New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Festival Night (IC, Pathfinder.)

"I'm sure he'd help you if you payed him enough, greedy devil. Why would you want to meet the Festival God anyways? She'd kill you in an instant for disturbing her privacy! The only one who has even seen her face is J-Jatoz! AND LOOK AT HIS FACE!" Blort seems confused, very confused. You are unsure if he believes that the Festival God is a real god.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

”Phaek, where should we now?”

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phaek looks at all of you before saying as she starts crying once more,
    "I don't know. I thought it would be easier than this...."

4. - Top - End - #94

”I think you should tell us what your plan actually was,” Fallyn demanded.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Grung concentrates for a minute thinking. When my sissy looked for me she just called. Could we just call devil? Or are we looking for a tie fling? Name is bright? Kinda confused. Think calling might work though.

6. - Top - End - #96

EvilClericGuy

You know, You might be on to something Grung. Shouting, won't work not unless we attract a lot of attention. So, We need to head back to the festival, and cause a scene. Raiden replied shining brilliantly.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phaek looks at Fallyn with an expression of horror.
    "I just thought that some brave people would come along, and help me get my memories back, and we could kill the Festival God....I didn't think of the rest...." She trails off, looking around at you miserably.
    "Who are we trying to attract? Bright, or the mnemor devil?" Asks Swainyo.
    "They're both filthy devils to me!" Says Blort.
    "ACTUALLY TIEFLINGS COME FROM THE BLOODLINE OF FIENDS!" Screams BANANA, who was looking for a way to get into the conversation.

8. - Top - End - #98

EvilClericGuy

They're both exemplars of sin, but if I must consort with creatures from the lower planes. Then we might as well make it, so that both hear the call. Raiden replied.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Sissy used to say how everyone has someone who care about them. Maybe someone care for bright? Maybe we find them?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't know of anyone who cares for Bright. I certainly care about finding that devil." Says Phaek, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Of course, there are always rumours about Bright going into the wastelands, but that is impossible. Nobody gets passed the boarder guards."
    "The wastelands are scary, nobody really knows how they got there, or why they are growing. The Festival leaves a trail of destruction as it slowly moves and expands. There is no way Bright could get through the boarder guards anyways, and why would he want to? All that's out there are horrifying creatures under the control of the Festival God." Explains Blort.
    "MAYBE IF WE HAVE A BIG PARTY AND INVITE THEM THEY WILL COME! WE CAN CALL IT THE BANANA PARTY! AND WE CAN FRY UP THE GOBLIN'S TOES AND SERVE THEM!" Screams BANANA.
    As you are attempting to think of how to get the attention of Bright and the mnemor devil, you hear a cheer go up from the main festival.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Maybe that will draw them.

Grung moves towards the cheering

12. - Top - End - #102

Feeling Grung probably won’t be stopped, Fallyn goes along with him.

13. - Top - End - #103

EvilClericGuy

Sighing Raiden falls behind motioning for the rest to follow them .

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arriving in the main area, you follow the noise to the stage where those you loved were killed. There are a troupe of actors on the stage, none more than 12 years old. The play is wrapping up, and there is a banner above the stage reading "The Princess and The Tarresque."
    The only vantage point is from beside a tall man who smells heavily of sulphur. A bunch of children manipulate a giant tarrasque puppet while a girl in a pink dress screams. The puppet moves closer to her and she says very cornily,
    "Oh no! What do I do?"
    "Have no fear, fair lady! We shall save you!" Says another, much younger boy. He is accompanied by two older kids, who help him "fight" the tarrasque. Overall the play isn't very good.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Good play. Like little boy saving girl. Where now?

16. - Top - End - #106

Fallyn knows large crowds draw pickpockets. He keeps his out trying to spot one of Bright’s men working in the crowd. Taking 10+6 on perception
    Last edited by Aaronmoze; 2019-01-18 at 07:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

EvilClericGuy

First Asking the guy right beside him about the mnemor devil, before he moves around looking, and talking to others about the mnemor devil. He then moves onto asking the priest about where he might find the Mnemor devil, and others that he suspects might know.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-01-18 at 08:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Fallyn
    Show
    You only spot one pickpocket, a young boy, who gets caught shortly after stealing a coin-purse.

