The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks OOC] Resurrection Roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Con update day 1:

I don't know what was more hilarious - that I (the USA) was the only one who ignored the treaty against building time weapons, or that everyone else was surprised when we unleashed them.

Turns out an arms race is real easy to win if you're the only one running.
    You're the reason economists keep putting both prisoners in jail for the longest sentence.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Post up this afternoon.
    LGBTA+itP

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Post up this afternoon.
    I really wanted to get some early reactions out of the way before they piled up and crushed me like a bug, but I deliberately stayed neutral in the scene so that you can take it over however you want to. Really looking forward to seeing what you do!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

I forgot to roll to reject! (2d6)[7]

I think this is a pretty dramatic "I am not normal", so potential for proving him wrong. Clearing Angry from regenerating, also changing the powers, appearance, and debating on doing gender identity, removing influence or forgetting lessons. Frankly, I wish the "forget lessons" was "forget a lesson", since with how often I end up dying, going back to square one seems rough.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-10-06 at 11:05 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #755
    Colossus in the Playground

I forgot to roll to reject! [roll0]

I think this is a pretty dramatic "I am not normal", so potential for proving him wrong. Clearing Angry from regenerating, also changing the powers, appearance, and debating on doing gender identity, removing influence or forgetting lessons. Frankly, I wish the "forget lessons" was "forget a lesson", since with how often I end up dying, going back to square one seems rough.
    Note that you're getting some new lessons from Comstar's influence:

- I am a STAR!
    - A superhero should always be the centre of attention!
    - Always go BIGGER!
    - Never think about the consequences of your actions
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-10-06 at 11:19 PM.
    If the sun won't rise on our horizon
    We'll march on to spite the skies.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Note that you're getting some new lessons from Comstar's influence:

- I am a STAR!
    - A superhero should always be the centre of attention!
    - Always go BIGGER!
    - Never think about the consequences of your actions
    Well that makes picking the third thing easy, lessons I suppose (replacing with those). Now then.

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod...
    LGBTA+itP

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Disclaimer: this @SARAHPHIM is what happens when you raise a Sara in a terrible, casually bigoted work environment. She absolutely should be punched and her terrible opinions are a reflection of neither her writer or Sara Prime.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

So to be clear. Ferra hijacked the stream, all the cameras were on her when she got up. Timing-wise, it could work out still if they're posting in response to seeing the Saras crowding Euna, just wanted to be transparent about what I was doing.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #759

So to be clear. Ferra hijacked the stream, all the cameras were on her when she got up. Timing-wise, it could work out still if they're posting in response to seeing the Saras crowding Euna, just wanted to be transparent about what I was doing.
    *Nod* Yeah, that's what happened, there was just a bit of time delay before that factored in to what people were saying. Sorry if anything wasn't clear, I am still very post-con.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

*Nod* Yeah, that's what happened, there was just a bit of time delay before that factored in to what people were saying. Sorry if anything wasn't clear, I am still very post-con.
    *thumbsup*
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I was reading some old stuff with arcadia on the forum, and noticed something you said thanqol. Do you play go? You made a reference to it in a post is why i am asking. If ao want to play a game?

- the shipping gf (i had a forum name change)
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Wizibirb View Post
    I was reading some old stuff with arcadia on the forum, and noticed something you said thanqol. Do you play go? You made a reference to it in a post is why i am asking. If ao want to play a game?

- the shipping gf (i had a forum name change)
    I have played exactly two games of it ever - but I won't say no to a challenge!

I have no idea/can't remember what you're referring to with Arcadia; could you give me some context for your question?

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea/can't remember what you're referring to with Arcadia; could you give me some context for your question?
    Arcadia is me. It's another name I use basically everywhere but here.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #764

NecromancerGirl

I couldnt remember what eldest went by on the forums but yeah eldest - arcadia.

Also yay do you have an ogs account? (Online go server?)
    I am alive!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Point of Order: I don’t think Influence is interchangeable between dimensionally shifted Saras? I wouldn’t mind except that canceling out Sara Prime’s Influence because another Sara is being mean to you is a lil weird? I mean, I can see it, tho, so I guess just flagging for clarification?

