New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: We Be Heistin’: The Bear’s WDH Game [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by mila88 View Post
    Squig returned the dwarf's smile, "Thank you, this is very helpful. As promised, my lips are sealed." She slides 18 silver over to him.

In a normal speaking voice, she says, "Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure." She hops down from the chair and leaves the table. She turns to Dengar and Erdan. "Should we find a table? Your next round is on me. I wonder if Hans and Carric had any luck at the bar."
    "I couldn't help but overhear...these Zhents sound like some tough hombres...but i like where your head is at Squig. Nothing like some ale to get your ready to rumble!" Erdan begins to lead the way towards an empty table. "Lets gather the group, see what everyone has learned, and get ready to head towards the warehouse."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Squig giggles to Erdan, "Yes from what I've heard! I don't normally drink but I feel like I need one now. My heart is racing! I need to calm my nerves."

As they make their way to the table, Squig looks around to see if there's a waitress or if ale is ordered from the bar.

3. - Top - End - #153

BlueKnightGuy

Squig giggles to Erdan, "Yes from what I've heard! I don't normally drink but I feel like I need one now. My heart is racing! I need to calm my nerves."

As they make their way to the table, Squig looks around to see if there's a waitress or if ale is ordered from the bar.
    "Last I heard they were insulting the bartender." letting out a chuckle and taking another sip of his drink.
    "Lets go while he's still willing to serve us, I could use a refill."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Erdan, Dengar, and Squig move to an empty table, where they are brought fresh ales by a female half-elf server with long silver hair.

Spoiler: Moving On
    Show
    Ales are 2s each, but come in very large mugs.

Once everyone is ready to move on I will make a post about the group sharing the info they have gathered and heading to the warehouse.

Since you are now a bit more familiar with Waterdeep I suggest rereading the primer on the second post of the OOC thread so that you know about the Zhents and such. Your character knows the info in this primer.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2019-01-31 at 11:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155

PaladinGuy

Hans, feeling generally out-witted, and seeing the rest of his group gathering nearby, abandons his display of bravado.

"Very well, my thanks sir, you've been helpful. Here's for your trouble on my friend's and my behalf." He places two silver in front of the dwarf, then holds out another three separately. "Could I ask you to have another ale sent to my table if these 'Zhents' return? That'd be a big trick to score for a working man like me," he jokes sheepishly.

6. - Top - End - #156

MindFlayer

“I doubt they’ll be back” the dwarf says, not getting the joke. Hans and Carric take their drinks and head to the table where the others are seated.

The group discusses the information gleaned from the bars inhabitants. They decide to head to the warehouse they heard about in their search for Floon.

You follow the directions given to you, working your way through the Dock Ward to a section of warehouses close to the docks. Gloom envelopes a narrow alley as dark as a dungeon - and as odorous as one, too. Nearly all the street lamps have been smashed. The only light that pierces the darkness is a faint flickering from down the lane, like a distant candle.

Across from this lone light source is a dilapidated warehouse standing at the back of an outer yard behind a high fence whose gate appears slightly ajar. Past the fence you see a large loading door with a regular door next to it on the right side, a winged snake painted above the handle. To the left you see a painted-over window.

7. - Top - End - #157

HalflingWizardGirl

”That’s the Zhent warehouse!” Squig exclaimed in a hushed voice. “Just like the dwarf described. How do you guys think we should approach this? Floon might be in there.”

8. - Top - End - #158

PaladinGuy

Hans replies, "I believe some reconnaissance is in order. We know five Zhents grabbed him but there could be more." Hans squints and looks for any sort of small windows or see-throughs around the doors and mutters half to himself, "Perhaps a better glimpse from the back."

9. - Top - End - #159

MindFlayer

It is easy enough to circle around the warehouse. Walking past the fenced-in yard on the western side, a set of steps leads up to a well-lit street one story above the yard level. Turning to the right, you see a set of offices on the north side of the warehouse, you pass two grime-covered windows with curtains blocking the view from the inside, and the front-door to the offices. Past the offices and turning to the right, you see a set of steps leading back down to another mostly-dark alley on the eastern side of the warehouse, this side lacking any points of entry. As you continue around the last corner and back to the fenced area you see that the south side also lacks windows and doors. You occasionally hear the sound of ravens calling from inside the warehouse, but otherwise it is eerily silent.

