The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 127
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Fear runs through your veins, driving everything cold and numbing the heart with the mind.
    All around is a wall of sickly yellow fog, tumbling through the alley’s canyon of crumbling, gray brick walls like some jaundiced flash flood. Ahead, the unfamiliar alley splits, curving to the left and right. Behind, from the silent swell of mist, emanates the sound of footsteps—slow, but somehow keeping pace with the careening, hungry wave. The five of you look around as dread haunts every step and sweat, cold and clammy, runs down your back. Footfalls, not any of yours, echo along the wall and sickly fog, making it impossible to tell if the noise is coming in front or behind you.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Roll initiative.
    Also roll 1d4

    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Lizbeth

    Inside the young woman, a mindscape as chaotic as the space about is. Swirling fog obscures all but the most distant and vague of memories. Thoughts struggle to form, fading in and out as the intentions that guided them splinter and weave into shapes and colors that fracture and form new thoughtlings.

    Pale grey eyes dart, moving from shape to shape that surrounds her. Tall, tall, short, short... shadows and mist and nausea and the burgeoning tremble of hands and soul that screams of terror in the darkness and FEAR. A spark of pain in her left arm, and her eyes fall now to a purple rose there. A voice, a memory, in her mind... "We are the light against the darkness, clarity where there would be obfuscation. Where there is fear, uncertainty, or doubt, we provide certainty. We stand, always. WE STAND!"

    Those around her... not enemies. Allies then. "Let not this darkness shadow your hearts! Steel yourselves, and accept they blessing of Milani!" Her voice is silk over steel, soft and strong and dusky. A short prayer later, and a surge of energy flows from the waif of a girl to wash over the others in the alley, steeling them against the coming conflict.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Casting Bless, affects all allies.
    20% chance of successfully retaining the spell, so rolling 1d5 to see if it works.

    Low is good: (1d5)[5]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Selena?

    The young halfling woman looks about her, confused. She desperately tries to focus her thought, tries to figure out where she is...who she is, even. There is something deeply wrong - not just the fog and the darkness and whatever creatures are hunting her. Something is missing. Something important.

    As she tries to force her eyes to pierce the dark fog, she hears a voice behind her. A calm voice, a reassuring voice. She sees a light, feels a surge of power washing over her. There is something familiar about the light... without knowing why, the young halfling woman touches her neck, as if looking for something, but there is nothing there. As the light fades she notices a young woman, standing firm against the darkness. She can vaguely make out three other figures around her.

    At the woman's words, she nods and stands firm - facing in the opposite direction of the woman who spoke, in case the monsters come from there. She stumbles slightly over her words. "They...they shall not stop us, whoever they are. We...we will be ready."

    She gazes intently at the fog in front of her, trying to make out the shapes of whatever is coming.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception:
    (1d20+6)[13]

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Hazel

    The Hells this was happening to her! NO WAY! Her eyes flicked about taking in those about her, sizing them up, looking beyond to the gods knows what.

    She takes a fighting stance, fists clenched, striking out at misty shadows as her vision deceives her. The words of the priestess ring out and Hazel calms a little, anger subsiding as her courage returns somewhat. With the halfling and the priestess sensibly standing defensively Hazel moves alongside them, ready to take the fight to anyone or anything that showed it's face.

    "Stand behind me!" she mutters as she grits her teeth and pushes her dank hair out of her eyes, the statement somewhat pointless since it was impossible to tell from which direction any threat may be coming...

    Spoiler: rolls from OOC
    Show
    initiative (1d20+4)[23]
    (1d4)[1]
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-01-03 at 04:11 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Herren

    Is this a dream? Not that he had ever been much of a dreamer, but this might as well be one. Choking down fear so dense he can practically taste it, bitter and cuprous on the tongue, he moves forward in the orthodox four-step dueling advance. Muscle memory as clear as can be. One pantomimed retreating slash and he once again stands in line with the others (Who?) standing fast against (What?). Perfectly fluid movements. But no flow of ki. No spirits present to cover his soul like a warm pair of breeches, and certainly no context to be found. As if his last slumber had been his final one.

    "Save your courage," he calls out to nobody in particular, his voice wavering amidst the echoing footfalls. "We're too exposed out here. Should be falling back to the -" Herren's eyes regain focus for a moment as he rapidly sizes up where and how many people are standing. "- left fork, up ahead."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initative 12, 1d4 = 3
    Last edited by Foryn Gilnith; 2019-01-03 at 02:25 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Toby

    The woman's face is slipping away from him. She is his, but she looks disappointed, resigned. He must go, again. Back to life, back to reality, back to screams and pain, and fear and footsteps. The human woman, calls out for him to get behind her, and he eagerly obeys, hiding as best as he can in the mists.


    Spoiler: Rollz
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[5]
    1d4 Roll: (1d4)[2]
    Stealth Check: (1d20+11)[22]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    The alley walls sag, battered brick slumping over the path, nearly blotting out the bruised twilight sky. Again the grimy cobblestone path splits. This time one route curves uphill, while the other recklessly descends. Behind, the yellow fog and the relentless sound of pursuit grow closer.
    The mist parts, now mere steps behind a mask of gray rags emerges, strips of something fleshier than fabric worming and constricting across a body that’s almost humanlike—but too lean, and far too flexible. Gauzy gray ribbons reach out like tendrils, each grasping for less doubtful flesh to claim as the creature pounces on speaking half-elf, war-razor slashing in a deadly arc that cuts of its preys pony tail, sending long hair flying everywhere, as a hot jet of blood sprays the rest of you. Fast... to fast for you to react, the creature disappears into the mists, giving you only a glimpse of a mouth full of fang-like teeth as you recoil at the horror and the half-elf's hand goes to his neck, trying to preserve his life's blood that continue's to fountain out between his fingers. The sound of footfalls and a cackle bounce and echo off the walls and cobblestone, leaving each of you with no idea where the creature fled to.

    Spoiler: All OOC
    Show

    Your actions.
    The creature swoops in and out before you can react, giving Herren a terrible wound but he is still standing.


    Spoiler: Herren only
    Show

    Take 6 points of damage.

    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Hazel

    She spins around and spies the terrifying thing only in time to be sprayed with blood as the half-elf is horrifically wounded. Wiping her eyes clear she pushes the others onward not quite sure who she's pushing or to where but just to get them away.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Selena?

    The young halfling woman recoils at the sight of the terrible creature emerging from the mist, and winces in sympathy as the grievous wound is inflicted on the poor man before her. Reflexively she once again touches her neck, but still finding nothing she curses under her breath. She whispers desperately to herself: Come on...come on...where are you? We need you!

    She turns to the others and speaks aloud: "I...I don't think we can fight something like this. Not without weapons. Not without..." She trails off, unsure of what she was going to say. She picks herself up and continues: "We...we have to run. This way, I think!"

    She pushes forward in the direction the protective woman was pushing her. She moves a slight distance ahead, but quickly turns back, to make sure that the others are following.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Herren

    Razor. Razor? Not the teeth. Not the face. Herren's thoughts swirl trying to comprehend this incomprehensible creature, as he staggers back clutching his neck. "Guess I should have stood behind you," he jokes with a grimace, looking down at Hazel before coughing. The motion sends blood spurting through his fingers, and his spare hand scrabbles at his back looking for bandages in a rucksack that isn't there. He takes a half-step in Selena's direction, his movements dulled by confusion.
    Last edited by Foryn Gilnith; 2019-01-07 at 11:53 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    "I...I don't think we can fight something like this. Not without weapons. Not without..."
    As the child-like young woman speaks with an adults voice, you all turn towards here then looks at each other, only one of you, the blond woman wearing a chain shirt, has a weapon... which is a dagger at her waist.
    As the shock of the realization hits, you again hear footsteps, like rough pumice across ancient stones, echoing from everywhere and nowhere. Each of you, in turn spins as you hear the footfalls that seem to creep up behind you only to see nothing but mist. Dread washes over you, like the weight of a waterfall bearing down, steady and unyielding, as the half-elf continues to hold her lifesblood from spilling any further. Slowly, the footfalls drift away, sounds coming to your ears further and farther between.
    And, in a flash, the razor comes out of the mist, cutting the child-like woman across the sternum, exposing her solar plexus and xiphoid process, leaving her bleeding and gasping to breathe.
    All of you see a face, like something out of your nightmares, that disappears again into the mists.
    Spoiler: All
    Show

    What you see.



    Spoiler: Selena
    Show

    Take 7 points of damage
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Selena?

    The young halfling woman coughs up blood, shock and confusion evident on her face. She folds up what remains of her clothing and presses the cloth against the wound in an effort to stem the tide of blood. She staggers back towards the others, while scanning the mists for the shape that attacked her. Noticing that one of the women seem to be armed, the young halfling woman stumbles to her side. Between bloodied coughs, she speaks in a now feeble, whispered voice. "I...I think we may be surrounded. They are everywhere. Perhaps...perhaps we make a stand here. We can at least...go down...with a fight."


    With a desperate effort, she pulls herself upright and stands, one hand on her bleeding wound, the other held up in a defensive position.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Selena moves to Hazel's side. She readies an action to Aid Another (boosting AC) if something tries to attack the blond woman in melee.

    Pre-rolling the aid for convenience: (1d20+4)[15]. If >10, Hazel gets a +4 to AC against the attack. But it probably won't work if the thing has reach, which it very well might have...

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Toby?

    Toby cringes behind the human, as the nightmare assaults the halfling woman, he lets out a scream as she is slashed, scrambling to avoid the blood pooling at his feet.

    We...We can't fight THAT, there is no fighting that!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Lizbeth

    The creature's first attack had left her shaken and cold. Nothing could have prepared... nothing... she floundered, footless in a land without memories to ground her. The rose on her arm pulses now, a beat that she cannot decide whether it is her own or that of those bleeding around her. With a shriek, she flings her hand out and a wave of warm positive energy flows out from her, wrapping around her allies and granting healing to those who are damaged.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d6)[2] healing for all!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Herren

    'Go down with a fight, huh?' A voice sounds out in Herren's mind unbidden, coasting on the wave of relief that swept over him upon seeing that monster's next strike directed not at him. 'It wouldn't be much of one. The child is right.' Herren lashes out with his arms, as if trying to physically wipe away the shame and guilt, before the familiar (What? From where?) warmth of positive energy wraps around his wounds and brings him to his senses. "Not like there's anywhere to go but down," he mutters, eyeing the descending fork of the cobblestone path.
    Last edited by Foryn Gilnith; 2019-01-10 at 11:26 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Hazel

    She grabs at the dagger at her waist. God's why didn't she have that out already?! Stupid! Hazel waves the dagger about as she pushes the others onward, a fruitless act of bravado more than anything given she can't make out a gods damned thing. "C'mon! Face me!" she shouts, slashing in frustration more than a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    The group, realizing that you are all unfamiliar to each other but still realizing that there is safety in numbers, begin to move towards each other for protection from the nightmarish creature. One of you raises their hand, the blond human, as the wounded feel their hurts diminish.
    Heads whip about as you hear each other's ragged breaths but little else at first. Moments pass as ears and eyes seek out something... anything to give reference to the location of the creature. Any occasional flutter, far off, and sound like sandpaper from in front and then behind, to quickly to catch. Faintly, not even sure if it is real or just imagination, you hear a strange, fluting sound, keening upwards beyond what you know what your ears can hear but still aware, its arrythmic tempo disquieting.
    The sound lulls you, drawing you too all look in the same direction of the sickly yellow fog and you see an almost afterimage of yellow flash in the distance and it feels as if the sky and stars in the distance breath and pulse in time with the fluting.
    Above all this, the dark-haired, child-like female feels the air stir near and all around her as she feels the blood running from her chest turn cold. A faint smell, like leather left uncured in the sun for too long, drifts up to your nostrils. The fog, damp and noisome, seems to breath. The child-like female realizes its more than that and screams out as she realizes the maw of the creature is breathing on the back her neck as it raises its razor high.

    Spoiler: All
    Show

    Selena can act before the creature as she is the only one to make her check.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Just as the monster approaches her from behind, the young halfling woman bizarrely starts to smile. Her head turns slightly, as if she is listening to some unseen presence, and she whispers “I remember now. It is so good to see you all again.”

    She suddenly gasps, her head slumping forwards, her eyes pure orbs of milky white as she rises it again. With surprising speed, she darts out a hand and attempts to snatch the dagger straight out of the hands of the woman next to her, before she whirls around and tries to stab it right into the maw of the presence behind her.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As a free action, Selena starts channeling the Champion spirit (+1 attack rolls, +3 damage rolls). As a move action, she tries to grab Hazel’s dagger. Finally, she makes an attack against the thing behind her.

    If Hazel let go of her dagger, this is a weapon attack.
    If she does not, this is an unarmed strike (which provokes an AoO).

    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (if dagger): (1d4+6)[10]
    Damage (if unarmed): (1d2+6)[7] (nonlethal)

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    As the child-like woman turns and strike, her aim is true as she hits the creature in its toothy maw, teeth shattering and the creature comes into full view, it's body almost like a mummy as its wrappings writhe and flow in an unseen wind. An inhuman sound comes from the mouth as it cries out in pain, is if foreign to the creature. The noise changes, fury and rage fill the fetid air as the knotted arm raises higher, almost stretching as it does, and brings the razor down, a hacking blow instead of a slash, the cuts the woman down, opening another wound across her belly, blood and bile spilling out as she crumbles, blood still pumping as she falls. The razor flashes loose, blood and gore still connected, as the creature turns to the group and a strange, alien smile crosses its face.

    Spoiler: All
    Show

    Everyone but Selena can go. The creature stands above her and you are all within a 5 foot step of it.
    Selena is at -3.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Hazel

    "Ah-ha! Get it!" Hazel pounces without thinking as the creature is distracted with the poor victim, trying to wrestle the razor free. A small voice voice in the back of her mind, easily ignored, says wait...not a good idea.

    Spoiler: actions & status
    Show
    Wisdom 7? No problem:
    Standard: Disarm (1d20+1)[16] (+1 BAB, +4 CMB, -4 Unarmed) +2 Deft Maneuvers = 18 Total vs (1d20)[16]+CMD?

    I'll eat an AoO as a result . Thank you, Deft Maneuvers

    Hazel Holt
    F CG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier (Daring Champion), Level 1, Init 4, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will -2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Rapier +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d6+4, 18-20/ x2)
    Dagger +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+4, 19-20/ x2)
    Chain Shirt Armour, Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-01-13 at 01:53 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Lizbeth

    The sight of this familiar stranger falling to the ground sends a cold shiver through the young woman in white. Taking a careful step away from the creature, wary of leaving any opening for attack, the... priestess?... begins a chant, keeping her hands up in a defensive posture. As she chants, the birthmark on her inner arm begins to glow softly, the light weaving with her words to slowly drift before her, forming a shape...

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Taking a 5' step out of melee, casting Summon Monster 1 to summon a Celestial Eagle in the spot I just vacated.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Herren

    Herren's body moves before his mind, taking a circling side-step around the creature as he watches the unfolding events in a daze. Metal goes in. Blood comes out. Finally, something that makes sense. Not the good kind of sense - Herren had never seen a person drop like this - but it stands to reason that what works on deer works on people. Too much blood. Too many deer. If he could remember anything, perhaps he would remember their faces. A weight on his heart as heavy as -

    "Enough!" He throws a wild punch at the creature. The blow goes wide but Herren pulls it back before losing balance, settling into a recognizable combat stance opposite the one armed and armored member of the group. "Nowhere to run," he mutters as much to himself as to the monster, eyes narrowing as he finds new focus among his new(?) comrades.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move: move to flank, assuming "within a 5 foot step of it" means that's possible without provoking an AoO.
    Swift: activate challenge targeting the enemy; the party (besides Herren) gets a +1 circumstance bonus to attack rolls against it.
    Standard: unarmed attack against the enemy, does not provoke an AoO, does not hit.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Toby

    Toby stumbles backwards away from the fiend, the blood of the woman splashing hotly across his face. Sound is gone, replaced by the thundering of his heart. Time slows as hope bleeds away with the fallen woman's lifesbood. He is about to run again, he is about to abandon her, again. He is leaving, again. Maybe, not this time. His gaze, most intense, transfixes the monstrosity if but for a second. Toby's visage twists and distorts into something so ghastly it might even bring fear to a ghoul such as this and he erupts into light.

    MONSTER! YOU WILL NOT HAVE HER!

    Spoiler: Actions and What not
    Show
    Actions:
    Five step to backup out of AoO range
    Swift Action: Activate Hypnotic Stare on the Fiend: -2 to will saves
    Free Action: Activate Painful Stare: Allies are +1 to damage
    Standard Action: Cast Color Spray on the Monster (DC15 will save with -2 from Stare)
    Free Action: Activate Fearsome Guise (Intimidate to Demoralize Check: (1d20+9)[29] )

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Like a pair of otherworldy children, the girl falls in a spray of blood while the boy-looking one steps forward with a command, startling the creature as you all can now see the grotesque monstrosity.

    Spoiler: All
    Show





    The creature takes a hesitant step back as flails about with its jagged razor, failing to connect, as it steps away from the remaining 4 of you, stepping back into the cloud but still visible and only a few steps away.

    Spoiler: All
    Show

    It takes a 5 foot step but is still close.
    Last edited by razorback; 2019-01-15 at 03:57 PM.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Lizbeth

    The chant culminates as the light that had flowed from the young woman's arm forms the image of a radiant white eagle. In a flash, that eagle takes luminescent form and the beating of its wings echoes in the mist.

    Without a pause, she throws her hand out towards her companions once more unleashing a wave of light that washes over them, closing wounds and granting a brief respite from pain for all those around her.

    In the wake of the light, the eagle lashes out with claws and beak at the monstrosity, striking at it's evil nature.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d6)[3] Channel Divinity Healing for All (including the enemy)

    Eagle Smite Evil and Full Attack!
    (1d20+3)[20] to hit, for (1d4+3)[6] Damage (-1 damage if not evil) Claw
    (1d20+3)[8] to hit, for (1d4+3)[4] Damage (-1 damage if not evil) Claw
    (1d20+3)[16] to hit, for (1d4+3)[7] Damage (-1 damage if not evil) Bite



    Spoiler: Celestial Eagle
    Show
    N Small celestial animal
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision Perception +9

    DEFENSE

    AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
    hp 7 [1d8+3]
    Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2
    SR 5
    Celestial – Resist cold 5, acid 5, electricity 5

    OFFENSE

    Speed 10ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
    Melee 2 talons +3 [1d4+2], bite +3 [1d4+2]
    Special Attacks smite evil

    STATISTICS

    Str 14, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7
    Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 11 [13]
    Feats Weapon Finesse
    Skills Fly +8, Perception +10; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception

    SPECIAL ABILITIES

    Smite evil/good 1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+1) against evil foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial creature rests).

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Hazel

    "C'mon, get up! Get back!" Hazel drags the halfling woman back from the attacker thankful for the ethereal eagle's distractions. She adopts a fighting stance again, damned if I'm going down without a fight!

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Standard: Activate Tactician ability. Everyone gets Escape Route feat for 3 rounds (provoke no attacks of opportunity for moving through squares adjacent to allies or within their space). Not sure if this helps Selena stand without provoking...if needed I will also use a move action to drag her 5ft so she can stand without provoking.
    Immediate (if attacked): Dodging Panache +3 dodge to AC, move 5ft
    Move (unless used to help Selena): Pick up dagger presumably dropped by Selena.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    As the wave of positive energy washes over her, the young halfling woman opens her eyes with a pained sigh. Disoriented, she notices the presence still looming behind her, and has just enough presence of mind to realise that she must get away from it, by any means possible. The blood still pouring from her multiple wounds lends further urgency to her struggle, as she tries to make her way back however possible, thankfully aided by the other woman.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Selena simply tries to move away as best she can. If Hazel manages to help her to her feet, she will move 30 ft. away. If not, she will crawl 15 ft. away. Either way should avoid AoOs, because of Escape Route.

    She won't take a standard action as that would drop her unconscious (she's at 0).

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Herren's heart skips a beat at the sound of a booming voice from what seemed to be a child, but resumes pumping warm blood through his body as he sees an eagle come into existence and claw at the creature. So this monster can be harmed... it can be beaten. As the armored Hazel steps back to protect the fallen halfling, Herren steps forward, assuming a solid stance and throwing a whipcord-fast punch through a gap in the creature's flailing slashes.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Swift: activate Driven by Guilt for +2 attack and +1 damage against evil creatures.
    Move: take a flanking position adjacent to the enemy.
    Standard: attack with unarmed strike. Natural 20 hits for 8 lethal bludgeoning damage; rolling confirmation and possible crit damage now. (1d20+9)[19] (1d6+6)[10]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    Toby feels spent, his courage holding on by its fingertips. Still, the fiend hesitates, it too knows fear, and his companions seem to be hurting it. Without breaking eye contact with the monster, he reaches about and grabs a stone from the alley and throws it at the monsters face.

    "That's right! Back! Back I Say! Vile THING!"

    Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show
    Maintaining my stare on the nasty
    Throwing a rock, an improvised range attack (+3 dex, +1 size, -4 improvised)
    To Hit: (1d20)[19]
    To Damage (Painful Stare): (1d3-1)[0] plus (1d6)[1]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Razorback's Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity

    As the creature growls at the rest of the group, blood still dripping from the razor, it raises it high, though each of you realizes that there is some hesitation in its movement. Before it can react, a glowing eagle comes into existance right above the creatures head. It attacks with a furious beat of its wings, one of the claws catching the creature on the top of its head. Like the sound of ancient parchment ripping, the claw gains purchase and tears the creatures skin, yellow pus-blood oozing from the wound. Dodging low, and tearing more of its skin as it pulls away from the eagle, it steps away from the group, managing to avoid all of the other attacks against it. As it steps away, it howls like a stone being drug across an iron plate. It turns toward the human who summoned the eagle, as a wave of anger and vitriol washes over him as the summoner steps back with a look of horror on his face.

    Spoiler: Lizbeth
    Show


    Need a will save for Lizbeth.
    Last edited by razorback; 2019-01-22 at 11:47 AM.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •