New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

In this thread, we discuss the happenings in the webcomic Ménage à 3 (first page here).

Currently, the hopeless geek has become the world's most sexually incredible lothario with two at least three something like five incredibly hot girls girls, boys and 'girls and boys' lusting for him, while the busty french girl spent months looking for just one half-decent lay.
    We also had a guy who can wear sunglasses indoors and not be a total douche bag. Subverting genre expectations since 2008!

Menage a 3
    Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl
    Ménage à 3 III: 47 Seconds Later
    Ménage à 3 IV: It's All Coming To A Head

We also tend to discuss Mà3's sister comics, Sticky Dilly Buns and Sandra On The Rocks, as well as works by the same author such as Eerie Cuties, MagicChicks and Dangerously Chloe.
    .....Giz is, if nothing else, dedicated to her craft.

But anyways, be warned: Each of these works (and Mà3 especially) contain some gently (but firmly) NSFW images and themes. If you're not allowed to read pictures of naked gay, straight and bisexual men and women all having sex with each other, or going in to details about why they aren't, then look away now.

There's no swearing though, so that's alright.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-09-28 at 01:21 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    How exactly would you classify Yuki and Sonya?...
    Zii is careless, but those two at least didn't make their flaky stalker tendencies blatant before she goinked them. Izzy just screams "bad news", even by Zii's standards.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

3. - Top - End - #3

Griffon

Arguably it's BECAUSE of Yuki and Sonya that Zii is wary of Izzy.

As far as we know, Zii has only ever been in two relationships that lasted longer than a couple of booty calls. One was Yuki, who became the psycho-stalker that we all know and love, and the other was Eric which ended badly and left Zii embarrassed. She's in no rush to repeat either mistake, and hooking up with Izzy looks like it might end up being a long term thing if only because of the latter's inability to take a hint even when dropped from a great height.

Then Sonya's clingy obsession seems to have ruined Zii's good luck in her "love 'em and leave 'em" one night stands, as not only could she not get rid of the damn girl but she was the direct cause of Sonya and Jacob's relationship breaking down. She now has some first hand experience at what her carelessness can do, and doesn't seem as carefree about it as she used to.

Poor Zii, so alone and emotionally broken that she might never love... or 'love'.... again. Bet you never thought you'd see someone say that about her, right?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-09-28 at 12:37 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We only know about those two longer-term relationships in Zii's past,* but a lot of that past is unknown to the readers. I personally think that the best explanation for her whole behaviour pattern at the start of the comic involves a fairly serious relationship in her late teens that went sour when the other person dumped her very hard. (So she decided to get the loving-and-leaving thing in first in future.) No proof, but it fits so well.

Which said, yeah, she may have learned a lesson or two these last few months. Still, I don't see her deciding to avoid Izzy as requiring much new wisdom. Whereas Yuki started out looking like an interesting ****buddy, and Sonya as a really hot fling, before they both turned out to be terribly clingy, Izzy's behaviour just screams "scary nutjob" from out of the box. Zii would have to be completely drowning in hormones to miss that. If she had real sense, she'd be working out how to avoid Izzy altogether by now.

*Actually, we could also add Amber, with whom she apparently spent hours locked in her room back in their teens, and who has more recently received multiple booty calls. It may never have been a "serious" relationship, but it endured for a while, twice.
    Last edited by Discus-Spinner; 2015-09-29 at 03:25 AM.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I don't like the idea that to be... well, like Zii it means someone must have hurt you badly. There are many reasons to have an easy going attitude toward commitment.

Well, Zii seems to be enjoying herself for now, I guess we'll get back to the crazy stalker plot later.

I can't exactly say why but I dislike the "all lesbians have the hots for Sandra" plotlibe. It was cute with Cammie but now...

