New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of Tiro

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Default Secrets of Tiro

You wake up and realize that it is completely dark with no sources of light. If you are an elf or half-elf you also have a horrible headache (-2 on attack rolls and skill checks that require focus).

Dark Vision
    Spoiler
    Show
    You appear to be in some underground area. The walls are about 30 feet apart and made of grey bricks which appear to be fairly rough. A large iron double door takes up a wall itself about 10 feet from where you are. The ceiling is about 9 feet high and is made of the same bricks as the walls. You can see that the corridor continues past 60 feet, but that is the limit of your vision.

Dinlo wakes up and realizes that it is dark. Unable to see he calls out to the party as he stands up. "Ho, anyone else still here?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Default Re: Secrets of Tiro

Serenae also wakes up and sees that it's dark. "I'm over here " she says as she studies the surroundings.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 = 9

3. - Top - End - #3

MonkGuy

(Hey, so did I miss the update on how we got to this? Last I remember is we got our items from the wall and they talked to us. Oh, and how do you put in the spoiler tag? Incase I do something that can only be seen if they have dark vision, like stick my tounge out at you or something Would also be good to know if we have our stuff or not still)

Riyu stands up slowly lighting a torch (based on whether he has it or not) to see the surroundings easier.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2007-09-25 at 01:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Imp

(You still have all your items (including the torch which means everyone can read the dark vision spoiler now) and you haven't missed anything. You guys got the items and decided to rest in the palace, now you are waking up here, fun mystery time. To do a spoiler just do this [Spo iler] text [/Spoiler] but without the space between the o and i in the first one.

5. - Top - End - #5

MonkGuy

(okay so I'm just testing it
    Monk's:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    wow, you acctually clicked all of them to see what I wrote? Your way gullible! And hey, your not a monk! You shouldn't be reading this cause you don't fit the requirement! CHEATER!

K, lets see if that works. . . )

6. - Top - End - #6

MonkGuy

(since no one else is posting, I'm gonna go again I guess.)
    Riyu looks around at everyone else, trying to gauge who is there and how they are fairing. "This corridor seems to continue on a little more, do you know where it leads Dinlo?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sarin looks around at the party.
    "I'm alright. How is everyone else fairing who hasn't answered?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Realizing that she didn't answer about how she is fairing, Serenae says, "I'm good. Minorly confused, but good."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elyssia stands up slowly. "Does anyone else feel like they've been hit in the head with a hammer?" She looks around. "Where are we, and how did we get here?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Geroshar gets up and looks around at everyone else. "I'm all right...."

11. - Top - End - #11

Imp

Sarin remember that you have a headache (see first post). Oh, and I'll try to seperate DM stuff from char stuff by simply hitting enter. So yeah.

Dinlo looks around as he responds to Riyu "I believe we are in the dungeons beneath the palace. I've never been here myself, but if I had to guess where this passageway leads I'd have to say," Dinlo points down the passage "that way."

12. - Top - End - #12

MonkGuy

Riyu thinks silently to Rilla "Rilla, do you know why the elves have pain in their heads?" and stares at Dinlo from the corner of his eyes like he's reached a new level of idiocy. "The corridor leads that way. . . you'd be very useful to the blind. Is there any help you can offer our group as to where we go from here to question the King, or someone else less deadly to us, who might tell us what has happened and how we may stop this mist or whatever these items are for?" Riyu walks slowly over to the iron door and tries listening through it:

1d20 + 5 =23

13. - Top - End - #13

Imp

Riyu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rilla speaks into your mind.Various spells were cast last night to make everyone fall asleep. Since the elves are immune to sleep I assume something more persausive was used. Unfortunetly I cannot say who due to some kind of magical darkness that was present. You hear nothing through the door, but do hear what sounds like running water coming from somewhere down the tunnel.

Dinlo walks to the iron door and examines it. "This door is locked, but I can't figure out how. There is no locking mechanism or beam to lock it. It must be some kind of magic. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful Riyu, but that way does seem to be our only option. I suggest we pack up and head out. I can take front with Serenae and Geroshnar while the rest of you watch our backs."

Search - 1d20 + 9 = 23
    Last edited by Trinak; 2007-10-01 at 06:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Serenae looks around to the group and says, "I'm okay with heading down the corridor. But I'm not being held responsible for any people/monsters that we might run into that want to kill us. However, I will be more than willing to hit them with my axe. Shall we head out?"

15. - Top - End - #15

MonkGuy

Riyu begins down the long hall behind everyone else, taking quick glances behind him every few steps.

He thinks to Rilla
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Rilla, are you saying there was someone else in that chamber with all of us as we slept? I know you said you didn't know who it was, but were there any clues who it could have been, or what they want from us?"
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2007-10-04 at 12:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Imp

Ok, just a DM post, holding off on char posts till others who haven't posted yet have that chance (cause they need to post, you know who you are).
    Riyu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rilla speaks into your mind: Whoever it was had to be a gifted magic user to be able to block all of us. I'm afraid I don't know much else. However, what is really scaring us is that all of us have such huge gaps in our memories. We all remember our creation and choosing names, then there seems to be nothing till you all found us. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sarin walks beside Elyssia, looking around the passageway. Her head hurts a bit. She says a silent prayer to Pelor to help guide them.
    "Riyu do you have any idea where this leads?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Geroshnar silently nodded, and then started walking down the path, near the front of the group.

