New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Question Lizardfolk specific subclass for barbarian, Path of the Beast

I've always felt Lizardfolk Barbarians are one of my personal favourite combos in dnd and something that is super fun to play. A raging beast of flesh and scales running into battle with a blind feral bloodlust is something so cool that I almost choose Lizardfolk every time. Now in saying that I believe a subclass based around increasing the Lizardfolk's bite ability to the point where it's better to use your bite than a weapon is something I'd love to see but I haven't really seen it done yet so I decided to try and make my own. I also think this is something that most racial specific subclasses are missing, using the racial traits in the main subclass is something that'd explain a racial bonus while also giving some good flavour to each subclass. Now, onto the main subclass

Prehistoric Strikes
    Starting at 3rd level, your Jaws become rows of blades with each one poised to kill. You gain a claw attack that deals slashing damage equal to 1d6 + your strength modifier. Your Jaws and Claw attack deal 1d8 at 6th level, 1d10 at 10th level and 1d12 at 14th level.

Feral Warrior
    Starting at 3rd level, you can send yourself into a feral rage and allow yourself to resolve to animalistic combat. While raging if you attack only with your unarmed strikes you can use your hungry jaws but you roll attack at disadvantage.

Improved Biology
    Starting at 6th level, in becoming a animalistic warrior your biology has adjusted to fit your new lifestyle. You can eat, inhale and drink nonmagical toxic substances and breathe underwater.

Sharpened Jaws
    Starting at 6th level, your fangs become sharper than any normal blade or weapon. Your damage from your unarmed strikes ignore resistance to slashing and piercing damage.

Armour Breaker
    Starting at 10th level, armour and materials are torn to shreds by the power of your physical might. Your damage from your unarmed strikes ignore immunity to slashing and piercing damage.

Unstoppable
    Starting at 14th level, you become a force of nature, something that will always deal damage and can be pushed but almost never stopped. While raging you gain a bonus to all saving throws equal to your strength saving throw modifier.

I tried to make this work but I can tell how this may be OP or UP in a few ways or maybe how some abilities should be switched around. Any changes that people can see that would help it and maybe if someone would like to give suggestions on changes to the names and the non mechanic part of each ability then please say since I've never been good at making that in my subclasses.
    Last edited by Mystical-man; 2019-01-13 at 08:47 AM.