New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin]

"Asher and Tuskfang became rather good friends, that's true. And I'm sure Asher will get to meet more children here now." Her eyes twitch. "Oh, yes. Sophie has been here for a hwile, hasn't she? Not long ago, she returned to the campsite glowing, and I understand something profound had happened to her. But she seems just like she was, just... subtly different."
    [Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth nods. "Good eye. I never spent a lot of time with her before recently, but suffice it to say that you're quite correct. I hope to see more of her, that's for sure." She focuses once again on the baby she's holding, rocking side-to-side and singing a funny little song.

"I hear Cheasadh got adopted. I never spent time with her - though Asher says she once made him cry - but it gladdens my heart to hear that she has a better family. How is she?"
    She asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

Annie looks at it more closely. There's a skeptical look on her face, but she doesn't challenge it. "Why?" She asks simply?
    [Daycare]

All emotion drains from Asher's face, leaving a blank expression. He didn't know what he expected, but it definitely wasn't that. "Uhh..." Then, a better answer than he could have hoped for comes to him. "You s-seem to like art stuff, so I made art stuff, too. See? It looks like y-you!" And indeed it does! "B-Because I want to be f-friends!" He declares, smiling a smile that's meant to make her feel more at ease.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"And you will get to draw once you've calmed down," Reelshka says as she puts Balthuk into a nearby crib. Then she goes to try to pick up the crayons and put them back into the box, ignoring Annie.

[Ironoak Cabin]

Reelshka smiles.

"Yes, my sister and her husband adopted her. I didn't know she'd done that to Asher... it took her some time to grow out of her first family's influence. But she's got better and now she has a new home. Brinika is happier than I've ever seen her to have a sister. My sister and her husband had always wanted more children than just her, but couldn't."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Mintaka is thankful for the shoulder to lean on. "Somewhat. I've got scouting logs from others so I'm at least aware of the nature of this place. First time here though." She admits. The moment she is out in full sunlight, the alien gives a long and relaxed sigh at the feel of the sunlight. In moments her deep blue skin darkens a few shades and she already begins to look healthier. "I would have more complete records on my ship whenever it arrives."
    "Wow. What a marked recovery. Now, don't go running off too soon. Stay and get as much sunlight as you need." Anchor instructs her.

"And how long till the ship arrives, do you think?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #664
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"You didn't think Riverside would be dangerous when you went there, did you?" Sophie is still gentle but relentless. "You can't lock yourself up in a tower with Spako and avoid anything bad ever happening again, Lucy. You can't do this to yourself, Sylvess, Spako or any of the others."
    [Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"But it's safe." Lucy mumbles quietly, hugging her knees and shivering softly. "E-everyone else can go out a-and do their unsafe things a-and Spako can come and go as he pleases and we can just stay inside where it's safe."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"But you will go with them too," Sophie points out. "You occupy the same body, even if only one of them uses it at a time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Following Rein]

Melissa follows him. "Y'know, Heracles, Atalanta, Achilles, Jason..." she lists off, keeping here answer brief and (presumably) succinct. "That kind."

Do those people show up in a lot of different universes? Hercules sometimes does, because some worlds have him as a god alongside Zeus and Apollo. Jason's a pretty common name. Achilles...has a tendon named after him? Atalanta...has anybody even heard of her? It's still likely he wouldn't know what kind of hero she's talking about.

She would elaborate, but she already feels like she has been talking too much, so she is instead content on just following in silence.
    [Following Rein -> Sophie's Office]

"Ah. The legendary hero type. You dream of your tales and exploits being passed down through the ages." Reinholdt frowns a little, but it's a bit hidden since he's leading the way for Melissa. He doesn't think he could be much help for a Legendary Hero. "I hope you're prepared for a lot of training montages."

Upon reaching where Sophie works, Rein knocks loudly on the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground

[=> Sophie's Office]

Melissa nods, to show that he's basically right. Legendary heroes, classical heroes, whatever. Same difference.

"I am always prepared for training montages," she says. "In fact, I'm expecting one to start up any moment now."

...She waits.

Waits outside the door, I mean, not waiting for a training montage.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

The office would be a small cabin Sophie has claimed and repurposed for her therapy sessions. When the door opens, the two will see the short, dark-skinned resident therapist of the League. She looks much like Reinholdt remembers her, but there is a wedding band on her hand now.