10. - Top - End - #160

HalflingWizardGirl

Seeing only one point of entry, Squig suggests, "I guess we go in through the offices? Those curtains on the windows make me wonder what they're hiding. It's pretty quite too, we might find no one inside. We best be ready for anything."

11. - Top - End - #161

PaladinGuy

"Can't seem to get a look inside," Hans muses, "but I'm not keen on breaking the doors down if we don't know what's inside. We can check that the doors are unlocked, and perhaps if one of us can draw their attention from the front, the rest can make a quiet entrance into the offices?"

12. - Top - End - #162

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut1864 View Post
    "Can't seem to get a look inside," Hans muses, "but I'm not keen on breaking the doors down if we don't know what's inside. We can check that the doors are unlocked, and perhaps if one of us can draw their attention from the front, the rest can make a quiet entrance into the offices?"
    I agree we shouldn't just burst in. But chances are they already know of our presence. Maybe there's a way in on the roof. Who's most nimble?

13. - Top - End - #163

HalflingWizardGirl

"Yes agreed, we should try to figure out what we're dealing with first. I'm not very nimble, or strong, but I am small!" Squig puffed her chest out at the statement, proud of her small stature.
    Last edited by mila88; 2019-02-01 at 01:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

PaladinGuy

I agree we shouldn't just burst in. But chances are they already know of our presence. Maybe there's a way in on the roof. Who's most nimble?
    "I wish we could find out more before anyone goes to a position they can't escape." Hans turns to the small she-gnome. "Squig, maybe you can press against the office door and try to listen for something? I would, but ..." he slowly holds his arms out to demonstrate the soft tinkling of his chain armor.

15. - Top - End - #165

BlueKnightGuy

"Yes agreed, we should try to figure out what we're dealing with first. I'm not very nimble, or strong, but I am small!" Squig puffed her chest out at the statement, proud of her small stature.
    ”There might be a small hole somewhere you can’t fit through, Swuig.” Dengar takes a look at their surroundings. “I’d make too much noise as well.”

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Im somewhat dexterous, I can give you a hand finding out what’s going on in there Squig.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"come now, let the thief do his thing" Erdan stretches lightly and cracks his knuckles. "Muscles, give me a boost up on to the roof, but lets keep it quiet."

18. - Top - End - #168

PaladinGuy

Hans slowly works his way forward to the southeast corner of the warehouse and readies himself to hoist Erdan towards the roof.

19. - Top - End - #169

HalflingWizardGirl

Squig anxiously clasped her hands together as Hans hoisted Erdan up onto the roof. Though she had only spent one day with her new companions, she found herself caring deeply about their welfare as if they were old friends. "Be careful!" she muttered quietly.

She whispered to Carric and Dengar, "I can try to listen at the door or find a small hole, depending on what Erdan finds up there."

20. - Top - End - #170

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by doodoocrispies View Post
    "come now, let the thief do his thing" Erdan stretches lightly and cracks his knuckles. "Muscles, give me a boost up on to the roof, but lets keep it quiet."
    Hans slowly works his way forward to the southeast corner of the warehouse and readies himself to hoist Erdan towards the roof.
    The party makes their way to the southeast corner of the warehouse, away from any windows or doors. Hans leans down and puts his hands together, which Erdan steps onto. The warehouse roof is two stories above them, but they coordinate their effort and Hans launches Erdan into the air as Erdan jumps. Hans armor lightly clinks as he does so, but it doesn't appear to draw any attention. The effort is just enough for Erdan to grab the edge of the roof and pull himself up, making almost no noise in the process.

Once on the roof, Erdan sees three glass skylights, each a few feet from the ledges. The closest one, a few feet from Erdan and spaced evenly between the east and west sides of the building, is held open with a stick. From this opening, Erdan hears the sound of a ravens cry followed by thin, nasally voice saying "let's clean up and head back to the boss." The other two are farther down near the northern side of the roof; the one on the east side is in line with the open hatch and the other in the northwest portion of the building.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Erdan, being as quiet as he can, whisper's down to the others "They're about to walk out, lets hide and follow them"

22. - Top - End - #172

MindFlayer

Shortly after Erdan whispers to the group he hears more voices from the skylight. “Kill any Zhents that show up!” says a scratchy voice, followed by another with an orcish accent replying “search the crates!”

Despite sounding like people talking, Erdan notices that the speech patterns sound off.

23. - Top - End - #173

PaladinGuy

Erdan, being as quiet as he can, whisper's down to the others "They're about to walk out, lets hide and follow them"
    Hans shuffles around the corner and backs up against the south side wall. He wasn't sure where to expect them, but he didn't want to whisper back to Erdan and risk being heard. He peers around the corner to look down the east side wall, keeping an eye out for any Zents exiting the office towards the east-side dark alley. He looks at the group and mouths quietly, "I'll cover this side."

Spoiler: Hans' Positioning
    Show
    Recap: He's on the south side of the southeast corner, back against the wall, peering across the eastern wall. He's trying to catch them if they exit the north side and head east down the alley.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bear View Post
    Shortly after Erdan whispers to the group he hears more voices from the skylight. “Kill any Zhents that show up!” says a scratchy voice, followed by another with an orcish accent replying “search the crates!”

Despite sounding like people talking, Erdan notices that the speech patterns sound off.
    In a whisper, Erdan relays what he hears to the others. "I dont think these are zhents...maybe a rival gang?"
    Last edited by doodoocrispies; 2019-02-06 at 01:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by doodoocrispies View Post
    Squig hides behind one of the crates in the alley, peeking her head over the top to maintain view of her companions. Hmm.. not Zhents. Could be a rival gang. Or the city guard. She waits to see what the group does.
    Last edited by mila88; 2019-02-07 at 09:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

BlueKnightGuy

Hans shuffles around the corner and backs up against the south side wall. He wasn't sure where to expect them, but he didn't want to whisper back to Erdan and risk being heard. He peers around the corner to look down the east side wall, keeping an eye out for any Zents exiting the office towards the east-side dark alley. He looks at the group and mouths quietly, "I'll cover this side."

Spoiler: Hans' Positioning
    Show
    Recap: He's on the south side of the southeast corner, back against the wall, peering across the eastern wall. He's trying to catch them if they exit the north side and head east down the alley.
    Dengar takes a position next to Hans up against the building, watching to their right as Hans looks to the left around the corner to the East.
    "Do we know which door to expect them out of?" Dengar whispers.
    No more thugs as embers inside him burn into an anger born from experiences he'd rather not revisit.
    Last edited by Skaaaaaats; 2019-02-07 at 09:57 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

MindFlayer

Squig, Hans, and Dengar take up positions in the alley on the south side of the warehouse; Squig conceals herself behind a crate while Denger and Hans each peer around separate corners. This alley is dark and dingy, the only light coming from across the warehouse's fenced in area to the west side of the alley. The alley to the east of the warehouse is nearly completely dark, the only light coming from the street to the north. The alley to the west contains the solitary light source that is across from the warehouse's fenced in area.

Erdan holds his position on the roof of the warehouse.

Spoiler
    Show

The alley Hans is looking down is mostly dark. He would be able to see someone coming around the far corner towards the offices. The alley Dengar is looking down is dimly lit. Your stealth checks cover someone seeing/not seeing you as you are peering around the corners or if they pass the alley; if something walks up the alley only Squig is really hiding at that point.
    Stealth: Dengar=18, Squig=21; Hans=13; Erdan=27
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2019-02-07 at 10:23 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

PaladinGuy

"Do we know which door to expect them out of?" Dengar whispers.
    "Can't make out much from here," Hans replied. "And I don't like that we have company on the roof. Let's stay behind this wall and stake out a moment, listen for something."

29. - Top - End - #179

MindFlayer

The group stays in the alley, with Erdan maintaining his position on the roof, waiting for the occupants of the warehouse to leave. About fifteen minutes pass before Erdan hears what sounds like a barrel falling over and an orcish voice yell “Someone’s in the back! Break the door down!” Followed by the sound of ravens screeching.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bear View Post
    The group stays in the alley, with Erdan maintaining his position on the roof, waiting for the occupants of the warehouse to leave. About fifteen minutes pass before Erdan hears what sounds like a barrel falling over and an orcish voice yell “Someone’s in the back! Break the door down!” Followed by the sound of ravens screeching.
    Erdan would like to get a better view of the action. He sneaks up to the open skylight and peers in, trying not to expose himself.

Spoiler: Stealth roll
    Show
    (1d20+7)[12]