Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Can you cheat a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I was thinking about song lyrics (earworm, I don't seem to have a choice), and I thought, if you cheat someone, were you ever their friend?
    I would say yes. People can grow apart over time but could have at one point been good friends.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I was thinking about song lyrics (earworm, I don't seem to have a choice), and I thought, if you cheat someone, were you ever their friend?
    I mean yeah, but it depends on how you cheated them. In the other direction lies the dread valley of categorical drama llamas.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I suppose it depends. For the vast majority of the time I would say nope, don't cheat a friend.

Enter the whole Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:

[1] physiological
    [2] safety
    [3] love and belonging
    [4] esteem and self-actualization

Someone on a lower hierarchy of need should be given more leeway, and the person on a higher hierarchy of need may just want to suck it up.

-----

If I was hungry on a long flight and my buddy over here was sleeping and had a ring of sustenance, then I just might cheat him out of his peanuts.

Also something about love and war. I had a friend that also liked my wife before we started dating. No dibs in love.
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-03-27 at 03:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

I cheated a friend. Should have known better. Now I'm never going to dance again.
    Viktyr C Gehrig
    "Love is at the heart of everything: all learning, all relationships. Love, or the lack of it." - Fred Rogers

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huh. And this whole time, I assumed this thread was inspired by this song instead.

Once again, I am foiled by my music taste being even more out of date than other people's.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Well I can cheat only during exams