"Oh, hello, Reinholdt. Who is this with you?" she asks.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka can scoop up some of them, but Annie realizes what she's doing and snatches up a few before Reelshka can get them. "No! Give them back!" She screeches.

Rosabel and Orlane keep their distance. They know when someone is in trouble.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"You can have your crayons back once you've calmed down and thought about what you're doing," Reelshka says, her tone not warming or wavering even a little bit. "I will be talking to your parents later, too."

[Ironoak Cabin - Father and Son]

At a different time than when Ruth came by to visit, Tuskfang is striding purposefully through the cabin and around it, looking for his dad. He has the expression of a small person who has a lot of questions. Of course, he's entered the age when kids ask about everything.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Reelshka smiles.

"Yes, my sister and her husband adopted her. I didn't know she'd done that to Asher... it took her some time to grow out of her first family's influence. But she's got better and now she has a new home. Brinika is happier than I've ever seen her to have a sister. My sister and her husband had always wanted more children than just her, but couldn't."

[Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth smiles back and nods. "That's all good news, I am glad. I shall like to meet them, and Cheasadh too. With Asher, if possible." Maltrika gets her nose gently booped. "I don't think I've ever met Brinika, either, but Asher talks about her a lot. It's an opportunity to meet new people!"

At Reelshka's last statement, Ruth quite noticeably stiffens as though to keep from interfering, then relaxes so as not to trouble the baby. She decides not to pry. So she focuses on dangling the baby's toy over her, as play, but it's quite clear she wouldn't mind talking more about it.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

Reinholdt looks the same as always. Supernaturally hot with too many layers of leather clothing. The only way he could look more like an adventurer would be if he was wearing a potion bandolier.

"This is Melissa Megalos. Melissa, this is Sophie." Rein steps aside to ensure they can see each other and/or shake hands. "Melissa found a very old pamphlet for GLoG and was interested in the redemption program. She's hoping to learn the temperment necessary to become a Legendary Hero." You can hear the capitalization in those words.

"I thought she'd best talk to you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika grabs her nose as it's bopped, then squeaks. She reaches up for her toy with a wolfy grin on her face.

"That can be arranged. They both live in Underside now, but visit here often. I know Asher likes her. She's... I suppose it's a bit as if she wanted to make up for not having siblings by having enough energy for three kids. She's curious, passionate and musical. Has a very nice singing voice. Our family is small in general. I only have one other sibling, who has four children." Ruth might realize that Reelshka's standards of a small family are influenced by her species. "Neither is Pathfinder's family. Brinika and Cheadadh have a lot more relatives on their father's side of the family."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-21 at 02:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Daycare]

All emotion drains from Asher's face, leaving a blank expression. He didn't know what he expected, but it definitely wasn't that. "Uhh..." Then, a better answer than he could have hoped for comes to him. "You s-seem to like art stuff, so I made art stuff, too. See? It looks like y-you!" And indeed it does! "B-Because I want to be f-friends!" He declares, smiling a smile that's meant to make her feel more at ease.
    [Daycare]

"I can't be friends. I gotta draw." Annie says, tapping her picture with her finger. She's a very busy girl. Can't he see?

[Sapling Cabin]

"You can have your crayons back once you've calmed down and thought about what you're doing," Reelshka says, her tone not warming or wavering even a little bit. "I will be talking to your parents later, too."
    [Sapling Cabin]

Annie purses her lips closed and looks like she's about to explode. But suddenly she dials it back, though her face is still bright red. She grabs the stack of paper and marches off with the crayons she was able to grab before.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka breathes out, before turning to Rosabel and Orlane.

"Do you have all the crayons you need?"

She's willing to consider it a victory, but not if Annie walks away with some of the other girls' crayons.

16. - Top - End - #676

[Sophie's Office]

Melissa smiles and looks at Sophie, who is now visible now that Rein is out of the way. "A pleasure," she says, holding her hand out to shake.

At first, I was going to recommend Rein leave the room because I remembered that after extended periods of time, the sound of her voice induces paranoia into people but then after double-checking what I had written about her a while ago, I remembered that it only happens when she gets emotionally involved with the situation. So, both of them are safe from her voice, for now. "He's completely correct about what he said," she adds, confirming what Rein said about her.

Then, she adds: "Someone told me GLoG might be the right place, even though, according to him," she points at Reinholdt, "GLoG seems to have shifted its focus to other important things."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

"We haven't used the word 'redemption in a while, but we still don't turn away anyone who needs help," Sophie says, in a matter-of-fact, reassuring tone. She's here to help and everything is going to be fine. It's hard to doubt it when she says it. "What do you think you need in order to be come a Legendary Hero?" She matches the audible capitalization of the words perfectly.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"But you will go with them too," Sophie points out. "You occupy the same body, even if only one of them uses it at a time."
    [Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

Lucy sighs and stares quietly at the floor. This all felt like a bit of an interrogation. "So what, Sophie? What do you want from me?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"I think so." Orlane says uncertainly when they're addressed. That could have been more of an explosion. They'll sit back down and grab up their sticks and take the crayons. Looks like they'll be good to continue playing, but they shoot the odd wary glance in the direction Annie stormed off for now.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika grabs her nose as it's bopped, then squeaks. She reaches up for her toy with a wolfy grin on her face.

"That can be arranged. They both live in Underside now, but visit here often. I know Asher likes her. She's... I suppose it's a bit as if she wanted to make up for not having siblings by having enough energy for three kids. She's curious, passionate and musical. Has a very nice singing voice. Our family is small in general. I only have one other sibling, who has four children." Ruth might realize that Reelshka's standards of a small family are influenced by her species. "Neither is Pathfinder's family. Brinika and Cheadadh have a lot more relatives on their father's side of the family."
    [Ironoak Cabin]

"Hence why Asher likes her." Ruth replies with a chuckle. Curious, passionate and musical are three words that describe Asher, as well. She nods to herself, realizing what Reelshka means by 'small family'. "That's good! I understand what you mean. I'm in a large family, myself, but I have Asher." Her smile drops a little bit. "Our interactions have mostly been more down-to-earth, and I treasure that, but allow me to refer to my more angelic matters from time-to-time?" She adds. "I say this because you're on the leadership council. If there's any way I can help the league in less down-to-earth capacities, I'm gladly available."

She gently cuddles Maltrika with both hands, drops the ball for the baby to hold and begins rocking slowly side-to-side and singing a lullaby, so she can join her brother in getting a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

"I can't be friends. I gotta draw." Annie says, tapping her picture with her finger. She's a very busy girl. Can't he see?
    [Daycare]

Oh no, that doesn't make Asher feel good! That answer deflates him a little bit, and his smile turns upside-down, but he is undeterred! "Can we be f-friends after drawing? I'll w-wait!" And he will, he's very patient! Ish! "I'll d-draw too, even!"
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

Reinholdt waves his hand dismissively. "I still think you're in the right place regardless," He tells Melissa.

"Regardless, I'll leave you two to it. I still need to go find a willing female host for drider babies." Reinholdt turns to head out and give them room to figure out if Melissa wants to stay here. See, didn't even need voice induced paranoia to get him to leave. He has his own perfectly good reasons to make his exit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #682

[Sophie's Office]

Melissa waves off Reinholdt, and wishes him "Good luck, that sounds really fun."

To answer Sophie's question she looks down at her hand as she counts out three things on it. "There's basically three things I think I'll need to become a legendary hero," she says, not capitalizing it in her own voice, "namely, in order from most important to least, first: the proper temperament, because heroes are normally loud, friendly, and bombastic, right?" As she asks that, she looks up briefly at Sophie, before returning her gaze to her hand. "Second most important would be control over my blessings because, you know, it's hard to be a hero if you keep on accidentally hurting others."

"Finally, and probably the least important of the three - but still pretty important," she adds, "would be a better ability to control my actions and myself in the heat of the moment." She can lose her temper.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika yawns and begins to drift off as she's rocked and hears a lullaby. Reelshka's voice goes more quiet now.

"I don't mind it at all if you mention your... angelic duties or anything like that. I suppose I'm just a very down to earth person. Even being able to see spirits hasn't changed that. I don't know what we could use such power for, but if anything comes up, it's welcome. Villains and other troublemakers haven't bothered us in a while, but if they do, it'll be good to have someone who can scare them off."

[Sophie's Office]

If Sophie is in any way surprised by Reinholdt's parting words, she doesn't show it.

"I can certainly help you with the latter two, but the first one sounds a little suspicious to me. Why should heroes behave any particular way and not another?"

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"To stop hiding from your problems, to start," Sophie says gently. "We'll keep working and see if we can find a solution to your problems. But it has to start by facing them. You've made the first step by coming here."

24. - Top - End - #684

[Sophie's Office]

"That one is actually the easiest to explain," Melissa says. Hence why it was first, presumably. "If you're not loud, how are people supposed to know that you're there to help?" she asks, explaining the first part.

"If you're not friendly, how are people supposed to know you're not a villain?"

And then, finishing out the symmetry of the statements, she says one last question. "And if you're not bombastic, how are people supposed to know that you're a hero?"

"That's how every hero acts."

In her own mind, she's kind-of got a good point. If you lack one of those three traits, then you won't be able to do any hero-ing. Rude, quiet, and antisocial girls like her obviously can't be heroic. At least, that's what she thinks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

"Being friendly is a good attitude to have regardless of one's calling," Sophie agrees. "But loud and bombastic? I've met plenty of heroes who were anything but. And more than one person who was loud and bombastic but hardly a hero. Heroism is the kind of thing that is proven by actions, not how loud you are about it."

26. - Top - End - #686

[Sophie's Office]

Melissa shrugs.
    "Well, I guess you'll just have to convince me later, then." If she stays here, there'll probably be plenty of time to explain what personality traits you need to be a hero.

But while they're still on the subject, she returns a question. "What traits would you say are necessary, then?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

At a different time than when Ruth came by to visit, Tuskfang is striding purposefully through the cabin and around it, looking for his dad. He has the expression of a small person who has a lot of questions. Of course, he's entered the age when kids ask about everything.
    Tuskfang will find his father laying on his back, half under his and Reelshka's bed as he works on tightening up the screws keeping it together. His paw is scrabbling for the screwdriver just out of reach. "Hello, son. What's up?" He asks, having heard Tuskfang's feet on the floor. He grunts and squirms just enough to be able to reach the screwdriver, but his tail wags at the prospect of taking a break to talk to his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Wow. What a marked recovery. Now, don't go running off too soon. Stay and get as much sunlight as you need." Anchor instructs her.

"And how long till the ship arrives, do you think?"
    The alien's suit shimmers, turning semi-translucent for a brief moment and revealing a layer of solar cells beneath the surface. "My ship was trailing the one that crashed, so perhaps a day or two?" She reasons. "Is there a guest house or cabin I could stay in and take a shower in? And once my ship arrives, I can easily repay the help and hospitality with some of my supplies and research."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

[Sophie's Office]

"To be a hero? I'd say it's willingness to help others, even at your own expense and for no reward," Sophie says without hesitation. "Even without so much as a 'thank you'. And to keep going even when everyone says you're wrong. Or if you really were wrong."

"I wanted to ask about spirits, dad," Tuskfang begins, without much of an introduction. "Because I was wondering about them. I can see them because you're a shaman, right? And mommy can see them because she has a gift. But who gave her a gift? She said goblins don't have shamans."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-27 at 01:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689

[Sophie's Office]

Melissa listens, then says, "Obviously, I completely disagree with you," she responds. Well, there are some of that makes some sense but as a whole she still disagrees.

"The former just makes you a nice person, if a bit gullible and easily taken-advantage-of, and the latter is the exact opposite of heroic," she explains. She has very specific ideas of what a hero should be.

Then, realizing she may have come off a little rude and close-minded, she quickly adds, "But, um, thanks for your opinion."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sophie's Office -> Camp Grounds]

Tsk. That complete lack of reaction is exactly why Rein stopped showing up for therapy. Bah. It wouldn't hurt Sophie to display human emotions once in a while. Ah well. The goal wasn't a reaction, but to test the waters in the most circumvented way possible to see if either were interested. It seems unlikely.

So the search continues! Rein will now wander aimlessly through the area as he seeks out help.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast