The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

The Yew

Technically, Baccata was dead. She left the realm of life and plunged into one of the rivers that border the realm of death. However, she was not sufficiently dead to prevent her return to life.

When Sophie arrives, the naked yew-lady is starting to stir. She's not all the way awake yet, but she's more asleep than unconscious. Which is a notable upgrade to being dead, for certain. Unfortunately, her red jumpsuit appears to have been lost; either destroyed by the plasma blast that injured her to the point jumping into death was a good idea, or left behind.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

[The Yew]

Sophie sits down near Baccata and waits for her to wake up. It doesn't look like she needs medical attention, but she's ready to carry her to the infirmary if that changes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

It's not long before Baccata awakens properly, sitting up and stretching. "Oh, hi Sophie. How'd things go after I had to leave?" She yawns and crosses her legs, moving back so she can lean against her tree. The yew creaks as Baccata rests against its trunk, somehow quite a pleased sound.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

[The Yew]

...well, that's a rather casual way of talking about it.

"We managed to kill the chimera and then clear the rest of the laboratory out. No one will suffer there again. I'm sorry for... what happened, though." Sophie rubs her shoulder awkwardly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

"It hurt, quite a lot actually. And I lost my jumpsuit. But the River Acheron was able to heal my injuries. It's one of five rivers around one of the underworlds my yew connects." That's how she gets from one world to the other, by going from one copy of her yew to another. "I think you owe me some clothes, but other than that, I'm mostly fine. Acheron washes away bad experiences, as well as heals injuries. So I can't remember the worst of the pain." She's lost a few other things, but she can't remember what.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

[The Yew]

"It is a shame about your jumpsuit, but I can get you some clothes in exchange," Sophie says. "Maybe we can take something from the spare clothes storage for now."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Daycare]

Asher turns to her and notes her confused look, then simply shrugs. "Dunno. M-Momma said it's cute, though." He simply replies. He's idly pulled up some plasticine and started playing with it.
    [Daycare]

Annie looks at him for a moment and then just turns back to her drawing. She grabs a crayon and starts to do some colouring in. She's very careful, making sure not to go outside the lines. She's not very chatty when she's so focused, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Annie, you can just take the crayons you need from the box and them put them back," Reelshka says in a slow, patient but firm tone. Annie is the one being greedy here, so she has to start with her. "There's no need to take the whole box from Rosabel and Orlane."
    [Sapling Cabin]

"But I need them." Annie pouts, but she relents and put the crayons on the ground. This gets Rosabel to back down as well.

Annie then sits down. Okay, she'll just takes the crayons she needs. The girl grabs the box and proceeds to dump each and every one of the one hundred and twenty crayons on the floor. Then she starts to scoop them all up, with some difficulty, ignoring the cries of protest from the tiefling girls.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

"I'd also like some help repairing the fence, once I've convinced the yew to move back down to where I left it. I prefer it down there, since more people walk past." Although the view from this small rise is pretty good, too.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving -> Main Lodge]

An old face shows up. Reinholdt looks around with his solid pink, pupil-less eyes. He doesn't seem to be looking for anything in particular, given how he's familiar with the area and would head straight in that direction if he was. It's kind of hard to know who to ask and who not to ask about Leap's problem.

Rather than dwell on making any particular choice, he meanders into the Main Lodge to see who he may run into.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

The blonde woman who had only just barely arrived turns to look at Reinholdt.

"Hello," she says. "Are you also new?" The woman, Melissa, shows her decade-old GLoG pamphlet as she talks. It talks about the kinds of things they used to do back then, like redemption programs and whatever else they did before coming to the campsite. "I just found this and decided to come over to check this place out. Or...are you one of the members here?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-08-12 at 02:50 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

The woblin looks up at Ruth curiously, not letting go of her ball. Upon closer inspection, her eyes are very much like those of a goblin. Her ears are also more like furry goblin ears than the kind of wolf-ears Tuskfang has.

