New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Choir of the Winter Spectres

Elenna, let's get some conversation going.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-01-02 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't like the Elenna wagon. People seem to be voting her for putting a second vote on someone. But, that's the kind of thing you need to do to get the game rolling.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

@Murska eh, I basically always start off with an RNG vote regardless of role. You're probably right that it's not terribly helpful, but early D1 helpfulness is hard and it was 2am my time when I posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    Thank you Rakkoon for your insight, and as such I shall change my vote to the only person I can actually see as vaguely selfish at this time. The vote didn't jibe with me well. Elenna

- - - Updated - - -

So, your saying Elenna there was an event that had roughly a 1 in 250 chance of happening against rakkoon?( As i relied on the same method to send out my first probe) It doesn't seem likely especially not too soon. Or did you randomly decide among the three different votes?
    No, I did random among everyone (except myself obviously). But like Ryast pointed out, two random votes landing on the same person is actually not that uncommon. Regardless of who you picked, I had a 1/16 chance of picking the same person.

Statistics aside, I can't exactly prove that I was choosing randomly. But "she voted for the some person as someone else" is an odd reason to vote for me. Someone had to do it eventually, or else we'd just have a bunch of ties and very little information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryast View Post
    I can’t actually post links yet, but i’m in a game in the forum games section of Hypixel forums. Username is Ryast there too.

Bit embarrassed about the actual forum, but I’ve been playing there for 4 years now?
    For whatever reason, posts in the play-by-post section of these forums don't add to your post count. If you want, you can find a topic elsewhere on the forum and post there (can't remember if the threshold for posting links is one post or five). Or you can just live with not posting links or images. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Elenna, let's get some conversation going.
    Want to elaborate on why you picked me? Thoughts and reasoning produce more conversation than just a vote.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-01-02 at 03:00 AM. Reason: typo
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

I'm kind of okay with the Elenna wagon for now. Would like to hear from Elenna a couple things: Are you a villager? Who among us do you think is not, and why?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm kind of okay with the Elenna wagon for now. Would like to hear from Elenna a couple things: Are you a villager? Who among us do you think is not, and why?
    ...yes, I'm a villager, but I'd say that regardless, so I'm t sure why you're asking?

Don't have a ton of reads yet, but I'm not a fan of flat_footed claiming that a reasonless vote would inspire conversation. Could be a wolf trying to look helpful maybe?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Also, is there a way to tag people? Looks like half our players are hiding.
    Actually, only four people haven’t made a lunch vote yet for this day: Duck999, Basket if Puppies, Super345 and GrayDeath. The first two I am not that worried about because they have a reputation for playing here and I haven’t heard of them backing out of a game without warning. The last two, I am not quite sure if they will come back.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    ...yes, I'm a villager, but I'd say that regardless, so I'm t sure why you're asking?

Don't have a ton of reads yet, but I'm not a fan of flat_footed claiming that a reasonless vote would inspire conversation. Could be a wolf trying to look helpful maybe?
    Fair call. Flat_footed, since you wanted conversation, let's converse. What do you think of the players who've been active so far, and how would you be acting differently if you were in fact a wolf in some hypothetical alternate universe?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #68

EvilClericGuy

No, I did random among everyone (except myself obviously). But like Ryast pointed out, two random votes landing on the same person is actually not that uncommon. Regardless of who you picked, I had a 1/16 chance of picking the same person.

