New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Peelee's Chicken Fried Random Banter Thread #220

Well everyone this is my chess game that I face with another player at Myth-Weavers. I was black and I lost the game. So what do you think?

1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. b3 Nf6
    4. Nc3 Bd6
    5. Bc4 0-0
    6. Bb2 Na5
    7. Be2 Nc6
    8. d3 Nd4
    9. a3 NxNf3+
    10. BxNf3 a6
    11. Qd2 Qe7
    12. b4 c6
    13. Ne2 b5
    14. c4 bxc4
    15. dxc4 Bc7
    16. c5 d6
    17. cxd6 Qxd6
    18. Qxd6 Bxd6
    19. Rd1 Bc7
    20. 0-0 a5
    21. Bc3 axb4
    22. Bxb4 Rd8
    23. Rxd8+ Bxd8
    24. g3 h6
    25. Bg2 Bc7
    26. h4 Ba6
    27. Re1 Ng4
    28. Bh3 Nf6
    29. Nc3 Rd8
    30. Be7 Rd3
    31. Bf1 Rxc3
    32. Bxa6 Ng4
    33. Bc8 Nxf2
    34. Kxf2 Bb6+
    35. Kg2 Rc2+
    36. Kh3 c5
    37. Bd6 f6
    38. Be6+ Kh7
    39. Rb1 Ba7
    40. Rb7 Kg6
    41. Bf5+ Kh5
    42. g4++

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The bolded portions are related.
    wow how did I miss that. Now I feel dumb.

Not as dumb as the million people who explained it after you, but like...thanks still! That was really nice, I read the Tome of Foes and did not even remotely notice the space hippo colonial. What a strange thing, that is.

But yes, thank you.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well everyone this is my chess game that I face with another player at Myth-Weavers. I was black and I lost the game. So what do you think?

*numbers*
    I think you were playing very evenly right up until 32-33, when you decided to be aggressive with your remaining knight and ended up trading it for a pawn. Then 36 & 37 were two rough pawn moves in a row. 36 (c5) blocked your bishop's diagonal, leaving it with only a weak move like a7 when the rook pressured it. Then 37 (f6) opened up your king to being attacked by that white-square bishop, which ultimately led to checkmate.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...Not as dumb as the million people who explained it after you, but like....

If needlessly bloviating about Dungeons & Dragons is wrong, I don't want to be right!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    On a related note, I would like to thank the thread for introducing me to the Giff, who shall henceforth be shoehorned into all of my campaigns. Including the researched realistic historical ones. Especially those ones.
    You never played the Wizardry series, I guess? The Umpani and their arch-nemesis, the spider-like TīRang, battle across the galaxy and outposts of both races can be found nearly everywhere. Oh, the first time you get that Walri Blade or Blunderbuss..

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I think you were playing very evenly right up until 32-33, when you decided to be aggressive with your remaining knight and ended up trading it for a pawn. Then 36 & 37 were two rough pawn moves in a row. 36 (c5) blocked your bishop's diagonal, leaving it with only a weak move like a7 when the rook pressured it. Then 37 (f6) opened up your king to being attacked by that white-square bishop, which ultimately led to checkmate.
    Yeah I should have been a bit more methodical with my plan. But it was a good game.

7. - Top - End - #127

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    You never played the Wizardry series, I guess? The Umpani and their arch-nemesis, the spider-like TīRang, battle across the galaxy and outposts of both races can be found nearly everywhere. Oh, the first time you get that Walri Blade or Blunderbuss..
    In my defence, only one of the non-Japan-exclusive Wizardry games was published during my lifetime.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Many thanks. Though, this isn't the birthday thread, so, probably don't want to clutter this place up with messages to that regard under risk of being whacked with a mod's virtual newspaper.

(I do appreciate it all, though. Given that it turns out that, whoops, there was actually no family dinner tonight, and evetryone's just coming over for Christmas instead. And there was in fact no dinner at all. Dad and step-mom just had leftovers from their lunch, which left me having to walk out 20 minutes to the nearest fast food place to grab some dinner. Thankfully I wasn't all that hungry. Happy birthday to me, I guess. )
    In the days of yore we used to create entire threads just to celebrate the birthdays of our friends, you're still deep within safe territory.

And on that note, belated happy birthday!

