New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of the Brelish Crown IC

Katriel banged through the front door.

“Mom, I’m home,” she called.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Alestair Deskane

Thot turned and aimed as soon as he heard footsteps, his heart racing. When he saw the figure to be that of a humanoid, he relaxed a bit, and when he heard her speak, he lowered his bow. He motioned for her to be silent and pointed towards the inside of the breach.

He was about to go in when the goblin stirred, making him jump back and train his bow at its direction. Thot again lowered his weapon when he saw that it was already on its last breath. It looked like it wanted something, but let the girl - Thot now wasn't sure she was human at this distance - go help it.

Seeing no threat nearby yet, Thot moved towards the other goblin bodies and inspected them. He searched and emptied pockets, placing everything in them in his own, took any pouches they had on them, and took any one pack he could before going back to watch the tunnel. When he heard the buzzing and saw movement, he backed up and tapped the girl on her shoulder.

"Save your prayers for later. We need to run. Now," he whispered before beginning to move as fast as he could silently.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Alanna shrugs at Sorlanda, but nods to the professor and replies, "Of course. And once we get back, we can discuss my pay for this little adventure."

As they walk back, Alanna, after some thought, replies to Sorlanda's question, "I mean...Probably. I have a suspicion myself that this little group is somehow connected to the Lord of Blades, which makes me think that whatever they have planned it won't be anything good for any of us."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Katriel
    Show
    Katriel's mother is in the kitchen doing her best to stretch the family's meager food supply into a meal. Instead of the famously spicy food Breland is known for just flour and water go into making a simple flatbread to go with thin soup, but her mother gives Kat a brave smile and focuses on brighter things, "Tommas is sleeping well. I think the treatments are helping!" She turns the flatbread on the stove and stirs her pot. "You should wash. Dinner will be ready soon."

Tessy sits at the table playing with a thread bare doll whose straw hair is dirty and frayed. "I'm not hungry," she declares. "You can give mine to Tommy. I want him to get better so that he can play with me again!" The little girl's stomach rumbles loudly, belying her claim.

Katriel's mother's eyes fill with tears but she quickly turns away from Tess to face the stove and wipes her eyes with her apron. Her voice is firm and kind when she speaks, "We can't have any of that, now. What would Tommas say if he gets better and finds that his sisters have gone all to skin and bones in the mean time?"

Spoiler: Alestair & Iridae
    Show
    Retreating back to the foundry, the two scouts are greeted by leveled crossbows and heavy tools from behind overturned tables. One of the workers turns ghostly pale and cries, "Look out!" Alestair and Iridae are forced to dodge aside as the sharp thwack of crossbows signal the launch of several missiles in their direction.

Two of the quarrels spark off the walls illuminating the tunnel in a shower of white and yellow light. The third strikes true smacking home into a creature the size of a large dog, but with chitinous flesh and monstrous, vaguely reptilian features. There are shrieks of alarm and the foundry workers throw themselves the the floor behind their makeshift cover as the thing darts forward on wasp like wings, into the main chamber. As it passes over its long blade-like forelimbs flash out and bite huge gouges out of the wood of the barricades. There is a cry of pain from behind one.

Spoiler: About that time
    Show
    Roll for Initiative!

Flying Kython (1d20+2)[8]

Spoiler: Alanna, Clamp, & Soranda
    Show
    The strange group passes south through the city making for Morgrave University. However on the skybridge between Central and Menthis the are accosted. The rain falls freely here and the lights from Sharn's everbright lanterns are fewer and farther between. On a night like tonight those members of the watch that are on patrol are likely to be sticking close to the eaves of the city's towers rather than wandering out the the very edges of their districts to get soaked by the open sky.

Under the light of one of the Lanterns, Cutter casts off her hood and cloak drawing her blade. "We have unfinished business, fleshlings," she declares. Her frozen eyes snap to Clamp and she addresses him while squaring her stance against Alanna and the Provost. "Brother, come away from these weaklings, or better yet, break your chains and cast them from these ramparts. Our prophet would welcome one such as you with open arms."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Katriel

“Mom,” Katriel said, following her mother back to the kitchen, “here.”

She placed the pouch of 25 gold coins on the counter next to the soup.

She thought about saying more, but until treatments started she wouldn’t get her mother’s hopes up.

