New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: You just gained a level in real life! What class would you take?

Can secondary builds be a different class? Or does it have to be the same class but expressed under a different ruleset?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
    Can secondary builds be a different class? Or does it have to be the same class but expressed under a different ruleset?
    Different class is fine.

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Different class is fine.
    Nice. I’ve always liked the idea of psionics, so for alternate wish fulfillment, I will go with PF/Dreamscarred psion, specifically telepath. Max out autohypnosis, linguistics, spellcraft and knowledge (psionics). Stick mostly with telepathic discipline powers. Use expanded knowledge to eventually acquire “classic” psi powers like telekinetic force and psychoport.

edit: spelling and coherence
    Last edited by El Dorado; 2019-02-27 at 01:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Bard all the way. I love music, and having every knowledge as a class skill would be invaluable in college. A little bit of magic is just icing on the cake. I wonder if Inspire Courage would help with homework...

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, since the cat's out of the bag anyway, Sculpt Self is to become a TARDIS. The first effect is to emulate a Hat of Disguise, to hide my change to Elan. Eventually, I'll travel through space & time, and hopefully even to alternate realities.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Are alignments added to the chart yet?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Are alignments added to the chart yet?
    I'm not adding alignments to the spreadsheet.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's... probably for the best.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of the spreadsheet, how close are to to getting it caught up with the thread?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    Speaking of the spreadsheet, how close are to to getting it caught up with the thread?
    Eh. I've got 9 months before the next thread. No rush.

11. - Top - End - #341

Beholder

I'm middle aged so my stats would be Str 7, Dex 8, Con 10, Cha 11, Int 13, Wis 16

For class I'd take Chef from the Flavour Handbook, for Pathfinder.

With professional chef I can take 10 on profession rolls, earn my skill result, and get a bonus of plus one.

Add skill focus (professional chef as one of my feats) and the wisdom bonus, and I can make a 21 on that, and I'm making about 7 grand a week, which is nice in and off itself, but really comes in handy for the other big bonus to being a first level chef-

Chefs can effectively cook up consumables ala potions in an hour, but they go bad after a day. Limited to first level spells of course, but being able to bake up cookies of cure light wounds would certainly be handy.
    Last edited by StSword; 2019-03-24 at 10:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Some new books are out, so I've deleted my previous comment and started fresh!

My Pathfinder Character Sheet

Str: 8 [-1]
    Dex: 9 [-1]
    Con: 10 [+0]
    Int: 15 [+2]
    Wis: 11 [+0]
    Cha: 12 [+1]

Used my human ability score increase on Intelligence, and I'm swapping out my bonus feat for Focused Study.

Feats: Skill Focus (Knowledge (Arcana)), Spell Finesse (Intelligence)

I'm prepping for 3rd level Eldritch Heritage into the new Phoenix Bloodline, so I can eventually get wings. Spell Finesse on Intelligence gives me the ability to focus on Intelligence with my few ASIs and be SAD.

Oracle 1, Archetype: Enlightened Philosopher, Mystery: Lore, Curse: God-Meddled

Level 20 immortality is always the best, and when it lets you become smarter, what more can you want? Lore gives access to my first revelation, which is Focused Trance. Waiting 6-36 seconds to get a +20 on an intelligence based skill check? Sign me up! The curse is pretty difficult if people are casting divine spells on you a whole bunch, but I don't encounter magic much, so I should be fine. For level one, with Oracle as my favored class, I'm just grabbing an extra skill point.

Other components to my character sheet:
    AC: 9
    Touch AC: 9
    Flat-Footed: 9

HP: 8
    Fort: +0
    Ref: -1
    Will: +2

CMD: 8
    Initiative: -1
    BAB: +0
    Speed: 30
    CMB: -1

Skills [6]:
    1 Diplomacy
    1 Knowledge Arcana
    1 Knowledge Engineering
    1 Knowledge History
    1 Knowledge Local
    1 Knowledge Religion

Spells Known

Orisons [4]:
    Create Water
    Guidance
    Light
    Mending

1st [2]:
    Embrace Destiny
    Tap Inner Beauty

I spontaneously cast Cure spells as LNG

Traits:
    Magical Talent: Mage Hand
    Inspired

I'm set up to be smart, social, and wonderfully magical. I'm excited for next year!
    Last edited by kittyabbygirl; 2019-06-09 at 04:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

apologies, meant to post that in the new one. Sorry Mod that looks at this thread necro...
    Last edited by Falontani; 2021-01-01 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

ok...let me know when the new is up.