The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks OOC] Resurrection Roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Same age-ish, maybe a year or two older. She's Dr. Gears' granddaughter which puts her in the same age cohort as you lot. Most people you've met who weren't explicitly indicated to be old are in the 18-24 bracket with the rest of you; all of the villains on my list are in that age range for example.

Everyone Important Is Either A Teenager Or, Alternately, Super Old, is the foremost genre convention I must adhere to.
    Ok, so here's the thing...

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Ok, so here's the thing...
    The Shogun gets a pass under the 'smouldering vampire hottie' rule.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

The Shogun gets a pass under the 'smouldering vampire hottie' rule.
    Well thank goodness for that

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

So, my partner has read the last Euna-post to me... three times, and broke down squeeing every time. I think she's enjoying reading this game. She's slowly being converted to wanting to play Masks...

One of us, one of us...
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Crappy couple of days. Post tomorrow.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #636
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not gonna lie, when I heard Aztec Glam Dracula, my mind immediately went to Jareth the Goblin King. Not aztec, arguably not a Dracula, but Bowie haunts my mind eternal.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #637

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Not gonna lie, when I heard Aztec Glam Dracula, my mind immediately went to Jareth the Goblin King. Not aztec, arguably not a Dracula, but Bowie haunts my mind eternal.
    It was a Jojo's reference

and you're not out of the woods yet
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanqol, I hope youíve enjoyed this game, because I swear to Ourania that you will perish by my hands
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #639

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Thanqol, I hope youíve enjoyed this game, because I swear to Ourania that you will perish by my hands
    W o r t h.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Heads up for those who need it, I'm out of town starting on Friday and going till Monday while I give my boyfriend an early birthday present and fly off to LA for a two-night kpop concert featuring just about all of our favorite groups. I'll be checking in on the thread, but it's really unlikely I'll have any time to actually post until I'm back. All I can promise is that I should be current when I leave. Sorry if that winds up holding anything up!

11. - Top - End - #641

Heads up for those who need it, I'm out of town starting on Friday and going till Monday while I give my boyfriend an early birthday present and fly off to LA for a two-night kpop concert featuring just about all of our favorite groups. I'll be checking in on the thread, but it's really unlikely I'll have any time to actually post until I'm back. All I can promise is that I should be current when I leave. Sorry if that winds up holding anything up!
    Everyone's in solo scenes and they're in no danger of wrapping up immediately so you are totally fine. Stress not, enjoy kpop!
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

12. - Top - End - #642

Apropos of nothing, I found this absolute banger today and now I'm falling down the rabbit hole of everything this group has ever done.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

So part of my hangup here is that I'm not sure what I'd want to say Ferra's room is like. I know that it's in the middle of a transformation where she's adding rugs and dresses and soft, fuzzy fabrics to smooth the hard corners, but I'm trying to decide what form it takes, and (almost as important to me) if they've got her under (visible) observation by default. And I'm kind of stuck on this. I'll hammer something out tomorrow, if nothing else, but figured I'd invite ideas if possible.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    So part of my hangup here is that I'm not sure what I'd want to say Ferra's room is like. I know that it's in the middle of a transformation where she's adding rugs and dresses and soft, fuzzy fabrics to smooth the hard corners, but I'm trying to decide what form it takes, and (almost as important to me) if they've got her under (visible) observation by default. And I'm kind of stuck on this. I'll hammer something out tomorrow, if nothing else, but figured I'd invite ideas if possible.
    We can do a different scene entirely if you'd like. Did you have anything in mind?
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm. My first thought would be discussing power, responsibility, and humanity with a secondary npc. Comstar1, Junebug, Naota, or something involving a chat character are the ones that come to mind here?

Basically, she just had a "you are a demigod, pick divine or human" and she went "uhhhhhh". I figure her first instinct is to find somebody who would be decent to talk to about it. Comstar1 on the other hand would probably be discussing more multiverse stuff and the heck is this eye thing?
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-08-17 at 08:50 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #646

I'm not dead, promise. I'm just thinking of how to respond; I'll try to have a post up by tonight.

17. - Top - End - #647

Hm. My first thought would be discussing power, responsibility, and humanity with a secondary npc. Comstar1, Junebug, Naota, or something involving a chat character are the ones that come to mind here?

