New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Chortan's Guild: Episode 3: Twinkle Twinkle Flaming Meteor

Heather flies up, attempting to slow the scropion beastie.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Slow, Will save DC 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Casmar attempts to keep absolute focus on the Death Scorpion's movements. While he's not able to completely avoid it's attacks, he is doing an incredible job of mitigating it's damage through his various defenses. Because of this absolute focus though, he barely misses the fact that Retriever has abandoned it's fight with Izzy in favor of pursing him. It registers slighlty too late that he's being fired upon with a giant blue laser. The papers that constantly float and swirl around him coalesce into the shape of a shield, protecting him from the majority of the damage, but in return being consumed with flame. The Retriever doesn't give Casmar even a moment to rest though, and immediately attempts to crush the human in it's jaws. Thankfully, Izzy returns and makes short work of the already heavily damaged Retriever.

Now, there's only the Scorpion to deal with. Clutching his large Paper Blade in both of his hands, Casmar begins to swing with all of his might!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Immediate Action: Empower (Rally)
    Free Action: Rage [Spirit Fury]

Full Round Action: Full Attack [Power Attack]
    Attack 1: (1d20+43)[60] / Damage 1: (4d6+44)[54]
    Attack 2: (1d20+38)[39] / Damage 2: (4d6+44)[60] *EDIT: Natural 1, miss*
    Attack 3: (1d20+33)[47] / Damage 3: (4d6+44)[55] *EDIT: Gains +2 to hit if the first attack hit*

As before, after the first attack, subsequent attacks gain bane. That's +2 to hit and +2 +2d6 to damage
    Rolling for possible extra damage
    Damage 2: (2d6+2)[6] *Missed*
    Damage 3: (2d6+2)[13]
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-21 at 08:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros moves up diagonally and sees about launching some of the shattered remnants of whatever is handy at the scorpion. Meanwhile, she mutters under her breath in Infernal "Need to stop and prepare to do this right next time...
    Spoiler
    Show

Actions:
    Move: 20 feet up and forward, diagonal movement.
    Standard: Telekenisis. Violent thrust, throwing whatever hard, heavy debris are handy at the scorpion. That's probably shattered and broken bits of the retriever - a leg or two, probably - but pointy branches broken off from the impact, big rocks unearthed by the same, and so on will do just fine too. How would you like to handle the dice? Per Telekinesis, the exact number of attacks, and damage per attack, depends on what's available. After the fight I'll prep to do this in a little more organized of a manner (Wall of Stone + Stone Shape to make my own ammo, then carry a few at a time, stowing the rest in my portable hole) so I can just throw a consistent single shot of 15d6.

I suppose I'll just rattle off a few attack rolls, and you can roll the damage yourself based on what's there?

Attack: (1d20+25)[39]
    Attack: (1d20+25)[26]
    Attack: (1d20+25)[29]
    Attack: (1d20+25)[45]
    Attack: (1d20+25)[37]
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

With blinding speed the scorpion smashes into the pouncing Eidolon that enters the fray, attempting to punish it for entering it’s area. It seemingly remembers now of all times, perhaps having grown rusty in the string of unworthy opponents up to this point, that it can use it’s full arsenal against those that get close. Now that someone is close enough to easily see it’s clear that it has multiple barrels that vaguely resemble musket that start to spin rapidly before unleashing a torrent of metal.
    Spoiler: Missed Opportunities
    Show
    The Attacks of Opportunity:
    You’d think Izzy would have a range of 10ft. I believe moving all up into the scorpion’s grill triggers 3 1 AOOs. Kaouse keeping me honest.
    Attack: (1d20+29)[46]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[30]
    Attack: (1d20+29)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[23]
    Attack: (1d20+29)[48]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[28]

Since they can only hit on a Crit just treat the next one as confirmation (unless all my bribing has worked off and they’re all crits).

Scorpion uses Gun against Casmar. It’s hopefully Super Effective. It noticeably doesn’t trigger attacks of opportunity, as if it had some training in Barrage.
    Attack: (1d20+30)[32]
    Damage: (8d6+1)[28]
    Attack: (1d20+30)[33]
    Damage: (8d6+1)[37]

The nature spirit manages to rip off a portion of the downed retriever that’s at the max of her weight limit and attempts to chuck it at the gargantuan scorpion. While that attack itself does no damage the multitude of distractions provides Casmar the opening he needs to land a solid blow that appears to be deflected by some shimmering force. Another hit lands solidly, though, and breaks through the defense as a small gash is made in it’s metal hide.

It begins the task of whittling down the opposition in it’s metaphorical face. It takes a step back, providing some distance even if it doesn’t necessarily need it, and shifts in stance even as Casmar changes his. It attempts to sidestep the incoming jabs while slamming into it’s given foe with claw and gun.
    Spoiler: Actual Round Attacks
    Show
    Free Action: 5ft step back, it's got a fly speed currently on the off chance y'all are concerned about it stepping where it can't or whatever.
    Full Round: Smash. Scorpion makes two claw attacks (vs Normal) and two chaingun attacks (vs Touch) against Casmar. I’ve included Challenge and Come and Get Me (plus generic training reveals it's probably used Combat Expertise).
    (Claws)
    Attack: (1d20+37)[44]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[32]
    Attack: (1d20+37)[46]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[29]

(Guns)
    Attack: (1d20+34)[42]
    Damage: (8d6+5)[29]
    Attack: (1d20+34)[51]
    Damage: (8d6+5)[29]

Spoiler: Distances
    Show

Object

---On Top Of (60ft up)---
    Scorpion
    Casmar
    Izzy

---20ft Up Object, Near Gash, 40ft from Scorpion.---
    Darshee

---40ft from Object, Scorpion---
    Heather

---560ft Away, 600ft from Object---
    Tome
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-02-22 at 02:39 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

5. - Top - End - #65

Imp

It's a harsh battle between Casmar and the Scorpion. Casmar abandons defense in order to pump up his offense, attempting to strike the creature as it goes to strike him.

Spoiler: Come & Get Me AoOs
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+43)[58] / Damage 1: (4d6+44)[59]
    Attack 2: (1d20+43)[50] / Damage 2: (4d6+44)[60]
    Attack 3: (1d20+43)[45] / Damage 3: (4d6+44)[57]
    Attack 4: (1d20+43)[51] / Damage 4: (4d6+44)[53]

It strikes many a blow, cleaving through Casmar's many defensive layers, until finally, one blow manages to draw blood. Recoiling from his pain, Casmar notes that continuing to fight in this way may not be the best for his health, so he decides to take a temporary reprieve.

Show

Free Action: End Rage
    Move Action: Move 30 ft back. *Provokes an AoO*
    Swift Action: Hustle: Move Action: Take out Salve
    Standard Action: *EDIT: Ready an action to* Use Salve: Heal (6d8+45)[77]
    Trigger will be "When my Delayed Damage Pool empties"
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-24 at 09:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Imp

I forgot about Linked Striking / Bane. Add +2 to all of those attack rolls and the following for damage:
    Bane 1: (2d6+2)[13]
    Bane 2: (2d6+2)[11]
    Bane 3: (2d6+2)[7]
    Bane 4: (2d6+2)[10]
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-02-23 at 10:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

BarbarianGuy

Izzy easily takes the weak hit from the Scorpion, his thick hide easily absorbing such an attack with ease. Seeing how difficult it is for Casmar to hit the beast, Izzy decides to try and impede it instead. Taking a step back, Izzy aims his rear end at his enemy, and fires up his spinnerets.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Five Foot Step away from the Scorpion
    Standard Action: Use Web (1d20+28)[31] VS Touch (No penalty for firing into melee since Scorpion is Gargantuan)
    Provokes AoO
    If it hits, Scorpion is Entangled
    Web has 19 HP 0 Hardness, takes DC 30 STR/Escape Artist to escape web

Feral Aspect: 4/10 rds remaining
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Scorpion uses Smash:
    Show
    vs Kaouse:
    Attack: (1d20+37)[52]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[26]
    Crit Attack?: (1d20+37)[42]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[32]

Vs Izzy, with Challenge, Entangle:
    Attack (since only a crit matters right now): (1d20)[15] (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+20)[26]
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The spectral nymph charges in, seemingly-recklessly, getting right up in the face of the scorpion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double-move, closing the gap. I want to be right up in it's face, and maybe make it waste an AoO or two.

I'm Incorporeal, so if it has no magic? It can't do much to me. I can't do overly much to it, either, mind, but I can start laying out Heals for folks.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

True to the nature spirit’s hypothesis the scorpion’s claws did nothing to the incorporeal being as one of them smashed into the object they’re all collectively fighting on. A clang like a bell reverberates as the scorpion judges its tactics and begins to slowly lift off, the webbing burning away as it proves too massive for it to hold be held by the strands. It then returns to reporting the battle to unseen forces as the beaten but not defeated foe positions itself safely out of reach of the trio that continues to harm it and raises its tail in opposition. Plasma arcs out of it and in a line that blasts over the object, leaving it hot to the touch, and into the incorporeal foe and at least the one continues to be a thorn in it’s side.

Show
    As far as I can tell the webbing works on Huge and smaller creatures. The scorpion is Gargantuan. Give me a heads up if I got that wrong and I’ll adjust the distances accordingly.

Move: Moves 60ft off of the object and into the air. It positions itself so that it can hit Casmer, Darshee, and Izzy with a line attack (if it can only get two then it’ll prioritize Casmer and Izzy, but I think it can get all three of you guys).

Standard Action: Shoots a 120 foot long line of plasma. It’s an extraordinary ability that does Fire and Lightning damage, doesn’t copy a spell, and requires a save. I don’t know if it’d affect Darshee and suspect that if it did it’d only do 50% damage.

DC 30 Reflex Save to take half damage.
    (10d6)[26] Fire Damage
    (10d6)[34] Electricity Damage

Show

Object

---On Top Of (60ft up)---
    Darshee
    Casmar
    Izzy

---30ft from Group, 60ft Up---
    Scorpion

---40ft from Object, on Ground---
    Heather

Tome
    New job, who dis?

11. - Top - End - #71

BarbarianGuy

Izzy quickly ducks out of the way of the powerful plasma beam, the sparking heat tickling its skin as it evades. Frustrated at the flying enemy, Izzy yells out "You can't get away that easily!" before charging across the object, springing from the edge toward the Scorpion. As it begins to drop down, Izzy fires off a second web, aiming for the arachnid in an attempt to catch itself.

Show

Move Action: Running Start Jump (1d20+34)[38]

Standard Action: Web (1d20+28)[46]

Feral Aspect: 3/10 rds remaining
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

The corrupted nature spirit lets loose a burst of positive energy, healing the two front liner combatants and all other living creatures within thirty feet of her, starting to wash away wounds for her comrades in melee range of the metal beast. She then moves to follow it, hoping to confuse whatever passes for it's mind. She adds "If you need something stronger, just let me know."

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard, now that I'm close enough to pull it off: Channel Energy, healing the living, courtesy of the Life spirit. Every living creature in range (30 ft) who wants it gets: (7d6)[25] positive energy healing.
    I don't imagine anyone cares to resist, but if you want for some strange reason, it's Will DC 31 half.

13. - Top - End - #73

Imp

Seeing the creature charge it's beam, Casmar mentally charts it's trajectory and moves out of the way of the beam before it's even fired.

Realizing that he's currently the only person capable of dealing with the creature, Casmar reasons that it might be prudent to try and tear down it's defenses.

Hatching this plan, Casmar will focus his mind, spending power points to flip through the pages of combat tactics in his mind.

Casmar will also try and goad the creature into attacking him, and will attempt to move a bit closer to his allies to better set up the next round's actions. Using his telepathic gifts, Casmar will tell all of the party members the plan for the next round.

Show
    Standard Action: Spend 3 pp. Change out the Extra Combat Talent (Athletics Sphere) for Extra Combat Talent (Brute Sphere).

Move Action: Challenge again (not necessary, since it lasts like 10 rounds, but better safe than sorry.)

Swift Action: Hustle (3 pp) to get a move action. Use said move action to move closer to allies, leaving space for the creature to be between him and his allies.

Spoiler: The Plan for Next Round
    Show
    • Heather starts, and she recasts Haste on the party once she's in range.
    • Darshee is up next, and she goes behind the creature to set up flanking.
    • Then, I run up to the creature, shove it, and attempt to blind it with a Dirty Trick.
    • Next, Izzy comes in with a Charge-Pounce.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-03-05 at 11:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

And just in case. Heather remarks a green ray firing from her hands.

Spoiler
    Show

Dimensional anchor.

(1d20+17)[35]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

The eidolon almost missteps at the last moment but thankfully the web that shoots out manages to wrap around the creature’s “neck”, just behind the guns and angry red light that serves as it’s face. It dangles there as the group recovers briefly and Heather insures that the creature doesn’t try to teleport away or anything.

With a burst of the flames keeping the creature aloft it charges overhead and stays at the cusp of it’s claw’s range. Once more it smashes and shoots into the human that continues to taunt it while maintaining it’s position in the air and at the edge of the object’s space.

Spoiler: Results/Actions
    Show
    Versus just having you yeet yourself off the object and toward the ground Izzy instead manages to lasso the creature and stays at roughly half the length of the webbing on the edge of the object.
    A random AOO for funsies: (2d20)[15][11](26)
    Damage: (2d6+12)[18]

The Dimensional Anchor Sticks.

---Actions---

Taking full advantage of it’s fly speed and reach as it charges towards the group again. It’s at a 20ft diagonal from Casmar. I’ve included Charge and Challenge.
    Vs Normal
    C1A: (1d20+40)[53]
    C1D: (2d6+12)[20]
    C2A: (1d20+40)[53]
    C2D: (2d6+12)[18]

Vs Touch (no Charge factored in)
    G1A: (1d20+29)[34]
    G1D: (8d6)[27]
    G2A: (1d20+29)[49]
    G2D: (8d6)[23]

Show
    I’ll try and figure out some way to do 3d mapping at work tonight or some better way to show this mess.

Object

---On Top of Object (60ft up)---
    Darshee
    Casmar

---20ft from Casmar, 80ft Up---
    Scorpion

---20ft from Casmar, 40ft Up---
    Izzy

---40ft from Object, 20ft from Scorpion and Izzy, on Ground---
    Heather

Tome
    New job, who dis?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The disguised spirit pauses just long enough to see what Heather will do, and growls under her breath "You're not getting my charges today...." as she casts a Heal spell on Casmar, and sees about getting above the metal monstrosity as best she can.

Spoiler
    Show

Delay until Heather goes. After that:
    Standard: Heal. Caster level 14, so 140 HP restored.
    Move: Fly up diagonally to try and get above the beast. If I get a Haste from Heather, great! I can. If not... oh well, at least I'm right next to it.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-03-05 at 10:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Imp

Casmar had prepared for this. He willingly drew the construct's attention to prevent it from going after the others. Still, it was hard to get used to the creature's incredible ferocity combined with it's frightening accuracy. Luckily, between his enhanced durability from his Astral Paper Suit and his momentum-heightened reflexes, he is able to greatly reduce the damage he takes from the creature to mostly cuts and scrapes. However, then the unthinkable happened: the magic that fueled his momentum ability ran out. The change in states was a little disorienting, and, sensing his moment of weakness, the creature gets off a lucky gunshot that pierces straight through him.

This critical hit shatters Casmar's mental focus. However, his mind remains steadfast and resolute, and he manages to keep it together long enough to rally both himself and Izzy. Taking this empowering feeling to the absolute limit, Casmar once more begins to rage! His Sonic-powered jet boots burst to life as he jets towards the creature and bats away it's defending appendages, opening it up for him to slash at the creature's sensory system. As he slashes, his paper blade turns back into individual sheets of paper that line the creature's sensory system, blinding it.

Show

Immediate Action [Last Round]: Cast Empower on self.

Move Action: Move Half speed & Shove the creature.
    Shove Attack: (1d20+35)[36] (vs Touch)
    If successful, creature takes 9 Bludgeoning damage and is battered (-2 to CMD, cannot take attacks of opportunity vs combat maneuvers)

Standard Action [Dirty Trick]: (1d20+63)[78]
    If successful, the creature is blinded for 1 round + 1 round for every 5 with which I passed it's CMD. It can, however, spend a move action to end the effect early, on it's turn.

Immediate Action [After Turn Ends]: Cast Empower on Izzy.

18. - Top - End - #78

BarbarianGuy

Izzy hangs precariously on its web, dangling just over the edge on the object. Looking up, it sees the flying machine blast at Casmar, who quickly retaliates with a slash at the things glowing eye. Gripping the strand with ease, Izzy charges up the web, feeling rallied by its ally above. Just as he had with the Spider, Izzy lashes out with a flurry of hard punches from below.

Show

Empower Effect (+4 Attack, AC, CMB, CMD, Saving Throws)
    Charge at the Scorpion (+2 Attack -2 AC)
    Brawler's Flurry(using Pounce)
    Hit 1 (1d20+39)[59] Dmg (3d8+27)[37]
    Hit 2 (1d20+39)[55] Dmg (3d8+21)[30]
    Hit 3 (1d20+39)[52] Dmg (3d8+21)[37]
    Hit 4 (1d20+39)[48] Dmg (3d8+21)[35]
    Hit 5 (1d20+36)[45] Dmg (3d8+21)[28]
    Hit 6 (1d20+36)[46] Dmg (3d8+21)[36]
    Hit 7 (1d20+36)[53] Dmg (3d8+21)[37]

If Hasted, add +1 to hit to previous rolls
    Hasted Hit (1d20+40)[45] Dmg (3d8+27)[32]

Feral Aspect: 2/10 rds remaining

19. - Top - End - #79

Heather lets out a cry, as liquid silver starts to flow from her, her allies moving with supernatural speed.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast haste on all allies in range.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

The Scorpion makes two last attempts at the foes charging towards it even as it was swarmed. Blinded and unable to properly defend itself from the Eidolon, though, it was soundly pummeled. The last blow, spurred on by the succubus, was enough to cause the fire to flicker and then have the Scorpion fall down towards the ground. It's last act was a dying monotone as it seemed to alert whatever it was relaying the information to that it had been defeated.

Spoiler: One Last Time, with Feeling
    Show
    On a 2 it actually matters: (2d2)[2][1](3)

AOO against Izzy: (2d20)[6][7](13)
    ID: (2d6+12)[17]

CAOO: (1d20+40)[42]
    CD: (2d6+12)[15]

It's a DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid the falling scorpion. On the off chance I crush Izzy with it: (16d6)[53]

For a few seconds there's a silence in the clearing. Now that there isn't a metallic scorpion firing upon the group it's clear that the thing they've been fighting on top of and in front of is no meteor but instead a metallic cone. There's one opening roughly 2/3rds of the way down it that offers a view inside, dim red light spilling out into the light of the clearing. A cursory investigation of the outside reveals what appears to be another entrance at roughly the 1/3rd mark on the same side as the gash, indicated by a glass window big enough for a medium creature to look into the darkness beyond easily enough.

Spoiler: Hark, maybe a map?
    Show
    I done did a Google Slides for the map. Let me know if y'all want something besides letters or if/when things go sideways. Each square is 5ft (AKA both potential openings are roughly 10ft wide).

The Link
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2019-03-09 at 02:49 AM.
    New job, who dis?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Darshee Elazumin Dazeiros looks around for anyone who's still injured, and after tending to any wounds that remain, says "Well... I suppose I should scout ahead." And then does so, ducking a bit into the walls for cover and casting Invisibility for good measure.

Spoiler
    Show
    So... yeah, spontaneous cures over here, plus Channel Energy at the moment. Who needs how much healing?

After that's resolved, Silently casting Invisibility for the +20 to Stealth, and going scouting, making sure to actually try to hide, too, using walls and such as the needed cover.

Stealth: (1d20+56)[66] (includes +20 for the invisibility bonus while moving). Note that as an incorporeal, I don't make sound if I don't want to.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Individuals gather information, consult history, and lightly cook in the radiation.

Spoiler: Casmar
    Show
    Looking between the scorpion and the object you start to piece things together. The scorpion is, in fact, an Annihilator Robot (more or less). It appears to have been a more advanced design, constructed of sturdier materials than what you've read about in such locales as Numeria on Golarion and seemingly quicker with it's guns, but otherwise matches up with reports you've read before.

The object is in fact an Aethership now that you get a better look at it. Constructed within the same solar system as Golarion on the planet Verces they are a mechanical means to travel the cosmos. You suspect what the robot was speaking was the native language of that distant planet. The northern door is most likely the airlock while the southern gash is a result of some sort of malfunction with the ship.
    Combined with what Darshee finds you can assume that the Vercites crashed here and the robot was simply a security protocol. Recalling the circles there's a possibility that Terraformer Robots got out and are making the surrounding area closer to Fullbright as opposed to Darkside.

Spoiler: Darshee
    Show
    I've updated the map to account for the scouting. Almost immediately you're overcome with a necrotic feeling as you realize the entire area is under the effects of Desecrate, in addition to the radiation that you otherwise don't have to really worry about.

The entire ship feels like your classic horror movie. Red emergency lights dimly flicker, obvious signs of damage (in the form of scorch marks and random blood stains), and hastily scrawled messages in the alien's native tongue as the occupants tried to fix the damage done to the ship complete the atmosphere.

The walls are significantly thicker on the outside compared to the inside and you can tell that the area between the shells (light gray on the map) is some sort of liquid. You get a feeling that it's almost like lamp oil, alchemist fire, or any other combustible liquid and that there's a lot of it.

The southern area is dominated by a gargantuan ooze of violet energy. It's surrounded by magnetism and appears to be absolutely wrecking the metal objects within it's room but is otherwise lingering for now. You also see about a dozen semitransparent, undulating ball of protoplasm about four feet in diameter. The balls of protoplasma definitely recognize you're there scouting but I don't entirely want to start combat right away.

The hallway outside the ooze room has two tubes, the left one going up to the shell and a huge sized dome that is otherwise dark while both go down to a storage area. It's all in the same language but appears to be filled with supplies for a possible colonization effort. Several areas look recently disturbed as if the cargo had moved itself (and after discussing it with Casmar you two can recognize the robots had been stored down here).

The room to the north has a sole construct, medium sized. One of this metallic humanoid’s four arms ends in the barrel of a large-bore rifle, while another ends in a spinning circular blade. Its final two arms grasp a massive chainsaw. It also appears to have...something...surrounding it, almost as if it had an animating force that wasn't just the run of the mill robotics you had just dealt with. Surrounding it are a dozen corpses that have been dead for about two weeks. Like with the protoplasma oozes the construct seemingly recognizes your attempt at invisibility without issue and begins to play music as it calls out in a far too cheery voice in the same language as the scorpion. Before combat can begin you duck out of the room.

North of that is a series of rooms that look like they served as bedding for the dozen corpses you had run across in the previous room. Each has a bed, a personal wash closet, a chair, and underneath the bed a simple locker to store belongings. You get the feeling of being on a ship looking at them, although definitely a more advanced and possibly comfortable ship than anything on this planet normally. In four of the rooms you notice a construct, apparently out of commission at the moment, that were constructed to look similar to the corpses you found in the previous room.

As you breach the next section you feel an intense cold wash over you. You look forward and can barely see the unmistakable form of an Ice Devil and a trio of Ice Golems that have apparently opted to stay on alert in response to the fighting outside through a small glass window. You get the feeling that investigating further, and especially the room they're in, will make the cold worse but you also get the feeling that out of everything here they don't have blindsight.

Spoiler: Additional Initiatives
    Show
    New Foes' Initiatives. If the group wants to roll new ones then y'all can roll 'em but I'd like it to be a group consensus.
    Rs: (3d20)[15][3][12](30)
    Is: (2d20)[6][3](9)
    New job, who dis?

23. - Top - End - #83

BarbarianGuy

Izzy manages to jump away from the falling Scorpion, watching as its pummeled body crashes below. Izzy allows itself to relax a little, though it keeps its positioned to strike in the event something new appears. "Well......that takes care of that....I would greatly appreciate it if you would tend my wounds Darshee." Izzy releases a content sigh as the ghostly 'elf' heals its battered form. "Aah.....thank you Darshee, that is much better. And also.....my apologies for simply rushing off like that, I should have been more cautious. Certainly wasn't expecting this thing to have weapons that could pierce my tough hide so easily.....I'll have to keep that in mind for my next evolution....." It says, bowing its head in respect to Darshee.

"Did you find anything of concern or import?" Izzy asks when the spirit makes her way back to the group.

Show

Greatly appreciate that heal, as I'm down 58 hp(was at 269, so not too desperate, but still appreciated)
    Deactiving Feral Aspect for now, but keeping up Dragon Style since that doesn't have a limit

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal is for the thick of battle. Now that we're out of combat, I'll be dropping repeated Cure Light Wounds; if multiple folks were injured, that'd be repeated channel energy. Down by 58, you said?

That's an average of 6.1 Cure Light Wounds; I'll roll seven, and just count spell slots off until you've hit the 58 HP healing.
    (1d8+5)[10]
    (1d8+5)[8]
    (1d8+5)[6]
    (1d8+5)[6]
    (1d8+5)[12]
    (1d8+5)[10]

The spectral nymph goes over what she saw while scouting, and prepares her arrows for later.

Spoiler
    Show
    As noted:
    Wall of Stone + Stone Shape. Should make 8 stone cylinders, each weighing in at 375 pounds, if I'm doing the math right. Stow six in the portable hole, carry two on her shoulder. Combat is unlikely to run long enough for her to need more than two due to the TK recharge time. As long as she's carrying them, they're incorporeal....

Basically long stone cylinders, with a point on one end. Can also use them as rollers if we expect traps, but eh.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-03-10 at 07:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The corrupted nature spirit casts a Silent Mage Armor on herself, adds it to anyone who wants one, and then says "Well... let's try the narrow end, I guess?" And leads the way to that one, this time preparing for a fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I'll take that Energy Resistance vs. Cold. I'll use my slots in case the communal one gets dispelled off of everyone.

And I'll make sure to pick up Channel The Gift later, so I can power my low-level Druid utility slots from my Oracle side.

26. - Top - End - #86

Heather will follow slowly, clearly not thrilled to be meeting demons.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

After discussing the findings among yourselves for a moment Izzy ultimately opts to stand guard lest something else attacks the object after the Eidolon clears the minor obstacle of a locked door. They keypad next to it has a rectangular screen and twelve buttons, ten of them clearly numbered 1-0 while the remaining two clear the numbers from the screen. Before it can be tested too much further the side door is bashed in until a hole big enough for Casmar and Heather to crawl through. The door just beyond appears to have similar mechanics but is easily forced open by the nature spirit's telekinesis, roughly half as thick as the outer door.

As Casmar gets closer to next set of doors they slowly slide open, powered by the same residual power that operates the flickering red lights. Just beyond the chill is clearly coming from the northern room, the wall covered in frost and the vague notion that it'll only be colder when they enter the room proper. Bloody stains can be seen on the ground leading towards the south as if the dead were dragged there. Finally the sense of radiation that lingered outside of the object can clearly be felt within as they draw closer to the source of it.
    New job, who dis?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The disguised spirit inquires "Shall we go see about the cold day in Cocytus first? Should be just to the right there." She heads that direction, watching for unexpected surprises as she goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    In Case of need:
    Perception: (1d20+35)[42]

29. - Top - End - #89

Imp

Seeing the doors open on their own confirms Casmar's fears. They were being watched. The enemy was already aware of them. There was a rather high chance that they would be walking directly into a trap. Curses, of all days not to emulate the mythos of a Trickster...no matter. He would protect his companions through thick and thin. Spending 3 power points, he opened his mind to his books on combat drills, as well as getting the attention of multiple enemies at once. He also let loose a bit of his magical power, letting it flow in small sparks of energy around him and allies near him. With that, he summons his Paper Blade, thinning it's edge to the utmost. With that, he attempts to make contact with the creatures.

Show

Casmar expends and regains his psionic focus. This recovers his singular mirror image, as well as the temp hp from his Guardian Narrative.
    Casmar spends 3 power points to gain Extra Combat Talent: Mass Challenge, from the Guardian Sphere. He looses access to the Brute Sphere.
    Casmar spends 1 spell point to activate Momentum once more. Momentum Pool is at 16/16. Spell Pool is at 20/22.
    Casmar spends a move action to re-Form his Mind Blade as a Slashing one-handed weapon (previously a 2 handed Bludgeoning weapon, IIRC).

Here's the last part, Casmar has access to Telepathic Gift. This gives him telepathy with a range of 200 ft + 10 ft/2 levels (270 ft total). He can use this to communicate with any creature in range, regardless of language. Before using this ability however, Casmar will make a Knowledge Engineering check to make sure that the door opened remotely, because of the enemies, rather than because it's an automatic door or broken or something. If it's true that the door was opened by the Ice Devil and the Ice golems, then he'll attempt a telepathic diplomacy check to figure out who these people are and what exactly they want. If he can tease out bits of useful info about what to expect moving forward, he'll also attempt to do so during conversation. If the Ice Devil and/or other sentient creatures aren't behind the door opening, then he won't bother.

Knowledge (Engineering): (1d20+30)[42]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+25)[41]
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-03-19 at 11:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Imp

It seems as if the others are frozen, whether by fear or by some ability of the enemy, Casmar knows not. However, Casmar will still continue to step forward, without backing down from the challenge. Using the information gathered by the ghostly Darshee, he will make a beeline for the enemies. After all, he's still got a job to do.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+18)[26]
    Since he doesn't have Advanced Study (he chose instead to grab Mass Challenge), he still has the Clockwatcher counter as a readied maneuver. He can use it to act in the surprise round, should the enemies be able to achieve one on him.

Show
    Thought I might as well breathe some life into this thread. I'd prefer not having to solo the encounter, but if need be, I wouldn't be opposed to trying. Let's just deal with things as they come, I guess.