"She's named Maltrika, and her brother is Balthuk. We decided to use goblin first names this time. They can still earn Wolfen ones when they grow up, if they want to."
    [Ironoak Cabin]

"Well, hi there, Maltrika!" Ruth addresses the curious little creature, stroking the baby woblin's head. "Knowing Asher, he's brought his tiny little bear friend around to show you both. Is it safe to assume that Tuskfang will be getting a pet of his own?" She asks, making to carry Maltrika in her arms.

"You should gist me as to what's happened lately in the League, particularly regarding the daycare."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

Annie looks at him for a moment and then just turns back to her drawing. She grabs a crayon and starts to do some colouring in. She's very careful, making sure not to go outside the lines. She's not very chatty when she's so focused, though.
    [Daycare]

Asher is very much focused on what he's molding, giving Annie a little while longer to focus on her colouring. Then, he exclaims triumphantly! When she sees this, she's sure to be friendlier! He hopes, at least.

"L-Look!" It's a plasticine mould of Annie sitting on a bench and drawing.
    Avvie by yours truly.

You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Swetlana

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika makes a curious squeaky noise as she's stroked and won't object to being picked up by Ruth. Her nose twitches in the woman's direction. Reelshka, meanwhile, runs her hand through her hair.

"Yes, after seeing Asher's bear, Tuskfang's insistence on getting a pet has only increased. So he'll get something from the dwarves who live below the camp. Some sort of... lizard, I think. His cousins will be very jealous, I imagine. As far as everything else goes... well, the daycare has proven to be quite the success. Quite a few children stay here now. Many from families who couldn't afford another daycare."

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka's face sets into a frown and her ears dip dangerously.

"You're going to have to clean this up, Annie."

[The Yew]

Sophie looks around.

"Repairing the fence shouldn't be difficult, I think. Not that I've ever been one for manual work. I was surprised why your yew was suddenly elsewhere."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-13 at 05:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

"He's always been able to move, though he doesn't very often. He's quite slow. But that fence is a very useful thing. I don't want any of the children running around to eat his leaves or berries." Because yews are poisonous. The berries are technically edible, but the seeds inside the berries are not, making actually eating them tricky. "Or playing lumberjack or making him scared." Because if the yew has an excuse, it wouldn't hesitate before aggressively defending itself.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Main Lodge]

The blonde woman who had only just barely arrived turns to look at Reinholdt.

"Hello," she says. "Are you also new?" The woman, Melissa, shows her decade-old GLoG pamphlet as she talks. It talks about the kinds of things they used to do back then, like redemption programs and whatever else they did before coming to the campsite. "I just found this and decided to come over to check this place out. Or...are you one of the members here?"
    [Main Lodge]

Reinholdt stares at the very old pamphlet with a modicum of disbelief. Mostly that any of those still exist. They must have used some fine paper grade. "Uhh... No, actually. I'm an old member? Ex member? Something like that. One of their last redemption cases I think. Before they decided to concentrate on therapy and babies." The two admittedly go hand in hand quite well.

"I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire," Reinholdt gives his trademarked flourish. "And you are?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #645

[Main Lodge]

"Oh," Melissa says. She returns the flourish with a curtsy. "Melissa Megalos, at your service." She's from New York. Her accent gives it away.

She quickly flips through the pamphlet, looking at its old pages. Maybe it was preserved somewhere? "As someone who is neither a therapist nor has yet considered having babies, that's...good information to have. Do you think this place is right for me, or...?" Leaving the question hanging, she looks around the lodge for other pamphlets.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

[The Yew]

Sophie nods.

"We'll see about moving him, then. Now let's get you some clothes."

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

"He'll move back down to where we started later. I like it down there; lots of people walking past to watch and maybe speak to, if I'm feeling sociable." And if they're not too busy. "Yes, clothes. I don't know where to find any, and don't have any money besides. Unless you want to buy a skull? I've got two of them." They're the only things she actually owns, I think. Particularly now she's lost her jumpsuit and everything in her pockets.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Daycare]

Asher is very much focused on what he's molding, giving Annie a little while longer to focus on her colouring. Then, he exclaims triumphantly! When she sees this, she's sure to be friendlier! He hopes, at least.

"L-Look!" It's a plasticine mould of Annie sitting on a bench and drawing.
    [Daycare]

Annie turns from her work again. She sees his work and leans in closer to examine it. "What is it?" She asks after a moment.

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka's face sets into a frown and her ears dip dangerously.

"You're going to have to clean this up, Annie."
    [Sapling Cabin]

"I am." Annie replies as she scoops the crayons into a pouch made by lifting up the edge of her shirt.

"She's taking them all!" Rosabel explains. She looks at the adults with expectations they'll do something about this injustice.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth listens as she strokes the little child, chuckling a bit when kids tendency to get jealous of each other is mentioned. Whilst still listening, she makes some baby noises and movements at Maltrika, designed to get the baby to giggle, then turns to Reelshka. "I intend to help with the daycare, regarding more down-to-earth matters. Of course, I could help you with the twins if they both turn out to be a handful. I might need to attend to certain other matters from time to time, but that shouldn't affect my availability too much."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

Annie turns from her work again. She sees his work and leans in closer to examine it. "What is it?" She asks after a moment.
    [Daycare]

"It's you!" Asher declares, excitedly, expecting her to show some excitement as well.
    Last edited by Meltdowner; 2019-08-13 at 05:40 PM.
    Avvie by yours truly.

You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Annie." Reelshka's tone becomes a few degrees colder. "Put the crayons back into the box, take those you need and let Rosabel and Orlane use the others. There's no need to be greedy."

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika doesn't quite giggle, but she makes another baby noise. This strange lady is funny.

"Any help is welcome, as always," Reelshka says, nodding. "Both in the daycare and with these two. Tuskfang is growing more difficult to keep an eye on, as well. And I know all our members have their own affairs, of course."

[The Yew]

"We can grab something from the chest of spare clothes," Sophie says. "Later on I can buy you some. You did lose them while helping me out."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

No questions on where Baccata got the skulls? Or where she keeps them, for that matter? Fair enough. Actually, I guess she might have told Sophie already; I can't remember.

"That sounds good to me. No shoes though, they're uncomfortable, unnecessary and ugly." She's not expecting Sophie to make her wear anything she doesn't want to, but shoes are the one thing she's always going to say no to.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Main Lodge]

"Oh," Melissa says. She returns the flourish with a curtsy. "Melissa Megalos, at your service." She's from New York. Her accent gives it away.

She quickly flips through the pamphlet, looking at its old pages. Maybe it was preserved somewhere? "As someone who is neither a therapist nor has yet considered having babies, that's...good information to have. Do you think this place is right for me, or...?" Leaving the question hanging, she looks around the lodge for other pamphlets.
    [Main Lodge]

Reinholdt is not too familiar with New York. Unlike Stu, should the two ever meet.

"W-well, that's a difficult question. I would have to know more about why you came in the first place before being able to make a guess on if it's right or not. I do know it's a good place to be, regardless." One should only hope so, given it is in the name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #653

[Main Lodge]

It's too bad that he's not familiar with it, because New York's pretty cool.

Melissa considers her answer to what he says he needs to know, while looking down in a manner that makes her seem unsure of herself. See, every statement she says has to have a kernel of untruth in it, but she doesn't like lying to people. So, in essence, she has to say something that is technically wrong but still conveys the same idea. Normally, this is easy (as evidenced by everything she's said up to now) but direct questions are fundamentally more diffi-"While I've always enjoyed the idea of being a hero, I think I'm fundamentally incapable and/or not good enough to be one which is why the redemption program caught my eye. In addition, I basically grew up in a campground similar to this place and I figured a similar environment to my childhood would probably do me good, at least at first."
    Oh, wait, nevermind. She's got this. She hardly had to even think about what she was saying.