Basically, she just had a "you are a demigod, pick divine or human" and she went "uhhhhhh". I figure her first instinct is to find somebody who would be decent to talk to about it. Comstar1 on the other hand would probably be discussing more multiverse stuff and the heck is this eye thing?
    Oh sure, good idea. Do a scene transition to Comstar then, she's probably the right person in this context!
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

18. - Top - End - #648

I'm not dead, promise. I'm just thinking of how to respond; I'll try to have a post up by tonight.
    Strongly consider going to see Comstar and linking up with Ferra while you're there, I've had a great idea for what she's doing in prison right now.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

19. - Top - End - #649

Strongly consider going to see Comstar and linking up with Ferra while you're there, I've had a great idea for what she's doing in prison right now.
    Kickstarter reward fulfillment.

It never ends.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #650

Hey Eldest, you're kind of in a rhythm where you're posting every week and you have been for a long time. That isn't really enough to keep your character engaged in this game - I'm frequently finding myself having to sideline Ferra to varying degrees because you're not keeping the pace. I know that times are tough but the lack of engagement is really starting to pile up.

Where are you at regarding this?
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

21. - Top - End - #651

Double checking to make sure I understand correctly: Comstar1 is the one who was captured first, while Comstar2 is the one who made the video and came back to kill her twin.

Also, maybe probably not relevant: which was playing Romeo and which was Juliet?

22. - Top - End - #652

Double checking to make sure I understand correctly: Comstar1 is the one who was captured first, while Comstar2 is the one who made the video and came back to kill her twin.

Also, maybe probably not relevant: which was playing Romeo and which was Juliet?
    Correct yes. Comstar2 is the Evil Dimension Comstar. Comstar1 is purely self absorbed and petty while Comstar2 is self absorbed, petty and malicious.

Comstar1 was Juliet, but neither of them came out with anything resembling dignity there.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-08-22 at 12:12 AM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Comstar1 was Juliet, but neither of them came out with anything resembling dignity there.
    For what it's worth, I thought it was perfectly obvious which was which.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Eldest, you're kind of in a rhythm where you're posting every week and you have been for a long time. That isn't really enough to keep your character engaged in this game - I'm frequently finding myself having to sideline Ferra to varying degrees because you're not keeping the pace. I know that times are tough but the lack of engagement is really starting to pile up.

Where are you at regarding this?
    I.... honestly don't know. OT never let up (frankly it's their standard to just have 9 hour days, apparently) and my weekend is Weds/Thurs, west coast of the us. That really, really doesn't match up with your aussie normal weekends as far as when posts happen. That's not to say I won't work on improving, it's saying that I don't know where I'm standing, and I'm fretting about it.

Also, I'm sick this week, and that really isn't helping. Post up tomorrow morning. Hammered this out before bed, because I want to be transparent about what's up with me.
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #655

For what it's worth, I thought it was perfectly obvious which was which.
    That's great to hear! It's a challenge making clones of each other who are also in character verbally distinct through dialogue alone, so I'm really happy that I succeeded.

I.... honestly don't know. OT never let up (frankly it's their standard to just have 9 hour days, apparently) and my weekend is Weds/Thurs, west coast of the us. That really, really doesn't match up with your aussie normal weekends as far as when posts happen. That's not to say I won't work on improving, it's saying that I don't know where I'm standing, and I'm fretting about it.

Also, I'm sick this week, and that really isn't helping. Post up tomorrow morning. Hammered this out before bed, because I want to be transparent about what's up with me.
    I don't want this game to be a continuing source of stress for you. If you need to take a break to focus on life things I'll totally understand and keep a seat warm for you
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't want this game to be a continuing source of stress for you. If you need to take a break to focus on life things I'll totally understand and keep a seat warm for you
    I think I'm going to try and focus on posting more frequently and reliably instead. If it's still a problem, let me know, but I will be honest, this game is one of a handful of fun things I've got going on right now (the other big one being a D&D game that's weekly), and I would really hate to take a break from it. At the same time, it's not fair to everyone else if I'm dragging the pace down. So, improvement.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #657

I think I'm going to try and focus on posting more frequently and reliably instead. If it's still a problem, let me know, but I will be honest, this game is one of a handful of fun things I've got going on right now (the other big one being a D&D game that's weekly), and I would really hate to take a break from it. At the same time, it's not fair to everyone else if I'm dragging the pace down. So, improvement.
    If you can manage it that would be the optimal outcome, just don't burn yourself out in trying!
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

28. - Top - End - #658

Post first thing tomorrow
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

Computer issues this morning. Post tonight.
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, hey Euna, look at me

Iím unlocking my Moment of Truth

And Iím gonna use it right in front of you next issue, you gay disaster
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.