19. - Top - End - #19

MonkGuy

Riyu looks at Sarin, then at Dinlo, then back forward (with occasional glances back) and says "Just that it leads "that way" according to Dinlo"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elyssia tries to ignore her pounding head as she thinks to Arin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you know where we are, or why my head hurts?

21. - Top - End - #21

Imp

The dungeon continues on for quite abit until finally you all come to a large cavern. The cavern is huge and no one can see quite how far back or wide it is. The ceiling alone seems to be about 120 feet high. The walls are natural stone unlike the walls of the previous dungeon corridor. You can see what appears to be a river or stream running through the cavern, but other than that nothing of real interest.

Elyssia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arin speaks into your mind. None of us really know what happened last night. Some stupid meany cast a spell that made it so we couldn't see what was going on while you meditated. If I ever find out who did it though you and I can smoosh them to bits.

Dinlo looks around the cavern. Lets at least stick in pairs, and explore this area. I'll go with Elyssia.
    Last edited by Trinak; 2007-10-09 at 03:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sarin looks at the group. Her head is still hurting. I'll go with Geroshnar to inspect the farther side of the cavern. That work with everyone?

23. - Top - End - #23

MonkGuy

Riyu looks down at Serenae and then walks away in a the other direction (as in where the other 2 groups didn't go) searching and listening along the wall

Spot: d20 + 14 = (14+ 14 ) = 28
    Search d20+ 2 = (4 + 2) = 6
    Listen d20 + 5 = (19 + 5) = 24

24. - Top - End - #24

Imp

Riyu, Sarin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense that something is not right with the cavern, but can't figure out what.

Riyu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing seems out of place, but you still can't shake the feeling that this cavern shouldn't be here. The walls just don't feel right. The only thing that really seems ok is the river so far.

From what it looks like, Group A (Dinlo, Elyssia) will explore the left part of the cavern, Group B (Sarin, Geroshnar) are heading straight up through the middle, while Group C (Riyu, Serenae) are now heading towards the river which is mainly located to the right of the cavern. Tell me what your chars are doing and give me spot, listen, and search checks as needed.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Serenae, who is walking with Riyu, looks into the river and wonders what is beneath the surface.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 = 14
    Search: 1d20 + 6 = 8
    Listen: 1d20 + 11 = 30

26. - Top - End - #26

MonkGuy

(Some people (*cough, cough* becca/dallas *cough,cough* need to post more so it doesn't look like I post so much :) )
    Riyu looks up and down the river (So DM, is there another side of the river? does it come out of the wall and go back into a wall? Or is there an open cave at both ends of the river?) and across it to the other side, and then looks down to try and see the bottom of the river. Riyu then looks over at Serenae wondering how well she can swim. Riyu then begins searching along the river length towards the opposite side of the cave.

dm
    Spoiler
    Show
    Riyu thinks to Rilla "You picking anything up about this river? Or why the cavern feels so weird?"

Spot: d20 + 14 = (16+ 14 ) = 30
    Search d20+ 2 = (15 + 2) = 17
    Listen d20 + 5 = (3 + 5) = 8
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2007-10-20 at 04:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elyssia walks slowly toward the left side of the cavern with Dinlo.

Spot: 1d20 + 13 = 18
    Search: 1d20 + 12 = 26
    Listen: 1d20 + 13 = 24

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sarin looks around the floor, then up and all around. She glances at Geroshar.

Spot: d20 8+2= 10
    Listen: d20 11+5= 16
    Search: d20 14+5= 19

29. - Top - End - #29

Imp

The river appears to come forth from a cavern, but no sides to head up unless you want to swim it. The river is about 50 feet across, but you are unable to see the bottom or where it leads to as it winds it way through the cave.
    Riyu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rilla speaks to your mind, she sounds confused. Cave? What Cave? As you look into the river you spot a round object seemingly lodged about 20 feet underwater on the opposite bank.

Elyssia
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you search the cave walls there seems to be an unusual spot. Upon closer inspection it looks like a button of some sort.

Serenae
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear cascading water, perhaps a waterfall, fairly far away though.

Dinlo follows beside Elyssia as they look around the left side.

Spot:1d20 + 7 = 24
    Search:1d20 + 9 = 10 (natural 1)
    Listen:1d20 + 7 = 18
    Last edited by Trinak; 2007-10-20 at 12:19 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

MonkGuy

dm
    Spoiler
    Show
    Riyu thinks to Rilla "What do you mean what cave? I asked about the cavern we are in, Do you feel or sense anything about it? And can you make out anything on that round object in the water?"

Riyu focus's in on the round object lodged on the other side of the bank about 20ft underwater and points to it. "Serenae, do you see that? Can you make anything out about it?" Riyu then looks at Serenae trying to gauge how well she can swim, having never been taught how himself.