Edit Note: putting my cards on the table, I’ve been running @SARAHPHIM, AGENT OF A.E.G.I.S. (yeaaaaaaaah!!) like an NPC, so I can’t have her refuse here; she’s not as important to our story as Sara Prime is.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2019-10-08 at 01:34 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Point of Order: I don’t think Influence is interchangeable between dimensionally shifted Saras? I wouldn’t mind except that canceling out Sara Prime’s Influence because another Sara is being mean to you is a lil weird? I mean, I can see it, tho, so I guess just flagging for clarification?

Edit Note: putting my cards on the table, I’ve been running @SARAHPHIM, AGENT OF A.E.G.I.S. (yeaaaaaaaah!!) like an NPC, so I can’t have her refuse here; she’s not as important to our story as Sara Prime is.
    I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand, canceling out the influence from this version of @SARAHPHIM feels like it's objectively the correct move, and narratively it makes for a good lead-in to him stepping out from Sara Prime's shadow. On the other hand, I can totally see where you're coming from with it being weird to cancel out one character because of another.

On yet a third hand, there's a part of me also worried about going through this with each of the other dimensional duplicates, and wants to selfishly cancel all the influence so Victor doesn't have to be influenced by and cancel out each new Sara alternate in turn.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand, canceling out the influence from this version of @SARAHPHIM feels like it's objectively the correct move, and narratively it makes for a good lead-in to him stepping out from Sara Prime's shadow. On the other hand, I can totally see where you're coming from with it being weird to cancel out one character because of another.

On yet a third hand, there's a part of me also worried about going through this with each of the other dimensional duplicates, and wants to selfishly cancel all the influence so Victor doesn't have to be influenced by and cancel out each new Sara alternate in turn.
    I think cancelling out duplicates' influence as a unit is fine if you want to do it, but @Sarahphim prime is still your Sara and if you're mad at her you should say it to her face.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

I think cancelling out duplicates' influence as a unit is fine if you want to do it, but @Sarahphim prime is still your Sara and if you're mad at her you should say it to her face.
    I like that! Yeah, Victor is done with these shenanigans and has influence/knows what buttons to push for all the others, that works super well.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Two things:

1) I'm really hoping to see Ferra go ham here and aggressively demand the spotlight and the attention of her stupid jerk teammate who keeps ignoring her because she is awful and the worst

2) Really surprised I've been in a scene with 6 Saras for this long and not gotten hit with a label shift

20. - Top - End - #770

So what's the roll for bullfighting an AI-fuelled farm facility while using your teammate as the red flag?

EDIT: Also, do any of you have a copy of the AEGIS playbooks downloaded? The link in the OP has redirected to some guy's car blog, for some reason, and while I downloaded the main book and the standard playbooks, I must've forgotten to download the AEGIS specific PDF.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2019-10-08 at 02:14 PM.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Two things:

1) I'm really hoping to see Ferra go ham here and aggressively demand the spotlight and the attention of her stupid jerk teammate who keeps ignoring her because she is awful and the worst

2) Really surprised I've been in a scene with 6 Saras for this long and not gotten hit with a label shift
    That is in fact the plan. She's basically going to dismiss the various Saras, and do something flamboyant and short sighted. Just trying to decide on what.

Edit: Sorry Euna...

So I don't see her as fully self aware enough to know "I want the spotlight" even if she does. So she's putting that instead in the context of "I am the best, and we have a job, ergo we will focus on me doing the job".
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-10-08 at 10:36 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #772

NecromancerGirl

So I didn't notice which account was on this computer. If you need me to redo that on my account I can, but meh, if you don't care I'm leaving it.

~eldest, no really
    I am alive!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

So, back on my own profile, Ferra is still able to reject the comstar lessons, right? Because I think that'd be quite a neat scene in this sequence, if the opportunity arises.
    LGBTA+itP

24. - Top - End - #774

So, back on my own profile, Ferra is still able to reject the comstar lessons, right? Because I think that'd be quite a neat scene in this sequence, if the opportunity arises.
    I would say that rejecting those lessons is the point.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Victor has narrative priority here, btw
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm actually waiting on Ferra, myself. Go nuts!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

I will take a stab at posting before work tomorrow. If not, when I get home for sure. Kind of mulling over what to do still.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #778

I trusted you raz

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

I trusted you raz
    And your faith was rewarded, surely?

30. - Top - End - #780

I trusted you raz
    "It is my nature" said the scorpion.