Also: I know I'm terrible at reading women but... what is Chloe's issue suddenly?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Eh, I don't like the idea that to be... well, like Zii it means someone must have hurt you badly. There are many reasons to have an easy going attitude toward commitment.
    But Zii's attitude isn't just easygoing; she seemed downright scared, until Erik got past her guard. I dunno; there just seem to be a lot of tiny hints in her dialogue that there's something like that buried in her past.

Also: I know I'm terrible at reading women but... what is Chloe's issue suddenly?
    Teenage romantic jealousy, compounded by the facts that she's (a) a demon, (b) an idiot, and (c) a cartoon character.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't exactly say why but I dislike the "all lesbians have the hots for Sandra" plotlibe. It was cute with Cammie but now...
    I think it's just supposed to be mirroring Gary's plotline, since they are both technically main protagonists. Unrelated, Gary and Sandra, have still had the most chemistry with each other than with any of their other ships so far, but what're ya gonna do?
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2015-10-02 at 08:49 AM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I know DiDi was always on the... dim side, but good grief.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

All that blood has to go somewhere, and it's not to her head.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Didi buys into kayfabe, and it's kind of adorable.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Well, DiDi is by far not the only person who thinks wrestling is real...

I feel it's been a while since DiDi's breasts got that much attention, too. Maybe the rest of the cast is just as desentizied as the readers by now. (boing)

Also: not sure if Ruby is a great or a terrible assistant.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Great assistant, tiny bit childish about her personal grudges.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Worst fan ever, DiDi.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Worst fan ever, DiDi.
    Aw, come on. I'm sure she meant well. At least she's not one of the crazy kind... And she seems really into it. Like, REALLY into it. (Though, I will agree I find it confusing when she speaks French all of a sudden)

Meanwhile, in Paris, even super cute lesbians are apparently unable to get dates. Because...?

Also, @SDB: Roll credits?
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Aw, come on. I'm sure she meant well. At least she's not one of the crazy kind... And she seems really into it. Like, REALLY into it. (Though, I will agree I find it confusing when she speaks French all of a sudden)

Meanwhile, in Paris, even super cute lesbians are apparently unable to get dates. Because...?

Because she doesn't really WANT dates.

Remember, per the in-comic timeline here she just broke up with her at least somewhat long time girl friend like a week ago. And she appears to be chronically insecure, so she doesn't actually LOOK for dates and complains that she can't find them (because she's not really looking).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Because of the level of competition, as well as everything else. The degree of generic universal cuteness in that universe is astronomical.

At what? Okay, the ...buns? punchline was, well, punchline-ish - but I suspect we'll see some immediate follow-through on Tuesday. That scene's barely got started.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Because she doesn't really WANT dates.

Remember, per the in-comic timeline here she just broke up with her at least somewhat long time girl friend like a week ago. And she appears to be chronically insecure, so she doesn't actually LOOK for dates and complains that she can't find them (because she's not really looking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    Because of the level of competition, as well as everything else. The degree of generic universal cuteness in that universe is astronomical.
    Well, point(s) taken, I guess. (Except the first one )

At what? Okay, the ...buns? punchline was, well, punchline-ish - but I suspect we'll see some immediate follow-through on Tuesday. That scene's barely got started.
    Sorry, seen too much CinemaSins. They always say that when the title is mentioned and I figured it's close enough
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Didi proves to be the kind of fan wrestling promoters want, wrestlers hate, and WWE (and to a lesser extent the other large-ish North American promotions) deserves.

Fascinating.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Didi proves to be the kind of fan wrestling promoters want, wrestlers hate, and WWE (and to a lesser extent the other large-ish North American promotions) deserves.

Fascinating.
    Wrestlers hate people who think wrestling is real? I never knew.

Well, Damien lost the chance to get massively beaten up... too bad?

Zii and Ruby are going to be millionaires soon and Sandra... I have no idea where this plot is going. More lesbian shennanigans, probably.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Damien lost the chance to get massively beaten up... too bad?

