The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    I'll go along with their plan for lack of a better one.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind the Computer
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Awesome! I had Love pick up the Going Viral Propaganda technique so that Longshot's advertisements go viral. No one shall escape the memes. Love: "Mwhahaha!"
    "What happened? You get tired of feeling blue so you tried feeling Grey?"

    I find it strangely fitting that Love is a meme master now. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

    By the way, we broke fifty pages on the OOC. Anyone have any new name suggestions?

    Nerves of Steel Hammer?

  3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "What happened? You get tired of feeling blue so you tried feeling Grey?"

    I find it strangely fitting that Love is a meme master now. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

    By the way, we broke fifty pages on the OOC. Anyone have any new name suggestions?

    Nerves of Steel Hammer?


    About a 9 outta 19; Success with 10 margins. The memes are good but not critical good. Love is wishing Longshot's endeavors well!

    Nerves of Steel Hammer is good!

    "Commander! Commander! Commander!"

    -------

    The armor's have neural interfaces and are all dandy. I was thinking about the outta-armor collars. Would we want equipment installed in them? Of course, stylized/disguised to personal preference. We could have them take the role of our current phones? Strong computers and a strong communicator.

    Neural Induction; 1.30lbs
    Tiny Computer .02 lbs or Small Computer .21lbs (Maybe .1lbs)
    Any type of Micro Communicators (Neg weight)
    Tiny .02 lbs (1-mile) or Small .21lbs (10-mile) Radio
    Max: 1.72 lbs; Min: 1.3 lbs

    Magic jewelry. I was thinking about a larger item to house a bunch of sub-components. A chain (made out of chain links) or a bracelet (with jewels)? What would be the preferred jewelry?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-02 at 03:07 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #1474
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Are we having concerns with our knightly friends?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Yep. This military base got attack and their commander kidnapped. That requires resources.

  6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    In their defense, the attack happened BEFORE the knights arrived. The Vedinian military was overconfident. Now, they're panicked.

  7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind the Computer
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    About a 9 outta 19; Success with 10 margins. The memes are good but not critical good. Love is wishing Longshot's endeavors well!

    -------

    Magic jewelry. I was thinking about a larger item to house a bunch of sub-components. A chain (made out of chain links) or a bracelet (with jewels)? What would be the preferred jewelry?
    It's still much better than LS could have rolled, so I'll take a success by 10. That's a good result.

    I'm fine with starting to port phone functions to our magical jewelry. Chain links seem trendy so maybe that's the route to go?

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Are we having concerns with our knightly friends?
    Longshot gonna Longshot.

    He trusts the knights, that's not an issue. Buuuut he'd also like some safeguards in case he shouldn't have trusted the knights.

  8. - Top - End - #1478
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    In their defense, the attack happened BEFORE the knights arrived. The Vedinian military was overconfident. Now, they're panicked.
    Pfft, if they had a defense, they would of repelled the attack. XD


    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot
    Longshot gonna Longshot.
    I suppose that's fair. So what are we to do? Grab gear first and then make a Plan B?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    I'm fine with starting to port phone functions to our magical jewelry. Chain links seem trendy so maybe that's the route to go?
    Phone stuff was for the neural collars. I've got no problems with chains or jewels. Other ideas are welcome as well. Like a bracelet with trinkets? The jewerly might be one of those items that's best personalized instead of trying to go standard. So, Longshot picks his own design or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    Longshot gonna Longshot.

    He trusts the knights, that's not an issue. Buuuut he'd also like some safeguards in case he shouldn't have trusted the knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Pfft, if they had a defense, they would of repelled the attack. XD

    I suppose that's fair. So what are we to do? Grab gear first and then make a Plan B?
    Yeah. Love trusts people. Security is her job though. Her job is to check out everything. She probably checks people she trusts more to fight against her inherent bias

    I think Love's plan is to get to get some more information so she can make a more effective plan. So, that'll probably happen at the island? Love wants to check out those caves.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-03 at 02:15 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #1480
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Yeah. Love trusts people. Security is her job though. Her job is to check out everything. She probably checks people she trusts more to fight against her inherent bias

    I think Love's plan is to get to get some more information so she can make a more effective plan. So, that'll probably happen at the island? Love wants to check out those caves.
    Considering she bugged Rose's apartment, there's some inherent paranoia in Love's operations with everyone she trusts.