ION:
    My laptop fan is about to seize up, so the entire thing is vibrating and making a lot of noise. Sadly, I really doubt I can get a replacement before Christmas, when we're heading up to Ancestral Farm for the traditional Christmas celebrations with my cousins. Let's hope it'll survive at least another week, I've promised myself many hours of Stellaris during my holidays, and merely the thought of having to spend the entire holidays without a computer is somewhat terrifying.

IOON:
    A person in my train wagon is talking ceaselessly into their phone. Is there even a person at the other end? How is it possible to talk so much without stopping for a response? How can you stand being on the other end of such a monologue??
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The other person is likely zoned out and just responding with grunts and uhhuhs at appropriate times. I know I can listen for about 5 minutes before I stop hearing the words and only hear the cadence, but if they are describing something mechanical like a new gun, car, or the like I just let them go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Why don't able sighted people ever consider the fact that glasses and rain don't mix well. Had to wait for a new bus because the driver didn't update guys destination until right at the end, so halfway through my journey I was waiting outside in the London rain. The bus shelter was filled almost entirely with the able sighted, and it was the glasses wearers getting wet
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Why don't able sighted people ever consider the fact that glasses and rain don't mix well. Had to wait for a new bus because the driver didn't update guys destination until right at the end, so halfway through my journey I was waiting outside in the London rain. The bus shelter was filled almost entirely with the able sighted, and it was the glasses wearers getting wet
    How come you glasses wearers don't consider that some people have both a good and a bad eye, and only require a monacle? MONO EYE PEOPLE RISE UP, I SAY!

For reals, though, I got a near-sighted eye and a far-sighted eye. My glasses had a super strong prescription lens and basically a normal glass lens. Loved when people tried to put them on, gave them a headache within seconds. Never got old. I could legit wear a monacle.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    How come you glasses wearers don't consider that some people have both a good and a bad eye, and only require a monacle? MONO EYE PEOPLE RISE UP, I SAY!

For reals, though, I got a near-sighted eye and a far-sighted eye. My glasses had a super strong prescription lens and basically a normal glass lens. Loved when people tried to put them on, gave them a headache within seconds. Never got old. I could legit wear a monacle.
    I'm in the same rough situation, one eye is practically perfect the other suffers from a host of problems including longsightedness and not lining up with my other eye (seriously, I hate it, I always look like I'm looking off to one side).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    On a related note, I would like to thank the thread for introducing me to the Giff, who shall henceforth be shoehorned into all of my campaigns. Including the researched realistic historical ones. Especially those ones.
    humm, obviously someone forgot the first rule of D and D: don't give the DM any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I'm in the same rough situation, one eye is practically perfect the other suffers from a host of problems including longsightedness and not lining up with my other eye (seriously, I hate it, I always look like I'm looking off to one side).
    before I had lens replacement surgery for cataracts [for the left eye at first] at age 45, I had one eye near sighted, the other far sighted. I too had fun watching people put my glasses on, and you're right: It NEVER got old watching them!
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    The other person is likely zoned out and just responding with grunts and uhhuhs at appropriate times. I know I can listen for about 5 minutes before I stop hearing the words and only hear the cadence, but if they are describing something mechanical like a new gun, car, or the like I just let them go for it.
    I sometime entertain myself with imagining what the person on the other end is doing and I have to admit, I came up with some really hilarious scenarios that just cracked me up!

Side employment:

sig thread is here

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Weird stuff is happening lately. For whatever reason, "people in the know" have started to take me seriously and we don't only have a beer and a nice political discussion, things are running on a very concrete level: Who owns whom, how are the cash flows structured, which clan is involved on what level, so on.

Two things worry me about that:
    1) Iīve been given a very through introduction to the criminal underbelly of my home town. Dealers are actually the small fry here, financiers and enforcers are the real thing.
    2) Iīm an active member of the political far left party, aiming towards a political post, the guys who have taken me under "their wing" because they like and respect me are neonazis, Hellīs Angels and such.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Colossus in the Playground

I agree with the spam bot, for once.

17. - Top - End - #137

Not as dumb as the million people who explained it after you, but like...thanks still!
    Does rudeness come naturally to you, or are you doing it intentionally?

Either way, could you please stop it?

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by the_brazenburn View Post

To be fair, the spambot comment was in response to an actual spammer who's posts have been deleted.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-12-21 at 03:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    I sometime entertain myself with imagining what the person on the other end is doing and I have to admit, I came up with some really hilarious scenarios that just cracked me up!
    I want to crack up, tell me some! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Can't go into too much of the details because of forum rules (And I'm already on wobbly legs there)

Imagine that: Ive got a military background, went to war and had contact with some secret services after that, domestic as well as foreign. (Field medic Lieutenant, if that tells you something, cross-training in HUMINT, contacted my the Mossad)

Now imagine you meet some guys with the same background (The same war, not the same field), which is definitely uncommon for Germany, you make it a habit of going for a Döner Kebab, some beers and hot political debates, because you're on the other side of the fence, when it comes to that.

Some months later, two things happen more or less at once, out of the blue, some of the guys tell you which position they have or had in the neonazi landscape or the associated biker gangs, while at the same time giving me a full rundown on the who is who of the criminal underworld and how the whole lines go. It manages to get darker at this point. Once you're into slavery and killing, there's no turning back.

Thing is, I knew all of that (in a concrete or abstract way), when opening shop here, but its never went to to the point that I deem outside my business, if you catch my drift.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

No, no it doesn't.

ION:
    Quite unexpectedly, my new laptop fan arrived today. Turns out Asus official European spare parts vendor have their warehouse here in Sweden, so shipment was quite expedient despite (or maybe even thanks to) all the Christmas packages out there in the postal system. Two hours of work with somewhat inadequate tools and a few seemingly hopeless moments, and now my computer runs as silen as a windless night without. I didn't snap anything important and I didn't accidently deal any ESD damage frying the whole thing, so I'm counting this as a great success. There should hopefully be another pair of years left to squeeze out of this computer now.

Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Quite unexpectedly, my new laptop fan arrived today. Turns out Asus official European spare parts vendor have their warehouse here in Sweden, so shipment was quite expedient despite (or maybe even thanks to) all the Christmas packages out there in the postal system. Two hours of work with somewhat inadequate tools and a few seemingly hopeless moments, and now my computer runs as silen as a windless night without. I didn't snap anything important and I didn't accidently deal any ESD damage frying the whole thing, so I'm counting this as a great success. There should hopefully be another pair of years left to squeeze out of this computer now.
    Hooray for unexpectedly quick delivery!

While it has nothing to do with your story except for getting things delivered to Sweden, I recently learned how my mother solved a mildly ridiculous problem. My family keeps in kind of half-hearted touch with our relatives back in Sweden, mostly sending cards once a year or so. Anyway, mom couldn't parse the address on the last card from her cousin. It's unclear which things are letters and which are numbers in a few places, partially because cursive is hard to read and partially because we have no idea what Swedish addresses are supposed to look like to start with. She eventually photocopied his confusing address from the last card he sent, taped it to the letter she wanted to send, and is hoping for the best. We'll see if it gets there.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Weird stuff is happening lately. For whatever reason, "people in the know" have started to take me seriously and we don't only have a beer and a nice political discussion, things are running on a very concrete level: Who owns whom, how are the cash flows structured, which clan is involved on what level, so on.

Two things worry me about that:
    1) Iīve been given a very through introduction to the criminal underbelly of my home town. Dealers are actually the small fry here, financiers and enforcers are the real thing.
    2) Iīm an active member of the political far left party, aiming towards a political post, the guys who have taken me under "their wing" because they like and respect me are neonazis, Hellīs Angels and such.
    that sounds very not good.

on enworld, you need to post like 3 times in the greetings thread before posting anywhere else. I greet the new folks like I am a self aware bot. Their internet guru, darjr, once popped on and said he does not remember activating me. i tolld him I have been waiting for him to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I want to crack up, tell me some! :)
    Image if you will, some goofball prattling on about office gossip, the other person on the other end is sitting there miming him the whole time in exaggerating dramatic poses.

or the other person hears the voice of the yackity yak, takes the fon and puts it on the end table and goes to sleep.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    Hooray for unexpectedly quick delivery!

While it has nothing to do with your story except for getting things delivered to Sweden, I recently learned how my mother solved a mildly ridiculous problem. My family keeps in kind of half-hearted touch with our relatives back in Sweden, mostly sending cards once a year or so. Anyway, mom couldn't parse the address on the last card from her cousin. It's unclear which things are letters and which are numbers in a few places, partially because cursive is hard to read and partially because we have no idea what Swedish addresses are supposed to look like to start with. She eventually photocopied his confusing address from the last card he sent, taped it to the letter she wanted to send, and is hoping for the best. We'll see if it gets there.
    Swedish address formats are google-able (and you can always attempt inputting it into mapping software of your choice and see what pops out), but yeah, here's hoping for the best! Modern optical character recognition is pretty amazingly good if done right, so your chances aren't bad.

on enworld, you need to post like 3 times in the greetings thread before posting anywhere else. I greet the new folks like I am a self aware bot. Their internet guru, darjr, once popped on and said he does not remember activating me. i tolld him I have been waiting for him to show.
    Hahaha, that's glorious!

Image if you will, some goofball prattling on about office gossip, the other person on the other end is sitting there miming him the whole time in exaggerating dramatic poses.

or the other person hears the voice of the yackity yak, takes the fon and puts it on the end table and goes to sleep.
    In this specific case, they were actually discussing political manifestations and exposure. It wasn't even politics I disagree with, it's just that they were loud, never stopped talking, and their voice was just sharp enough to go straight through my noise cancelling headphones. At one point their call cut out without warning, and there was a slight snicker of amusement rustling over my co-passengers as the caller went into the stereotypical "Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" routine.

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

that sounds very not good.
    No, it doesn't.

Talking about it here makes me realize why that is so disturbing to me.

Anecdotally, there was a Netflix series I really enjoyed the first two seasons of: Banshee - Small Town, Big Secrets.

My home town has around 45K residents and is the northern gateway to the metropolis of Berlin.
    I run for a council seat (for my political party), so I know that the overall situation is not that shiny, but getting first-hand experience on how deep the rot really goes is more than disturbing.
    The "rot" goes two ways in this case: Itīs hard for me to accept and understand that the fall of the former UdSSR caused so many in my generation to cling to the Neonazi banner just to have something of common identity. The other thing is probably something anyone in a liberal country has to face: The truth that we canīt stop crime. Might as well legalize some of the stuff and gain taxes from it, for the common good.

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I recently learned how my mother solved a mildly ridiculous problem. My family keeps in kind of half-hearted touch with our relatives back in Sweden, mostly sending cards once a year or so. Anyway, mom couldn't parse the address on the last card from her cousin. It's unclear which things are letters and which are numbers in a few places, partially because cursive is hard to read and partially because we have no idea what Swedish addresses are supposed to look like to start with. She eventually photocopied his confusing address from the last card he sent, taped it to the letter she wanted to send, and is hoping for the best. We'll see if it gets there.
    In this day and age? You know, when you can use stuff like google maps to find out an address format? Madame, be ashamed, as a teacher, for not being able to handle cursive script, as a person way below retirement age, for not being able to handle google.
    Last edited by Florian; 2018-12-21 at 07:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

In speculative defense of Algeh, I have seen some very bad penmanship in cursive and it could be considered unreadable. Atroshish[sp?] Atrocious, even.
    Last edited by Insane Jeenyus; 2018-12-22 at 08:58 AM.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

27. - Top - End - #147

But is that a polite way to tell someone that you think they're being rude? How deep does the rudeness rabbit hole theoretically go?!?!?

Atroshish[sp?]
    "Atrocious."
    (Which, incidentally, would put it a couple of steps above my handwriting)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #148

We had one of the busiest days we've ever had at work. I w almost falling asleep while walking with the wife after, but not in fully alert again. The body is weird

29. - Top - End - #149
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. b3 Nf6
    4. Nc3 Bd6

This is weird at best. You're setting your dark squared bishop to passively defend a pawn which is already defended, and blocking your d-pawn which both makes it harder for you to contest the centre and removes the most obvious route for your other bishop to enter the game. Your bishops continue to be problem pieces for quite a while.

5. Bc4 0-0
    6. Bb2 Na5
    7. Be2 Nc6
    8. d3 Nd4
    9. a3 Nxf3+

There was no particular need for you to resolve the tension here. This exchange doesn't particularly benefit you, and it calls into question the value of all the moves you've made with that knight just to reach this lacklustre conclusion.

10. Bxf3 a6
    11. Qd2 Qe7
    12. b4 c6
    13. Ne2 b5
    14. c4 bxc4

Your light squared bishop continues to cry itself to sleep at nights. You could have activated it via c6-Bc7-d6/d5 or a6-b5-Bb7, but playing a6-b5 *and* c6 leaves it still stuck. To cap it off, once again this exchange doesn't benefit you - in fact opening the d-file rather benefits white who can line up major pieces on it to keep you restricted. That said, if you leave it be c5 is coming, so really here I would say you should play c5 yourself. If white exchanges on b5 the a-file is opened for your rook, if bxc5 Bxc5 your bishop gets more active, and either way you can develop your other bishop with Bb7 as I mentioned.

15. dxc4 Bc7
    16. c5 d6

This is correct since if you wait for Rd1 you'll just be stuck, however it's a painful move to have to make, because that isolated c-pawn on the semi-open file will be a serious liability.

17. cxd6 Qxd6
    18. Qxd6 Bxd6
    19. Rd1 Bc7

Here white could probably have done better by aiming at the aforementioned weak c-pawn, and it may have made sense to just play Ke2 rather than castling to get the other rook involved.

20. 0-0 a5
    21. Bc3 axb4
    22. Bxb4 Rd8
    23. Rxd8+ Bxd8
    24. g3 h6
    25. Bg2 Bc7
    26. h4 Ba6
    27. Re1 Ng4
    28. Bh3 Nf6

Here you're finally getting some active play. Your light squared bishop has entered the game at last, and you're taking aim at the vulnerable f2 square which makes sense.

29. Nc3 Rd8
    30. Be7 Rd3
    31. Bf1 Rxc3
    32. Bxa6 Ng4
    33. Bc8 Nxf2

And here's where you throw it away. The sacrifice doesn't work, but you might have been able to get something out of this if you simply ganged up on the pawn with Bb6 and/or Rc2. Your pieces are much better now they're active.

34. Kxf2 Bb6+
    35. Kg2 Rc2+
    36. Kh3 c5

This was the last straw. If you do go sacrifice material, you need something to compensate for the material disadvantage - usually, and certainly in the case of an attack, piece activity, possibly against a vulnerable enemy king. Closing off your bishop's strong diagonal which gave it access to the king neuters your own attack and ensures you have no real compensation. On the other hand, you may have had a decent option in Bf2 and Rc3.
    The rest of the game doesn't really require any comment.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Did I ever mention that I hate working shifts? Itīs not the work per se, but my week of late shift is over and this is the second day that I'm still automatically wide awake at 3 in the morning. Can't adapt my inner clock so fast, it seems. Makes me grumpy as hell.

Anyways, musing a bit about beer. Keep in mind that I'm in Germany, so the damn Reinheitsgebot gets in the way of being creative with ingredients and I'm lacking experience with handling some things.

That said, itīs winter. Ok, no snow, at least not where I live, but damn cold. Traditionally, we go for a Winterbock or Winterdoppelbock (Very malty, double or tripple strength beer), but we brewers only keep up with that tradition to keep it alive, as weīre making a solid minus with the product (It takes too long. Between 6 to 9 month in the tank, you could have produced 6x to 9x the same amount in, say, IPA, but you only get around the same price as double an IPA on the market).

So, musing a bit. Chocolate chai tea has always been sorta-kinda soul food in winter, at least for me. I know that chocolate actually works well in beer, stuff like Stone Xocoveza is actually pretty cool, but I now want to try my hands at something like a chai-flavored beer. Now I'm wondering a bit. The stout/porter direction would seem to be a natural fit, maybe too good at that. I'm rather thinking about the direction of a dark wheat beer and using either a belgian season or a neutral yeast instead of the traditional banana-tasting bavarian yeast. I'm a bit torn when it comes to hops, tho. Ginger and cinnamon cover the spicy, citrus and earthy range, bitter hops only is a bit boring, so I think an even mix of french Strisselspalt and czech Saaz for a more flowery and herbal touch seems ok, especially when using the Strissel for dry hopping. The question is, add milk sugar or not?

Ah, well, just brewed me some chai, got me a bottle of the muscavada rum we just made, hope tha helps me sleep.