New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XV: This is my Thu'um Stick

Which is why two of my goto magic mods have summonable inventories. Deep Storage for Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim, and the Midas Luggage from Midas Magic. (Sadly Midas is only available for Oldrim.)

I've done stealth archery... it's very strong, but I find it so boring. I much prefer stealth melee. Sneak up and hit them for 15/30x damage.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

I think that both Skyrim and FO3/New Vegas have rather abruptly found out that in a game with a lot of freedom of movement, where you can frequently see the enemies coming, shooting them when they're not looking is an extremely effective tactic... just like it is in real life. In both cases, the previous instalments didn't really have this option. Stealth in Morrowind was a huge pain and I don't think ranged weapons had any bonuses from it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I think that both Skyrim and FO3/New Vegas have rather abruptly found out that in a game with a lot of freedom of movement, where you can frequently see the enemies coming, shooting them when they're not looking is an extremely effective tactic... just like it is in real life. In both cases, the previous instalments didn't really have this option. Stealth in Morrowind was a huge pain and I don't think ranged weapons had any bonuses from it.
    They didn't, but it was possible to remain stealthed and shoot enemies at the same time. They would run in circles because you were invisible to them.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    They didn't, but it was possible to remain stealthed and shoot enemies at the same time. They would run in circles because you were invisible to them.
    Was that possible with regular stealth in Morrowind? I thought you had to abuse the enchantment system to have 100% constant invisibility for that to work.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Which is why two of my goto magic mods have summonable inventories. Deep Storage for Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim, and the Midas Luggage from Midas Magic. (Sadly Midas is only available for Oldrim.)

I've done stealth archery... it's very strong, but I find it so boring. I much prefer stealth melee. Sneak up and hit them for 15/30x damage.
    I'm almost positive I had a summonable inventory mod that was pretty low-impact in my most recent playthrough.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Was that possible with regular stealth in Morrowind? I thought you had to abuse the enchantment system to have 100% constant invisibility for that to work.
    It was possible if you were far away. They knew they had been attacked and would try to find you, but they wouldn't really search very far (probably because of pathing reasons). If you stayed stealthed and your sneak stat was high enough, enemies would just keep running in circles until they succeeded their perception check.
    Admitedly not all enemies, mostly the low level ones. And at least they gave the impression of searching for you, enemies in Oblivion would just stand in place.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The predefined "archer" class in Morrowind had stealth as a major skill. I remember because it was the first ES character I ever played, and I loved it. With a bound bow, you can take down approximately 90% of targets with a single arrow anyway.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    The predefined "archer" class in Morrowind had stealth as a major skill.
    The predefined Archer class in Morrowind has Sneak as a minor skill; it's Acrobat and Assassin that have both Marksman and Sneak as major skills.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Admitedly not all enemies, mostly the low level ones. And at least they gave the impression of searching for you, enemies in Oblivion would just stand in place.
    Odd, I seem to recall cranking Chameleon up to 100% in Oblivion and enemies panicking and running around when they couldn't find me.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Odd, I seem to recall cranking Chameleon up to 100% in Oblivion and enemies panicking and running around when they couldn't find me.
    Well see, chameleon is not the same thing as stealthed. Chameleon is invisibility, so it's possible for you to be 'detected' but invisible, and that's why enemies run and panic. But it's possible that you remain stealthed after hitting someone, in which case the enemy will not react to his pointy appendage.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Well see, chameleon is not the same thing as stealthed. Chameleon is invisibility, so it's possible for you to be 'detected' but invisible, and that's why enemies run and panic.
    That makes sense.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Firbolg in the Playground

Strictly speaking, Chameleon and Invisibility are two different spells. Invisibility made you undetectable until you activated something or attacked or spoke to someone. Chameleon was percentile and, when brought to 100%, had the same effect of invisibility, but also did not end when you attacked or activated something. You could also sneak while under a <100 Chameleon effect to make yourself harder to spot.

You could get an amulet with 80% Chameleon if you followed a woman asking for your help in the West Gash Region. There also are some rings to complement it and reach 100% that I believe are random (shadowweave and shadowmask rings).
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

The Ring of the Khajiiti?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    That issue is part of the reason I've specced into both archery and two handed fighting in my current build. Although in most cases it usually amounts to "follower rushes ahead while I slowly try to keep up whilst dragging several thousand pounds of loot"
    Yeah, about the only thing I can think of to help with the "follower rushes ahead" is to use AFT to make my follower an archer. They usually don't melee with a bow. Usually. XD

Just don't get in their way or you risk a piercing headache.

Otherwise, your idea is pretty much the best thing you can do. Fire your bow, then switch to melee weapon and rush in with your buddy.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

In Morrowind, it was a cast-on-use Invisibility and speed buff.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yeah, about the only thing I can think of to help with the "follower rushes ahead"
    Have you ever read the in-game book "I Was Summoned by a Mortal"?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Bugbear in the Playground

Amulet of Shadows. The lady in question is Synette Jeline, who asks you to locate and recover a ring which supposedly fell into a nearby pond.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    You could get an amulet with 80% Chameleon if you followed a woman asking for your help in the West Gash Region. There also are some rings to complement it and reach 100% that I believe are random (shadowweave and shadowmask rings).
    The Pawnbroker in Caldera sells a Shadowweave Ring.

