Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Questionable Content 14: "I Deserve A Fancy Butt Emblem."

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Is it bad that I knew the two you had to specify the sitcom, and don't know 2 of the other 3?
    I could make a joke about your attention to detail (), but seriously, it's 'bad' only in that we are discussing sitcoms (I would call QC unquestionably one of those), so familiarity with all other sitcoms is beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Will & Grace, is that the one with the gay couple?
    I imagine each of the gay characters may well have coupled up either at some point or as of now, but the original premise was single straight female and her single gay male roommate (who was the comedy's straight man, get it?), and their two best freinds, a single gay man, and a married (crazy rich) straight woman.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    jeph seems to really really like melon.
    From where I'm sitting, he seems to really like all his characters, which is good. (I could name another webcomic I stopped reading because I realized the author viewed all his characters with a strange, smug contempt.)

Some appeal more to me than others. I tend to groan when--Brun, is that her name? the comically stupid woman who pulled a harpoon on Clinton--is in the spotlight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    From where I'm sitting, he seems to really like all his characters, which is good. (I could name another webcomic I stopped reading because I realized the author viewed all his characters with a strange, smug contempt.)

Some appeal more to me than others. I tend to groan when--Brun, is that her name? the comically stupid woman who pulled a harpoon on Clinton--is in the spotlight.
    Im sure he does, I was more talking about his Melon forever! author comment. He seems to really enjoy writing her for some reason. And Cik, Family Matters is a sitcom where the fat black cop from die hard is a family man in chicago (Still a cop, different character aside from fan theories) with his loving family. He has a next door neighbor of a super smart nerd named steve urkel who causes all sorts of problem, generally by accident. Here is a clip compilation
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im sure he does, I was more talking about his Melon forever! author comment. He seems to really enjoy writing her for some reason.
    Melon is largely a filler character. Most strips involving her are very basic visual gags that do not connect to ongoing storylines. They are presumably quick and easy to write and produce. Jeph very clearly uses Melon to give him time to work on other ideas, in a way he used to use the Angry Bird, guest comics, and other random interludes (all of which have declined greatly in frequency). I find that regarding the general appearance of Melon as a sign that 'the actual storyline will return shortly' makes her much more palatable.
    Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, just who we're always happy to see...
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Oh hey, just who we're always happy to see...
    See I came here to say "oh hey, it's the worst 'character' in the series". Glad to see we're on the same page.
    I'm one of those people who ruins X-stalt/epic games for everybody who's just wanting to play legendary figures.

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

And Roko's not even surprised anymore, just exasperated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.