New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "You've done well so far. Here, have a biscuit." It should help after losing that bit of blood.

Anchor is busy for a moment writing labels and measurements, sealing samples.
    "You should stay nearby. I'll definitely need to get a closer look, I mean, and it'll take time to run all the tests. But I do need to think about all the patients." she waves to the prisoner.

"And there's one more part to the check-up." The doctor gets out another stethoscope-like device and presses it to Leap's temple, to check her emotions and general mental functioning. Is she in an okay way? This all seems pretty stressful. Kidnapping, crash-landing, fighting, imminent losing your mind...
    Infirmary

Leap nibbles on the biscuit before pausing to allow Anchor to finish her checkup. Leap is amazingly calm and nearly emotionless. It wouldn't be hard to justify calling her a sociopath if she felt so cool despite everything going on. There's a bit of anxiety but not much, as well as a general background filled with simmering desire and pent up stress, but nothing like a person in her situation should feel. "...Funny, I didn't think I had a heart up there." She quips, wondering what the stethoscope thing was for.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Infirmary]

After a moment, even that little bit of stress and anxiety should drain away and disappear, after which Anchor puts the scope down.

"It's not for that sort of heart."
    "Now, your brainwaves are remarkably steady. Not what I'd expect given everything you're going through, but a good sign."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

[Dorf Forts]

Khannie gasps.

GASPS!

"Oh my gosh that's so cool!" she squeals with delight when the sinister looking weapon is drawn forth from pure darkness.

Normally something like this should be intimidating, shouldn't it?

But Khannie sure doesn't think so.

Might come from the whole 'is a pokemon' thing.

They tend to take conflict in stride FAR more than is probably healthy.

"Does it do anything neat?"

Aside from obvious stuff like cutting grass.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

"Ah, I see." No, she really didn't. Not until it is clarified that it is brainwaves she's talking about. "Being entirely honest, I've lead a life of theft and pillaging and bounty hunting. It hasn't exactly been easy and it's kind of inured me to anything stressful." Once the friendly doctor is done, Leap gets back to her many feet and stretches her arms above her head with a twist to pop her joints. "I do have the place near by, but I'll probably be found at the Dragon's Den more often than not as I've already promised Rein I would be there. So, by your leave, I would like to head out, get drunk, gorge myself, and then wake up tomorrow regretting my life decisions." With that, she gives a little bow towards Anchor.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dorf Forts

Endok lets loose a little Eep! as the scythe starts emerging from the ground, stepping back a couple of steps. After it's clear what's happening though the dwarves are also intrigued. Did your dad make that? Our dad makes lots of cool weapons. Their mum has a hammer that's made with the skull of a giant bird! Endok reaches out to touch the spiky handle gently. How'd you just pull it out of the ground like that? He asks as he reaches forward.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

Lucy probably deserves a little credit for turning up on time for Sophie. There was definitely at least some risk of her deciding to be a no-show. This isn't exactly something she wants after all.

The green haired faintly elven lady in her shimmering copper dress enters and takes a seat, crossing her legs, her eyes looking anywhere but at Sophie. "H-Hi. It's, uh, Sophie, right?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"My name is Sophie, yes," the therapist says, taking a seat in her chair opposite the couch. "Thank you for coming to see me, Lucy. I hope that talking to you will help me untangle this entire situation."

[Main Lodge - Cafeteria]

At another time, Sophie is there, eating her lunch in-between therapy sessions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

Someone else is here as well. A Tiefling girl sits at a table by herself, picking at her food. Whenever someone passes by, she nervously shies away. She looks sad, and despite her fear, a little lonely.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Dorf Forts]

Khannie gasps.

GASPS!

"Oh my gosh that's so cool!" she squeals with delight when the sinister looking weapon is drawn forth from pure darkness.

Normally something like this should be intimidating, shouldn't it?

But Khannie sure doesn't think so.

Might come from the whole 'is a pokemon' thing.

They tend to take conflict in stride FAR more than is probably healthy.

"Does it do anything neat?"

Aside from obvious stuff like cutting grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Dorf Forts

Endok lets loose a little Eep! as the scythe starts emerging from the ground, stepping back a couple of steps. After it's clear what's happening though the dwarves are also intrigued. Did your dad make that? Our dad makes lots of cool weapons. Their mum has a hammer that's made with the skull of a giant bird! Endok reaches out to touch the spiky handle gently. How'd you just pull it out of the ground like that? He asks as he reaches forward.

[Dorf Forts]

Neat? Umm...

The scythe takes a few, slow empty swings through the air. It can attack things! Like air. Does that qualify as neat?

The tendrils withdraw it away from Endok though as he tries to touch it. Maybe he overreaches and touches it anyways, getting himself cut as sharp objects are moving around more than they should. But Sasha is trying to prevent this. It's dangerous to touch with bare hands!

She shakes her head at Olon. Her dad doesn't make weapons. He makes SCIENCE! She knows because he repeatedly says so out loud to no one in particular.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-06-19 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Hmm... that's someone Sophie hasn't seen before. She's around in GLoG less nowadays, though, since she works here and doesn't live here. She's nervous, too. Sophie has rarely been able to pass by someone so visibly troubled. Some call it compassion, others call it being an insufferable busybody.

"Mind if I sit here?" she asks, approaching the tiefling briskly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #521

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

This is awkward.

The awkwardness is very much apparent on Lucy's face as she fidgets. She doesn't really want to be here, but she couldn't not be here.

"Yeah, maybe." She doesn't sound particularly convinced.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"I know this is awkward, but I would like to ask you to do your best to recall situations I ask you about." Sophie's tone remains calm and professional. She only wants to help and seeks the best way to do so. "But first, why don't you tell me more about yourself? Your experiences, goals, friends and relationships." This might seem like a random question, but Sophie has a goal in mind. She needs to probe around and see what Lucy is like as a person. How much of it is herself and how much is Sylvess?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

"I, uh, I guess." The Tiefling doesn't refuse Sophie, but she seems visibly uncomfortable. She continues to slowly eat her meal.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

"I don't think I've seen you here before. I'm Sophie Mouchabière, a therapist here," the woman says gently. "Is everything okay?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

"I, uh, I'm Sekhmet," the Tiefling replies shyly. "I got here, uh, a couple weeks ago."

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Sekhmet didn't answer her question, Sophie notices. But maybe she was prying too much.

"That would explain why I haven't seen you here. Most of my time here is spent working with my therapy cases. How have you been finding GLoG so far?"

17. - Top - End - #527

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Oh, well sure I guess." No harm in that, right?

Well there probably is, but Lucy isn't picking up on it.

"Uh, sooo I just had the usual Nexus greeting and kiiinda just showed up somewhere, and Sam saved my butt, then let me stay in his place, a-and we've basically been roomies and buddies since then. H-he was, um, he was there when the, uh, bad stuff happened too." She shivers slightly at that. Unpleasant memories. Very unpleasant. "A-and I dunno, in terms of goals I guess the biggest thing at the moment is that I'd like to find a new place for me and Sam. Uh, but something more sort of meaningful? Sam deserves a decent place, a-and Sylvess is a dragon! He needs a castle befitting his dragonyness."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

"It's, uh, it's okay," Sekhmet replies, face downcast. She doesn't have any friends here and spends most of her time alone. She sighs involuntarily.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Hmm. This Sam does sound like a nice person," Sophie agrees. "Do you want Sam to live with Sylvess too? Have they ever met?"

[Cafeteria]

Sophie is silent for a moment as she studies Sekhmet. It doesn't take Exalted talents to realize that the girl is scared, withdrawn and depressed.

"Is something the matter?" she asks in a quiet voice. "You can trust me."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-06-23 at 11:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

Sekhmet looks up, doubtful. "How, uh, how do I know I can trust you?"

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

"Well, why shouldn't you trust me?" Sophie responds with a question of her own, her tone level and reasoned. "I know we've just met, but you've spent some time here, so you know this is a safe place where we help people. I'm a therapist, so I know the importance of discretion. And I'm not the sort to see someone who's troubled without trying to help." She lists all those reasons with calm certainty and a quiet but powerful conviction in he last one.

22. - Top - End - #532

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Ideally I want a place big enough for all of us to have our own space, with enough room for plenty of guests or maybe a few other permanent residents. A proper castle, you know? Sam knows the deal. Sylvess took him for a little fly once." Lucy might not have quite got at what Sophie's driving at here. It all seems fine to her!

Nothing weird about a room for each personality, right?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

"I, uh." Sekhmet pauses. "You can keep this a secret? I, uh, don't want you to get hurt because of me."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"How would this work?" Sophie seems genuinely curious and maybe a little bewildered. "You all occupy the same body, so most of those rooms would be unused most of the time."

[Cafeteria]

"Of course." Sophie nods, before speaking again in the same reassuring tone. "Everything you say to me here is entirely confidential."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

Sekhmet nods and begins to speak. "I got here, uh, a couple weeks ago. I, uh, have been living here, and I got a job." None of that sounds like a problem."I, uh, I've been trying to lie low, but, uh, I'm worried that sooner or later you'll get in trouble for sheltering me here and my boss will be punished for employing me."

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Sophie quirks an eyebrow. Sekhmet doesn't look like the sort to have committed a crime serious enough to warrant this. No, more likely she's suffered persecution of some kind. Or maybe false accusations.

"Why would we or your employer get in trouble for supporting you? You seem to be doing quite well for yourself, given the circumstances."

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

To Sekhmet's own eyes, she looks that way, but that's besides the point. "Because, uh, uh," she says it, bursting into tears, "I'm an abomination! The spawn of the Evil One!"

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Sophie's face doesn't betray the hot surge of anger coursing through her. How she despises people who'd put such self-loathing in the head of a child. All just to make themselves feel better and justify their fear.

"I've seen abominations, and you're certainly not one," she says empathically, reaching out to put a hand on Sekhmet's shoulder, but slowly enough that the girl can stop her if she wants. "There is no persecution of tieflings here, and if there were, we would oppose it with all our strength."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-06-28 at 09:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Cafeteria

Sekhmet pulls back from the reaching hand. "I know I'm not, but other people just don't see it that way!" The look on her face shows plainly that she doesn't really believe Sophie. She knows what she's learned since she was a child, and experienced too. Tieflings who show their faces in public are in danger of being lynched and worse.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-06-28 at 10:58 PM.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

"I'm sorry," Sophie says in an apologetic tone, withdrawing her hand. "I shouldn't have made it sound like your concerns aren't real. I know tieflings face hardship elsewhere. My wife has told me about what it was like for her."