    Doesn't seem like there's a lot of info to be had until we get to the island.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  11. - Top - End - #1481
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    I'm surprised that Steel Hammer has already made it to the title suggestions. Must have made a good impression, comrades!

    Is "Nerves of Steel (Hammer)" good for everyone, then?

  12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind the Computer
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I suppose that's fair. So what are we to do? Grab gear first and then make a Plan B?
    My view is to assume the best, be a good guest, and follow the outlined plan. If something comes up during our review of the records/security that creates a red flag, then we start making waves.

    In other words: 'Trust, but verify so that we can trust.'

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Phone stuff was for the neural collars. I've got no problems with chains or jewels. Other ideas are welcome as well. Like a bracelet with trinkets? The jewerly might be one of those items that's best personalized instead of trying to go standard. So, Longshot picks his own design or something.
    I'm not entirely familiar with the rules you're using so I'm at a disadvantage. A bracelet might be the better option, however? It seems a little more sturdier than a necklace, a little harder to steal, etc.

    Of course, if you want to go the full disguise route to hide what it is, you could just make us all magical dog tags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Yeah. Love trusts people. Security is her job though. Her job is to check out everything. She probably checks people she trusts more to fight against her inherent bias

    I think Love's plan is to get to get some more information so she can make a more effective plan. So, that'll probably happen at the island? Love wants to check out those caves.
    Yeah. That seems like the best bet-- go to the island and do some review/reconnaissance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    I'm surprised that Steel Hammer has already made it to the title suggestions. Must have made a good impression, comrades!

    Is "Nerves of Steel (Hammer)" good for everyone, then?
    Fine by me.

    Honestly, "Nerves of Steel (Hammer)" was what came to mind in the 5-ish seconds I had to think about it. If you want another option then I think Null gave us a wonderful title: "How Do You Pronounce 'Croix', Anyway?'

  13. - Top - End - #1483
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    ...I kind of like 'How do you' better. If no one objects, we'll use that one.

  14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    I like both of DKS' suggestions.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Considering she bugged Rose's apartment, there's some inherent paranoia in Love's operations with everyone she trusts.
    Well, that wasn't random. Rose was acting strange and on drugs. I do have 'paranoia' on Love's sheet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    I'm surprised that Steel Hammer has already made it to the title suggestions. Must have made a good impression, comrades!
    I like her! She is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    I'm not entirely familiar with the rules you're using so I'm at a disadvantage. A bracelet might be the better option, however? It seems a little more sturdier than a necklace, a little harder to steal, etc.

    Of course, if you want to go the full disguise route to hide what it is, you could just make us all magical dog tags.
    I should have explained. Instead of enchanting all our magic onto a single piece of jewelry (bracelet as we've been doing), I was thinking about putting the magic on tokens. We could load the tokens onto a bracelet or something so we have the ease of wearing a single item, but the different magic enchantments can be separated if direly needed? I had that abandoned idea to have our armor able to slot jewelry, but now I'm thinking like a 'slotted' bracelet. Chain, embedded gems, bracelet with random tokens, etc. etc.

    That'd basically be a necklace with tokens! A necklace with a bunch of dog tags. That's pretty awesome. Dog tag of Swim. Dog tag of Trace teleport. etc. etc. We could each pick a different physical appearance of the item? Thoughts?

  15. - Top - End - #1485
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Celestia's Finest OOC: Hyper Thoughts and Prayers

    I can change the title later, but for now, here's the new OOC thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •