Agama

Larimarle walks up to the quartermaster/bartender and says with a friendly smile, "Hello friend. I'll have one of whatever you would drink and would you mind telling us what is going on here?"

28. - Top - End - #88

Bivouac Tavern/Dwarven Quartermaster

The quartermaster doesn't quite smile back at you. "You can't get what I'd drink here, but here's some of the house special; what we've got." He chuckles at his own joke and slides over a mug of fairly average ale before continuing. "As for what's happening, that's the question worth its weight in gold. Villages getting ransacked, people fleeing for their lives, troops called in, and not one person can be found who has actually seen something of note."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Fabien
    Fabien approaches the pair in the corner. "Hello. I am called Fabien. I'm new to this place, but I can see there is something wrong here. Can you tell me anything of what is happening?"

Viet
    Viet follows Larimarle to the bar. "I'll have an ale as well. I heard ye mention somethin' about ransacking. If no ones seen anythin', what have they been finding at the ransacked villages after?"

30. - Top - End - #90

Bivouac Tavern/Dwarven Quartermaster

The quartermaster shrugs and slide Viet an ale. "That's the thing. They find the villages, ransacked and burnt something fierce, but that's it. No bodies, no survivors, no clues. So they ask around, and it always turns out the same. Whoever saw something and called us in went missing before we arrived, so all we get to go off of is thirdhand crazy ramblings."

Meanwhile, the two dwarves in the corner are unreceptive to Fabien's inquiry. "No talk. See nothing." They say, hurriedly waving him off. Before he has a chance to leave though, they reconsider slightly, offering their stew pot towards him. They still don't say anything more, though.