The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks OOC] Resurrection Roundabout

Ferra is not going to resist Dr. Gears' influence, so that means she gets a condition marked instead. Do I pick the condition or do you?
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Ferra is not going to resist Dr. Gears' influence, so that means she gets a condition marked instead. Do I pick the condition or do you?
    You pick, whatever feels right.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Work has been running me ragged for the past few days. I'll have a post up in the morning, when I'm feeling slightly less a zombie.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

I am deeply resentful of my idiot brain and it's inability to make my ideas read as cool as they felt inside my head.

Though by the same token I'm proud of the fact that I managed to make that disconnect not knock me off track for a week. See, I've been growing in my time away!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

As a note, I defined a bit about what I figure Ferra's new powers would do on her sheet. In short, I figure that it's not, like, pyromancy or cryromancy, she can heat and cool items dramatically. I considered showing it off by having her melt off a bit of the security drone into a shield, but decided against it.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-02-05 at 11:50 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I am deeply resentful of my idiot brain and it's inability to make my ideas read as cool as they felt inside my head.

Though by the same token I'm proud of the fact that I managed to make that disconnect not knock me off track for a week. See, I've been growing in my time away!
    I really appreciate it, actually - this game's moving at a great pace and that's an enormously healthy. When a piece of writing has forward momentum like that it's very easy to push past small mistakes - which is important because games usually take 3-4 pages to fully click.

As a note, I defined a bit about what I figure Ferra's new powers would do on her sheet. In short, I figure that it's not, like, pyromancy or cryromancy, she can heat and cool items dramatically. I considered showing it off by having her melt off a bit of the security drone into a shield, but decided against it.
    Looks good to me!
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

For clarity, are we inside the vault, or just outside it? Or is Ferra inside and Brainstorm outside?
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #128

For clarity, are we inside the vault, or just outside it? Or is Ferra inside and Brainstorm outside?
    Ferra is inside, Brainstorm is outside. Ferra ran back the way she came to meet up with Brainstorm, Brainstorm is running away from megagoons back towards the vault door, the door closed behind Ferra after she went through initially. So you're both on opposite sides of the door here and there are megagoons closing in behind Brainstorm.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Incidentally, if Iím right and I need to Take A Powerful Blow here, I got a 6 - and, yes, thatís with conditions.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Incidentally, if Iím right and I need to Take A Powerful Blow here, I got a 6 - and, yes, thatís with conditions.
    Rad, low is good on that roll. Mark potential and no side effects.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Two things:

1) What if anything do I need to roll to kick Comstar and Sarahphim at the same time?

2) the early framework of this next post is crazy stupid fun to write and I am very excited about it

12. - Top - End - #132

Two things:

1) What if anything do I need to roll to kick Comstar and Sarahphim at the same time?
    Your attacking Sarahphim is the villain making moves through the medium of your cybernetic limbs, you don't roll the dice for that. Moreover, Sarahphim's directly engage has 'given you an opportunity' so you can use that to temporarily regain control and roll Directly Engage - or you can use the opportunity to do something else if you've got it in mind.

2) the early framework of this next post is crazy stupid fun to write and I am very excited about it
    :D Then I am doing my job right
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-06 at 09:02 PM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

I am actually having a hard time thinking of a good solution to the door that is not "melt my way through" right now, outside of possibly using the adaptive ability thing, in which case: Thanqol, how do you want to handle that? You throw out an ability and how it's relevant, or what? I'm trying to think of a decent one, I'll probably throw out a few ideas tomorrow.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #134

I am actually having a hard time thinking of a good solution to the door that is not "melt my way through" right now, outside of possibly using the adaptive ability thing, in which case: Thanqol, how do you want to handle that? You throw out an ability and how it's relevant, or what? I'm trying to think of a decent one, I'll probably throw out a few ideas tomorrow.
    I'd prefer you to have creative control over your adaptive powers. It always feels weird when I'm forced to think up a solution to my own puzzles.

Keep in mind the fact that they're sourced from a Rx core, which is themed around weird interdimensional overlap stuff. So portals, bringing through stuff from parallel realities, cosmic tear stuff, limited time travel - disruptive stuff, basically. Can be weirder or simpler but that's always a great starting point.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-08 at 03:23 AM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm. That does actually present a thought. I've been theming her regen power swap being between different possible Ferras, and that was what I was picturing for her adapting ability, but having it be more direct "weird stuff" makes more sense. Works great for me, I'll write up a post of her attempt tomorrow.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. That does actually present a thought. I've been theming her regen power swap being between different possible Ferras, and that was what I was picturing for her adapting ability, but having it be more direct "weird stuff" makes more sense. Works great for me, I'll write up a post of her attempt tomorrow.
    I'm really excited thinking about how potentially open ended A mind of their own makes Ferra's skill set, particularly in light of the setting we're playing in. Everybody's tech based and relatively mundane (or limited, if you prefer), and then here is this robot whose heart is a crystallized hole in the fabric of reality and she can do... anything, really. She's like a walking portal back to 100 years ago when superheroes were super, only none of it's consistent.

