New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lost Spheres Publishing FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post

Q114: What is the duration on the Pasha of Stone's Guardian's Embrace ability?
    A114: This should have a duration of 1 minute.

Q115: When champion forms like the Pasha of Stone and the Sultan of Flames say they gain levels in Monk or Barbarian, do they have to take the chained version, or can they go unchained?
    A115: Unchained is perfectly acceptable.

Q116: Leviathan's and Sultan of Flames' weapon forms are a bit incongruous with previously released Constellation weapons, scaling more like weapon-like veils (being limited to +5 enhancement bonus and having massive amounts of scaling damage), while Thunderbird's works like other Constellation weapons. I'm not sure how to frame my question other than "that seems kind of weird, what's up with that?"
    A116: There's a couple different scaling mechanisms that I use depending on the weapon. Leviathan and Sultan of Flames don't get as many enchants because they get scaling bonus damage, so they have a more basic enhancement structure. Akashic Realms volume 1 also has weapons that grant special abilities alongside that "half scaling", and you'll see it with some veils as well.

Q117: I got most of the references of the various races, but I seem to be drawing a blank on Wyrmkin. Are they supposed to be a race I would recognize from a certain long-running fantasy series with a decidedly finite name?
    A117: Long story short, they started out as one thing and then kind of evolved into something else during development, and that new thing was so cool we just kept it.

Q118: Both Wolger and Wyrmkin are quadrupedal. Core rules state that quadrupeds with claws/paws have the following magic item slots: Armor, Belt (saddle), Chest, Eyes, Headband, Neck, Shoulders, Wrist. This means that, besides missing the Hands slot (which you covered by giving them two Feet slots), they would also be missing the Head, Body, and Ring slots (and Weapon, but I would assume that's on purpose). Is that accurate, or do they also have these slots? If they don't, what does that mean for veils shaped in those slots, especially Viziers with their Ring veils?
    A118: The only slot they lack is the Hands slot as detailed in their Quadrupedal ability. Their specific version of Quadrupedal essentially overrides any other rules on the matter.

Q119: Are we going to get more Convergence feats for the other veil sets?
    A119: That is certainly very likely, though I don't have a specific product to announce at this time.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q120
    Akashic Realms Volume 1 has a line saying
    For each additional point of essence bound to this
    feat, treat your class level as 1 higher than it actually is when
    determining the damage dealt by your planar detonation and
    the effects of any level-based convergence abilities which alter
    your planar detonation (such as the number of lines created by
    the Elysium Tier 2 convergence).
    I cannot find an Elysium detonation giving multiple lines under any of the convergences I've found on the wiki or my books.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

They probably meant the Heavens convergence, since that's the only one that mentions the word "line". Of course, it's just a single line that gets longer, not multiple lines. Maybe a cut convergence? Or possibly just a cut mechanic for Heavens?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to double-check with Christen, but I think the Elysium convergence and veil set may have been pulled over to another release that hasn't come out yet.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I have to double-check with Christen, but I think the Elysium convergence and veil set may have been pulled over to another release that hasn't come out yet.
    So akashic realms volume 3 or 4 is in development then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Reposting for an 'official' answer, as it's been bouncing around the back of my mind and bugging me...

After doing some more reading, I found something about Kineticists that I had completely forgotten about:

Quote Originally Posted by Occult Adventures, p.11, Kinetic Blast
    As a standard action, the kineticist can unleash a kinetic blast at a single target up to a range of 30 feet. She must have at least one hand free to aim the blast (or one prehensile appendage, if she doesn’t have hands).
    I'm pretty sure any of the GMs I play with would allow a Wolger character to shoot Kinetic Blasts from their mouth (ala Voltron), but per RAW, Quadrupeds cannot use Kinetic Blast. The confusion is that Wolger's have a Kineticist FCB.

Q121: Should the specific Quadruped entry used for the Wolger and Wyrmkin have additional wording added for anything that requires a hand (or prehensile appendage) for aiming?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut View Post
    Reposting for an 'official' answer, as it's been bouncing around the back of my mind and bugging me...

After doing some more reading, I found something about Kineticists that I had completely forgotten about:

I'm pretty sure any of the GMs I play with would allow a Wolger character to shoot Kinetic Blasts from their mouth (ala Voltron), but per RAW, Quadrupeds cannot use Kinetic Blast. The confusion is that Wolger's have a Kineticist FCB.

Q121: Should the specific Quadruped entry used for the Wolger and Wyrmkin have additional wording added for anything that requires a hand (or prehensile appendage) for aiming?
    A121: Yes. I'll ping Christen about seeing if we can run an update so wolger kineticists are viable (though I might need to review a few things before we finalize new verbiage as I'm not sure to what degree we want e.g. swashbuckler damage bonuses applying to wolger natural attacks).

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

A121: Yes. I'll ping Christen about seeing if we can run an update so wolger kineticists are viable (though I might need to review a few things before we finalize new verbiage as I'm not sure to what degree we want e.g. swashbuckler damage bonuses applying to wolger natural attacks).
    Awesome, thank you! I tried finding other cases where it specifies needing a hand to aim, but couldn't find any; Weirdly enough, once you get past the 'no hands for somatic components' thing, it doesn't actually say you need a hand to aim a spell!

EDIT: I just checked the Swashbuckler wording, and they were *painfully* specific about their requirement of a 'light or one-handed piercing melee weapon', even including the additional clause for Precise Strike of 'a light or one-handed piercing melee weapon (though not natural weapon attacks), adding her swashbuckler level to the damage dealt'. I'm picturing an exhausted developer, revising the wording for the fourth or fifth time, as someone on the team found *another* way to Precise Strike with an Elven Curved Blade/Elven Branched Spear/Spiked Chain.
    Last edited by Bahumut; 2019-11-14 at 10:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 122: Which scaling aspects of the involved classes Does the Crux of Power feat apply to? All of them, some of them, or just the ones that directly refer to caster level/manifester level/binder level or class level?

If I were an Aegis/Something/Paladin, I'm thinking my Astral Suit wouldn't gain new points (does not reference level with regard to points, but may gain the level up abilities for the Astral Suit types, while the Ascendant or Abberant Aegis natural armor bonus would), but my Smite Evil (does reference level for effect, am not sure if the levels would stack for additional uses) and Lay on Hands (references level/2) would grow stronger.

I'd think that an Eidolon, Animal Companion, or Familiar gaining power would similarly fall under the "no new abilities" thing, and thus require using the Academy Dual Focus feat.

Something like Channel Energy (the Cleric version) I'm also not sure about.
    Last edited by Von Krieger; 2019-11-30 at 02:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Von Krieger View Post
    Q 122: Which scaling aspects of the involved classes Does the Crux of Power feat apply to? All of them, some of them, or just the ones that directly refer to caster level/manifester level/binder level or class level?

If I were an Aegis/Something/Paladin, I'm thinking my Astral Suit wouldn't gain new points (does not reference level with regard to points, but may gain the level up abilities for the Astral Suit types, while the Ascendant or Abberant Aegis natural armor bonus would), but my Smite Evil (does reference level for effect, am not sure if the levels would stack for additional uses) and Lay on Hands (references level/2) would grow stronger.

I'd think that an Eidolon, Animal Companion, or Familiar gaining power would similarly fall under the "no new abilities" thing, and thus require using the Academy Dual Focus feat.

Something like Channel Energy (the Cleric version) I'm also not sure about.
    The intent of the feat was for effective caster level, manifester level, and other level based calculations for power of an existing ability. It is not meant to directly impact companions and the like and Academy Dual focus would be more effective. If using Spheres of Power we recommend that the caster level of a single sphere per other qualifying class be allowed rather than base caster level considering the design of that system. Generally abilities that have class table entries of their own should be excluded for Crux of Power (like Channel's new dice pool etc) and such features should probably be interfaced with feats like Academy Dual Focus.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Q122. What exactly is the "draconic breath weapon racial trait" referred to in the Dragoon's drake powers list? The only breath weapon racial trait I could find doesn't have level scaling like the power's description implies. Is that information sourced from another Lost Spheres book?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q123

What is the action, if any, for a Zodiac to get their constellation back? This is fairly make or break for the Chakram Bird, but can come up with other weapon forms as well.
    Answered on Discord.

Q124

Can I shape armors around my various Champions? Would be quite helpful given some of their armor classes.

Q125

If I did summon armor around the Dog or Horse, etc, would they be proficient in the armor in the same way I automatically am? Would forming it around an allied player be different?

Q126

Duxandus’s Icy Gaze
    Essence For each point of essence invested in this veil the insight bonus to saving throws and the DC to demoralize you with the Intimidate skill increases by +1. In addition, the damage dealt by your ray attack increases by 1d6 and the duration of the speed reduction increases by 1 round. For every two points of essence invested targets affected by your cold ray have their movement reduced by an additional 5 feet.

Chakra Bind (Headband) [G11, N12, R9, V12] Binding this veil to your Headband chakra allows you to encase your enemies in an icy prison. Creatures struck by the ray attack granted by this veil must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw or become entangled; creatures who fail a saving throw against this effect while already entangled become trapped in an icy prison. While a creature is imprisoned in this way it is paralyzed and unconscious but does not need to eat or breathe while the ice lasts. The ice has 20 hit points and Hardness equal to your veilweaving level; destroying the ice frees the creature, which is staggered for 1d4 rounds after being released.

How long are they entangled for? Is it the 1 rounds +1 round per essence? Is there anything they can do to stop being entangled? Is there an escape artist or strength check? What about for the prison? Otherwise it seems like you can just tag someone until they fail two saves and now they're a non-issue.

Q127

Summoning a constellation, is there a range associated, like Close is for Summon Monster? Or am I dropping gargantuan dragons on myself?
    Last edited by YroPro; 2019-12-19 at 03:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YroPro View Post
    Q124

Can I shape armors around my various Champions? Would be quite helpful given some of their armor classes.
    A124) Yes.

Q125

If I did summon armor around the Dog or Horse, etc, would they be proficient in the armor in the same way I automatically am? Would forming it around an allied player be different?
    A125) It must be a type of armor with which the wearer is proficient, so most of the animal companion champions would need to spend a feat on armor proficiency.

Q126
    How long are they entangled for? Is it the 1 rounds +1 round per essence?
    A126) They are entangled for 1 round + 1 per essence; the entangled condition is an upgrade of the slowing effect from the base ability.

Is there anything they can do to stop being entangled? Is there an escape artist or strength check? What about for the prison? Otherwise it seems like you can just tag someone until they fail two saves and now they're a non-issue.
    A126b) There is not a removal condition for the entangled or entrapped conditions. Freezing someone requires you to succeed at two successful attacks with a fixed 60-foot range and the target to fail two Fortitude saves over the course of at least two rounds at a level when core casters have 6th level spells that can remove an enemy from battle (or life) off a single failed save from more than triple the distance (which is fair, since those are limited use and this isn't.)

Q127

Summoning a constellation, is there a range associated, like Close is for Summon Monster? Or am I dropping gargantuan dragons on myself?
    A127) They appear in a space adjacent to you and just like any conjuration effect, cannot appear inside another creature or object, nor can it appear floating in an empty space. It must arrive in an open location on a surface capable of supporting it.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Q128: Are there any Mythic rules elements for veil-weavers (specifically Vizier) floating around out there?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

A127) They appear in a space adjacent to you and just like any conjuration effect, cannot appear inside another creature or object, nor can it appear floating in an empty space. It must arrive in an open location on a surface capable of supporting it.
    Q127b: That doesn't apply to champions that can fly, right?

Q129: The next time y'all do up some veils, could we get some for underwater adventuring? I've been running a partially underwater campaign recently (Ruins of Azlant) and got to thinking about how, if I wanted to make it an akashic-only world, my players would be kinda screwed. Whirlpool Lash (Daevic) and Marid's Sandals (Guru and Nexus) grant a swim speed, and Sea Drake's Talons (Daevic) gives a bonus to Swim checks, but no veil allows a veilweaver to breathe underwater. There is the Equipment form of the Fish Constellation from Zodiac, but I'd rather not have to take a feat or dip in Zodiac if I could just shape a veil instead, you feel me? Maybe a Radiant Vivification as well?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

16. - Top - End - #226

NecromancerGuy

Q 130: Do veil/constellation effects that effectively grant class features count towards satisfying prerequisites? Example: Selective Channeling being taken by a character with access to the Halo of Holy Light's bind effect, or Boon Companion for a character with a veil/constellation that grants an animal companion.
    Last edited by Awun; 2019-12-23 at 02:13 AM.
    "Across the rift of battle, a bridge of gossamer. And for one moment, it holds."

My Blog: Mostly random homebrew stuff, some assorted reviews, and a list of my published works.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q131: Regarding the Great Mind prestige class's Martial Scholar, do you treat just the Great Mind class levels as Practitioner levels? All levels? Or are there no talents gained at all beyond the two or martial tradition mentioned in the entry?

Looking at the way the other Specialties scale with skill ranks, my guess is that it's meant to work off of overall character level.
    Last edited by Von Krieger; 2019-12-22 at 01:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Q132: If you're a multiclassed veilweaver and you get the Improved Essence Capacity class feature, does it apply to all of your receptacles, or just the ones from that class? Say you've got 3 levels of Vizier and 1 level of Radiant, is the capacity of your akashic bond 1 or 2? If the answer 1, ignore the next question.

Q133: If they do apply to all receptacles, do Improved Essence Capacity features stack, or do you only take the best one? Say you've got 9 levels of Radiant (for Imp E +2) and 3 levels of Vizier (for Imp E +1). Is your capacity 6 (3 from level, 2 from Radiant, 1 from Vizier), or 5 (3 from level, 2 from Radiant since it's the highest)?

Q134: Might be a bit of a niche question, but I like to be thorough. Would the answers to either of these questions change in gestalt?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Q132: If you're a multiclassed veilweaver and you get the Improved Essence Capacity class feature, does it apply to all of your receptacles, or just the ones from that class? Say you've got 3 levels of Vizier and 1 level of Radiant, is the capacity of your akashic bond 1 or 2? If the answer 1, ignore the next question.

Q133: If they do apply to all receptacles, do Improved Essence Capacity features stack, or do you only take the best one? Say you've got 9 levels of Radiant (for Imp E +2) and 3 levels of Vizier (for Imp E +1). Is your capacity 6 (3 from level, 2 from Radiant, 1 from Vizier), or 5 (3 from level, 2 from Radiant since it's the highest)?

Q134: Might be a bit of a niche question, but I like to be thorough. Would the answers to either of these questions change in gestalt?
    As far as I have seen, they all stack together, so if you are a Radiant 3 Vizier 3, you have a total capacity of 4 for all essence receptacles.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

A Vizier 3/Radiant 3 is at a net +1 veil shaped over Vizier 6, with an equal amount of essence. What you lose out on is chakra binds as you would only bind to hands at that point. That’s about as far as the advantage goes. Any build going past CL10 is going to start losing out on essence over a straight Radiant or Vizier. Less so for classes like Guru and Nexus, but they also have a lot more class ability scaling in play.

So even if they do stack, it’s not a net advantage over single class.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwand View Post
    Q128: Are there any Mythic rules elements for veil-weavers (specifically Vizier) floating around out there?

A128) Mythic Akasha hasn't released yet, but is in the hopper.

Q127b: That doesn't apply to champions that can fly, right?
    Technically it does, but "air" is a surface capable of supporting a flying creature.

Q129: The next time y'all do up some veils, could we get some for underwater adventuring? I've been running a partially underwater campaign recently (Ruins of Azlant) and got to thinking about how, if I wanted to make it an akashic-only world, my players would be kinda screwed.
    A129) I believe there's some upcoming stuff that includes underwater breathing veils, but I'll verify that with Christen.

Quote Originally Posted by Awun View Post
    Q 130: Do veil/constellation effects that effectively grant class features count towards satisfying prerequisites? Example: Selective Channeling being taken by a character with access to the Halo of Holy Light's bind effect, or Boon Companion for a character with a veil/constellation that grants an animal companion.
    A130) Yes, but just like when qualifying for a Strength prereq by wearing a belt of giant strength, if you don't have the veil shaped or constellation manifested, you no longer qualify for the options that used it as a prereq until you next shape it (or qualify through a different avenue).

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

A132) They apply to your veils and receptacles from all sources, unless the receptacle notes otherwise.

A133) The features stack, so in the example above it would be a total of 6, with 3 from level, 2 from Radiant, and 1 from vizier.

A134) In gestalt you typically take the best version of identical class features, so you'd choose the best Improved Essence Capacity progression from your gestalted classes (for example, a vizier//eclipse would take the vizier's Improved Essence Capacity progression).

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

A128) Mythic Akasha hasn't released yet, but is in the hopper.

Most excellent news! If you can share, what stage of the hopper are mythic musings at? Concept, playtest, layout, printing, somewhere else? Geeze... I feel like a junkie....

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q135

Are things like the Eclipse' Blind supposed to have a saving throw?

Akashic Realms 3 soon?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YroPro View Post
    Q135

Are things like the Eclipse' Blind supposed to have a saving throw?
    A135) You mean the Occular Umbrage enigma? Not beyond what's already defined in the enigma class feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmas
    Enigmas can be used whenever the eclipse makes an attack action or uses a targeted veil ability (any effect from a veil that requires you to select one or more targets for the effect, but not effects that affect an area) against an opponent who is flat-footed, flanked, denied their Dexterity bonus to AC, or who is unaware of the eclipse’s presence. If the weapon or veil attack misses, or if the target succeeds on their save against the veil effect, the effects of the enigma are wasted. If the veil effect grants multiple attack rolls, only one attack roll needs to connect to deliver the enigma's effects. The eclipse can only apply the effects of a single enigma on a given attack action or veil ability activation; if a veil grants multiple attacks against a single target as part of its activation, only one attack benefits from the enigma’s effects.
    So if the veil effect granted a save and the target made that save, it automatically resists the enigma. If the attack action misses, the enigma never takes effect. Since you already need both "sneak attack conditions" and a successful attack action or veil effect (which means you're most likely committing your standard action) for enigmas to activate, they don't require an additional saving throw. Note that Occular Umbrage comes into play 1 level after spellcasters get access to things like hold person, oneiric horror, stinking cloud, etc., which don't require sneak attack conditions, generally have longer range and durations, and are all harder shutdowns (which is appropriate since Occular Umbrage doesn't use limited spell slots).

Akashic Realms 3 soon?
    I believe so. Christen was getting pretty close to completing layout last we spoke, but I think the holidays put things on temporary hold.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Q136: I just had it pointed out to me that Unicorn Feathering says it can only be used on adjacent creatures. Is it intended that the veilweaver cannot use it to heal themself?

Q137: The Snake constellation of the Zodiac class states that it is a longspear that acts as a light weapon for Weapon Finesse and similar abilities. If one were to use the Flexible Forms trait on it, would the new form be selected from light weapons or two-handed weapons?

Q138: Tangentially related, can I wield the Snake in one hand in order to TWF with it? Or would I need something else that actually allows such a thing? I'm just a bit unclear if "and similar abilities" only refers to things that give Dex to attack, or anything that checks for light weapons.
    Last edited by Kris Moonhand; 2020-01-06 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Additional question

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Q136: I just had it pointed out to me that Unicorn Feathering says it can only be used on adjacent creatures. Is it intended that the veilweaver cannot use it to heal themself?
    A136: Yes. The radiant can provide a really significant amount of healing and condition removal, but they themselves are the "weak link" in their own healing circuit with a lot of preventative and defensive measures but with most of their healing focused outward.

Q137: The Snake constellation of the Zodiac class states that it is a longspear that acts as a light weapon for Weapon Finesse and similar abilities. If one were to use the Flexible Forms trait on it, would the new form be selected from light weapons or two-handed weapons?
    A137: It's still a two-handed weapon, it's just treated as light for abilities that specifically require you to be using a light weapon in order to add Dexterity instead of Strength to your attack rolls. I suppose it would also count for an ability that let you use Wisdom instead of Strength when attacking with a light weapon if such a feat existed? It's looking to mechanics that require you to be wielding a light weapon to do the thing they enable, but it doesn't change the category of the weapon for other purposes.

Q138: Tangentially related, can I wield the Snake in one hand in order to TWF with it? Or would I need something else that actually allows such a thing? I'm just a bit unclear if "and similar abilities" only refers to things that give Dex to attack, or anything that checks for light weapons.
    A138) The Snake's handedness and other properties don't change, it just receives benefits that are normally gated to light weapons, so you can't wield it one-handed unless you would normally have the ability to wield a longspear one-handed.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q131: Regarding the Great Mind prestige class's Martial Scholar, do you treat just the Great Mind class levels as Practitioner levels? All levels? Or are there no talents gained at all beyond the two or martial tradition mentioned in the entry?

Looking at the way the other Specialties scale with skill ranks, my guess is that it's meant to work off of overall character level.
    My question got skipped over.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

My question got skipped over.
    Let me ping Christen since I'm not familiar with the Great Mind PrC.

30. - Top - End - #240

NecromancerGuy

A31Looking at the way the other Specialties scale with skill ranks, my guess is that it's meant to work off of overall character level.
    The intention was that any non-Spheres of Might level would become as per the proficient progression off of page 9 in SoM. Effectively your character gets a talent per 2 levels and the bonus talents or tradition. Clarity lost to word count here and we apologize for that. Given the other costs to get into the PrC it probably wouldn't be much an issue with a character if you let the bonus talents count for all levels (including SoM levels) but some GMs might not want to do that.