New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

[Outside the Cabins]

Oh! This is great - someone just came out of one of the two non-residential buildings he's thinking are left.

He smiles back and steps towards her. "Hi! Yes, I do, sorry," he says.

"So, um..." He feels a little sheepish for asking, but he says it anyway: "I heard my daughter works here but I'm not entirely sure where here she works, so...so I was looking around to see if anyone knew if she's around today."

It'd probably help if Zophiel said her name, right? "Her name's Alkania...well, I guess it's Anchor? Black hair, about this tall... Do you know if she's around?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside The Cabins]

Ruth smile falters as she remembers her interactions with Alkania. She seemed quite bitter... but then who could blame Ruth for seeing evil and destroying it? She came back with the evil gone, that's what matters. Alkania, however, did not appreciate being atomized. "I have met her. We didn't part on good terms, and now she doesn't speak to me, though I have moved on. However, she could be found at Foxside, the Temple of Inari. I could point you there, but I will not be there for the interaction, lest I cause any undue strife or toxicity." She explains.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-01-05 at 02:22 AM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #1113

[Outside the Cabins]

It's a good thing Ruth doesn't talk about her last meeting with his daughter: informing someone you atomized their daughter is probably not a good first impression.

Foxside...foxside...

Zophiel has no idea what Foxside is. Dancing Fox Inn, he knows about. The Temple of Inari...he's heard about but never been.

He looks down at his map...he left the Nexus long before the explosion of "-side" places.. He flips through the map - it needs several pages to stay accurate with the ever-changing Nexus at various scales - trying to find it. "I remember hearing about Inari's Temple," he says, "but I've never been there. Do you know if it's near the Dancing Fox Inn, or are they completely unrelated?" he asks.

Then, adds, "I'd really appreciate it if you tell me where it is." Or, at least, point it out on the map, since that's just as good.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

Spako looks at Sylvie with a mixed expression. He...kind of knows what she’s talking about?
    ”Kind of? You told me what your title was. Never what it really entailed. But that doesn’t matter. You don’t do that anymore. You don’t have to. You’re safe and you have people like me and Sam to help you. You don’t need that life anymore. So you don’t need him.” assures the dragon.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Flight School]

Dark apotheosis?

That...

Doesn't sound great.

Geneva's ears fold back a bit.

"I'm sorry... It sounds like people like you aren't seen very positively at all where you come from," Geneva surmises.

Then she smiles a bit.

"Just another reasons to be thankful that you're here,"
    the hippogriff reasons. "Did your wings grow in a bit more when you, eerr, changed? Or where they always that big?"

Geneva is kind of curious what Sekhmet looked like before now.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

"They, uh, weren't there before," Sekhmet explains. She has a pretty good understanding of why Geneva was asking. "My eyes were normal, not all black like now. My tail was much shorter, too, and not so sharp, and I didn't have these, or these." Sekhmet points out her four smaller horns and then holds out her hands, showing her claws and the armor on their backs and forearms. "I was more human back then, I suppose."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1117

[Flight School]

Geneva just nods back.

"You changed a lot," she summarizes.

So much.

So very much.

But!

There's one upside to all this.

"Now you can fly, though."

See? Silver lining right there.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

Sekhmet smiles faintly. "That is good, uh, isn't it." She does like flying, but her mind is back on the days after her transformation. "It was horrifying. To wake up and discover that I wasn't what I used to be. I could barely walk because I'd never carried my wings, I was half-naked because I didn't have any tops that fit anymore. I... I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. I couldn't stand what I'd become. I still can't look myself in the eyes." Sekhmet's eyes are creepy. Even her boyfriend thinks so. She just has glassy black orbs in her sockets, no pupil, no iris, no sclera. She's starting to shake back and forth and sob a little. "I couldn't sleep, I couldn't be comfortable anymore. I couldn't work up the energy to eat or clean myself. I couldn't even use my hands, my claws tore at everything I touched." Sekhmet's tears are flowing freely now, but they seem to be tears of relief. "If I didn't have kind people like you, who cared enough to check on me, I don't know what would have happened."
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-01-06 at 12:38 AM.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1119

[Flight School]

Geneva doesn't say anything.

Nothing at all.

She just scoots up along side Sekhmet and extends a wing to drape it around her.

Like an arm over shoulders.