There are also: the Ring of Surroundings, Amulet of Heartfire, the pants Caius gives you during the main quest and Whitewalker from Bloodmoon (though it will kill you if you don't cheese it). Plus a bunch of stuff that can get you Chameleon in a smaller amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

In Oblivion you could stack Chameleon potions as long as the effects were different (EX: one with just Chameleon and one with Chameleon and Restore Health) plus the ring from (IIRC) Mania, sometimes the Sigil Stones give Chameleon, aforementioned Ring of Khajiit...

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, of course. I never ran into her in my short jaunt in Morrowind.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

In Oblivion you could stack Chameleon potions as long as the effects were different
    Eh? I don't remember any problem in stacking potions at all. There was a limit of four potions active at any one time, but as far as I remember those four could be anything, including identical.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Have you ever read the in-game book "I Was Summoned by a Mortal"?
    I had not until now. XD

Thanks for that!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Identical sources stack durations, not powers. So you could have a chameleon spell and a chameleon potion, and they'd stack power, but two chameleon potions would stack durations.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Identical sources stack durations, not powers. So you could have a chameleon spell and a chameleon potion, and they'd stack power, but two chameleon potions would stack durations.
    I remember I didn't use chameleon potions much, that may have been due to them being difficult to make (rare ingredients?), or it may have been something about how they stacked, but I did use feather potions a lot, and they certainly stacked power not duration (you got a lot of duration, and a lot of power, but it was definitively the power that stacked with feather potions).
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I remember I didn't use chameleon potions much, that may have been due to them being difficult to make (rare ingredients?)
    *checks* Bloodgrass is fairly common early game but the two non-Oblivion-realm-specific ingredients I used the most (St. Jahn's Word Nectar and Columbine Root Pulp) are common in the world but require Expert level for Chameleon. (My most common method for clearing out inventory is to burn through alchemical reagents and see what pops out, so getting to Expert is rarely a problem for me. ) If you're not OCD about grabbing every regent that crosses your path, and/or don't usually level Alchemy that high, that might be why.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Anybody know of a mod to spare the Ebony Warrior? You know, something along the lines of "you're challenging me to a fight to the death because you've gotten too powerful? How about fighting, I dunno, Alduin, or that Harkon guy, or whatever. Do something useful with your life instead of challenging the potential savior of the world to a duel to cure your malaise of boredom."
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

If you're fighting the Ebony Warrior, it's because you leveled so high there's nothing else that can possibly challenge you. It's not a person, it's Bethesda giving you someone as OP as you to fight.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Anybody know of a mod to spare the Ebony Warrior? You know, something along the lines of "you're challenging me to a fight to the death because you've gotten too powerful? How about fighting, I dunno, Alduin, or that Harkon guy, or whatever. Do something useful with your life instead of challenging the potential savior of the world to a duel to cure your malaise of boredom."
    I have this issue with the Old Orcs.

"Hey, you want a fight to the death? Why not go pick a fight with one of those dragons swooping around? And if by some chance you win, then plainly you're not as useless as you think you are."

The Ebony Warrior at least has the excuse that he's trying to get to Sovngarde, which is normally a Nord-specific afterlife. It does kind of make me wonder what he has against the Far Shores though.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

I have this issue with the Old Orcs.

"Hey, you want a fight to the death? Why not go pick a fight with one of those dragons swooping around? And if by some chance you win, then plainly you're not as useless as you think you are."

The Ebony Warrior at least has the excuse that he's trying to get to Sovngarde, which is normally a Nord-specific afterlife. It does kind of make me wonder what he has against the Far Shores though.
    If the old orc wins against a dragon,then the old orcs a freaking dragonborn that isn't the last one, thats kind of a huge deal....so I doubt that would happen.

I've never encountered the ebony warrior, so I don't know how to feel about them yet, because I have yet to reach the point where they are a thing even though I've been playing the game for years. but then again I've modded my game to ridiculous extremes and have become overpowered in ways that don't involve leveling, so maybe thats it, because when you have mods to be very high-powered, the need to level a skill kind of becomes irrelevant to the thing you can abuse to bypass all that and just have the fun you want. but then again one of my mods puts in powerful enemies with crazy custom magic that I'm pretty sure are nothing the the ebony warrior can match or replicate, so he might not be an issue for me if I do ever see him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    If the old orc wins against a dragon,then the old orcs a freaking dragonborn that isn't the last one, thats kind of a huge deal....so I doubt that would happen.

I've never encountered the ebony warrior, so I don't know how to feel about them yet, because I have yet to reach the point where they are a thing even though I've been playing the game for years. but then again I've modded my game to ridiculous extremes and have become overpowered in ways that don't involve leveling, so maybe thats it, because when you have mods to be very high-powered, the need to level a skill kind of becomes irrelevant to the thing you can abuse to bypass all that and just have the fun you want. but then again one of my mods puts in powerful enemies with crazy custom magic that I'm pretty sure are nothing the the ebony warrior can match or replicate, so he might not be an issue for me if I do ever see him.
    Non-dragonborn can beat dragons easily enough, they just cant keep them permanently dead. I do wish they had showcased why this is in any way meaningful though, given that we seem to be the only one actually going out and killing dragons anyway.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”