Zii and Ruby are going to be millionaires soon and Sandra... I have no idea where this plot is going. More lesbian shennanigans, probably.
    Yeah I kind of stopped reading SOTR, it feels like it's just flailing around desperately searching for a plot rather than having anything planned out.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

They hate the ones who have the bright idea to try and get into the ring when they're putting on a show. Fortunately Didi is talked down from it.

Mind, promoters don't like that either, but they do love viewers who are instantly absorbed into what's going on. Hence the term "marks" for referring to those viewers.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2015-11-08 at 01:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Yeah I kind of stopped reading SOTR, it feels like it's just flailing around desperately searching for a plot rather than having anything planned out.
    I think that it's been set up to have a string of short-term mostly-gag stories, without a strong overarching plot, but with some possibilities for individual characters or their situations to change occasionally. Take it or leave it on that basis.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruby is still best girl.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    I think that it's been set up to have a string of short-term mostly-gag stories, without a strong overarching plot, but with some possibilities for individual characters or their situations to change occasionally. Take it or leave it on that basis.
    At the beginning it actually did have at least a somewhat thought out plot, that of Sandra falling into the whole 'video game model' thing and Gary's entire cameo was basically her struggling with the fact that she's become a symbol of female gamers but hasn't actually gamed in years. Now they seemed to have jettisoned that entirely in favor of random semi-lesbian hijinx which aren't particularly entertaining.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-11-10 at 11:05 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    Ruby is still best girl.
    Well, she sure is. But SDB doesn't seem to stick.

SotR meanwhile... eh, I guess Lavali is getting something out of it? Though, things might get pretty bad soon. Also: So Lukas... lives with Eva? And I guess you can just tag in someone else during sex?

Oh Didi, sometimes you get portrayed as not just dumb... and sometimes you get portrayed like in this arc.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, she sure is. But SDB doesn't seem to stick.
    It sticks with me.

So Lukas... lives with Eva? And I guess you can just tag in someone else during sex?
    I'm guessing that Lukas is Eva's live-in PA/sidekick, useful and somehow trusted enough that she keeps him around and puts up with his snark because he gets stuff done. And Eva is willing to tag someone in, but Eva is being written as Decadent Evil, so of course she is. And I'm getting a "kept man" vibe off Armani, so he does what he's told.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

27. - Top - End - #27

I guess most people here are as generally uninterested in the current storyline as I am, seeing the lack of participation in the thread..

So.. can someone help me out to remember what was that dark lady's deal? What's that she borrowed, and why she seems.. I don't know. Awkward with Gary?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    So.. can someone help me out to remember what was that dark lady's deal? What's that she borrowed, and why she seems.. I don't know. Awkward with Gary?
    She's one of the million girls Amber invited to get swirlied. She turned out to be kind of geeky, or at least... interested in tech? Also, she's the secretary for a firm Gary applied at, the one where the boss thought he was a stud. They do have a bit of chemistry together, so... yeah.

The other plots aren't really exciting right now, yeah. Maybe this could become more interesting. SDB is okay, possibly building up to a good arc. DC had a few fun strips lately, imo.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I guess most people here are as generally uninterested in the current storyline as I am, seeing the lack of participation in the thread..

I mean for weeks now we've been following DiDi around, and quite frankly there is very little interest in staged wrestling these days, especially amongst the community that would read a webcomic.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #30

She's one of the million girls Amber invited to get swirlied. She turned out to be kind of geeky, or at least... interested in tech? Also, she's the secretary for a firm Gary applied at, the one where the boss thought he was a stud. They do have a bit of chemistry together, so... yeah.

The other plots aren't really exciting right now, yeah. Maybe this could become more interesting. SDB is okay, possibly building up to a good arc. DC had a few fun strips lately, imo.
    Thanks a lot. I do remember her and where she worked, and how they met.. But I forgot what she borrowed Gary.

Also, why does she stutter about K.. K.. Koffee?