Statistics aside, I can't exactly prove that I was choosing randomly. But "she voted for the some person as someone else" is an odd reason to vote for me. Someone had to do it eventually, or else we'd just have a bunch of ties and very little information.
    The problem is yes they are two statistically unrelated events, but the overall probability of that specific thing happening is unlikely enough that it seemed incredible to me. that, and there just isn't enough information to vote for someone, because of very little logic, and so I have to vote for someone due to gut instincts, and unlike rakkoon my gut, (which has been an irrational part of me, and is admittedly quite often wrong caused me to think that you were a wolf.) So, I apologize I am not changing my vote, but I do hope if you aren't a wolf that you are exonerated of any misgivings due to future information revealed today, or a Chinese fire drill.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Elenna brings up good points. Flat_footed? what do you have to say?
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2019-01-02 at 07:04 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

10. - Top - End - #70

Your random vote was also the first wagon by being the second vote for Rakoon. When votes for you started popping up, there hadn't been any response on your end, so I added some more pressure. Plus Murska listing you in the wolfy column helped solidify suspicion to actual voting. And look! Mission Accomplished. I hope this helps to elaborate there was more behind the vote than just a passing fancy.

However, as you definitely added to the conversation, I'll strike my vote for you at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair call. Flat_footed, since you wanted conversation, let's converse. What do you think of the players who've been active so far, and how would you be acting differently if you were in fact a wolf in some hypothetical alternate universe?
    Well, I'm looking at the conversation that's going back and forth. Some on topic, some way of topic. Tanar seems to be spending a decent amount of time defending Elenna. The only people with any information right now are the wolves, and what could be more towny than defending a villager?

It looks like we're not talking about Elenna any more, so let's talk about Tanar Aerdoth.

And if I were a wolf, I would have given some easy to agree with reasoning for another vote against Elenna. Day 1 is so easy to throw out votes like they're nothing, but I chose to make a conscious vote to stir the pot.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post

Lynch Votes for Day 1

Tanar Aerdoth: III, by Durzan, Lady Tialait and Flatfooted
    Xihirli: I, by Ramsus
    Rakkoon: I, by Tanar Aerdoth
    Duck999: II, by Kgato and Meta
    Elenna: II, by Rakkoon and Extrail
    Extrail: I, by Xihirli
    Lady Tialait: I, by Ryast
    Flatfooted: II, by Elenna and Murska

Tanar Aerdoth is loaded into the chopping block.
    I think Lady's most recent vote should be on me, not Tanar.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Lady's votes are really opportunistic imo, they've hopped onto a top wagon twice now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lady's votes are really opportunistic imo, they've hopped onto a top wagon twice now.
    What can I say? I am easily influenced.

Tell you what Ryast, tell me who to vote for.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2019-01-02 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more inforamtion

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    What can I say? I am easily influenced.

Tell you what Ryast, tell me who to vote for.
    I mean, currently my only scum read is you, so
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I think Lady's most recent vote should be on me, not Tanar.
    Oh yes that’s right, I forgot about her older vote because she didn’t cross it out. I will mark that.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

16. - Top - End - #76

Well, I'm looking at the conversation that's going back and forth. Some on topic, some way of topic. Tanar seems to be spending a decent amount of time defending Elenna. The only people with any information right now are the wolves, and what could be more towny than defending a villager?

It looks like we're not talking about Elenna any more, so let's talk about Tanar Aerdoth.
    I think I only defended her once. That's not "a decent amount of time".

Since my vote for rakkoon isn't going anywhere, and we're getting towards the end of the day, I will move my vote. I like the way flat_footed is playing, and I've already explained why I don't like the Elenna wagon, I will join the vote for Lady Tialait.

Lady Tialait, do you have any opinions of your own on any other players?
    Last edited by Tris; 2019-01-02 at 09:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

What information could we have? Random voting patterns? If we didn't have to lynch someone it would be the best move till we could get at least a little information.

But, I guess if I was to make any opinion it would be that Ryast is jumping on me for odd reasons, and Tanar Aerdoth seems wolfy to me, but it's more a gut feeling then anything.

18. - Top - End - #78

I think few people make their vote truly randomly. While day 1 does have the least information, there's always something.

Perhaps we can add to that something as well. With 6 hours left, Tanar has just enough time to claim if we need to shift lynch at the last moment. What say you Tanar?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I think I only defended her once. That's not "a decent amount of time".

Since my vote for rakkoon isn't going anywhere, and we're getting towards the end of the day, I will move my vote. I like the way flat_footed is playing, and I've already explained why I don't like the Elenna wagon, I will join the vote for Lady Tialait.

Lady Tialait, do you have any opinions of your own on any other players?
    It was due to your first vote on Rakoon for voting for Elenna, then your direct defense of her.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I think few people make their vote truly randomly. While day 1 does have the least information, there's always something.
    Then what do you make of that information? Your vote is still on someone who hasn't even spoken.

It was due to your first vote on Rakoon for voting for Elenna, then your direct defense of her.
    I guess you could see that as a defense. Mostly, I was voting there not because I thought Elenna was town, but because Rakkoon seemed a bit to reactive to having 2 votes on him.

21. - Top - End - #81

Well, in the interest of not getting lynched, Duck999.
    Last edited by Tris; 2019-01-02 at 11:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm fine with a Duck lynch if nothing else comes up, especially since they haven't posted.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. - Top - End - #83

Is that because you think I'm a villager? It feels weird that you're indirectly siding with me without actually saying anything about me.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    Is that because you think I'm a villager? It feels weird that you're indirectly siding with me without actually saying anything about me.
    I'm scum reading Tialat and they're voting you, the other candidate is Duck so I'm just saying I'm ok with that
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I have retracted my vote for Duck999. I looked back and realized that they said that they would be "away from December 24th until January 2nd"...They may legitimately may not even know the game has started ... My bad .

Edit 1: I will go ahead and join the Tanar Aerdoth wagon. Something seems a bit off here. I find it interesting that you have changed your vote the most number of times today (you have voted for 4 different players at different times, although I will grant that the last is an obvious attempt to save yourself, and may not be indicative of greater trends). Care to comment?

Edit 2: Clarification: When I said "Something seems a bit off here," I was referring to Tanar Aerdoth's actions and behavior. I will freely admit to part of this being a gut feeling, coupled with her voting trends. I should be checking the game at least once more before end of D1, so a good argument could get me to change my vote.

And Duck999: Sorry about voting for you. I chose a random player hoping to get them to talk, completely forgetting that you were away ...And I don't think I was the only one to forget. While it is still completely valid to kill you, I refuse to kill a player who wants to play, but has not had a chance to play (at least, not one that gave us fair warning).
    Last edited by kgato503; 2019-01-02 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Addition of vote and information

26. - Top - End - #86

I actually tend to change my vote a lot in these games.

Well, I guess I have to go with Elenna now.

That's five votes I've done now.
    Last edited by Tris; 2019-01-02 at 11:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Well, get those Wendigoes for me. I'll be in the ghost thread I guess. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

The vote count does not have Lady Tialait's vote.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm suspicious of Meta. Seems to be hanging back without actually making any stances.
    Last edited by Tris; 2019-01-03 at 12:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Halfling in the Playground

Sorry about my absence, I lost my phone and just found it.

@Ryast: my pronouns are they/them, not he/him

I don’t like voting for inactive players, since they’re gonna AL if they don’t post anyways, so it’s a waste of a lynch.

Lady Tialat has been throwing around votes and then immediately retracting them. Seems like a wolf trying to make noise to me.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-01-03 at 02:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

We're past the deadline. Do votes made past that point count if they happen before Requilac comes on?

- - - Updated - - -

If that's the case, I'd switch back to Lady Tialait if there were 2 others who would as well because that's what would be needed to overcome the 4 votes on me, but that seems unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Lady Tialat has been throwing around votes and then immediately retracting them. Seems like a wolf trying to make noise to me.
    Why would a wolf want to make noise? Doesn't that draw attention?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'm going to bed now, so I can't change my vote after now. Goodnight!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Sorry about my absence, I lost my phone and just found it.

@Ryast: my pronouns are they/them, not he/him

I don’t like voting for inactive players, since they’re gonna AL if they don’t post anyways, so it’s a waste of a lynch.

Got it, will call you that from now on. My bad.

What is AL?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