New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Default Age of Sigmar Dwarves Question

Apologies for how specific a thread this is going to be, but the old AoS Thread is gone, so I don't have a better way to ask. Age of Sigmar 2nd edition is out, and I have been collecting 40k for a while, but always liked Sigmar too. I've been considering dipping my toes into Sigmar by collecting a few models here and there until I have an army, but I am unfortunately lacking information.

Does anyone around here play, and if so, would they be willing to offer some advice? I love dwarves, and I've seen that there are three dwarf factions in AoS (kharadron, dispossessed, and fireslayers). I like the aesthetic of all of them, so that's not a problem, but I was wondering if there was a particular one of them that is doing well in the meta right now? Or one that's doing particularly badly and I'd be better off avoiding?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Age of Sigmar Dwarves Question

As far as I know, the Fyreslayers are the meta army. Dispossed are something in the middle and Kharadrons are a bit mediocre. (KO have popularity power however) But as dwarves your magical options are limited and the current meta is pretty spell heavy.

I don't think there is any to avoid to be honest. Depends on what kind of army you want to run. Heavy melee, bit of both ranged & melee, or just melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.