New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

Lake

"Sea dragons swim. But, uh, that's a lake, not the sea. And I don't think those are pink, or foxy." She frowns a little and waves at it. "Hi! Hello, we're harmless! Are you friendly?" She's going to approach the edge of the water and sit down, taking off her shoes and socks. It's a bit cold, but it's not too bad.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Campgrounds

"Wow, uh, you really do take all sorts." Sekhmet continues following Reelshka to the cabins.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Slooooowly Gara raises her head from the water. It is indeed rather fox-ish. Water drips from her long pink fins.
    "Um, hello girls. I was just borrowing your lake. Please don't tell anyone." she asks, with a young-ish, feminine voice. It has a bit of an odd timbre to it, but that's probably because it comes from strange lungs and a mouth that shouldn't be capable of speech.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"We do. This organization is pretty old, though it wasn't always in this campsite," Reelshka explains. "It used to be devoted to redeeming evildoers, but in time it became more focused on charity. Though I suppose I've always been concerned with this side of things."

[Lake]

Brinika gasps as her ears start pointing straight upwards.

"Oh my goodness!" she squeaks. "You're so pretty!"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Campgrounds

Sekhmet nods along. "If there's any way I can help, I'd uh, be glad to." She'd need equipment, but she is earnest about wanting to help.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

"There's always something to fix or repair around here," Reelshka says as they near a cabin labelled as "Hawthorn". "As a charity organization, we don't have the luxury of throwing out and replacing things often. You should probably try to relax a little first, though, dear. You seem jumpy. Being pulled in from another world is a harrowing experience, I'm sure."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Campgrounds

"Yes, that might be, uh, good." Sekhmet hadn't been thinking about it, but now that she does, she realizes that she's pretty tired. She goes to enter the cabin and see what's inside.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"We won't tell anyone. Or at least, I won't, and Pookie won't either. Will you Pookie?" Cheasadh turns and speaks sternly to her little bear, who nods enthusiastically before scooping a dollop of honey out of the pot he's just produced from behind his back and starts to lick his paws. "You are really pretty. Are you a princess dragon?" Princess dragons are harmless, since they don't go around kidnapping princesses and devouring knights. Since they're also princesses, and that would be a diplomatic incident, not just kidnapping. She's not sure what a 'diplomatic incident' is, though.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Gara tentatively crawls out of the lake to fetch her glasses from the shore. Up close the girls might be able to more appreciate her size and the soft purple fur on her chest and underside.
    ”Aw, thank you. And a princess? Sure, maybe. I don’t know a lot about my heritage.” That would be completely ridiculous.
    And true.
    But she doesn’t know that.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

The cabin's interior is simple but comfortable. There's several rooms, one of which will be assigned to Sekhmet, which contain a bed, a chest of drawers, a wardrobe and a small table each.

"No one else lives here at the moment," Reelshka says. "I forgot about that. Would you rather share the cabin with someone?"

[Lake]

Brinika paces around Gara a little, still enthralled.

"I've never seen a dragon with fur," she says. Then she remembers her manners. "Oh. I'm Brinika, by the way."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Campgrounds

"I uh, no, it's good." Sekhmet is somewhat afraid of people; an empty cabin suits her fine. She looks around the room, then back at Reelshka. "Thank you so much." Sekhmet then goes to sit on the bed. Her eyelids seem really heavy. Traveling through time and space has taken a lot out of her. She yawns.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"I'm Cheasadh, she's my sister." Which still makes Cheasadh happy. And probably always will, quite frankly. She's hanging back a little, but Brinika's boldness and the dragon's prettiness all make her stick around far more than she usually would with the idea of a dragon. "That's Pookie, he's my bear." Pookie looks up and waves at Gara.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Um, you can call me Gara. I have fur because I'm a...
    I'm a me-zoo-
    a mitsoo....zoo...
    I'm a mi-zut-su-ne."
    Gara sounds it out while she sticks her huge, round glasses onto her nose. For effect, she brushes her huge tail along the shore, producing a number of big pink bubbles that float into the air.
    "We're bubble-fox-koi-dragons. Apparently."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

Reelshka nods and steps out of the room.

"I'll have some clothes and bedsheets sent for when you wake up."

[Lake]

Brinika gasps.

"You can make bubbles too?!" This is the single most exciting person she has met in a while. "But what do you mean by 'apparently'? Haven't you always been a... mi-zut-su-ne?"

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"Mezut sunny's a funny word." Cheasadh's a hypocrite; an Irish pronunciation of her name would be 'Kaysa', apparently. "Y'know... I've always been a little scared of dragons. One carried off my father's cows, and I was told to keep an eye out or it'd carry me off too. But... You're really pretty and not scary at all. And you make bubbles. This is the best day!" It's a good thing that there's not many people Cheasadh would want to tell about this, because otherwise she'd have difficulty keeping it a secret.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

”I’ve never met any others. So I don’t know a lot about them. My parents are boring humans. I’m extra special because I can be mostly human if I want, and I always used to. So, yeah? It’s kind of new to be actually going around like this?” Gara says. All of this is true- if only technically.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Campgrounds

"Thank... you." Sekhmet yawns again. She removes her corset and gets into bed, swiftly falling into blissful slumber.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Brinika grins toothily.

