The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks OOC] Resurrection Roundabout

I will post tonight, Brainstorm's reaction was actually what I needed for Ferra to move.

And I am a fan of having some sort of peanut gallery commenting on stuff as they go in games, it does seem to help a lot.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-03-10 at 08:22 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry! Spent yesterday enjoying the plum blossoms. I shall have you a response before long.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Sorry! Spent yesterday enjoying the plum blossoms. I shall have you a response before long.
    No enjoyment! Only post!

Actually, on the topic of enjoyment, I just got a huge creative refresh out of two things:

- The Fall 2. Loved the first, finally got around to the second, awesome game. It's one of the most fascinating looks at artificial intelligence I've ever seen and it takes an approach I don't think has ever been done before.

- Kakegurui. Anime series about gambling. That's not the selling point. The selling point is that everyone is a total lunatic empowered by weapons-grade face memes.

My headspace is kind of at the intersection of those right now and it's a good contrast.
    Soldiers, no poor sap ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by being all that he can be. Damn the torpedoes, or give us death. Eternal vigilance is the price of duty and to the victors go the spoils. So remember: you are the best of the few and the proud. So ask not what our country can do, only regret that we have but one life to live.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa akkdjglqinandknlnu this scene this scene this scene! This game! BUT THIS SCENE THO

Thanqol that visual is so beautiful I want to seal it and hold it forever. I want to breathe it and live inside of it. You took all of my emotional turmoil and made it a physical thing and I just, ah! Ah! *gestures wildly and melts into a puddle*

5. - Top - End - #275

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa akkdjglqinandknlnu this scene this scene this scene! This game! BUT THIS SCENE THO

Thanqol that visual is so beautiful I want to seal it and hold it forever. I want to breathe it and live inside of it. You took all of my emotional turmoil and made it a physical thing and I just, ah! Ah! *gestures wildly and melts into a puddle*
    I made the decision this morning that I was going to step up my game in all my PBPs. I'm so glad that it's paying off this quickly - and I'm so happy you're enjoying it.

(I think the secret to writing Cyberpunk is being quietly furious)
    Soldiers, no poor sap ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by being all that he can be. Damn the torpedoes, or give us death. Eternal vigilance is the price of duty and to the victors go the spoils. So remember: you are the best of the few and the proud. So ask not what our country can do, only regret that we have but one life to live.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    (I think the secret to writing Cyberpunk is being quietly furious)
    It's 100% working. I almost regret taking Ferra out of that mess, even though she's got her own thing she's about to make mistakes with.
    LGBTA+itP

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Like, Victor’s a born sub,"
    i mean you're not wrong
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

So I think that counts as triggering my team move with the villain? Gotta get those raging emotions out there somehow.

Edit: Meanwhile, Ferraphim1tp is feeling like she missed a massive opportunity and isn't sure why.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-03-14 at 11:48 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

I am now taking suggestions for what my first Advance should be. This happened a lot quicker than I thought/hoped it would, I'm not sure I know which is the most appropriate at the moment

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd argue that the moment of truth seems premature and I won't suggest other playbook's moves because you only get one of those. So, I could see No, you move, Mission first, or More than a shield depending on what you see Errant getting out of this experience. Does she think that behaving ethically when staring down the barrel of a disaster is the proper move? Finish the mission, no matter what? Martyr yourself to disable threats, no matter the cost?

Saying it like that, I'd argue for No, you move here.
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    So I think that counts as triggering my team move with the villain? Gotta get those raging emotions out there somehow.

Edit: Meanwhile, Ferraphim1tp is feeling like she missed a massive opportunity and isn't sure why.
    Haha! Sure!

I am now taking suggestions for what my first Advance should be. This happened a lot quicker than I thought/hoped it would, I'm not sure I know which is the most appropriate at the moment
    I'd argue that the moment of truth seems premature and I won't suggest other playbook's moves because you only get one of those. So, I could see No, you move, Mission first, or More than a shield depending on what you see Errant getting out of this experience. Does she think that behaving ethically when staring down the barrel of a disaster is the proper move? Finish the mission, no matter what? Martyr yourself to disable threats, no matter the cost?

No, you move is my personal favourite too.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

No, you move is my personal favourite too.
    Yeah, the shoe fits. Done.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

-h0pl3ssRomantic has logged in-

h0pl3ssRomantic: OMG I HATE SCHOOL ;-;-;

h0pl3ssRomantic: Why couldn't I have caught that last stream liveeeee! noooo it was so intense what is going happen to fara will she go back to normal?!?!?!? Will a new ship take place? That moment with Errant omggggg.

h0pl3ssRomantic: Anyways just wanted to stop by and tell everyone I miss them and hope that I can be watching more frequently. Also I found a bit of time to write an update!!! As a heads up it is a mini rebot as I wasnt happy with where it was going last time <3. Enjoy!

h0pl3ssRomantic:
    Spoiler
    Show

The smell of roasted beans permeated the air, the crowd was layed back and relaxed in the coffee shop. Not many people paid any head to the woman sitting in the back, something that did not happen often. Then again Sara was not often in such a drab outfit, it was a sign that she was waiting for something, well someone, and did not want to draw attention.

"Refill dear?" the barista asked, Sara grimaced as she gave a curt nod. The bell rang drawing her attention and despite everything a small smile crept to her face as the figure smiled back and headed for the corner.

"Make it two." She said her eyes glued to the other woman. The barista nodded and headed to fill the order.

"You are late idiot" She said as she looked at her watch to see how late.

"I got held up" Said Dominus with a pained look. She had not meant to make Sara wait. She took a moment to compose herself "and it was not for anything bad" She said quickly at the suspicious look on Sara's face. "I do believe that was a stipulation of the date. I plan nothing for today and you do no hero work" Of course Dominus held hope that with Sara at her side she could rule the world.

Sara gave a nod as the angry and suspicious look faded, replaced by a warm caring smile her hand hesitantly reached out and intertwined with domnius's. The other woman had the gall to blush. She smiled her **** sure attitude seeping out "I am glad you are here... and I will trust your word for now."

Dominus was trying so hard to keep her face from being a bright shade of red but it was not working, not with sara throwing such words at her! She wanted to feel upset but she couldn't bring herself to do so instead all she could feel is a burning affection for the other woman a desire to hold her.... to have her rule the world at her side. "I wouldn't have been late if I hadn't forgot my wallet." she confessed, "I remembered we said no crime so instead of hacking the system i just... went back to get it" she looked down embarrassed at the true reason which she had prayed not to tell Sara. However she was rewarded with peals of her laughter such a sweet and amazing sound Dominus swallowed hard her mouth suddenly very dry her palms felt sweaty. As she gazed into those perfect eyes dancing with joy.

Sara's laugh echoed through the coffee shop as she wiped a tear from the corner of her eyes, dominus could change. She could change her, with her guidance the two could make an amazing hero couple she knew it. She squeezed the other woman's hand as the barista brought back the coffee order, with great reluctance she let go to take hold of the coffee and sip at it giving Dominus a brief reprisal. She held the coffee in her hands warming them, she herself was a bit surprised at how nervous she was. Could she truly bring Dominus to the side of good? She took another sip of coffee to help calm herself.

Dominus cursed the barista as it meant she lost the feel of Sara's hands intertwined with her own. She took a breath and followed sara's example tasting the coffee it wasn't bad but it was lacking surely Sara deserved the best! She would make sure to get her some of the best coffee beans in the world so that she could truly experience great coffee! Her smile returned as she looked over to Sara. Then it all came crashing down,

Sirens in the distance Sara's eyes snapped to the door as she got tense. Her phone buzzing, she looked at it. A call to action she felt her face fall, she wasn't supposed to but.... She looked to dominus and the pain on her face was palpable, "I have... to take this" She said pained but Dominus should understand it wasn't her choice she was a hero she had an obligation! Truly she would understand.

Dominus felt herself nod she was numb the moment she had heard the sirens she knew what would happen. She managed to keep her voice even somehow "Go ahead" She couldn't even watch as Sara got up paid for the coffee and dashed out. She felt her heart tighten... A dark look on her face someone was going to pay for this, Someone was going to HURT for interrupting HER date. She got up and took the payment off the table fair was fair. She had things to plan she would make sara hers.

h0pl3ssRomantic: whoops that was supposed to be a text document not the entire..... *SIGH* oh well hope you all enjoy, going for a slow burn! Who will come out on top? Will Sara make Dominus a better person? OR will Dominus drag her into the world of suppervillanry! XoXoXo

I said I would write something forever ago and I finally did! I hope you all enjoyed this also Thanqol feel free to use h0pl3ssRomantic IC if you ever want I might write more but that depends if I feel better/up for it....

-Signed-
    Eldest's gf
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2019-03-15 at 03:07 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I could easily see Ferra getting super excited about the idea of engraving like this. Like, to the point of literally picking up Sarahphim and carrying her off so that she can have somebody with her to get something done. Which, actually, I think sums up where I think she's going in two sentances: she's first figuring out that she is a person, and then figuring out how to be a person.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-03-15 at 08:59 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: @SARAHPHIM right now
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    -h0pl3ssRomantic has logged in-
    Thank you for the fanfic~

Much appreciated!

I could easily see Ferra getting super excited about the idea of engraving like this. Like, to the point of literally picking up Sarahphim and carrying her off so that she can have somebody with her to get something done. Which, actually, I think sums up where I think she's going in two sentances: she's first figuring out that she is a person, and then figuring out how to be a person.
    I mean, Sara does have a hard light projector. She could do the engraving herself, if Ferra's cool with it being a depiction of her 87 Lotus Rebuke pattern.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, Sara does have a hard light projector. She could do the engraving herself, if Ferra's cool with it being a depiction of her 87 Lotus Rebuke pattern.
    "Ok first of all you have never had the patience or the restraint for fine engraving work. Second of all, she's her own person; not your billboard."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

I've had a fun series of days, I will probably be posting tomorrow afternoon. Sorry about the delay.
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

I've had a fun series of days, I will probably be posting tomorrow afternoon. Sorry about the delay.
    Eh, it's been like 3 days. I think one time I had people waiting for me for close to a month, so no stress. Sorry things aren't going better for you elsewhere

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Post will be up tomorrow morning. My partner has has a new and exciting health crisis which ended up with me being the only one able to work or drive the car, so it's been a busy period, not to mention stressful.
    LGBTA+itP

20. - Top - End - #290

Post will be up tomorrow morning. My partner has has a new and exciting health crisis which ended up with me being the only one able to work or drive the car, so it's been a busy period, not to mention stressful.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop, things get better soon. I'll hold off a bit longer

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

things get better soon
    Holding you to that. Post up!
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fighting off a mini depressive episode right now and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for generally being so good and so on the ball about contributing to this game. Having prose to chew on during my downtime has actually been super soothing and helpful. Appreciate it, sorry if I'm not really holding serve on my end

23. - Top - End - #293

I'm fighting off a mini depressive episode right now and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for generally being so good and so on the ball about contributing to this game. Having prose to chew on during my downtime has actually been super soothing and helpful. Appreciate it, sorry if I'm not really holding serve on my end
    Thanks for letting us know. I'll do what I can to keep this place fun and positive even if the rest of the world isn't

24. - Top - End - #294

Aaand that's an 8. Let's mark Angry, as it feels appropriate for the current circumstances.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #295

...So, just checking in. Is everyone alright? Phoekun, Eldest, I'm hoping things are okay on your end.

Also, did I kill momentum by talking to Ferra instead of waiting for Errant?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

I somehow missed that entire second paragraph in your last post! I am so sorry, I have no idea how I even did that.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    ...So, just checking in. Is everyone alright? Phoekun, Eldest, I'm hoping things are okay on your end.

Also, did I kill momentum by talking to Ferra instead of waiting for Errant?
    I know that taking my foot off the gas doesn't necessarily instantly shutter games but some days it feels that way.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

I know that taking my foot off the gas doesn't necessarily instantly shutter games but some days it feels that way.
    These sorts of comments make me feel really bad about myself and I wish you wouldn't make them. I'm sorry I've been silent, my social batteries got completely drained empty over the weekend and I unplugged from the internet to recharge faster. I popped my nose into the threads once or twice but since there wasn't any movement I figured I was fine not to rush

29. - Top - End - #299

These sorts of comments make me feel really bad about myself and I wish you wouldn't make them. I'm sorry I've been silent, my social batteries got completely drained empty over the weekend and I unplugged from the internet to recharge faster. I popped my nose into the threads once or twice but since there wasn't any movement I figured I was fine not to rush
    Sorry. I've been having a rough week myself but I shouldn't vent on people who aren't responsible.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry. I've been having a rough week myself but I shouldn't vent on people who aren't responsible.
    Oh shoot, I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I'd known, I would have pushed myself a little harder to write something sooner, or at least done less water treading when I did. Is there something else I can do to help out?