New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crypto-mining

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Crypto-mining

With my social anxieties crypto-mining has some appeals to me. I just wish I could get into it without, like, selling my soul to China or getting ripped off by some scammer site.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

DrowGirl

I try to follow the latest news to be aware of the real condition on the crypto market and right now I'm interested in investing in new ICOs. I'm thinking about mobilego ICO. I looked at the dynamics of ico price to reduce the risks and it seems to be very promising project. It provides a lot of opportunities for gamers.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    These don't necessarily seem that unrelated - there's a lot of sophisticated technology in cash these days, and Japan also uses vending machines (which are both technological and just work better with cash) pretty heavily.
    I think it has more to do with cultural attitudes towards money and risk than technological reasons. Uncontrolled account access is very limited here, with things like all online banking transactions being limited to $5000 per day, even if you're transferring between two of your own accounts (supposedly to reduce the risk of elderly people losing their money in 'ore ore' phone scams). Similarly, bank interest rates are negative but it's uncommon for people to invest.

In dense areas (e.g. Tokyo) charge cards are replacing cash. You preload the card with some amount and use it for train fares, but then conbini near the stations start accepting it too, followed by supermarkets and coffee shops in the neighborhood, and so on.