Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 394
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    where hot springs blow

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut1864 View Post
    These idiots could seriously hurt somebody.

    Hans panics as he stares his first genuine threat down in the face, but he knew his welfare was menial compared to that of the entire bar. He beckons over the larger one, Dengar, for backup with a tilt of his head and without waiting, shoulders his way to the front of the cluster until he's just inside the center. Trying not to let his trepidation betray him he stands stalwart and said barks, "Hey! Outside you cretins. You can't do this in here."
    Dengar turns to follow Hans but quick looks down at Squig before moving "Watch my drink?" he then moves to follow Hans without waiting for an answer.
    now where did he go? Ah, at the front
    Dengar moves through the crowd to right next to Hans keeping an eye on the Brawl about to enter full swing "When do you want to intervene? Wait for a clear victor?"

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Squig jumped at the billowing voice behind her. She was excited and frightened at the prospect of witnessing her first bar brawl, and this one seemed quite dangerous.

    She nodded to Durnan, agreeing to watch his drink, as he moved toward the brawl. I need to find a good hiding spot, where I can still see the action!

    Squig grabs Durnanís mug with both hands and looks around the tavern for something to hide behind or under.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hide roll:(1d20+2)[15]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Those of you that run to the fight manage to eventually push your way through the crowd. When you get to the edge of the crowd you see the half orc on top of the man with the eye-shaped tattoos on his head, who is looking rather rough. The other four men with him are trying to circle around the half orc and look ready to tackle her.

    Trying not to let his trepidation betray him he stands stalwart and said barks, "Hey! Outside you cretins. You can't do this in here."
    Two of the thugs turn toward Hans and Dengar. One of them says ďYeah? And wot you gonna do Ďbout it? Shove off!Ē


    Squig grabs Durnanís mug with both hands and looks around the tavern for something to hide behind or under.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hide roll:[roll0]
    Squig runs to the side of the bar and peeks behind. She sees all the glasses and bottles Durnan uses, but what catches her eye is a step stool use by the halfling when he tends the bar. Sheís walks up to it and peers over the bar, well hidden from the thugs. Durnan turns to her, but seeing the expression on her face he just shrugs and turns to watch the fight to ensure it doesnít get out of hand.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let Erdan and Carric post before going ahead. Then weíll get into initiative.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Erdan gleans over at the commotion but is in no hurry to get into a brawl without cause (having no concept of time he assumed it was early in the morning and he it was too early for this ****. Plus he was nursing a wicked hang over). None the less, his interests were peaked. Erdan nonchlantly slides down the bar to get a better view of the action, but stays out of sight by hiding behind one of the larger patrons.

    Spoiler: spoil
    Show
    (1d20+7)[22]

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by doodoocrispies View Post
    Erdan gleans over at the commotion but is in no hurry to get into a brawl without cause (having no concept of time he assumed it was early in the morning and he it was too early for this ****. Plus he was nursing a wicked hang over). None the less, his interests were peaked. Erdan nonchlantly slides down the bar to get a better view of the action, but stays out of sight by hiding behind one of the larger patrons.

    Spoiler: spoil
    Show
    [roll0]
    Erdan sees a large half-orc man sitting at the end of the bar, watching the brawl break out with a smile on his face, with an empty stool next to him. Erdan moves over to occupy the stool, putting this large man in between Erdan and the fight, with Erdan able to see over the man's shoulder to observe the kerfuffle.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default

    Two of the thugs turn toward Hans and Dengar. One of them says ďYeah? And wot you gonna do Ďbout it? Shove off!Ē
    Why won't anyone heed my demands like they do father's?

    Hans, frustrated at being challenged yet again, regains some control of his nerves. "I'll drag you outside by your nostrils, you underwhelming thugling, where you can bludgeon each other to your liking. But nobody here needs this." He extends his arms and steps lightly backwards, so to push patrons directly behind him away from the fray.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    The two thugs confronting Hans and Dengar look at one another and then back to Hans. Seeing their friend bloody on the ground and now this man threatening them has taken the wind out of their sails. They don't appear to be itching for a fight as much as they were a moment ago.