“I don’t know when there will be more,” she said, “but I’ll do what I can.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuraphile View Post
    Show
    The strange group passes south through the city making for Morgrave University. However on the skybridge between Central and Menthis the are accosted. The rain falls freely here and the lights from Sharn's everbright lanterns are fewer and farther between. On a night like tonight those members of the watch that are on patrol are likely to be sticking close to the eaves of the city's towers rather than wandering out the the very edges of their districts to get soaked by the open sky.

Under the light of one of the Lanterns, Cutter casts off her hood and cloak drawing her blade. "We have unfinished business, fleshlings," she declares. Her frozen eyes snap to Clamp and she addresses him while squaring her stance against Alanna and the Provost. "Brother, come away from these weaklings, or better yet, break your chains and cast them from these ramparts. Our prophet would welcome one such as you with open arms."
    "One such as me? You do not know me. My loyalty is earned. Not given,...or chained for that matter."

Clamp drops into a fighting stance.

"It does not have to go this way..."

Spoiler: Skills (if needed)
    Show

Perception +6
    Sense Motive +6
    Knowledge Religion +3

Spoiler: Assuming it goes the way I think it is going to go...
    Show
    initiative - (d20+2)[9]
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Soranda rejoices when enemies ignore her... at her height it doesn't often happen. She unstraps the crossbow from her back and undoes the peace straps, cocking it with her foot by the stirrup and placing a bolt in it. At first one might think it a heavy crossbow, but by the way she is handling it, it is actually a light crossbow... sized for a large being.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Iridae ducked as the crossbow bolts flew over her head, but she rolled to keep her momentum and spun around, now facing the oncoming kython. She then fired a blast of magic at it, hoping to down it before it could cause any more injury.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Eldritch Blast: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Alestair Deskane

The dark-skinned youth dodged the opposite way as the girl, also keeping his movement forward to distance himself and the buzzing sound growing nearer and nearer behind him. He kept running while retrieving and arrow and nocking it, and making sure he was far enough, he went around some stack of supplies, turned the corner, aimed, and let loose.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Move any direction full 30 feet away from the kython, preferrably somewhere that can provide cover.
    Short bow: (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+4)[8]
    Damage: (2d6)[6]

10. - Top - End - #100

Show
    As Katriel and her mother stand alone in the kitchen, a troubled look crosses the older woman's face. She reaches out and cups her daughters cheek in her careworn hand. Katriel can see the struggle in her mother's eyes. The warring desires to protect all of her children and her wish to ask Kat about the money. With a sigh she turns back to her cooking. Her voice cracks as she says, "Bless you child. And may the Host keep you safe."

Tess comes back from washing her face and hands, trailing Artan, causing an abrupt shift in the conversation. The meal is plain but the family makes up for it with good company, and for a moment Katriel is able to forget about what her life has become.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    So, at this point I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with your storyline. At some point here the others will contact you but it seems incredibly unsatisfying to just wait around for that to happen. Does Katriel have any other motivations we could explore? Maybe a vice or a hobby. Perhaps she would ignore Aran's warning and pursue her own investigations of the Order of the Emerald Claw. We could have one of the other children experience some kind of problem... Send you to Morgrave or something like that.

Spoiler: Alestair & Iridae
    Show
    Both magic and arrow strike the flying monstrosity and its bellows out its pain. Swooping low, the creature tries to savage a nearby worker, but one of the more clever types takes a shovel and bangs it on the side of one of the giant metal crucibles. The clang reverberates throughout the foundry and the kython flops sideways away from the sound, momentarily stunned before leaping back into the air.

The blades of its forearms produce an unsettling whistle as it buzzes about on those four gossamer wings. Venomous saliva drips from its open maw just as blood trickles from its wounds. Workers cower in fear behind anything that seems solid as the trio with crossbows frantically hurry to reload their weapons. A low moan comes from behind the splintered barricade and a frantic voice calls for help while the overseer shouts curses and orders.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    The Kython is in the main foundry room, buzzing around the ceiling, approximately 40 ft. overhead. So far it appears to be the only one that has journeyed this far from the hive.

Show
    Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion)
    Show
    The Lord of Blades is known to many as the prophet of the warforged. He is a vague figure that is said to live out in the ruins of old Cyre, the Mournland. His followers are fanatically devoted to him and his teachings, which preach the superiority of the warforged over the weak, fleshling races. Cells of his followers have been known to carry out guerrilla style attacks against virtually every civilized nation on the continent in pursuit of his goals.

Cutter's face does not change but the contempt drips from her words, "Traitor. This is exactly the way this has to go. I have my orders."

Larus squeaks with fear. "I-I'll fetch the watch!" he says turning back the way they came.

Show
    I would like to give Alanna a chance to do something, the same way Clamp and Soranda have, before the fight gets going in earnest, but yeah, there's unlikely to be anything but a fight. As such, initiative is in order:
    Cutter: (1d20)[19]

The sky bridge is 20 ft. wide and extends for about a hundred feet in either direction. Below is the chasm between Sharn's Central Plateau and Menthis Plateau. Other sky bridges cross the gap but none are terribly close in this part of the city. Everbright lanterns are posted every 30 ft on either side of the bridge. The outer rail is four feet high, made of wood, and several inches thick. The surface of the bridge is wet from falling rain. Cutter is 20 feet from the party.

Any other questions just ask.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Alanna laughs as she draws her glaive, replying, "We do indeed. I need to get that package back after all. Khyber below, I'd even be willing to give you a refund for it, but if you're gonna be nasty about it..." She circles towards the edge of the walk, trying to negotiate into a position in which Cutter is between her and the edge of the bridge.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Initiative! (1d20)[10]

Going to prep an action to cast Gust of Wind using my dragonmark if and only if Cutter attempts to charge myself or one of my allies.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Alestair Deskane

Before the arrow even lands, Thot's shaking hand had already found the quiver and looking for the next arrow. His heart was racing, but he had learned to keep his emotions from showing. At least on his face at this moment. Seeing his arrow hit its target gave him a boost of confidence. He had practiced a lot for this, he told himself. After a deep breath, he began to calm down.

He looked around and, spotting another place to take cover behind him, moved towards it while nocking his arrow. He ducked behind, drew his bow, peered around the corner, aimed, and fired once more.

"Take it down, fast!" he barked at the defenders. "There's more comin'!"

Spoiler: Turn 2
    Show
    Move to another cover spot as far from the thing as his 30 ft. movement allows.
    Shortbow: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (2d6)[8]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? More of these pests?” Iridae sighed as she fired another bolt at the existing kython.

Show
    (1d20+4)[13] (v touch)
    (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-01-18 at 06:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20+1)[3]

As the action begins, Soranda... seemingly does not. She is chanting softly in a language that seems to have many clicks, pops and glottal stops that almost sounds like machinery working, and yet it is clearly words - not sound effects. As she does so, her fingers are tracing sygaldry across the wood of her crossbow that seem to leave faint glowing lines behind them that seem to absorb into the weapon itself.

Action: Burning 1 Action Point to cast the Infusion: Weapon Augmentation, Personal onto the crossbow in a single round. Adding the effect: Bane vs. Warforged onto the weapon.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #105

BlueKnightGuy

Larus squeaks with fear. "I-I'll fetch the watch!" he says turning back the way they came.
    "Do not trouble them, provost! We can handle one terrorist. I am sure we can learn useful things from this one if the watch is not in the way."
    Last edited by fallensavior; 2019-01-18 at 08:41 AM.
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

16. - Top - End - #106

Show
    Katriel awakes the next morning as a presence makes itself felt within her mind. "Katriel," Aran's voice that only she can hear says, "Emerald Claw investigation proceeding apace. New assignment for you. Situation developing in the Cogs, D'wor Foundry. Other Lanterns already in play. Provide assistance, Aran."

Spoiler: Alestair, Iridae, & Katriel
    Show
    More crossbow bolts sail up at the creature and again one finds its mark as the other two bounce off the ceiling. The movements of the kython become slower, even sluggish and the buzz of its wings drops several notes in frequency. However the beast still screams its challenge and workers cover their ears in terror.

Some of the closer and more collected men, dwarves, and goblins rush to force the makeshift barricades against the tunnel opening. A warforged grabs a hook used for moving the great crucibles and with the end still glowing red hot rushes towards the others, using its height to stab over the boards at something in the tunnel beyond The injured worker is dragged to a corner and one of his fellows presses a dirty shirt against his bleeding abdomen.

The kython tucks into a reckless dive, spearing straight for Iridae, its maw gaping wide.

Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show
    Bite - (1d20+2)[5]
    Crit Confirmation; (1d20+2)[3]
    Damage: (2d6)[7]
    Crit Damage: (2d6)[12]

As Katriel approaches the D'wor Foundry a wave of humanity rushes towards her. People flee in abject horror, pushing and jostling, each concerned only with getting themselves as far from whatever has caused their fear as possible. Forcing her way through the crowd, Katriel arrives at the entrance and observation platform for the foundry. An unnatural shriek pierces her skull and she feels a twinge of the same fear that drove the panic outside. Suddenly the creature making all the racket rises into view on four buzzing wings and hovers inches from the vaulted ceiling.

Show
    Thundercracker, you can roll initiative but it doesn't particularly matter. Just jump into the fight, or do whatever it is Katriel would do in this situation.

Show
    Larus stops in his tracks and gulps visibly, but steels himself for the fight, ready to keep out of the way. Cutter drops her sword into a fool's guard and rises to her full height. Her words slide from contemptuous to mocking, "What makes you think I am alone?"

Motion at the side of the bridge draws all eyes as a small, slender warforged climbs up from below. His mouth hinges open and he places a plate with a protruding tube against his metal lips. There is a sharp puff and a dart, feathered with crimson down, zips though the night air making straight for Provost Weren's throat.

Cutter roars a challenge in a voice like grinding stones and charges forward intent on finishing her duel with Alanna. The heir of House Lyrandar is ready for her. With a flick of her wrist Alanna calls to life the Mark of Storms and it blazes like a flash of lighting on her hand. The winds gather at her call and wrap around her body, howling down her arm and turning the rain sideways.

Spoiler: Cutter's Fortitude Save
    Show
    DC 14 (1d20+5)[25]
    Spoiler: If Successful
    Show
    Cutter pushes her heavy metal frame through the sudden blast heedless of Alanna's blade and flicks her own sword up and across, hewing at her foe's hated flesh.
    Spoiler: Attack Rolls
    Show
    Falcion - (1d20+5)[17]
    Crit Confim 18-20: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (2d4+6)[12]
    Crit Damage: (2d4+6)[13]

Spoiler: Warforged Scout's Attack
    Show
    Blowgun - (1d20+5)[6]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: 3+(1d6)[4] Sneak Attack
    Crit Damage: +1
    Spoiler: If Larus is hit
    Show
    The elderly scholar clutches at his throat, the vibrant plumage of the dart sticking out between his fingers. His shock quickly turns to agony as he collapses to the damp boards of the skybridge. His hand falls away to reveal dark veins emanating from the wound.
    Spoiler: Larus' Fortitude Save vs Poison
    Show
    DC 11 (1d20-1)[0]
    Last edited by Obscuraphile; 2019-01-18 at 04:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

ooc: So, I assume that the blogun missed and Soranda is carrying out the action previously stated. :)
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

The flying kython dove straight for Iridae, but with a shout and a roll, she dodged its attack. In retaliation, she threw another bolt of magic at the hideous creature.

Show
    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-01-18 at 07:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Alestair Deskane

"Watch out!" the dark-skinned young man shoted before firing another arrow at the diving kython.

Spoiler: Turn 3
    Show
    Shortbow: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+4)[19]
    Crit damage: (2d6)[11]

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

Clamp charges the small Warforged and goes for a trip.

Show
    Melee touch (d20+6)[20]
    Spoiler: if successful
    Show
    Opposed Strength [roll][/roll]d20+12
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage) (d20+6)[24]
    Show
    damage(d8+4)[6]
    crit confirm (d20+6)[8]
    crit damage (d8+4)[10]
    plus a free grapple attempt (dropping the staff) (d20+12)[15]
    Show
    spike damage(d8)[6]
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

“What..” Katriel said out loud, then she jumped up.

“I’m on my way,” she said in reply, hoping that her sleep addled ‘what’ didn’t make it through.

She pulled on her equipment as quickly as she could and grabbed a slice of bread on her way out. She knew she could make it there faster than most, she just hoped it was in time for... whatever was happening.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Katriel

Arriving and looking up at the monstrosity above, Katriel fought the urge to flee. This is what she had signed up for??

But lots of people were attacking the monster, what was behind the door, that people were barricading?

She launched an eldritch bolt at the flying creature and then rushed over to the barricade to take a look.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[18] ranged touch
    (1d6)[4]
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113

Show
    The assassin's dart goes wide with a soft buzz and Clamp races over striking the hidden attacker with his staff before hauling the tiny warforged over the rail to slam into the ground with Calmp's spiked knee driving hard against its back. The small metal man goes limp against the damp boards of the skyway.

Cutter lets out a shriek of pure rage and charges again, this time at Clamp. "Die, traitor!"

