The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: SC's Kingdom Game: The Uncanny Valley

Her tail swishing as Tetro approaches, a giant smile while she gives a curtsey best she can"Thank you kindly ma'am, and now we know where Eugene got his politeness from, he's been so kind and such a pleasure to have in our company. Can only imagine that rest of em are just as kindly. Need more folk like him." Tetro beams, giving her biggest smile paired with the biggest set of puppy dog eyes she could manage. (think puss in boots from shrek)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Away Team
    Show
    Lorana idly strokes Bravery as she speaks. "I think you're right. Some of the others have been seeming distant or downright bored lately. A change of scenery will do them some good and I can handle your father."

"You three go talk to the others. I'm sure they've all heard about you getting here since we haven't had a kobold or a mech pilot around in years, especially not such well mannered ones. And I don't think any of us have seen an egg that big before. Dinner will be here at dark."
    She curtsies back to Tetro and gives Eugene a kiss on the cheek as she heads back out to the milking parlor.

Spoiler: Home Team
    Show
    After a bit of struggling at first you learn that the ram seems content to follow the ewes back toward the tower. It takes a hour to get back to the others as the sheep try breaking loose several times or pulling toward some tasty looking plants along the way.

Once you're near the tower, Diego trundles over to meet you. "Oh wow, that's a lucky find! If we can get some tools we can use the sheep for wool and soon milk by the looks of it." He starts detailing some plans for using them to weed the area.

3. - Top - End - #273

The away team is treated to the muffled yells of Mr. Farmer as he's told about the party's plan by Lorana. Several minutes later he stalks out of the farm house and yells "Dadgummit!" before gathering his children and farmhands for dinner. After a tense but scrumptious home cooked meal and a night in some warm beds, the party and five more of the Farmers head out to the tower. As the away team arrives so does Shelindai, the herbalist, with her tools and supplies.

So the home team sees their allies, five people that look suspiciously like Eugene, Shelindai, and a big honkin' egg being carried by Tetro. The Farmers have also brought along seeds and some livestock.

Spoiler: New arrivals
    Show
    Briath and Helena Farmer: Kinda spooky teenage twins, hold hands a lot.
    Derrenis Farmer: Shy young man that's been tending to the animals. Wearing leather armor and carrying a shield on his back.
    Viven Farmer: A pretty young woman loaded down with heavy gear. Wearing a suit of scale mail.
    Cassius Vhahaskeri: A brooding young man with dark clothes and a pack filled with scroll tubes and books. A slow moving cat named Patches follows him everywhere.

Shelindai Solchel: A young adult elf woman with leather armor and a forest camo cloak. Has several pouches across her outfit. Smells like a spice rack.

Giant Egg: It appears to move occasionally. It may be close to hatching.

Live stock: 10 chickens (2 roosters, 8 hens), a cow, and a mule pulling a small cart.
    Seeds: 2x Crop of wheat, 1x crop of potatoes, and 1x crop of tomatoes.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Hapax smiles as he sees Tetro. "There you are! Next time, I'm coming with you. Having to deal with Luvon all the time made the wait feel like months." Afterward he will inquire about the egg. Once they've caught up, he will introduce himself to the Farmers, though Viven caught his eye the most, at least as far as first impressions go.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

"H-..oof.. Hello friends!" Eugene greets Hapax with a smile, his face half hidden behind several suitcases, all embroidered with a flowy font on the front that reads 'Viven'.

He heads off to the tower to find a room for Viven's things.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Greeting his friends Lelelouch relaxes a bit as he approaches the tower. Looking across all of the new faces he looks back towards the egg, curious what will hatch from it

7. - Top - End - #277

The new and old settlers exchange pleasantries and get acquainted (Tobye made a bunch of socially awkward siblings so they don't do much more than that).

Spoiler: Siblings Introductions
    Show
    Viven gives a quick look around, sizing up her new surroundings. She then follows Eugene, carrying the rest of her bags, into the tower. She leads him around for a while making sure to pick out a good sized room. Bravery happily follows behind.

The twin girls, Briath and Helena, stand next to each other, hands interlocked. They look around curiously with their wide violet eyes. They turn and look at each other gesturing with their hands as though in conversation though neither say a word.

Derrinis takes off his straw hat as he approaches Hapax and holds out his hand nervously to greet him. His cheeks redden beneath his freckles. "H-Hi... I'm Derrinis, Eugene's brother. W-well, I mean, I guess you knew that already. Um, I'm pretty good with animals, but I'll help out wherever you need me."

Cassius approaches with Derrinis, barely glancing around. There is a stern, uninterested look in his maroon eyes, framed by dark circles. He speaks in a low, straight forward voice. "I'm a butcher. Where do you want me?"

All eyes are on the party. How would you like to assign them? (Settlers marked with an * in the Who's Who.)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Luvon stared somewhat in disbelief at the gaggle of blond Farmers that had arrived, almost struck mute in attempting the arithmetic to determine how many came to be given that this was not even all of them. Eventually, he put aside the dizzying problem of excessive procreation and gathered the group of erstwhile settlers. Ok! I'm going to be blunt here. Its going to be hard work from here on forward and it won't get easier anytime soon. Our first order of business will be to construct a rudimentary lodging for us. It'll be only temporary till we can gather the resources for more personal dwellings. In the meantime, we will have to rely on hunted meat and scavenging greens for sustenance for about a year or so. Long enough for the Farmers to get the fields to yield for us.

After immediate lodging is taken care of, any materials and structures for the budding agricultural heart of our operation will be top priority. Below that is storage for materials, especially foodstuffs once our yield outstrips our need and a basic road system.
    He surveyed the group before him and decided discretion was the better part of valor. We have a lot of new faces here, so speak up. Any relevant skill sets need be applied to the right tasks.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #279

The twins, Briath and Helena, stare at each other for a bit before stepping forward still holding hands. A few feet in front of Luvon they stop, focus on a spot on the ground, and begin a chant. Moments later a thin, six foot tall tree sprouts from the ground. A few moments later and more chanting, and the tree quickly develops buds that become melograno (pomegranates). Afterward, it becomes more apparent how the Farmers stay so successful.

Spoiler: DC 15 Spellcraft
    Show
    They are using the nature sphere's plantlife ability Growth and the Grow Plants talent.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Hapax shook the young man's hand. "Hapax Legomenon." He then smiles. "Relax, kid. I'm sure you've got some idea in your head that us dwarves are all stoic, but I can assure you that that's not the case for all of us." He then got distracted by the twins' display of power before turning back to him. "Well, unless you can top that, we'll have to do things the conventional way. We've managed to get a small little herd of sheep that could be looked after. Otherwise, if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask, and remember to relax. While there's a lot of hard work ahead of us, we'll be neighbors for quite some time, so there's no need to be anxious."
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    You can now bind me as a vestige!