A 'I'm here for you' sort of hug.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

Sekhmet sits in silence for a while too, occasionally shaking or letting out a sob. Events, she sniffles out a "Thank you." She slowly stands up, feeling better. "We, uh, should start flying again." She stretches out her wings. It took months, but she's become comfortable with them, and now, she can fly. She can fly! Being a devil maybe isn't all bad. Certainly some things are hard: her vulnerability to silver, her inability to enter holy places, and the groups of people who want to kill her just for what she is, but she has arcane power, and she can fly.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    It's a good thing Ruth doesn't talk about her last meeting with his daughter: informing someone you atomized their daughter is probably not a good first impression.

Foxside...foxside...

Zophiel has no idea what Foxside is. Dancing Fox Inn, he knows about. The Temple of Inari...he's heard about but never been.

He looks down at his map...he left the Nexus long before the explosion of "-side" places.. He flips through the map - it needs several pages to stay accurate with the ever-changing Nexus at various scales - trying to find it. "I remember hearing about Inari's Temple," he says, "but I've never been there. Do you know if it's near the Dancing Fox Inn, or are they completely unrelated?" he asks.

Then, adds, "I'd really appreciate it if you tell me where it is." Or, at least, point it out on the map, since that's just as good.
    [Outside the Cabins]

"Oh, they are related, as far as I know. You can find it around here." Ruth replies, pointing to the exact spot on the map where the temple is located. "I suggest you go to Trog's Tavern, the Nexus is such that you can get anywhere from there. If I recall correctly, there is a portal to the Temple located in the Dancing Fox Inn, as well." She explains, ensuring that Zophiel can get where he wishes in as fast a time as possible.

Ruth pauses, considering her next words. She decides to come clean, even knowing that it would likely change Zophiel's opinion of her. The truth is more important than reputation, after all. "When you meet Alkania... should you tell her about me, she will tell you some things that will put me in a bad light. I do not expect forgiveness in her lifetime, nor do I seek it any longer. I would be glad if I was granted it, but that's more for her sake than mine, I know what holding on to grudges can do to the spirit. An evil resided in your daughter, and she would not give it up without a fight. Being an angel, it is my job to purge evil. I hope you understand I did what I did not out of malice, but out of a desire to cure." She explains, smiling sadly.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #1122

[Outside the cabins]

Zophiel knows the Dancing Fox Inn pretty well, but the train going straight to Inside and Trog's would be faster...that makes the answer pretty obvious about which to go to. Besides, Trog's Tavern is recommended. He nods. "Okay. Thanks, I know which train to take," he says.

'An evil resided in [her]'? Honestly, the same could be said of the paladin. Obviously, he disagrees with this angel.
    The paladin sighs.
    Then, he steels his voice in a way only a parent can. "Listen. It's good that she's fine now," he says, "and you're lucky I wasn't there." Pretty expected, in response to being told 'I tried to purge your daughter'.

"Anyway." He looks down at his map again. Right...this is easy. Just turn around, catch the next train, and then he's practically there. "I should probably get going." He should also probably get a phone, apparently those are useful. "Gotta catch the next train, after all."

He turns so that he can head out of the camp and back to the Riftline.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Zophiel knows the Dancing Fox Inn pretty well, but the train going straight to Inside and Trog's would be faster...that makes the answer pretty obvious about which to go to. Besides, Trog's Tavern is recommended. He nods. "Okay. Thanks, I know which train to take," he says.

'An evil resided in [her]'? Honestly, the same could be said of the paladin. Obviously, he disagrees with this angel.
    The paladin sighs.
    Then, he steels his voice in a way only a parent can. "Listen. It's good that she's fine now," he says, "and you're lucky I wasn't there." Pretty expected, in response to being told 'I tried to purge your daughter'.

"Anyway." He looks down at his map again. Right...this is easy. Just turn around, catch the next train, and then he's practically there. "I should probably get going." He should also probably get a phone, apparently those are useful. "Gotta catch the next train, after all."

He turns so that he can head out of the camp and back to the Riftline.
    [Outside the cabins]

Ruth nods in understanding at Zophiel's reaction and words, and replies before he decides to get going. "I was very new to the Nexus, then. I was not aware how differently things worked here. I sense a sealed evil in you, and I will not try to purge it without your consent." She smiles, unaffected by the implied threat in those words.

Once Zophiel decides to leave, she nods her head and walks back to the daycare.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-01-07 at 01:22 PM.
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #1124

[=> leaving]

And so, with a new destination in mind, the paladin heads back to the Riftline so he can catch a train.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Flight School]

"Sounds good to me. We'll focus on the landings, okay? That might mean a few more crashes but it's really important that you get good at this,"
    Geneva says.

She'll take off along with Sekhmet!

And provide some helpful pointers with each landing.

Geneva will continue to encourage Sekhmet to keep trying until she manages to stick the landing several times in a row, so they might be at this for a while.

[Glog Entrance]

Oh hey look here comes Zee!

She's carrying a paper shopping bag that's about as unremarkable looking as she is. One of those ones with the twisted paper handles on the top.

What's in the bag, Zee?

Is it something cool?

Considering that she's heading toward the entrance to the dorf fort it is almost without question something cool.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-01-07 at 12:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

It takes a couple hours before Sekhmet is comfortable enough with landing to succeed several times in a row. By then her wings are very tired, but she's proud of her success. "Thank you so much! I don't know how I could repay you!" She says excitedly to Geneva. She's happier than she's been for much of the time since she transformed.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1127

[Flight School]

"I think a hug will be good for now," Geneva replies, spreading her wings in hug anticipation.

She uses her wings to hug.

Which really isn't a huge shock considering that she's got a buncha feet otherwise.

"I think maybe the next time I visit we can try some psionics lessons? Warning you now, that will probably be WAY more complicated and time consuming than learning how to fly."

Less fun.

More work.

But important work none the less.

"And if you ever need help with anything? Feel free to give me a call. You should come over to my home some time and have dinner with my family. I'm sure they would enjoy meeting you."

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

Sekhmet gives Geneva a friendly hug. "That sounds good. Uh, both of them." Although Sekhmet does think about eating dinner with a Geneva's family will be strange. If they aren't human, would they have different eating manners? She doesn't want to accidentally commit a faux pas. On the other hand, telepathy lessons sound like a lot of fun. She could use some practice with her powers on something other than Ellie.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

[Birthday Party]

"Yeah, you gotta watch out for him," Brinika says. "He really likes hugging people and he's always sticky. I think finding honey is like his superpower or something."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Oh hey look here comes Zee!

She's carrying a paper shopping bag that's about as unremarkable looking as she is. One of those ones with the twisted paper handles on the top.

What's in the bag, Zee?

Is it something cool?

Considering that she's heading toward the entrance to the dorf fort it is almost without question something cool.
    [Glog Entrance]

Ruth spots someone walking into the League. Not just any someone, however! It's someone looking unremarkable, if one merely saw with the eyes of the physical. Perpendicular to reality, however, is another story. This being must be Lapis' mother, or at least one of her older siblings. Only one way to find out!

The green haired woman intercepts Zee as she heads in the direction of the Dorf fortress, revealing one pair of wings to Zee. "Greetings, and peace be unto you. Are you Lapis Lazuli's mother? My 'son' is currently playing with her in VIGIL. Your form is so majestic." She compliments, gazing at the other angel.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Flight School]

"Great! Give me a call when it's a good time for you, okay?" Geneva says. "It's starting to get a bit late, so I should probably get going. I really enjoyed the lessons, Sekhmet. They were a lot of fun! You take care of yourself, okay? And don't forget that you can call me any time."

If you call her in the middle of the night when she's asleep she might be a bit cross, though.

With a beat of her wings she rises up into the air.

"I'll see you later, bye!"

And then she begins flying away, gradually picking up speed.

Once she isn't directly above the campsite anymore?

She suddenly takes off as if she had been fired out of a cannon, a sound like rolling thunder following shortly after.

Geeze. She is really fast.

[Glog Entrance]

Oh hey someone is talking to her.

What information has she got to work off of here?

Green haired woman. Wings. Can see her. And... isn't reacting negatively? A quick check informs her that that there aren't any fractal fragments lodged in the woman's mind. Which is good! Really good. She must be something that's naturally resistant to that sort of thing. Usually outsiders are. Devils, demons, inevitables, angels, archons, weird giant frogs... All those things are typically a bit inhospitable to a little living shard of herself. Zee's getting the impression that this lady MIGHT not fall into one of the Planescape categories, though. This is something else.

"Uh... and unto you?" Zee replies a bit hesitantly. Is that how it goes? That seems right. "Yeah, I'm Lapis' mother. And thanks? I don't think I've met you before-"

She squints... up?

No. Not quite up.

Something else.

"-Ruth?"

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

Flight School

"Bye!" Sekhmet calls after Geneva. Then she turns, gets a running start, and flies back to her own cabin, exhilarating in her newfound freedom.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Oh hey someone is talking to her.

What information has she got to work off of here?

Green haired woman. Wings. Can see her. And... isn't reacting negatively? A quick check informs her that that there aren't any fractal fragments lodged in the woman's mind. Which is good! Really good. She must be something that's naturally resistant to that sort of thing. Usually outsiders are. Devils, demons, inevitables, angels, archons, weird giant frogs... All those things are typically a bit inhospitable to a little living shard of herself. Zee's getting the impression that this lady MIGHT not fall into one of the Planescape categories, though. This is something else.

"Uh... and unto you?" Zee replies a bit hesitantly. Is that how it goes? That seems right. "Yeah, I'm Lapis' mother. And thanks? I don't think I've met you before-"

She squints... up?

No. Not quite up.

Something else.

"-Ruth?"
    [Glog Entrance]

Ruth smiles widely when the other angel correctly identifies her. "Yes, that is what this body is called. I'm an angel, you could call me an archangel, but of a different sort than you. Thus, the wings." She gestures at her wings, and makes it disappear, though Zee could probably still see it. "Lapis spoke of you and I just had to meet you, I intended on coming over to the drinking establishment you work in." Her face wrinkles a bit at drinking establishment. "I suppose drunkenness isn't as frowned upon where you are from." She says, by way of explaining her reaction. "And your name is... Zee?" She looks into the immediate future for the answer, and assumes Zee did the same.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

"I think it will be good if I talk to him," Sophie says. "It sounds like he was the first other self to develop and might be the key to getting to the bottom of this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Halfling in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

Sylvie sighs quietly. Spako's not wrong, but-

"W-without that, Spako, I-I'm not good for anything."

Her form shifts.

What replaces the little kobold is a slightly dirty-looking maybe-half-elf.

The maybe-elf is remarkable only in his utter normalcy. Boring brown eyes look around the room at Spako and Sophie, and he gives a faint sigh.

There is something very strange about this elf though - it seems very difficult to actually pick up any details about him. Sophie and Spako will find their gaze sort of slipping off to the side as they look at him, and it feels like they'd forget him within moments if they looked away. All in all, it seems very well designed to blend into any crowd and leave little trace behind afterwards.

"Hi. I'm Jack."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

Spako folds his hands. He has opinions, but he will save them for now. Sylvess changed before he could say anything. So now he simply looks at Jack impassively.
    ”Hello. I hear you have words for me.” he says in a neutral tone.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

Sophie... looks directly at Jack. It seems she has no problem focusing on him and studying him intently. As if this subtle effect wasn't even there, or just withered under her steady gaze.

"Hello. I'm Sophie Mouchabière, Spako and Sylvess' therapist. I would also like to speak with you about some things Sylvess said."

28. - Top - End - #1138

[Glog Entrance]

Looking into the future for the answer before the answer is given.

Wouldn't that create a grandfather paradox?

Zee does her best not to think very much about time-stuff. It gets SUPER confusing in a hurry.

Instead she just keeps smiling pleasantly.

"Oh, an angel, that's neat," she replies brightly. Yep. Totally an angel. Not the sort that she is. No question there at all. Hopefully not the smite-y sort of angel. Some of the divine-related folks around the Nexus haven't been huge fans of Zee and other entities like her. "If you met Lapis you must have been at VIGIL? I should probably check in on her again. Did she tell you my name's Zee?"

There.

Grandfather paradox closed maybe.

Zee doesn't want the Hounds of Tindalos sniffing around here if she can avoid it.

Then a look regarding the restaurant and bar Zee works at. She manages to avoid looking offended. "Being a drunkard isn't great, but wine makes the heart glad. People need a way to unwind sometimes. It's my job to make sure they don't over-do it. Mostly I'm at Trog's because that's where so many of the newcomers to the Nexus appear. I want to be a friendly, hospitable face for the lost and confused."

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Halfling in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

"Yeah. Yeah, right." Jack leans forward slightly, his gaze focused somewhere in between the two of them. "Look, I dunno much about the two of you but I get enough to know you want rid of me, and the others." He sighs and rubs his hands together in a somewhat agitated manner. "And, look, I get it, right? You want to look after Sylvess. And some of us? Not that big a deal if we go. But if you want to look after Sylvess then you gotta understand that he needs Lucy, and he needs me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Dragon Therapy]

Spako steeples his fingers in front of him.
    ”Does he though, Jack? He doesn’t do what you do anymore. He’s wealthy beyond most people’s dreams. He’s safe, protected, and is a handsome, talented dragon who can get along fine in a less dangerous field if he wants some extra gold for the hoard.
    And really, all that is besides the point. You all share a brain. Every skill you have, every thing you know, he has and he knows. He’s just convinced that he doesn’t because he thinks that it’s all in you and not him.”

All of Sylvess’ personas are part of him. Which means that they’re all parts of him. Spako is convinced that Sylvess could be as socially brave as Lucy and as competent as Jack if he only stopped thinking that those parts of himself were in other people.