Spoiler: Attack Rolls
    Show
    Cutter has now provoked 2 AoOs from Alanna, one coming in and one going out, which I will resolve here.
    AoO #1; Glaive - (1d20+4)[6]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[9]
    Critical Damage: (1d10+4)[12]

AoO #2; Glaive - (1d20+4)[7]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[7]
    Crit Damage: (1d10+4)[14]

Spoiler: If Cutter survives
    Show
    Cutter's blade, wet with rain water and Alanna's blood, flashes down at Clamp's unprotected back.
    Falcion - (1d20+7)[27]
    Crit Confirmation 18-20: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (2d4+6)[11]
    Crit Damage: (2d4+6)[12]

Initiative:
    Alanna 10
    Clamp 9
    Small Warforged 7
    Cutter 6
    Soranda 3

Spoiler: Alestair, Iridae, & Katriel
    Show
    A new blast of energy, not unlike Iridae's comes flashing out from atop the stairs. It strikes the Kython in the side of the head and the beast begins to fall sideways. The three crossbowmen frantically reload as the monster crashes to the ground with bone breaking force. Katriel appears at the top of the stairs descending quickly. There is no time for introductions as the scrabbling clicks of claws on stone herald the coming of a kython swarm.

"Noishe! We need noise!" the foreman slurs managing to form the word better the second time around. "It might keep them back!"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Katriel didn’t stop to think about what was going on.. if she did she was afraid she’d run in terror which exactly what any normal person would have done. Instead she started focusing her energy again as she stared past the splintered barricade.

Blue and white flames surrounded her fists as she concentrated.

Spoiler
    Show
    summon a bat swarm (most appropriate since these things fly, right?)beyond the barricade to harry whatever is behind them.

Knowledge the planes? to know what we’re dealing with. 8, or take 10 if possible as Katriel isn’t really under attack right now, otherwise(1d20+8)[11]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-01-18 at 11:32 PM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Alanna's eyes go wide with shock as Cutter simply forges through the wind unphased, and ends up unable to defend herself from Cutter's attack. She's cut deeply across the shoulder, and weakly flails with her glaive, caught off guard and unable to strike back as Cutter withdraws and goes after Clamp. After a moment to recompose herself, she moves forwards, striking angrily at Cutter once more with her Glaive.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Power Attack! (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[12]

26. - Top - End - #116

BlueKnightGuy

Clamp grunts in pain as Cutter's falchion nearly bowls him over. Then he wheels around, lines up across from Alanna, and unleashes a flailing flurry of fists, attempting to subdue Cutter with his iron grip.

Show
    Free action: 5 Foot Step into flanking position
    Full Attack action: Flailing Strike # of extra attacks - (d4-1)[0]

Secondary Slam #1: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+0)[6]
    if successful: [roll=opposed str][/roll]d20+13
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+0)[15]
    Show
    damage - (d6+2)[7]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[6]
    crit damage - (d6+2)[5]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[24]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[3]
    Regular attack: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[29]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[12]

Flailing Strike #1: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[17]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[13]

Flailing Strike #2: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[18]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[10]

Flailing Strike #3: grapple check to pin - (d20+13)[26]

Spoiler: if failed
    Show
    Secondary Slam #2: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+0)[4]
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+0)[20]
    Show
    damage - (d6+2)[4]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[7]
    crit damage - (d6+2)[3]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[29]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[5]
    Regular attack: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[15]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[16]

Flailing Strike #1: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[20]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[8]

Flailing Strike #2: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[21]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[16]

Flailing Strike #3: grapple check to pin - (d20+13)[17]

Show
    Regular attack: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+5)[24]
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+5)[11]
    Show
    damage - (d8+4)[10]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[4]
    crit damage - (d8+4)[5]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[27]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[1]
    Flailing Strike #1: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[18]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[11]

Flailing Strike #2: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[23]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[8]

Flailing Strike #3: grapple check to pin - (d20+13)[15]

Show
    Flailing Strike #1: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+5)[16]
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+5)[6]
    Show
    damage - (d8+4)[8]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[17]
    crit damage - (d8+4)[5]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[17]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[4]
    Flailing Strike #2: grapple check to damage - (d20+13)[15]
    Show
    nonlethal damage - (2d8+4)[13]

Flailing Strike #3: grapple check to pin - (d20+13)[22]

Show
    Flailing Strike #2: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+5)[6]
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+5)[14]
    Show
    damage - (d8+4)[11]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[10]
    crit damage - (d8+4)[6]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[32]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[5]
    Flailing Strike #3: grapple check to pin - (d20+13)[23]

Show
    Flailing Strike #3: trip attempt melee touch - (d20+5)[18]
    Show
    bonus attack (going for non-lethal damage)(d20+5)[22]
    Show
    damage - (d8+4)[9]
    crit confirm - (d20-2)[5]
    crit damage - (d8+4)[12]
    plus a free grapple attempt(d20+13)[29]
    Show
    spike damage - (d8)[5]

"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Soranda fires her crossbow at Cutter as she charges from one target to another.

Show
    Rolls done accidentally in the ooc thread. 19 to hit, 19 crit confirm, 6 damage, 6 bane damage, not sure if a warforged takes crit damage, but if they do...

Critical Damage - (2d6)[5]

So, total damage = 17?
    Last edited by Wiz; 2019-01-19 at 04:34 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Iridae yelled “I can’t do noise but I can keep them back!” as she raised her hands and fired a jet of hot air.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Use Scalding Gust, directed towards the oncoming kythons.

Iridae then turned to the newcomer. “You a warlock too?
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-01-19 at 09:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Alestair Deskane

Thot looked up at the new person who appeared from above, but only for a split second. She didn't seem like a threat, at least not to him or the others here. The buzzing and screeching things beyond the barricade though, he was sure was out to get them. And not just some adversarial kind of going at them. It was something more primal, the need for sustenance kind.

"Noishe! We need noise!" the foreman slurs managing to form the word better the second time around. "It might keep them back!"

Noise?

He crunched his forehead and tried to recall any piece of information he could. He remembered a book about Khyber, an entry on these creatures, how they had the ability to "see" not unlike that of bats, and it clicked for him.

The dark skinned man replaced his arrow and looked around for anything with metal. Seeing a shovel on the ground, he picked it up and banged it hard against the metal cart.

"Everyone not shootin', make very loud noises! These creatures see like bats. Noise'll blond 'em! Metal on metal. Explosions! Do it! Move!"

30. - Top - End - #120

Show
    Cutter's blade scours a horrible furrow from the base of Clamp's neck to the base of his spine. Soranda's bolt sails in from the side and punches through Cutter's composite plating with a loud crunch, and Alanna's glaive give's Cutter a wound to match Clamp's. Then the bigger warforged rises puts his shoulder into her chest. As she over balances Clamp slams a fist into her metal jaw, knocking her hard to the ground and following her down to drive a spike through her sword arm.

Then all is quiet on the skybridge except for the patter of rain and the panting of the survivors. Alanna and Clamp bleed profusely from their wounds, one dark red blood, the other green oil. Provost Weren looks between the two injured combatants wringing his hand. "What do we do?! What do we do!?" he asks Soranda frantically.

Cutter is clearly gone, despite Clamp's desire to take her prisoner the damage is just too extensive for her to have survived. Her small compatriot, however, seems salvageable. As these thoughts pass through the minds of the survivors there is a distinct pop followed by a series of clicking sounds. A clockwork beetle detaches itself from the back of Cutter's hand where it lies still beside her falcion. It buzzes its wings once and rises into the air.

Spoiler: XP Reward
    Show
    Everybody gets 300 XP for the encounter. Rewards are the same for everybody at this point because we're still in the 1-3 range at the bottom of the XP table.

Spoiler: Alistair, Iridae, & Katriel
    Show
    Workers rush to follow Thot's and the foreman's commands grabbing anything that will make a racket.

At the entrance to the tunnel Katriel calls up bats from the shadows and they form into a semi-solid cloud near the entrance, just before Iridae rushes forward and sends a blast of hellish wind howling down the stone shaft. The mass of bats is carried with the air and kython broodlings are battered back along the walls and floor as well, their screams just audible over the wind.

"Hold'er there!" the foreman says slapping Iridae on the shoulder. Bellowing orders the foreman directs the construction of more solid barriers with large flat metal surfaces on the inside. These he instructs several workers to bang on continuously. After a few minutes he taps Iridae on the arm again, "Aye, that's good lass. I think this should hold 'em for now."

Katriel can feel her summoned minons doing battle with the kython's far up the tunnel. Hopefully they can take their fill of shadow bats and will go back in their cave.

Spoiler: XP Reward
    Show
    Alestair & Iridae 300 each for the fight with the Kython. Katriel 100 for the killing blow, and assistance with the barricade.