New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Why do you think knives, or cooking, would be involved?
    I just thought it was a key part of Lich Nature. They are supposedly really good cooks. They are always cooking up new things-Spells, rocks, people, little mushrooms, little bits of plants, Tea, Coffee, that patch of water that never disappears unless it's really hot.\

As for Endgame: I would really like to see some people not get Unsnapped. Otherwise, what was the entire point if everybody is back to living afterward? There should some emotional costs, and some people that weren't Snapped should kick the bucket.

Thanos should have an impact beyond, "We reset time so nobody got Snapped", is major disappointment for the stakes if they undo it completely.
    Last edited by russdm; 2019-02-16 at 03:24 PM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There is no way people aren't getting unsnapped. Marvel isn't even pretending they won't given the Spider-Man Far From Home trailers. With that said that doesn't necessarily mean Thanos won't have consequences. For Example Heimdall, Loki, Gamora, and Vision weren't snapped away and they don't have any solo movies coming out. (My understanding is that even the Loki T.V. show I have only heard about by word of mouth is a prequel story.) Plus there is a possibility of sacrifices being made by the surviving heroes in order to undo the snap.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2019-02-17 at 04:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

My expectation is that the people who died or snapped in Infinity War will come back, and some new people will die in Endgame.

Probably Steve and Tony, because contracts.

Also, given that Captain Marvel is introducing them, I think it's time to start speculating: Who's secretly a Skrull?
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2019-02-17 at 04:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    My expectation is that the people who died or snapped in Infinity War will come back, and some new people will die in Endgame.

Probably Steve and Tony, because contracts.

Also, given that Captain Marvel is introducing them, I think it's time to start speculating: Who's secretly a Skrull?
    Everybody. Theyre all Skrulls. This is actually just a skrull simulation of the battle plan to take down Thanos.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no way Gamorra isnt coming back.

6. - Top - End - #126

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Everybody. Theyre all Skrulls. This is actually just a skrull simulation of the battle plan to take down Thanos.
    If they were all skrulls that would make the inevitable secret invasion a comedy of errors as all the skrulls try to infiltrate by replacing other skrulls.

I'm going to open the bidding with Scott. He's actually still trapped in the quantum realm. That's a Skrull.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I'm going to open the bidding with Scott. He's actually still trapped in the quantum realm. That's a Skrull.
    So, of all the people that the Skrulls could replace, they go with the comedian? Why not the head of an organization? or how about somebody from Marvel Agents of Shield? Or you could have some silly happen.

Wasn't the Skrull was one of those bizarrro things that got made? I think I recall something like a few dozen different races all about infilterating or something. There must have been dozens of those instances from little I could recall hearing about. What was the Skrulls motivation? Something about learning about lovemaking or was it knowledge or something? I remember hearing about a half-Skrull or part-Skrull, or was that a different race? For that marvel superhero?
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

8. - Top - End - #128

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    So, of all the people that the Skrulls could replace, they go with the comedian? Why not the head of an organization? or how about somebody from Marvel Agents of Shield? Or you could have some silly happen.
    Agents of Shield doesn't exist in the movies.

And Scott is a perfect first step. Skrulls can't replicate superpowers normally, but his are tech based so they can just steal an Ant Man suit. He's not under as much scrutiny as the big name Avengers (and he's already established form for breaking away from scrutiny getting out of house arrest) so aberrant behaviour sticks out less.

I'm telling you. Skrull. Definitely. Just you watch.

Also, thematically the next two Marvel movies that aren't Endgame are both about not trusting what you see. Shapeshifting Skrulls in Captain Marvel and trickery and shenanigans from Mysterio in Far From Home. It's all clues I tell you!

The Skrulls just want to take over the world and/or beat up the Fantastic Four most of the time. But they're the baddies in Captain Marvel, and Secret Invasion is a pretty popular storyline so I expect it to come up at some point. One of the major parts of Secret Invasion was that for the last couple of major stories quite a lot of superheroes had actually been Skrulls in disguise. So start spotting now.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2019-02-19 at 03:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

The Hulk is a skrull.

But not Banner. Just the Hulk. It would normally be a ridiculous impossibility, a shapeshifter replacing not the were but just the wolf, and it certainly required some doing, but because of the physical disconnect between the two personalities they technobabbled their way around the issue. They got really lucky when Hulk spent all that time off planet without changing back. That's why Hulk refuses to come out, he raises no suspicion this way and he helps the good guys as little as possible. It's also why Thanos could manhandle the green guy without activating the strength stone.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    There is no way Gamorra isnt coming back.
    Care to explain why? GotG doesn't need Gamora to continue (in the comics there even is a few times she has left the team, not that this is about the comics). At this point we don't even know if there will be a GotG Vol. 3 thanks to the whole James Gunn controversy.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Care to explain why? GotG doesn't need Gamora to continue (in the comics there even is a few times she has left the team, not that this is about the comics). At this point we don't even know if there will be a GotG Vol. 3 thanks to the whole James Gunn controversy.
    Because the actress was asked if she was sad Infinity War had wrapped and stopped filming, and she said "well we'll see everyone again in a few months, so it's fine". So she appears to at least be in some flashback scenes or such.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-02-20 at 12:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    The entire cast of Guardians was already signed on for Guardians 3 Also there's no way they'd have the finale and culmination of her and Peter's arc take place in a crossover movie and not their own.

Even if Guardians 3 doesn't happen Endgame was already written, and had started filming before all of the Guardians 3 controversey, and there is no way they'd change the script after all of that work had be done.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2019-02-20 at 09:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    The Hulk is a skrull.

But not Banner. Just the Hulk.
    Hawkeye's bow is a Skrull. His new look in Avengers 4 isn't about his family dying. It's because he's gonna have to use new gear because his bow got up and walked away.