New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Map Creation Software for Battle Mats

Does anyone know of some good map creation software that prints directly to scale? I have access to a large format printer and would like to be able to design a 24x36" or 36x48" map on a 1" grid and print it directly without having to muck around with trying to rescale it on the printer end. I found Tiamat Tile Mapper which allows for a "Battle mat" sized export but finding and manipulating the tiles is pretty clunky and you need to pay for each map you export and tile set you want. I don't mind paying upfront for a program but I'd rather not be dinged forever on every map I want to make. Are there better options?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Map Creation Software for Battle Mats

It might need some more investigation, but MapForge seems to be a standalone application and supports printing high-res maps?

I like my abusive relationship with MapTool personally, but then I don't print maps out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

That looks promising, thanks. Also looks like I can play with and test it before actually purchasing a license so that's another plus.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I've heard good things about Campaign Cartographer for making maps (but have never actually used anything other than Inkscape).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Campaign Cartographer with the Dungeon Designer add-on is exceptional and has no problem printing at whatever scale you want.

But, you can check out this post for more software options; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ftware-summary