New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Banjo the Clown and the Sixth Quiddity

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Because Banjo overode the normal way of doing things and granted Elan bard spells. It makes perfect sense, if you ignore all the ways it makes no sense!
    I agree this is the most likely interpretation.

However, it is clear the most likely future involves Hilgya choosing to worship Giggles, because comic violence.

The extra xp Hilgya got from killing Durkon will give her the boost she needs to reach 17th level, thus granting her 9th level spells, and allowing her to seal the rift with the puppet pantheon aquamarine quiddity.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Of Rivia View Post
    If all, that indicates that gods can come out by external realms, or come into being from nothingness. Nothing indicates that a god can be created from pure belief.
    Saying that the gods who came together to create the First World (and the Snarl) were created from pure belief raises the chicken-and-egg problem, since belief doesn't happen without a believer. Somewhere there needs to be an ultimate origin, unless time loops are in play.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Of Rivia View Post
    If all, that indicates that gods can come out by external realms, or come into being from nothingness. Nothing indicates that a god can be created from pure belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
    Saying that the gods who came together to create the First World (and the Snarl) were created from pure belief raises the chicken-and-egg problem, since belief doesn't happen without a believer. Somewhere there needs to be an ultimate origin, unless time loops are in play.
    You might take a closer look at the bolded part in that post you quoted.
    I has Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

I'm guessing that Banjo needs a soul to cement himself as a god.

I think the whole point of Elan being a bard is that it makes him the opposite of Nale. Nale wanted to be a bard, but took levels of sorcerer, rogue and fighter(?) to get there. Elan is a bard, but he really ought to be a cleric - He's terrible in hand to hand combat, he doesn't have the intelligence to be a skill monkey, While he is coming around on how to use illusions, they don't come naturally to him...

The only thing that he excels at in terms of being a bard is back up healing and oratory when it comes specifically to Banjo.

Of course his magic aura isn't green or purple or pink, it's not divine magic. (Actually, I don't think I can name a Spell Caster's aura that matches their pantheon off the top of my head. Durkon's is White, Undead magic auras is almost always black, Tsu's was Purple and Blue but I don't know if the Blue was divine or not. Redcloak's is Red, not purple. I guess the Paladins' unless I'm mis-remembering. The Cleric of Loki who saved Belkar was red too, I think.)

I think it's plausible that in his future, he could die and be reincarnated as a cleric, with his Wisdom and Charisma switched. Banjo is explicitly not endorsed by the northern pantheon (Odin states that he would have endorsed Banjo), and Elan does not worship the northern pantheon. Banjo's pantheon has worship, praise and dedication - the only thing Banjo is lacking is Souls, which are a huge sudden boost in power.

And what better way to get a happy ending then coming back as who you always should have been, and the god you created helping you save the world?

Long shot? Sure, definitely.

Plausible? I think so. We'll see. We have the building blocks in place at least.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am indeed doubtful that Thor's plan will actually work out, for three reasons:

1) It's a plan that was discussed on-panel.

2) The theme of "Evolve or Die" has been getting more and more pronounced over time, and Redcloak's entire characterization has been his refusal to grow.

3) The end of the story must address the world in the rift, and Thor's plan does not (indeed, he didn't even know about it).

None of this, however, suggests that Banjo will play any role in the endgame.
    Wolfen Houndog - The World in Revolt (4e)
    The Mythic Warrior, a 3.5 base class that severs limbs and sunders armor
    The Nameless One, converted to 3.5 and 5e