"A mnemor devil?" Asks the tall man who smells of sulphur, turning to you. His neck and arms are heavily scarred with long claw marks, and even a few things that look like bite scars. "I may know something about a mnemor devil, but I'd have to be paid. He flashes you a smile, his eyes are a very light blue, and his hair is blonde. "Who are you, newcomers?"

19. - Top - End - #109

EvilClericGuy

I'm Raiden. My companions are Phaex, Banana, Fallyn, Blort, and Grung. Nice to meet you, who am I talking to?
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-01-18 at 08:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hello. You're talking to me. Quite an interesting group you've got here." He says, drumming his small claws on a nearby table. His pale blue eyes take you all in, you get the feeling he could kill your whole party. "Thirty gold pieces and I'll tell you everything I know about the mnemor devil."

21. - Top - End - #111

EvilClericGuy

Handing over 20 gp, he asks him "So, What do you know?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

He looks at the 20gp and slips it into his pocket, before smiling and saying something incredibly disheartening.
    "I don't know anything more than rumours. However, those rumours point to the exact location of the devil! Well, almost exact." He speaks very dramatically, but his tone of voice is noble. "What exactly do you want this devil for? Perhaps I'd be willing to strike a bargain with you." His voice turns darker as he turns to Raiden, "Watch out, I eat aasimar like you for breakfast."

23. - Top - End - #113

EvilClericGuy

Hey, That's neat so do I. I need to find out the memories Phaex had suppressed, which I believed the Mnemor Devil would be able to tell us. Raiden says smiling.
    Intimidate: 28, with the assistance from Grung.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-01-19 at 08:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

You smell bad.

When saying things about eating asimar

You not eat Ray-den. I cut you. Ray-den what mean when eat as-mar? Not sound good. Please just tell us where devil is. I give you gold. No lie ok?

25. - Top - End - #115

EvilClericGuy

Grung, I'll tell you later, and I gave him the gold. Raiden whispered to Grung.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-01-18 at 09:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

”And what would this bargain be?”asks Fallyn.

I watch the tall man to see if he is trying to set us up. Sense Motive 21

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

The tall man looks at Raiden with an expression of horror on his face.
    "Well..well then..." His face changes to a smirk when he says, "Perhaps we can get some together sometime."
    "We can worry about your strange eating habits later." Says Swain.
    "If the devil is anywhere, it would be in the wastes, more specifically, in the Festival God's keep. There's an old song among the boarder guards that says something about a sorceress imprisoning a devil here, and that is how she was able to sustain this demiplane. Of course, you may ignore that if you believe that the Festival God is a real god.
    Now, you know where this devil is, assuming he is real and not some product of an overreactive imagination. I can guarentee that you couldn't survive in the wasteland for a day, unless you knew the right way. Nobody could, unless they had been there before. And nobody has, the boarder guards stay on this side. Well, I have, but it was a very long time ago. Without me there you have no hope, and I wouldn't mind seeing my old friend Jatoz." You can tell that this man is definitely not a friend of Jatoz, and that may explain all of the scars that line his arms and neck. "I'd guide you, and help you to avoid any serious hazards, for a price."

Spoiler: Fallyn
    Show
    He seemed insincere at first, not believing much. You could tell in his eyes when he realized that he had been waiting for an opportunity like this. You get the feeling that if you do travel with him, you would have to watch your back.

28. - Top - End - #118

EvilClericGuy

And, What is that price? The Festival "God" Is no god indeed. No god would make this place, meaning that this is a mortal man, who proclaims he is one, and nothing more. I have pored over numerous deities scripts, and this is not the handiwork of even the most obscure of gods. Raiden asks the man who he suspects is Bright.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-01-19 at 09:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

You friends with sharp teeth? I not like that.

Ray den why you wisper? Is it later now? Grung whispers not so subtle to raiden
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2019-01-19 at 09:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

EvilClericGuy

Raiden whispers back to Grung No it's not later, and I don't currently trust him, so I'd like to inform you guys, on it when it's later.