New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 14: "I Deserve A Fancy Butt Emblem."

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I mean, you may also be there in the hope that the model will put up later, but that's another story.
    Without working in the field, I feel like people who go into the job with this expectation won't last long. I don't know how desensitizing the job is but yes, I've also heard it can be... discouraging to your libido.
    But I guess that is true for many jobs. Only few manage to keep their passion when it becomes mundane.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... without putting myself too far out there, I'm currently in a field where there are often scenarios that are Relevant To My InterestsTM, but I don't find it difficult to compartmentalize my feelings and tell myself that I'm at work, and not at play, as it were.

Granted it could just be the Asexuality going "wait that's an actual human and not an image on a screen that we can pretend is fictional for the sake of physical gratification" and just shutting off the reaponse before it gets anywhere.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-03-18 at 06:45 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I think Roko is getting flirty.
    That would turn our already existing love-rhombus into a full-on 4-dimensional construct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wait, what time is it? Is it early morning? Do you let your dough rise 24h? I usually only give it a couple of hours at best, but I'm neither a professional nor using sourdough.
    I'm not complaining, just asking. Did Jeph do his homework on this or is he talking out of his... As a bread enthusiast (not in the Roko way) I'm genuinely curious.
    (also I think I would have gone with a different name for my yeast, just to be more fancy and because it's yeast and not bread)
    Well, this is a bakery. I don't have any specific knowledge as to how bakery baking and enthusiast baking differ, but the difference between enthusiast gourmand and restaurant cook are staggering. I can see the same being the case here (in no small part because you want the baked goods to be ready by ~6am, when you want to start selling to customers on their way to work).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I wonder if this will end up killing her bread fetish, at least while on the job. I've heard that, e.g., taking photos of nude models end up being a rather cold profession after a while. You aren't really there to savour the moment, you are there to set poses and take pictures. I mean, you may also be there in the hope that the model will put up later, but that's another story.
    Food photography might be a closer analogy. Regardless, in both cases, the photo-shoot isn't 'real'--the cereal you are shooting is sitting in Elmer's glue instead of milk, and the nude models aren't really turned on and any time not being photographed are probably huddled under blankets (or else the heat is cranked up, in which case you're sweating buckets). In this situation, this is at least actual bread being made to end up in the same format Roko is aroused by, etc.
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2019-03-18 at 10:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Cold fermentation is a common thing in artisan bakeries these days. It can cause a better gluten structure and gives the yeast more time to develop flavourful compounds - some places with let their dough cold ferment in a temperature controlled chamber for three to five days.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

5. - Top - End - #905
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Cold fermentation is a common thing in artisan bakeries these days. It can cause a better gluten structure and gives the yeast more time to develop flavourful compounds - some places with let their dough cold ferment in a temperature controlled chamber for three to five days.
    Does it take longer to ferment compared to warm environment?

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Basically any chemical process takes longer at low temperatures. Fermentation taking longer in particular is why we have refrigerators.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I've said this on the second subreddit but I'll say it here too. "I dub this ship The Yeasty Lovin! All aboard!"
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ

8. - Top - End - #908

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    Basically any chemical process takes longer at low temperatures. Fermentation taking longer in particular is why we have refrigerators.
    Damn. Ill need to check how long it would take to recreate a 12 hour culture in a colder environment.

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Food photography might be a closer analogy. Regardless, in both cases, the photo-shoot isn't 'real'--the cereal you are shooting is sitting in Elmer's glue instead of milk, and the nude models aren't really turned on and any time not being photographed are probably huddled under blankets (or else the heat is cranked up, in which case you're sweating buckets). In this situation, this is at least actual bread being made to end up in the same format Roko is aroused by, etc.
    Maybe it's like being a masseur, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

I approve of Elliot's naming sense.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

That was dangerously close to Melon and Emily having on-screen interactions. I'm always worried that they'll form a feedback loop that grows into some sort of weirdness singularity that consumes the universe in a Big Crunch.
    Last edited by georgie_leech; 2019-03-20 at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    That was dangerously close to Melon and Emily having on-screen interactions. I'm always worried that they'll form a feedback loop that grows into some sort of weirdness singularity that consumes the universe in a Big Crunch.
    But would it be a big crunch of sanity or a big bang of insanity? Or are they equivalent?