She probably gave too much information there. She could've just given short statements, and she's probably talking too much, so...she decides to shut up for a bit, only nodding or shaking her head to confirm statements.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Oh no, Reelshka will see Annie's face and know what's coming. "No! I don't wanna! I need all of them!" The girl screams. She slaps the floor with her hands and the crayons she's already gathered tumble around her. "I need them! I need them! I need them!" Her face gets bright red.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

New York is very cool.

"I don't know what it takes to be a hero." Though he has a lot of ideas on how not to be one. "But anyone can get better at least. With help. I think you're in the right spot. You'll just need to talk to the right people. I think Sophie would be your best bet. She helped me get off the drugs." The hard ones at least. "Amongst other things."

Rein motions for Melissa to follow him. "I can show you where she works... Or used to anyways. What type of hero did you hope to become one day?" There were more types than he initially gave credit for.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Maltrika doesn't quite giggle, but she makes another baby noise. This strange lady is funny.

"Any help is welcome, as always," Reelshka says, nodding. "Both in the daycare and with these two. Tuskfang is growing more difficult to keep an eye on, as well. And I know all our members have their own affairs, of course."
    [Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth gets an idea as Reelshka mentions Tuskfang. "I could help with keeping an eye on Tuskfang. Asher likes him the most - though Asher doesn't know many kids - and I can always find Asher if necessary." She says, shrugging. "I intend to spend time at the daycare with the kids, as well."

"So, I met Sophie today. I quite like her." She says, smiling as she continues entertaining Matrilka.
    Avvie by yours truly.

27. - Top - End - #657

[Following Rein]

Melissa follows him. "Y'know, Heracles, Atalanta, Achilles, Jason..." she lists off, keeping here answer brief and (presumably) succinct. "That kind."

Do those people show up in a lot of different universes? Hercules sometimes does, because some worlds have him as a god alongside Zeus and Apollo. Jason's a pretty common name. Achilles...has a tendon named after him? Atalanta...has anybody even heard of her? It's still likely he wouldn't know what kind of hero she's talking about.

She would elaborate, but she already feels like she has been talking too much, so she is instead content on just following in silence.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Asher and Tuskfang became rather good friends, that's true. And I'm sure Asher will get to meet more children here now." Her eyes twitch. "Oh, yes. Sophie has been here for a hwile, hasn't she? Not long ago, she returned to the campsite glowing, and I understand something profound had happened to her. But she seems just like she was, just... subtly different."

[Sapling Cabin]

"Enough." Reelshka's deceptively calm tone cuts through Annie's cries. "Go into the corner and wait there, Annie. If you won't share the crayons, you'll just have to wait until the others are done."

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"No! I need to draw!" Annie screeches. She kicks her heels against the floor now too. It doesn't seem she's willing to listen to Reelshka's demands.

[Daycare]

Annie looks at it more closely. There's a skeptical look on her face, but she doesn't challenge it. "Why?" She asks simply?

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Is that really what her uniform looks like? Goodness. Well, she is from another world. Maybe it's more...something in their fashion.
    Anchor steps over to Mintaka and reaches out to help guide the alien officer towards the door. Given what we've seen so far, Mintaka would probably hurt herself trying to walk too soon after all that time spent still.
    "Good. This should be a lot better than the skylight. Now, are you familiar at all with this world you've ended up on?" It can be a surprise to people, and it sounds like she's been tied up by Leap this whole time.
    Mintaka is thankful for the shoulder to lean on. "Somewhat. I've got scouting logs from others so I'm at least aware of the nature of this place. First time here though." She admits. The moment she is out in full sunlight, the alien gives a long and relaxed sigh at the feel of the sunlight. In moments her deep blue skin darkens a few shades and she already begins to look healthier. "I would have more complete records on my ship whenever it arrives."