New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default SWSE Stealth Scout/Jedi into Melee Duelist build advice

Hello Everyone! so in 2 weeks i'll be playing my first game of SWSE with some friends and could use some build advice.

i plan on making a stealth/ninja/infiltrator type of character, so i chose to build a dex based human melee scout/jedi multiclass that will take a few lvs of melee duelist for dex to damage. note: jedi class/abilities wont be available until around roughly lv 7~10 due to the nature of the campaign.

i really could use some advice on how to effectively build this since this is my first character in this system. though i know things like to take the talents clear mind>force haze and evasion>improved stealth>hidden moment since they would be good for this build.

all stats start at 10, afterwards we have 15 points to assign (kinda like the starfinder RPG point buy system) not sure in what order to assign them. maybe str 12, dex 16, con 10, int 13, wis 10, cha 14? also GM as stated that we will be leveling up pretty fast compared to other games since he's basing it off check points rather then EXP.

Some questions i need help with:
    1) would scout 7/jedi 2 be a good entry into melee duelist?
    2) can i dump str for this build or i'm i gonna need points in it to just survive until i get dex to damage?
    3) what talents should i take in what order?
    4) what would you suggest for my first 2 feats since i can't take weapon finesse and rapid strike at 1st lv? weapon focus and Melee Defense for starters i assume?
    5) should i not bother with jedi lvs and just take force sensitivity and weapon proficiency (lightsaber) when i get to that point?
    Last edited by ShiningCrusader; 2019-01-14 at 02:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: SWSE Stealth Scout/Jedi into Melee Duelist build advice

1) Yes, maybe add some Soldier

2) Why not JK -> Ataru now?

3) You want some Force Training for lightsaber moves from Jedi Academy

4) It will become obvious to you

5) Roleplaying reasons aside, either build a proper duelist Jedi or drop the lightsaber and build a proper Soldier/Scout meleeist