New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [M&M-2ed] New to the System (GM)

I'm new to M&M and, though I've read the 2nd Ed book cover-to-cover, I'm not quite sure where to begin with, like, anything.

Is there a good resource for beginners? I've checked Youtube, but everything is either a review, uses expanded source books, or is the wrong edition.

Spoiler: Campaign Info
    Show
    I'm wanting to GM a game of "real world" deities and folk heroes who are bounding through time and creation to help each other create and fulfill each others lore. So far the PCs are Erlang Shen, Dionysus and Aine.

We'd be starting at a low power level and, as the characters gain followers/notoriety, they'll go up in power. We'd start with "Monster of the Week" things, because my group are all new to table-top RPGs in general, and a full blown campaign may be more than they'd want.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M-2ed] New to the System (GM)

I would suggest Hero Lab, it's a great character manager program. Does both 2nd and 3rd edition of the game. I'd also suggest going to the third edition of the game....way more options than second and way more resources for it.