New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: (Ironclaw) Maps

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

d6 (Ironclaw) Maps

Hail, good folk!

I wanted to know if there is a full world map for the Ironclaw setting; while there are the continent maps, i wanted to show my players the relative position of each landmass

Does anyone know of such a thing? Or do I have to make do with the descriptions and the smaller maps?

Thanks <3

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: (Ironclaw) Maps

I haven't played Ironclaw in a long, long time. Shame really, it's one of those "silly" games, where silly means "it's more fun if you just go with it".

I don't remember what maps we originally used, but I've since been able to Google these ones; hopefully they are what you're thinking of?

Kharathel.com

You might be interested to learn that the Ironclaw world does not have continents, just one big landmass and a huge list of islands and archipelagos.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-01-17 at 06:34 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #3

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I haven't played Ironclaw in a long, long time. Shame really, it's one of those "silly" games, where silly means "it's more fun if you just go with it".

I don't remember what maps we originally used, but I've since been able to Google these ones; hopefully they are what you're thinking of?

Kharathel.com

You might be interested to learn that the Ironclaw world does not have continents, just one big landmass and a huge list of islands and archipelagos.
    hmm maybe there is a difference, but im talking about the second edition (Square the Circle?)

I have the omnibus, plus horn and ivory and jade, and they refer to Calabria and Zhongguo/Akoma as being two (? thats what i gathered from the maps in the books) different continents/islands

am i wrong?

What im planning to do is a chaptered campaign, with each chapter happening on one of the kingdoms; as such, i would like to have an official map showing the whole world, as opposed to a localized map for each place

if none are available, ill just improvise one from the book descriptions
    Last edited by Birdwood; 2019-01-17 at 08:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Ah, okay - sorry, I don't know the world *that* well. I couldn't even tell you if there is an an 'official' world map that includes all of the expansions. Maybe there's a Wiki out there somewhere that might help?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #5

OldWizardGuy

no biggie, thx for the reply!

when im free, ill keep searching for an answer, but worst case scenario ill just make a map myself ^^