New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: This week on "Hilariously Incorrect Monster Stat Blocks": the Entropic Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Awkward View Post
    If anyone wants to entertain any discussion about how else to improve the Entropic Reaper, I'm open to that.
    This technically IS a discussion about the entropic reaper. The reason it seemed so trivial was because you used IHS to negate something that you shouldn't have been able to, that's where this side tangent came from.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: This week on "Hilariously Incorrect Monster Stat Blocks": the Entropic Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Awkward View Post
    There is no ambiguity because the intent is made abundantly clear by the text present in ToB.
    Just because the line "allow you to overcome almost anything" isn't italicized doesn't mean it's not fluff. It's flavor text because there's no universal mechanical 3.5 conception of what the phrase "overcome almost anything" would even mean.