"See, Cheasadh? I told you that plenty of dragons are nice." She looks up at Gara again. "So why'd you come to our lake? Just to swim? It is a very nice lake."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"Yeah, it's the biggest and prettiest lake I've ever seen." Also the only. Cheasadh doesn't mention that. She does smile at her sister and give her a hug, as well.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Gara’s tail curls around her legs. ”Oh, I need to learn how to swim. I’ve never been able to at all until recently. And it turns out I’m supposed to. So yeah...” This is all very embarrassing to admit.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Brinika's ears twitch and then point downwards in thought.

"I've learned how to swim here. I don't swim well, but I can do it. Teaching goblins how to do it is different than teaching a fox-dragon, though."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"I don't even have that knowledge, really. I can't swim." She's never really been that interested in swimming, or the lake. And when she was on her parent's farm, there weren't any bodies of water nearby. Except possibly the water-tower, anyway.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Gara shakes her head.
    "Oh, that's okay. I think I know what I'm doing. I've got lots of instincts for this sort of thing. I just...need practice. So I found a place. I just...couldn't find a place that wasn't taken." Gara wasn't sure if this counted as trespassing so she tried to keep quiet.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: Memory Woods
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[Memory Woods]

Delilah looks a bit out of sorts where she is, looking an awful lot like someone who just took a very abrupt blow to the head, somewhat dazed and pained.
    It takes her a little bit to gather herself enough to participate in the conversation again, picking herself back up.
    That necklace is tucked away in a hurry.

"Don't...don't worry about that right, oof, now."
    She is somewhat short of breath and this fact seems to be annoying her enough to compose faster.
    "Something about...a broken envelope of the Outside. Feia wasn't paying attention to us. Important thing is that Libitina is alive, or was, and that the dragon witch isn't currently making moves on either her or here.
    We also have landmarks now, to potentially navigate by later."

Insofar as landmarks can be determined in a world of whirling sand and spires. Maybe she's referring to the warped area and everything's relation to that.
    One way or another, she finds this a much more practical line of thought than any nonsense about sprawling color abstractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "The book, then?" Needs asks, trying to keep his contributions to this conversation to a minimum. He's already struggling to parse everything Delilah just said. The pills aren't in effect right now, there's nothing stabilizing him, keeping him glued to this plane of existence. He's drifting closer to his wildly incoherent old self again, which is nothing but inconvenience right now.

"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings." See? There it is now. He was probably trying to say something much simpler, something about how they'll take down Feia no matter how crazy she looks or how much mass she has. Instead we get a Tolkein quote, because Needs Food Badly is suddenly too busy waving a paintbrush over the air, making minute revisions to the twenty-eighth of September, the day Ambriel and Ithuriel found each other. Nothing either of them would take notice of, nothing game-changing, certainly, but even the most insignificant modifications to what was, is, and will be are hardly ever without consequence.

[Memory Woods]

"Curious. I wonder what could cause a disruption of such magnitude to distract her so thoroughly. A shame we can't, mmm, take advantage of it right now, hmm?" The MagPuppet mutters thoughtfully, rubbing the metallic part of his chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon Therapy]

"And which of them came about first?" Sophie asks. "Do you remember when you first slipped and went too far in acting?"

[
    [Dragon Therapy]

"O-oh, first? That was Jack. I-I-I dunno, I gueeess it was easier to keep myself from being noticed if I reached the point where I wasn't thinking dragon-y things at all?" Sylvie offers as a somewhat questionable explanation. "And at the point where you're not thinking like a dragon at all, I guess it's not too far until that just stops being me thinking and starts being someone else."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy]

Sophie makes some more notes. This will take some time to untangle...

"Alright, then. Looks like our time is up for today. Thank you for being honest with me. I'm going to use what you've told me to make a plan for helping you over the course of our next appointments. Do you have any questions or concerns?"

[Lake]

"I don't think anyone is going to mind if you use our lake," Brinika says. "We welcome everyone here. But it might still be good to tell our aunt Reelshka about it."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Anyone watching might see a rather small Drider making her way towards GLoG carrying a large webbed bundle upon her abdomen. Her emerald green chitin is easy to spot, and she certainly seemed to be enjoying the sunlight on her darker skin. Despite her body being that of an ambush or leaping spider, she makes no attempt to hide herself. Leap had made a deal to drop someone off here, and doing so would go much more smoothly if she didn't try to stealth her way inside.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"Or Sophie, she's important too." Cheasadh nods. She can't think of anyone else as important as those two, except maybe Reelshka's husband, but she doesn't know him as well as Brinika does.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Gara squirms uncomfortably, curling up.
    ”Do you...have to tell people? I promise I won’t mess anything up in the lake.” she assures the girls. This whole thing is kind of embarrassing. She would rather not any adults know.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Brinika's eyes narrow a little and her ears droop.

"I dunno. I feel like some grown-ups should know who is using our lake. Why don't you want us to tell them?"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

"We could keep a secret. Well, I could. But, um, can you fly?" If Cheasadh had a quick flying trip, that'd certainly help glue her lips sealed. Cheasadh's not sure if Gara can fly, because I can't find any mention of Gara having wings. So Cheasadh's expecting the answer to be 'no', but... Well, Gara had to get into the lake somehow, without being seen. Just walking in seems like it wouldn't work, at Gara's size.