New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: NERD I: Totally not ripping off the Avengers, we swear.

[Press Release]

Krystal nods a bit.

Yeah, that sounds like it could work. And I'd be up for being one of the focus people.

Might be a while before we get this going, though. Mostly because right now, we only have two members. Including myself. Working on that, though.

----------------------------------

[Special Delivery]

Alright. Just let the staff know if you need anything.

As for taking on crime, I think we should work together on stuff more. Anytime you got a lead on something, let me know. I'll do the same.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Special Delivery

"Will do. If you need any equipment or something, stop by. I might be able to build it." Jason begins opening one of the crates. It's clear he wants to get set up as quickly as possible.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33

[Press Release]

Amy raises her palms. "Of course! I get it, you're new. Just like VIGIL and HALO once were. However, I could also try to help you recruit. I got contacts in the business and I follow all news about superheroes so I know where to find them. I know that there is at least one hero operating in each major city, one in Skyside, one in Inside and one in Riverside. Of course, some of them might already be in your organization."

4. - Top - End - #34

[Press Release]

Krystal nods a bit. Yeah, that sounds good. I've been looking into leads, but it's a slow go. Figured it'd pick up a bit when we get more members. And when we get more fame.

She'll offer a hand to Amy. This sounds good. I look forward to working with you more.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #35

[Press Release]

Amy eagerly takes Krystal's hand between hers and shakes it briskly. "Thank you! I'm gonna work really hard to make this work, miss Krystal! Count on me making this a real success!"

6. - Top - End - #36

[Press Release]

Krystal returns the shake, smiling widely.

I will. And thanks for the ideas! I'm looking forward to working with you more.

----------------------------------

[Hangar]

The roof of the hangar slides open, ready for the jet lowering towards the base. It lands smoothly, the wings folding up as the back opens to let the passengers out.

Krystal will walk out and help guide the girls to barracks-like room. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean and comfy looking.

She'll wait to talk to Shunt till after the girls are set up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Hangar

The girls go quite willingly, although two do need to be led by the others, unwilling to move under their own power. The one from the bedroom stumbles a little, like she's having trouble remembering how to walk. Knowing the drugs the Followers of Joy use, that might even be accurate.

The three cooks also disembark and stand awkwardly to one side. They're a little less certain about why they're here, though one of them- the one who actually prepared food- is glad to be out of Skyside.

Shunt also disembarks, but Spewer is left where he is. He can't move on his own, since he's bound.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #38

[Hangar]

Krystal returns to Shunt shortly, still wearing the borrowed clothes.

Okay. Guess we need to discuss you getting set up here. But first... She turns to the three cooks.

Part of me wants to hand you guys over to the authorities and end it there. But...I'm willing to consider that you guys don't have a lot of the blame of that place. So. I'm offering you a chance to work here. And live here. She points to a couple office-looking people waiting by the doorway. They can show you to your rooms and the kitchens. Don't screw this chance up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Hangar

"Um, I'm not actually a chef. I mean, not a traditional type of chef, I mean. I... I know a bit of medicine, and medical chemistry, if... If you get me." He's a drug-cook, not a proper cook. But he does know enough to be a firstaider, or possibly even a medic or nurse. "But I couldn't make anything more complicated than beans on toast."

The other drug cook does at least know how to cook soup and use most of the items in a modern kitchen, so he's not in that particular position and heads down with the real cook.

10. - Top - End - #40

[Hangar]

Krystal folds her arms across her chest and raises an eyebrow.

Yeah...not gonna let you anywhere near that kinda stuff for now. You can clean up in the kitchen for a while. Maybe do some janitorial stuff. She nods towards the door again. Like I said, they'll get you guys set up.

Once the "cooks" leave, Krystal will turn her attention back to Shunt, giving him a warm smile.

So...that was a bit different than how I planned to meet with you. Wanted to offer you a position here. Work with a team. Have better resources. What do you think?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Hangar

The 'cook' heads down with the others, tail between his legs- figuratively speaking. He's mostly human, and doesn't have a literal tail.

"I think yes. Focused on Skyside? The heroes could do with organising there. Mind you, most of us in Skyside are mercenaries or thieves. Not many legitimate jobs there, and life can be expensive. Rent, the local militia or gang that stops the slavers or whatever hitting your neighbourhood, food, medicine if you get sick, entertainment and so on. Anyway, this half's yours." He shrugs off the rucksack he took from the brothel, and pulls out a smaller sack, filled with money. It's a mix of coins and notes, as well as other valuable items- there's some jewellery in there, and a nice watch.

12. - Top - End - #42

[Hangar]

Krystal glances into her sack briefly, then gives a sigh.

Yeah, okay. Guess we'll have to go over some things. She closes the sack again, then jerks her head sideways a bit, indicating the door out to the hall. Come on. We can talk as I lead you to your room.

The hall is very new and clean looking. Definitely designed as a place of business. An elevator is at the end of the hall, and that's where Krystal seems to be headed.

So...I do want to focus on Skyside at first. Seems to be the worst place around here. But I'd like to get enough people and resources to offer our help to all the areas of the Nexus. Skyside, Inside, Outside, Riverside. All of it. And I'd like to work with the other groups, too. Like maybe these girls we rescued could go to GLoG for a while, to help them get back on their feet. I'm all for helping them myself, but this place isn't built for what they probably need, exactly. And I want us to stay focused.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Not the Hangar

"Inside has police. Organised, funded and trained. Skyside doesn't, it's why I moved there in the first place." Which raises questions, like why would somebody move to Skyside from Inside? Inside's safer. Or at least, less predictably dangerous. Shunt looks around, as he goes. "Sending the girls to GLoG's a great idea. I'd... Honestly, I'd have left them behind. I can't afford to look after them, and if I shipped them out of Skyside I'd have lost a lot of money that I could have used to buy food for my neighbourhood. This place is very impressive. How are you paying for it all?" He doubts it's all paid for with funds confiscated from criminals; Krystal seems a bit uptight about that, and besides, Shunt could spend a lifetime beating criminals up and confiscating their money and he'd not be able to keep a building this large funded for long. Not without skimping on something, anyway; electricity, water, and so on.

Spewer is still in the helicopter, I think.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Elevator]

Krystal nods a bit. Yeah, that's why I'm doing Skyside first. But I think all areas here could use the help.

And the funding question, Krystal hesitates a brief moment.

Uh, technically...money from another reality. Up front was covered by Tony Stark. Up to me to keep it going, though.

Krystal waits a moment to see if Shunt recognizes the name or not. Seems to be even odds here that somebody knows of her home reality.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Elevator

There's no obvious signs of recognition from Shunt, though he's still wearing his crude mask. "And what's their interest in the Nexus and Skyside? Academic, political, economic?" Shunt's very paranoid, and wants to keep the Nexus independent from any outside organisations or individuals.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Second Floor]

The elevator gently comes to a stop, the doors opening with a ding. This hallway is designed Almost exactly the same as the previous, but with more doors. And some wall decor scattered about.

Krystal shakes her head a bit. He's not really interested in the Nexus itself. He's a huge business figure back home, and also one of the main leaders of the Avengers. Biggest superhero team in my world. I worked with him a few times, and with the help of Doctor Strange, convinced him that investing in a super hero team in another reality was a good idea.

And, Doctor Strange is a sorcerer that has the job of protecting my reality from threats originating outside my reality. There's a direct portal from here to there. He created a kind of lock on it, with two keys. He's got one on his side. I have the other on this side. He figures that's a good way to keep that portal safe.

Krystal stops in front of a door. Shunt might notice that the one across the hall has a nameplate on it. It reads "Recoil".

Well, here's your room here. Up to you if you want to move in full time, or just use this as a temporary place.

Inside is a tiny studio apartment. One large room with partitions to separate the kitchenette, living room, and sleeping area. A door at the back leads to a small bathroom. It's small, but it is clean and new, with all the basic furniture needed.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor

Shunt nods. Wanting stability here in the hope it'd spread to other worlds is a good reason for funding, and one that doesn't immediately ring alarm bells. At least, unless Krystal's lying or is herself deceived.

"I'll take a room. Do you have a fast, subtle way of getting from here to Skyside? Teleporters or something? I don't want to have to ride a helicopter every time I want to get to work." He's curious about Recoil, but he's more interested in the getting around. If there is, his rent just went down.

18. - Top - End - #48

[Second Floor]

Krystal shakes her head a bit.

Nope. We got fast and noisy, or slow and subtle. Working on fast and subtle. She jerks her thumb towards Recoil's room. He might be able to help with that. Seems to be good at making tech stuff.

Krystal looks down at herself and sighs a bit. Welp. I'm gonna let you get set up here while I go get cleaned up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor

"What's slow and subtle, right now?" That's his only question, though, and afterwards he'll say goodbye and look around his room, see what's there and what's not. Maybe see if there's any clothes that might be in his size.

20. - Top - End - #50

[Second Floor]

Uh... Krystal gives a sheepish grin. Taxis? Public transit? I spent most of the loan on the building. Haven't had a chance to invest in good sneaky transportation yet. But it's on the list!

With that, she'll let Shunt get settled in while she heads back to the elevator. She had a slightly bigger room of her own. With extra clothes.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Second Floor

Shunt's going to set himself up as best he can, though most of his belongings are currently in Skyside. He hopes he can get a cheap Riftline seat to Skyside from here. Whilst he's got plenty of money right now, he has to get back home and then sort out the neighbourhood he protects and sponsors.