New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

Hawthorn Cabin

"You've, uh, got the wrong girl." Sekhmet protests. She's a scholar, sure, but not a fighter. Her will isn't particularly strong, Jimothy can definitely read her mind. She's scared, but curious at the same time.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin - Father and Son]

Tuskfang's eyes go wide as saucers during Pathfinder's explanation. The little boy is having some trouble processing all this.

"Whaa? But I thought grandpa and grandma were Wolfen, not spirits. You're a Wolfen and not spirit, too." He pokes Pathfinder's leg with his finger as is to reassure himself of his father's corporeality. "You've told me stories about how the Great Spirits made Wolfen."
    Ironoak Cabin - Father & Son

Pathfinder gives a chuckle and picks up Tuskfang to set him on his lap so he can hug his son. "I am very much real and not a spirit, yes. And neither are you. But Great Spirits sometimes make bodies of their own to wander the realms in. Your grandma and grandpa do so frequently and on one occasion gave birth to your uncle and I. It means that we are truly Wolfen, but the power of Spirits flows through us and you. What you do with it however, is up to you to decide and nurture."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Outside the Infirmary]

Anchor's face lights up in excitement.
    "Um, I mean, the Nexus is already pretty alive. Especially here at GLoG. Not even really damaged or anything."
    Well, some places are actually, themselves, alive. But that's beside the point, right?
    And anything Mintaka wants to add to the pond is automatically extra-suspect.
    "We'd love to share samples, though. And I bet the island could do with some new plants."
    Outside the Infirmary

That thought makes Mintaka pause and think. "Well, yes, this place is well and alive which is why I wanted samples from it. Especially since there's simply so much wonderful diversity. It does tend to lean into the carbon-based end rather heavily though." She points out before shrugging and looking up at the sun with her eyes closed to let her face bask in the warm light. "I'll have to take a look at the island to decide what plants to seed there. And it will depend on whether you want something edible or material producing."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Hawthorn Cabin

"You've, uh, got the wrong girl." Sekhmet protests. She's a scholar, sure, but not a fighter. Her will isn't particularly strong, Jimothy can definitely read her mind. She's scared, but curious at the same time.
    Hawthorn Cabin

Jimothy's smile goes from almost creepy to supportive. "What do you mean I've got the wrong girl? I could've chosen from who knows how many creatures in this realm, but I chose you." Quick as a flash, Jimothy moves to circle the three quarters of the cabin Sekhmet isn't in. Two arms appear just underneath his head, and he rests his head in his hands. "Do you really think that was a mistake, seeing my powers and knowledge about this realm? You are a fighter, believe me." Technically it was random, not a mistake, but that's enough for Jimothy.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

Sekhmet isn't so sure about Jimothy's supposed power. She is sure that she doesn't know how to fight and doesn't like fighting. "No, uh, I'm pretty sure you're wrong."

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin - Father and Son]

Tuskfang hugs his dad back, but his tail wags quickly as his little fuzzy head is likewise working at high speed.

"Wow. That's crazy. Does mommy know? I guess she has to, if they gave her a gift."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

Annie looks up from her drawing again and gives him a puzzled frown. "What do you mean?"
    [QUOTE=Gulaghar;24147151][Daycare]

Asher points at her frowning face as an example. "You frown a lot. S-So serious. Why?" He inquires again, wondering what it'd take to make her smile. "I'm sure y-you have a cute smile..." Why wouldn't he want everyone to be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Daycare Dark Room]

Sasha continued to stare at Karasu. It wasn't too unusual to say hello after introducing oneself. Karasu. Race: Friend. Hello. So far so good. The moving shadows was a little unusual and forced Sasha to split her focus so she could watch both at the same time.

There is a minuscule flinch at the second set of pictograms, but nothing particularly overt. Apparently the third set was supposed to represent her and Friend? Holding hands? That wasn't possi- ah. Karasu was suffering a misconception Sasha had run into before. Well certainly no big deal. Surely Karasu didn't come here for simply that though.

And as Sasha suspected, Karasu clarifies that she wanted Sasha to talk. Well that just seemed like a worse idea than the first one! People always seemed to want her to do that until she actually does. That's what made the dorfs so refreshing. They just presumed she couldn't. Still Karasu seemed insistent.

Oh wait. On which topic? Sasha stares at Karasu, continuing to stretch out the awkward silence the little shadow girl had absolute mastery over. What was she supposed to talk about?
    [Daycare Dark Room]

Karasu senses that not everything she said got through, so points at the ground and creates more pictograms. The flinch at the monsters piques Karasu's curiosity, especially as Ruth'd told her about the lab monsters she fought.

But first, clearing up communication issues. The pictograms show Sasha using her shadows to talk back in lieu of actually speaking, while Karasu narrates. "I want you to talk to me with your shadows. What if you need something, are you just gonna stare until they figure it out? For instance, tell me about yourself. Show me who Sasha is." At the last part, her shadows show Sasha using her shadows to 'talk' about herself.

Then she again shows them both being 'friends', only this time a monster tries to sneak up on Sasha but Karasu stops it, trying to show that she's an ally.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hawthorn Cabin

Jimothy studies Sekhmet for a moment. "I would've thought someone with your knowledge would know that not all fighting has to be physical." Looking around the room and trying to find the source of the feeling of being watched, Jimothy fails and mentally shrugs it off. "After all, a battle of wits isn't called a 'battle' for nothing."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"Uh, I guess." Sekhmet isn't quite sure she follows Jimothy's logic. "Why do you need, uh, a priest? What would I, uh, have to do?" She's not sold on the idea. She has a few questions first, including one Jimothy should be able to read from her mind even if she hasn't said it aloud yet, "What do I get in exchange?"

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daycare Dark Room]

Sasha decides the person in front of her is very strange indeed. Need something? What could she possibly need? She has no needs. Only her Master's wishes, which she fulfills just fine without talking. Indeed, that is the Master's preference. And Karasu wants the shadows to show her who Sasha is? But... Sasha's literally right there. Maybe Karasu can't see as well in the dark as Sasha thought.

Adults were weird.

Sasha figures it won't hurt to try at least. As she continued to stare unblinkingly at Karasu, two shadow tendrils rise up from the floor, one on each side of Sasha. They rise and rise, growing taller and taller, until they become even bigger than the relatively small shadow girl who controls them. Bending and twisting, they cross above Sasha, reaching for each other until they entwine in the middle. Thus creating the perfect boxed frame of shadows for Sasha as she stands under the arch.

There she is. Sasha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Firbolg in the Playground

Outside the Infirmary
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    That thought makes Mintaka pause and think. "Well, yes, this place is well and alive which is why I wanted samples from it. Especially since there's simply so much wonderful diversity. It does tend to lean into the carbon-based end rather heavily though." She points out before shrugging and looking up at the sun with her eyes closed to let her face bask in the warm light. "I'll have to take a look at the island to decide what plants to seed there. And it will depend on whether you want something edible or material producing."
    "Material-producing sounds better. I mean, that's just my opinion. And we might want to check with the tree spirits around here." Anchor says, remembering suddenly.
    "Again, don't be in any hurry. Soak in some sun."
    "But there are planets with a mix of carbon-based and other bases, in the same place?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hawthorn Cabin

"I require a priest because I can't be expected to do all of the things I need done, now can I? Can't exactly be in two places at once, though I would love to. All you would have to do is a few odd jobs I need done, as well as anything else you would like to do for me. You needn't worry about what you'll get in return, I have a few things I can give you, such as workers, magical boons, etcetera." Jimothy doesn't let on that he can read her thoughts, apart from mentioning what Sekhmet would get in exchange.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"I, uh, I don't know." Sekhmet's not to sure about this. She doesn't really trust the entity who appeared out of nowhere in her cabin, while she was asleep. Besides, she doesn't need workers, although magical power would be nice, but she has that already too.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-09-23 at 04:59 PM.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hawthorn Cabin

Jimothy's smile appears slightly strained. "Ah, come on, I'm not bargaining for your soul or anything. If you want, I can even show you one of the workers I spoke of." He antsily squirms, his eyes darting from side to side, remembering the feeling of being watched.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"No, uh, I really shouldn't." Sekhmet shifts nervously in the chair. Judging by the looks of this thing, the workers are probably hideous monstrosities themselves. "I have work of my own already." She's an apprentice golem-maker, relatively new at it, but she loves her work.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Daycare]

Asher points at her frowning face as an example. "You frown a lot. S-So serious. Why?" He inquires again, wondering what it'd take to make her smile. "I'm sure y-you have a cute smile..." Why wouldn't he want everyone to be happy?
    [Daycare]

"I smile sometimes." Annie's mouth turns into a thin line. "I just don't wanna right now."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dwarf Fortress]

One day, Reelshka is walking into the tunnel, holding Tuskfang by his hand. It takes the little woblin boy a lot of effort (and his mother's firm grip) not to run off ahead of her in his excitement. Today, he'll finally get the promised pet.[/COLOR]
    Reelshka and Tuskfang will eventually get pointed to the tavern by a suspicious looking dwarf. The looks have abated a little but there are still a lot of dwarves who are clearly uncomfortable with this whole arrangement. They'll find the tavern relatively packed - must be break time - with Utost at the bar with his two children sitting next to him. They each holding a mug and Utost is talking to a dwarf that Reelshka will recognise (and Tuskfang might too) as the one that was so rude to her the first time they came down to look at the animals.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside The Infirmary

The alien gives a nod at the advice and just lays back on the ground, stomach up towards the sun so she can bask in its light. "They don't really appear there naturally together, but my partners and I have been able to strike a balance on a few worlds. It takes a lot of care and thought, but it is possible. It just might not be a form of life you can recognize as life. I can grow plants on that island that filter excessive metals in the soil and water into seeds for example. You'd be amazed at how much metal is in lake or ocean water."

Ironoak Cabin

"Your mother knows, yes. Other than you, your mother, and I, there's only a few others that know however. It is a family secret."
    Pathfinder explains. "But whatever you choose to do with this gift, how you choose to nurture it now that you know, it is up to you."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Reelshka deals with all the suspicious glares with a pleasant, polite smile. She has long since learned the art of bulldozing through rude and bigoted people by staying perfectly polite, relentlessly stubborn and grievously passive-aggressive. He heads straight towards Utost and the others when she walks into the tavern.

"Here we are. Hello, everyone," she says pleasantly.

"Hi Endok! Hi Olon!" Tuskfang greets his friends.

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Yeah, I bet aunt Renetta knows too," Tuskfang deduces. "And Flamecrest! Is Flamecrest like me?" He then frowns in deep concentration. "I can see and touch spirits. I dunno what else I'd like to do. I'm gonna have to think."

Meanwhile, Pathfinder will no doubt recognize the sound and smell of Reelshka arriving, and headed their way. The goblin is soon to arrive, looking at her mate and son a little quizzically.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Bugbear in the Playground

[by the lake]

Melissa sits on the lake's shore, staring out into it.

Just listening to the sound of the wind howling through the forest and stirring up the lake is pretty relaxing. The way the clouds make a chiaroscuro effect across nature, and the way the trees blow around, and everything else.
    She takes a strand of her blonde hair and tucks it behind her ear, to keep it from blowing in front of her face.

Being here is enjoyable.

She takes off her shoes and socks and then straightens her legs so her feet can dip into the cold water.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Outside the Infirmary]

"I don't really see that working out here. The place is too unstable already."
    Anchor says, shaking her head.
    "They just grow the metal out of the water and into the plants? Huh. I never would have thought of something like that. But if they're still plants with seeds, they can't be too strange, I mean. Anyway, once your ship is here, we can go take a look at the island together and see what'll fit."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #771

Dwarf Fortress

Tuskfang! Endok cries out, holding up his drink in greeting. Olon and Endok both get up and head over. I heard you were getting a pet! But dad didn't know if it was a surprise or not so I'm not supposed to say what it is. Olon leans in close to Tuskfang and whispers to him. It's super cute. She confides.

Hey Reelshka. This is Taguz, I think you met before? She's our head animal trainer and butcher. They are inextricably linked. Taguz for her part raises her tankard to Reelshka cautiously. Let me get you and Tuskfang a drink. He adds, reaching over the bar and grabbing out a pair of tankards, looking carefully at the available barrels. Goblins drink... sewer brew? Surely that's just for lack of better options right? They're friends, break out the good stuff. Whip wine it is.

Reelshka will be handed two tankards of wine with a tart, complex flavour. A lot of subtleties that she'll likely miss not being a connoisseur of dwarven alcohol but it is very tasty. Also quite alcoholic but it's masked very well.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2019-09-27 at 12:00 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Tuskfang's eyes go wide. A surprise pet! And he's a cute one! Before he can prattle on about it, though, a metal mug is placed in front of him. He looks up at his mom, who is looking rather awkward.

"Thank you, but... Tuskfang isn't old enough to drink alcohol." Do dwarven children drink it? Odd.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Hawthorn Cabin

"No, uh, I really shouldn't." Sekhmet shifts nervously in the chair. Judging by the looks of this thing, the workers are probably hideous monstrosities themselves. "I have work of my own already." She's an apprentice golem-maker, relatively new at it, but she loves her work.
    Hawthorn Cabin

The workers are indeed hideous monstrosities.

Jimothy smiles knowingly. "Of course someone as talented as you would already have work. I'm not asking you to leave that work behind. Being my priest would not take up too much of your time, you'd just have to do an odd job for me every once in a while. Who knows, you might find something for your golems while you're doing the jobs for me." Nice job blowing the cover on your mind reading abilities, Jimothy. It would appear that either Sekhmet is going to have to find a way to end the conversation, or somebody else is going to have to show up.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

"Aaaaah! How'd you know about that!" Sekhmet switches back to frightened, assuming that Jimothy has been stalking her. That's really creepy, Jimothy. You shouldn't do that. "I'm not interested, uh, leave me alone!" She pauses, "Please?"

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hawthorn Cabin

Jimothy gasps. "Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that I've been reading your mind. Sorry." He shrinks down to the size of a snake, but his voice is no quieter. "Since you have such good manners, I'll leave you alone for now, but know that I'll be back. Maybe next time you'll agree." He turns back to his normal size, but he's abandoned his snake-like body for a massive spring. His ever-smiling head is still there, however. "Pellinta nehel skiimer!" he says in a voice that suggests it's a goodbye. The spring coils up, then launches at the ceiling as Jimothy tries to bust out of the cabin.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Hawthorn Cabin

Sekhmet stares up at the departing eldritch horror as he smashes through the roof. She sighs, only party in relief. How is she going to explain that one to maintenance? She hopes he doesn't make good on his promise to come back.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #777

Dwarf Fortress

Utost laughs a short burst of laughter before catching Reelshka's expression. Reelshka I know he's young but he's hardly a suckling babe. Utost says, looking back to Tuskfang. Hey yeah how old are you Tuskfang? Are you gonna get your beard soon? Olon's eyes light up.

Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

"I'm five! But mom says I won't grow a beard until I'm much older. Goblins don't usually have beards unless they've very old but I'm a woblin so it could happen," Tuskfang says rather quickly, with a big grin. Reelshka, meanwhile, looks unsure. Best to make some things clear before it gets even more awkward.

"I know dwarves might be different here, but neither goblins not Wolfen give alcohol to children."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-09-28 at 07:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779

Dwarf Fortress

What?
    Says Utost, looking at Reelshka like she's an idiot. What else would they drink?

I bet you'll get a beard all over. Olon says to Tuskfang, watching Utost and Reelshka talk.

Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Tuskfang puts his hands on his cheeks.

"Maybe I will. Dad has fur all over. Balthuk and Maltrika do too. So I guess they won't get beards too."

"Milk, juice or water," Reelshka meanwhile says matter-of-factly.