New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: which character would you go out with?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of A Lich! View Post
    ... Touche...

But I would argue that those aren't V's natural genitalia. Can we rule out that her gender wasn't changed with the polymorph? But, I concede your point. V's Genitals have been talked about before in OotS. :D
    There was also a brief mention in one of the guest strips, but those aren't canonical anyway.

2. - Top - End - #122

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    There was also a brief mention in one of the guest strips, but those aren't canonical anyway.
    Belker also mentions it again early on.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Does she? I remember a daughter being mentioned, but not a husband.
    I would imagine that she would be married. Beautiful women like her arent likely to be single mothers.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    I would imagine that she would be married. Beautiful women like her arent likely to be single mothers.
    Given her career, I think it's very likely she's a single mother. Also, she mentions providing for her daughter but never mentions a husband either as provider or providee.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Given her career, I think it's very likely she's a single mother. Also, she mentions providing for her daughter but never mentions a husband either as provider or providee.
    It never even occurred to me to think of her marital status, but Tarquin has spent much of the last 30 years married to what seems like a series of trophy wives, after all, and the OOTSverse seems like it might have fewer sexual double standards than our own, so it's not unreasonable to think that a high-status woman like her might have a husband who fills a similar role.

She could even be married to one of the other members of the Vector Legion - Shoulder Pad Guy, anyone? - but we have no evidence of that, so it would be silly to assume as much.

(To be clear, I think you're probably right - I just felt it would be interesting to list other possibilities.)
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Son of A Lich! View Post
    I think that whole "Virgin Wife" thing is marketing to pre-teen boys, largely. A dude who isn't sure if he knows how to do the sex wants a partner who is less experienced then he is and submissive. I think this also plays a lot into the inverse of the "Sparkling Vampire" where preteen girls look for guys that they feel a sense of predation that is reserved due to overwhelming feelings of love.

I agree that a Woman that is expressive in her sexuality and is proud of her sexual identity is appealing.... but there are a lot of women in the world that are sexual expressive and not people that I could spend more then an hour with. It's a perk, not a requirement. I'm always hesitant to pursue a woman that is over 20 with her virginity (Though I have made exceptions in the past), simply because I think looking for marriage without testing your sexual compatibility is sweet, but naive. I also don't want to feel like I'm pushing her to do something she isn't comfortable with and sex is a pretty high bar. But on the other side, if she simply hasn't had a partner (Lives at home and never had availability, or bad relationships that shes ditched before they could get intimate, that sort of thing) that takes a load of my mind, but i'm not exactly eager to be in bed with a student. And society does put a lot of value on your 'first', and that kind of raises expectations a lot.

But I'm rambling on gender theory here, so lets get back to Sabrine.

I assumed we would have to hand wave a bunch of things (Like the negative energy drain and the possibility of being murdered afterward), but she is emotionally tied up in Nale tight. At that point, if you are looking for more then a one night stand, you are dating her AND Nale.

And just to remind you, Nale is completely unstable. She may be chaotic evil and he might be lawful evil, but that's where they foil each other best (Nale doesn't plan out what he wants from his excursions, Sabrine helps keep him on track of the bigger picture). Are there forms that shes willing to take for Nale that are off limits to you? Nale is cool with her sleeping around, but that doesn't mean he's cool With you specifically. Remember how he tried to kill his twin brother for the simple fact that he existed? You are sleeping with the love of that guys life, and she holds no loyalty to you.

And, from my perspective, One night stands are like wax fruit. Sure, it'll fill you up, but it's not going to really satisfy anything.

V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about). If we're talking about who we would date, and V is Male, then I'm significantly less attracted to him. If she is female, then... well... I'd still give her space, but I would be open in the future to a few dates to test the waters. If she's not attracted to men, well then it's no sweat off of my back. I'd be just as interested in working out his/her issues as a friend in that case.
    1. I know at least two male persons who did at their time prefer an experienced woman to take their own virginity, given they had the choice. So I think it's a matter of preference, but you are definitely right that it has A LOT to do with how one copes with their own insecurities. The narrowminded surround themselves with people even more insecure, the wise try to learn from the more experienced to advance.
    So, yeah.

2. With Sabine: Obviously, once we start handwaving negative aspects of her away, Nale is one of the first things that have to go!
    In exchange, she can keep the negative levels on touch stuff. That is solvable with potions, even in canon!
    Also, once I establish a relationship with her, I can exchange friendship rings with her. The one she gives to me will of course grant protection from negative energy!
    Really, the most important stuff to change is getting rid of Nale and her desire for him, and her lust for murder and other similar atrocities. I think that should almost do the trick. :-)
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

She could be a widow, or divorced. The daughter is old enough to support herself, so there's no need to keep the relationship going for the sake of the Children at least.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

If we ignore the getting-chomped-by-a-zombie-dragon thing, and the dying-young-due-to-an-incurable-degenerative-disease thing, my first choice is definitely Sangwaan. She's smart, she speaks her mind (and everyone else's), and she's kind. And to everyone referring to Celia as the only pacifist in the strip, I'll point out that we never see Sangwaan fighting, either.

Next choice would be Lien.

I guess that I prefer Lawful Good partners. Celia, though, doesn't interest me much, mostly because she's so out of touch with the Material Plane. And Minrah and I wouldn't have very many interests in common. And of course Miko is right out.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    it's not unreasonable to think that a high-status woman like her might have a husband who fills a similar role.
    Cut to a picture of Dolly Parton's husband ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
    Really, the most important stuff to change is getting rid of Nale and her desire for him, and her lust for murder and other similar atrocities. I think that should almost do the trick. :-)
    Advice before starting a relationship: don't enter in to a marriage, or a relationship, with the goal of changing the one you are attracted to. Accept them as they are. (RL experience there ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quebbster View Post
    She could be a widow
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    I guess that I prefer Lawful Good partners. Celia, though, doesn't interest me much, mostly because she's so out of touch with the Material Plane.
    Uh, she's very much in touch with Roy ...
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2019-01-10 at 11:00 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

10. - Top - End - #130

@Korvin
    The advice is one of the best relationship advices for a lot of people, in my experience predominantly women ("I know I can change him....")

Yet, we are specifically in a thread about fantasizing to go out with fictional characters, so....;-) ;-) ;-)
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.

11. - Top - End - #131

Xykon. Mainly because I would want to watch bones move on their own merit. Very commendable, most bones require muscles, not magic, to move.

Also I know he's not into and does not have the parts for 'that' kind of stuff, so it'd be interesting to nerd out over his powers without any expectation of entering a physical, touch-attack based relationship. Speaking as someone in our world though, I'd like to bounce ideas off an actual lich on ideas for ensuring immortality.

plus he's a sorcerer, so there's fascinating insights we can get from someone who was born to magic rather than learnt their way into it.
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malphegor View Post
    Xykon. .. he's not into and does not have the parts for 'that' kind of stuff ... it'd be interesting to nerd out ...
    Invite Xykon out on a date for a cup of coffee. What could possibly go wrong? (I think that's an SoD reference ...)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2019-01-09 at 11:17 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I really am not attracted to anyone in this comic. I guess if I had to choose, though, I'd go for Bandana. *shrug*
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

14. - Top - End - #134

Xykon might have two words for your quest for immortality, malph:
    "Zombie Malfegor"
    Fights just as hard, lower cost. Problem solved :-D :-D
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
    Xykon might have two words for your quest for immortality, malph:
    "Zombie Malfegor"
    Fights just as hard, lower cost. Problem solved :-D :-D
    Plus if you stay together it's no longer disgusting biophilia!
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Plus if you stay together it's no longer disgusting biophilia!
    This man has a point, you know.
    Attention LotR fans
    Spoiler: LotR
    Show
    The scouring of the Shire never happened. That's right. After reading books I, II, and III, I stopped reading when the One Ring was thrown into Mount Doom. The story ends there. Nothing worthwhile happened afterwards. Middle-Earth was saved.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I love that now we know Durkon has asked himself this thread's main question, canonically, and made a list.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's like, a secret to everybody or whatever.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, we get some answers in fields that I never expected to be addressed. Durkon, at least has entertained the idea. It kinda makes me wonder what the rest of the order thinks about this hypothetical question. How would their lists be ordered?
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Verappo View Post
    I love that now we know Durkon has asked himself this thread's main question, canonically, and made a list.
    It suggests the answer to the question "Which member of the Order would be most likely to participate on this forum if he or she were real and alive today?" might be Durkon.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, we get some answers in fields that I never expected to be addressed. Durkon, at least has entertained the idea. It kinda makes me wonder what the rest of the order thinks about this hypothetical question. How would their lists be ordered?
    I have a strongg suspicion Elan and Haley are top of each other's list (and Roy second, in both cases).
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

21. - Top - End - #141

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: Roy
    Show

Durkon
    Haley
    Vaarsuvius
    Belkar

Spoiler: Haley
    Show

Elan
    Roy
    Durkon
    Vaarsuvius
    [Anyone else]
    Belkar

Spoiler: Vaarsuvius
    Show

Nobody (Still broken-hearted over Inkyrius
    Anyone but Belkar
    Belkar

Spoiler: Elan
    Show

Haley
    Roy
    Vaarsuvius
    Belkar

Spoiler: Durkon
    Show

Roy
    Elan
    Haley
    Belkar
    Vaarsuvius

Spoiler: Belkar
    Show

Haley
    Vaarsuvius
    [rest are unordered]
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-01-09 at 05:19 PM.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, those Belker and Balker fellows really aren't popular. I do wonder what happened to Belkar though, and why he isn't fourth on Durkon's list. Or why Durkon isn't on Elan's either.
    Forum Wisdom

23. - Top - End - #143

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Wow, those Belker and Balker fellows really aren't popular. I do wonder what happened to Belkar though, and why he isn't fourth on Durkon's list. Or why Durkon isn't on Elan's either.
    Oops. Fixed.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Spoiler: Roy
    Show

Durkon
    Haley
    Vaarsuvius
    Belkar

Spoiler: Haley
    Show

Elan
    Roy
    Durkon
    Vaarsuvius
    [Anyone else]
    Belkar

Spoiler: Vaarsuvius
    Show

Nobody (Still broken-hearted over Inkyrius
    Anyone but Belkar
    Belkar

Spoiler: Elan
    Show

Haley
    Roy
    Vaarsuvius
    Belkar

Spoiler: Durkon
    Show

Roy
    Elan
    Haley
    Belkar
    Vaarsuvius

Spoiler: Belkar
    Show

Haley
    Vaarsuvius
    [rest are unordered]
    Why is Belkar's list not completed? I think Belkar would be the male member of the order most open to a same sex relationship - he had no problem kissing V despite not knowing V's sex, and also enjoyed imposing sexual banter on Roy (he even said that he was more comfortable with such banter than Roy becuase he was more secure in his masculinity).

Also on the subject of Belkar, I think he would be higher up on most other people's lists than you do. I'm guessing that you were surprised that Durkon had his as high as four, yet Durkon is the member of the order most diametrically opposed to Belkar in terms of alignment. Those closer to his alignment (everyone else) might have him higher still.

25. - Top - End - #145

It is an interesting topic, to ask the question "Who of the same gender would you make out with?".
    Like, for otherwise hetereosexual people, just as a thought experiment. If you never thought about it, it is fun thought game that brings you down weird paths.
    It's surprising that Durkon has made such a list, though :-)
    We had this as smalltalk topic, but with RW celebs.
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Cut to a picture of Dolly Parton's husband ...
    Holy crap, I had no idea she's been married for 52 years, to a husband who's completely invisible to the public eye.

Anyway, I still think the evidence is that Laurin is unmarried one way or the other, and to what I've said previously I'll add that running what is essentially a long-con criminal enterprise requires a lot of discretion, and the more people who are in on it, the less likely it is to remain secret. (Tarquin's series of wives is its own thing; he's never married to any of them long enough for that to be an issue-- probably not even long enough for one to stick with him through a change of flags-- and he's explicitly avoided having children since his first marriage.)

27. - Top - End - #147

ClericGuy

Yeah, as this is a comic about a bunch of folks I have nothing in common with and are pretty murderous, on balance I'd say "nobody". The closest would be the priestess of the demigod of Heralds, just because she's cute and I'm into information theory so I would honestly be interested in her religion and her job, so we'd have something to talk about. Maybe the cute gnome priestess who makes really tasty holy wafers, because I'm also a foodie.

Casual make-out session if I wasn't married etc? Yeah, there's plenty of possibilities.
    Last edited by Seward; 2019-01-09 at 06:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Yay, another point for winged women!
    (She did have winged boots/sandals, didn't she?)
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Forum Wisdom

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ponchula, definitely. Obviously she's super evil, dating her would be incredibly dangerous, she's a negative energy spirit parading around in someone else's body as a horrible mockery of life, etc., etc. These are all given, so we're just gonna have to move past those. Here's what I do like, however:

• I like that she expresses herself so openly and freely. She was the only vamp to actually celebrate winning, she had no problem telling Durkula what weird, evil thoughts were going through her head, and she'll happily invite others along to join her in doing fun things if she thinks it would make them more fun (poncho requirements for those fun things notwithstanding).
    • I like the casual energy she has, even when she's approaching monumental tasks. Her spirits were high the whole time she was working to force a vote that would end the world, and I have to say, I really appreciate that about her.
    • I like pale skin, dark hair, and striking eyes, and she's got all of those in spades.

Basically, she's like an evil, slightly more grounded, more physically attractive (to my tastes), vampire girl Elan, which is exactly my type.

As a slightly-less-silly response to this already-very-silly premise, probably Haley. I would be endlessly attracted to her commitment to uplifting the downtrodden -- I would swoon right away if on the first date she mentioned that time she spent a whole day freeing slaves or the time she was the leader of a resistance in an occupied city. That said, her habit (or neurosis) of being rather emotionally closed off would frustrate me to no end, and she seems to be among the less willing to crack silly jokes among the Order's ranks. If I was in the Azure City resistance, I would have probably harbored a crush that I would have been eager to talk about with friends, but that I wouldn't seriously want to be pursued for practical reasons. As a reader of this comic who gets a lot more insight to Haley's character, I'd be surprised if we went on more than a date or two before things fizzled.