It's like, how do all of the relatively normal people around her not freak out about this? Does the fact that problems sometimes just sort of solve themselves when she's around make it more difficult for Ferra to properly connect with and join humanity properly? Villains must be lining up around the block to kidnap her and either copy the tech or turn her toward some nefarious end. The weirder you make it, the cooler the ramifications for the larger world become.

I know that personally I work a lot better under heavy restrictions than I do with a tabula quite so rasa, so I wouldn't blame you in the slightest for dialing it back from just flexing on every scene forever. But I was a fan of your regeneration scene so just... yeah. I'm pretty jazzed about getting to play in a game with Ferra in it.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty, let's do it. Marking angry to use a mind of their own. Following a directive, so I will move down superior and raise freak (she is not longer sure she knows more than humanity, but she's really sure that she's not like them after trying this). Then we're going to try to shift the rules of physics for a block .25m by 1m by 2.25m in the door, specifically the weak nuclear force is far weaker, resulting in a theoretical physicist's wet dream by my relative layman's understanding of the physics involved, the matter involved sublimating into tiny black holes which immediately vanish in a burst of Hawkings radiation. If this specific idea is too far out there for anybody, do say and I'll walk it back and try something a bit tamer, but this was what came to mind overnight.

Unleash Your Power: (2d6+3)[11]
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #138

The weirder you make it, the cooler the ramifications for the larger world become.
    Spot on analysis.

Alrighty, let's do it. Marking angry to use a mind of their own. Following a directive, so I will move down superior and raise freak (she is not longer sure she knows more than humanity, but she's really sure that she's not like them after trying this). Then we're going to try to shift the rules of physics for a block .25m by 1m by 2.25m in the door, specifically the weak nuclear force is far weaker, resulting in a theoretical physicist's wet dream by my relative layman's understanding of the physics involved, the matter involved sublimating into tiny black holes which immediately vanish in a burst of Hawkings radiation. If this specific idea is too far out there for anybody, do say and I'll walk it back and try something a bit tamer, but this was what came to mind overnight.

Unleash Your Power: [roll0]
    Sounds great, make your post :D
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-08 at 04:49 PM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Question for the scene: I am in control of myself again, yes?

20. - Top - End - #140

Question for the scene: I am in control of myself again, yes?
    Mostly! Comstar might try to reassert control later but it will take focus she can't currently spare.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Post coming tomorrow, had to deal with surprise snowstorm today.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #142

You too, huh? I'll wait to post until Ferra quantum physics her way out of the vault.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    You too, huh? I'll wait to post until Ferra quantum physics her way out of the vault.
    You are just as fine to post how you hold off the megagoons until then, so there's no need to wait on that one.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

24. - Top - End - #144

Aaaand that's a five on Directly Engaging a Threat.

25. - Top - End - #145

Aaaand that's a five on Directly Engaging a Threat.
    Roll for taking a powerful blow and stand by for FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

E: Also you always get the +1 when Defending someone you have Influence over.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-09 at 08:00 PM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

26. - Top - End - #146

Let's see how bad this can get. (2d6)[10] Let's go for lose control of powers in a terrible way.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2019-02-09 at 10:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Let's see how bad this can get. [roll0] Let's go for lose control of powers in a terrible way.
    Okay, now for me to figure out how you LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR GIANT BRAIN
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-09 at 11:24 PM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Okay, now for me to figure out how you LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR GIANT BRAIN
    you f***ed up a perfectly good genius is what you did. Look at him, he's got anxiety.

Alternatively, you could have his cybernetics malfunction. I've been thinking of it as lots of not-quite-nanobots, all working in sequence, to make limbs that can change shape as needed. There's a lot of things that can go wrong there, whether that's failing to function, delivering the wrong function, destroying a supply of +gadget in a fit of errant compression, disconnecting and falling off entirely.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Guess whose power died?

If you guessed mine, you'd be right!

So I'm currently at the college next to my apartment, charging all my electric stuff and mooching their wifi and heat. Not really in the headspace for a post, will try to asap but kind of focused on the power thing.
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #150

Guess whose power died?

If you guessed mine, you'd be right!

So I'm currently at the college next to my apartment, charging all my electric stuff and mooching their wifi and heat. Not really in the headspace for a post, will try to asap but kind of focused on the power thing.
    Oh no! In winter that's especially sucky.

If you could get in a post really quick it would be super helpful for me, though
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-02-10 at 04:05 PM.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Omae wa mo shinderu