Also, anybody care to explain to me where the Metal Gear reference is hidden?
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It took me till the last panel to realize giant-nose woman was supposed to be Dora

14. - Top - End - #914
    Bugbear in the Playground

The text under the comic.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    It took me till the last panel to realize giant-nose woman was supposed to be Dora
    I think he's forgotten how to draw her. She's looked radically different the last 3 or 4 times we've seen her, changing heights, hair length, facial features. It's only the hair color and that she works in CoD that gives away who it is. Even then it's hard to separate her from Emily.

16. - Top - End - #916

Well, Emily has dark gray hair now.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I think he's forgotten how to draw her. She's looked radically different the last 3 or 4 times we've seen her, changing heights, hair length, facial features. It's only the hair color and that she works in CoD that gives away who it is. Even then it's hard to separate her from Emily.
    I thought it was Emily until Emily showed up in the last panel. Afterwards went back and noticed the gauges in her ears thought about whether Emily wears tank tops much, etc. I guess it doesn't really look like Emily, so much as it just looks like 'a black-haired woman' and you have to piece it together through outside clues. Regardless, it does not look like the Dora I mentally picture.

18. - Top - End - #918

The old Dora, in my mind, looked like Marten.

19. - Top - End - #919

Griffon

I'm genuinely surprised that so many people didn't recognise Dora. Sure, her art has changed over the years, but she has consistently had the same rounded eyes and tanned skin (her... father? is Italian if I remember right) compared to Emily who has paler skin and almond-shaped eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    Japanese actor Naoki Tatsuta played the voice of Solokov in Metal Gear Solid 3; he also plays a character in the Dragon Ball anime/games named Oolong. As in, the tea.

I Google'd that for a minute or two; I didn't *know* it because I'm not a psychopath.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that so many people didn't recognise Dora. Sure, her art has changed over the years, but she has consistently had the same rounded eyes and tanned skin (her... father? is Italian if I remember right) compared to Emily who has paler skin and almond-shaped eyes.
    As people pointed out her appearance changes drasticly between comics, and then she only shows up two or three times before vanishing again for a month or two. So by the time she shows up it's "black haired woman in CoD".

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Japanese actor Naoki Tatsuta played the voice of Solokov in Metal Gear Solid 3; he also plays a character in the Dragon Ball anime/games named Oolong. As in, the tea.

I Google'd that for a minute or two; I didn't *know* it because I'm not a psychopath.
    Thank you... How could I not instantly realize that.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you... How could I not instantly realize that.
    I mean geez, that one was so obvious I figured there must have been an obscure reference I missed in the comic.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess todays comic is supposed to show that Roko isn't quite as integrated with her body yet after all. But I don't quite get it.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ettin in the Playground

Something something heightened sensitivity, something something body dysphoria.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Colossus in the Playground

Im guessing scrubbing her face excessively because its not right or some such thing. I forget what its called but im fairly sure there is a mental condition this parallels where you get a reaction like that. Or maybe im just thinking of those movies where the character kills someone and cant stop trying to scrub the blood off in a panic even when its all gone.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #926

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im guessing scrubbing her face excessively because its not right or some such thing. I forget what its called but im fairly sure there is a mental condition this parallels where you get a reaction like that. Or maybe im just thinking of those movies where the character kills someone and cant stop trying to scrub the blood off in a panic even when its all gone.
    ...that's Lady Macbeth. But there is a Polanski movie of Macbeth, and I guess that there are more.

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    I guess todays comic is supposed to show that Roko isn't quite as integrated with her body yet after all. But I don't quite get it.
    Under normal conditions, I would expect such a page to be just a setup. Creating tension for an emotional outbreak in the next pages. I don't think that's how QC normally works, though -- it's more about "one page, one punch", even when the pages are connected by a storyline.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Wash your face, look in the mirror, it's not your face. try again.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ettin in the Playground

Next time she looks up, Spookybot is directly behind her somehow.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like if I thought this plot line was a good idea I would have liked this comic. But I still think it's a bad idea so...

Also : I'm getting curious about what Melon's skin is made off..
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Oh, Roko, no...
    :(