    "Bah! Then drag 'er off me mate and we'll go! But I ain't 'bout to try and move 'em outside!" He says to Hans and Dengar.

    The other two standing thugs look poised to tackle the half-orc off of their friend.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    The two intimidated thugs will not attack you guys unless you enter the fight against them. If you try and move the half-orc they will let you. But if you try to injure their friend they will retaliate.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-27 at 02:38 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    over from the bar Erdan loudly calls out "baaaaaaawk bawk bawk bawk!!" but before anyone can pin point where the sound came from, Erdan has resumed drinking his ale as if nothing happened.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Everyone in the tavern hears the sounds of Erdan trying to further provoke the brawl with chicken noises. Durnan just shakes his head at Erdan and pours himself a shot. Those at the bar can tell where the noise come from. The people around the brawl hear the chicken sounds, but since it doesnít appear to be coming from the immediate area the thugs donít seem to care.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Carric having no desire to get involved with these strangers resumes his drink but does move closer to the crowds to try and catch a few glimpses of any action.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    The two thugs charge at the half-orc and manage to pull her off of their friend with the eye-shaped tattoos. She looks angry and not ready to give up; the man on the ground is bloody and hurt, but not out. From the ground he yells ďMake ye pay fer that I will!Ē

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lets go by initiative now:

    Hans
    Erdan
    Half-Orc
    Thugs
    Dengar
    Carric
    Squig

    Hans youíre up.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-27 at 08:28 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Hans quickly positions himself between the infuriated half-orc and the bloodied thug on the ground. He turns to the scoundrel and hisses, "Don't be a fool, you look dreadful." He turns to the half-orc next. "Ma'am, he'll meet you outside shortly."

    Hans stands tall, head swiveling back and forth, wary of an advance from one of the two combatants.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut1864 View Post
    Hans quickly positions himself between the infuriated half-orc and the bloodied thug on the ground. He turns to the scoundrel and hisses, "Don't be a fool, you look dreadful." He turns to the half-orc next. "Ma'am, he'll meet you outside shortly."

    Hans stands tall, head swiveling back and forth, wary of an advance from one of the two combatants.
    Hans walks past the two thugs standing near him and approaches the scuffle; the thugs allow him to pass but look ready to intervene should Hans make a threatening move. The man on the ground snarls at what Hans says, but does heed his words.

    "Bah! Fine, then!" he says as he stands up. He looks past Hans and points at the half-orc and says "Better watch yer back, Yagra..." His gaze moves back to Hans and he points his finger in Hans face "And YOU...we dont forget our enemies..." he says as he spits blood at your feet. He addresses his men "Let's go, we're leaving this one alive today..." The two thugs near Yagra step away and begin to move over to the other thugs, then the group walks out of the tavern, keeping an eye on the half-orc and Hans as they leave. You get the feeling he is not interested in a fight now that he is bloodied and sees that the half-orc may have some help should the fight continue.

    The half-orc says back to the man with the eye tattoos "Had enough, Krentz?! Not interested in settlin' this in the alley, then? Afraid, o' me? Hahahaha!" He sneers back at her but doesn't respond.

    The crowd surrounding the brawl begins to quiet down and dissipate as patrons move back to their seats and order another ale. The retreating thugs hear a faint "Bawk bawk bawk!" from the back, but ignore it.

    After the thugs leave the Yawning Portal Yagra turns to Hans and says while offering out a hand "I had him, too...If ye want to help next time, throw a damn punch! Heh. Really, though, thanks fer the help. Name's Yagra." Her face and tone get more serious as she continues "You, uh, you should probably watch out for Krentz and the Xanathar's Guild..."

    Before she is able to continue, shouts of alarm suddenly ring out throughout the tavern as a hulking creature climbs up out of the shaft in the middle of the taproom - a monster with warty green skin, a tangled nest of wiry black hair, a long, corrot-shaped nose, and bloodshot eyes. As it bears its yellow teeth and howls, you can see that a half-dozen bat-like creatures are attached to its body, with three more circling above it like flies.Everyone in the tavern reacts in fear except for Durnan, who shouts, "Troll!"

    Spoiler: Troll Fight Initiative and positioning
    Show

    Squig
    Dengar
    Erdan
    Hans
    Yagra
    Carric
    Durnan
    Troll
    Striges

    Squig is up.

    Current positions:
    The troll climbed out of the Yawning Portal on the bar side (back of tavern)
    Durnan, Squig, Carric, and Erdan are around the bar, no more than 30 feet from the troll.
    Hans, Dengar, and Yagra are on the other side of the Yawning Portal where the fight broke out. The portal is 40' wide, so you'd need probably 60 feet to approach the troll going around.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-28 at 10:39 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Squig was about to leave the stepladder and return to her stool when the troll came bashing in. ďTroll!Ē yelled Durnan, and she turned in shock to see the green monster just 30 feet from her.

    Durnan was right about the hole. If we donít stop this thing, itíll destroy the whole tavern! Perhaps this wasnít the best place to stop for a drink.

    She reached into her cloak with her left hand and found the silver key. She held it tight and stretched her right hand toward the troll. She felt the familiar chill emanate from the key, through right shoulder and down her arm. She planted her feet and glared at the troll, finding courage in her practiced technique.

    Spoiler: OOC: Frostbite - Cantrip
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[16]

    You cause a numbing frost to form on one creature that you can see within range (60ft). The target must make a Con save (against 12 spell DC). On a failed save, target takes 1d6 cold damage and it has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    The air around the troll begins to grow cold and frost builds on its skin. It howls out and the flailing of its arms begins to slow from the buildup of cold on its body.

    Spoiler: Damage
    Show

    (1d6)[1]

    Dengar up next.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-28 at 01:02 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    where hot springs blow

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Probably good Hans didn't go in
    Dengar takes off running around yawning portal towards the side with the bar, pulling a handaxe off his waist and rearing to throw it. As he approaches the bar he notes it is a tad colder over here.
    Dengar let's fly the handaxe in the troll's direction.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Dengarís axe goes flying through the air end-over-end toward the troll. Unfortunately, while running toward the troll Dengar didnít get his feet set and his throw goes wide to the right, embedding itself on the bar. Screaming patrons continue to scramble away from the troll.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Erdanís up.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    In the midst of the chaos created by the emergence of the troll, Erdan slowly slinks down behind the bar, leaving the troll's line of sight. He takes his flagon of ale with him.

    Spoiler: Hide roll
    Show
    [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    Last edited by doodoocrispies; 2018-12-31 at 08:01 AM. Reason: mistyped roll command

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Erdan slinks behind the bar, the troll and strirges none the wiser to his presence.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Hans sprints towards the troll, aiming himself towards the opposite side of the beast as Dengar, as he unfastens one of his javelins. He unleashes a mighty "Bllaaagghraaarrll!" in an effort to draw its ire, as he launches a javelin towards the troll.

    Spoiler: Attack roll
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Hansí javelin sails through the air and embeds itself in the troll. The troll roars in anger as it rips the javelin out of its side and turns to sneer at Hans.

    Yagra sees the troll and striges and pulls a heavy crossbow from her back and letís a bolt fly at a stirge. After releasing the shot she drops the crossbow and charges toward the troll behind Hans.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Yagra Attack: (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage: (1d10)[9]
    Roll damage with attacks in the future. I rolled for Hans damar in the OOC thread.

    Carric up next.


    Yagraís bolt goes hopelessly wide.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-31 at 12:46 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Carric having put down his frosty beverage quickly moves towards the troll. He grabbed the rose stem from his pocket and looked fiercely at his target.

    Spoiler: ďThorn Whip-CantripĒ
    Show

    Attack Roll
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    If successful target takes 1d6 piercing damage and I can pull the creature up to 10 ft closer to me.
    Last edited by DarylMcCraigory; 2019-01-01 at 02:57 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Carricís thorn whip lashes at the troll, but it fails to grab hold. The troll roars fiercely and turns toward Carric.

    Durnan grabs a greatsword from underneath the bar and yells to everyone else ďGet the stirges! If the troll drops, grab a lamp and set it on fire!Ē He jumps over the bar and charges at the troll, violently swinging and reducing the troll to a messy paste as he yells ďIíM. NOT. EVEN. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. HERE. TODAY!Ē The scuffle causes the striges attached to the troll to detach and begin flying back down the Yawning Portal.

    Just as he finishes, the troll rises from the ground and attacks Durnan. It manages to bite him in the shoulder and swipe across his chest with one of its claws, causing blood to start showing on Durnan. The trolls other claw swipes across but just tears away Durnanís shirt, revealing a light ring mail underneath. ďArgh! Itíll take more than that to fell me!Ē Durnan yells back.

    The stirges circiling over the troll move away after Durnanís flurry. Two move toward Carric and the last toward Hans. One dives at Carric and manages to get through his armor, attaching itself to feed. The other stirge dives at Carric, but itís erratic flight causes it to miss. The last stirge dives at Hans and gets under his arm, grabbing on and sticking its needle like nose into his side.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5 damage to Carric; 4 to Hans.

    The stirges are attached to you. It takes an action to fight one off yourself or detach from someone else.

    Squig is up.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2019-01-01 at 04:46 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Durnanís command causes Squig to nervously glance across the room at the bat-like creatures. ĒStirges! Gross!Ē

    She ducks underneath the bar and grabs a glass in her right hand, and steps up onto the top of the stepstool. She finds the flying stirge while aiming with her left hand, and launches the glass.

    Spoiler: Catapult (Level 1)
    Show
    Object flies in a straight line 90 ft. Target makes Dex save. On failed save, target takes 3d8 bludgeoning damage.

    Damage roll: (3d8)[10]


    After launching the glass, she drops to her knees so she is just peeking over the bar.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    The stirge deftly moves out of the way of the oncoming glass, which sails by and drops into the Yawning Portal. Durnan turns to Squig and yells to her ďhope you got some better ideas! Throw a lantern at the troll like that!Ē while motioning at one of the lanterns that adorns the tables in the tavern.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Next turns
    Dengar
    Erdan
    Hans
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2019-01-01 at 07:39 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    where hot springs blow

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Continuing his charge towards the Troll after missing horribly with his thrown handaxe, Dengar lifts his greatsword for an angled blow at the Troll's right leg.


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    As the troll rises from the ground and attacks Durnan, Dengar comes running from the side, swiping with his greatsword. The sword catches on the trolls leg, but fails to cut open the rough troll flesh. The trolls hand bats Dengarís weapon to the side and it glares menacingly at him.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Erdan grumbles to himself as he takes out his short bow. He peers over the bar, and takes aim at the troll. (in his current state he is clearly one-eyeing it). As soon as all the trolls align, he lets the arrow loose.

    Spoiler: Attack and Damage Rolls
    Show
    Attack - [roll0]

    Damage [roll1] + [roll2]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Erdanís arrow sails toward the troll and embeds itself in the chest. The troll shrieks in pain and falls to the ground. ďNow! Set it on fire!Ē Durnan yells to everyone around him. He sighs in relief as he notices that the patrons of the bar have fled away from the troll by this point.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2019-01-02 at 11:47 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: We Be Heistiní: The Bearís WDH Game [IC]

    Hans couldn't decide whether he should rip the stirge away and preserve his strength, or help his new friend on the front line with the troll.

    This is hard. But I think the large one can bear a little more.

    "Hold steady, friend! I won't let it fall you," Hans yells to Dengar. He winces tears the stirge away from his side, and stops his stride a safe 10 feet away from the troll, where he prepares to wield his sword and shield.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •