The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 166 of 166
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Do you find the cooking time on beans gets difficult? I like beans but 8 hours soaking plus 2 hours cooking gets tiring after a while, I end up eating really late.

    The link is nice, thanks :)
    Beans are a classic slow-cooker/pressure cooker dish for a reason. Set 'em in the morning, eat 'em in the evening.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Night Vale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Do you find the cooking time on beans gets difficult? I like beans but 8 hours soaking plus 2 hours cooking gets tiring after a while, I end up eating really late.

    The link is nice, thanks :)
    I largely eat canned beans, which are basically step 1: open the can, step 2: mix with whatever I'm eating them with, step 3: eat.

    When I am doing raw beans, I usually try and start soaking them either the night before or at breakfast and then put them on the stove to simmer the second I get home in the afternoon. Otherwise like tyckspoon said, if you have a slow cooker/rice cooker/crock pot, you can put the beans in there and they'll be ready to eat either the next morning or that evening depending on when you started them. If you have a pressure cooker/one pot, you can cook them quite a bit faster (it's been a while since I had access to either of those, so I don't remember exactly how much faster).

    When I'm out backpacking, I'm usually using either dehydrated refried beans or fill a 1L water bottle with beans and soak them through the day as I'm hiking. I mostly stick to the dehydrated refried beans since a 1L water bottle is a lot of extra weight to carry up and over mountain passes.
    Avatar by TheGiant
    Long-form Sig

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I largely eat canned beans, which are basically step 1: open the can, step 2: mix with whatever I'm eating them with, step 3: eat.

    When I am doing raw beans, I usually try and start soaking them either the night before or at breakfast and then put them on the stove to simmer the second I get home in the afternoon. Otherwise like tyckspoon said, if you have a slow cooker/rice cooker/crock pot, you can put the beans in there and they'll be ready to eat either the next morning or that evening depending on when you started them. If you have a pressure cooker/one pot, you can cook them quite a bit faster (it's been a while since I had access to either of those, so I don't remember exactly how much faster).

    When I'm out backpacking, I'm usually using either dehydrated refried beans or fill a 1L water bottle with beans and soak them through the day as I'm hiking. I mostly stick to the dehydrated refried beans since a 1L water bottle is a lot of extra weight to carry up and over mountain passes.
    All good advice. I love making curried garbanzo beans with onions and peppers, but I hate eating at 11pm after getting home at 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Have anyone eat at Green Blend restaurant? I eat there every morning even though it's a little pricey. It's also very healthy.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Have anyone eat at Green Blend restaurant? I eat there every morning even though it's a little pricey. It's also very healthy.
    That's like 5 states away, soooooo, nope.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    That's like 5 states away, soooooo, nope.
    Well, I live in New York, NY USA so I think that more than 5 states away.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well, I live in New York, NY USA so I think that more than 5 states away.
    Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York......Pretty much straight east from Missouri till you hit Penn. then go north.
    Last edited by Kyrell1978; 2019-09-11 at 11:36 PM.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York......Pretty much straight east from Missouri till you hit Penn. then go north.
    How much water can we use? Because I could be one by using the panama canal, or six (Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, New York.) Or 10 by land, but that involves going south to get bigger states.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    How much water can we use? Because I could be one by using the panama canal, or six (Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, New York.) Or 10 by land, but that involves going south to get bigger states.
    I'm not sure there are any rules to this game, so do your thing.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York......Pretty much straight east from Missouri till you hit Penn. then go north.
    Hey you're right. That's 5 states.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Yesterday afternoon I was very proud of myself for forcing myself through three consecutive sets of push-ups to failure.

    A few hours later I hated myself.

    Today I actually feel okay. Sore of course, but not devastatingly so.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I was very proud of myself for forcing myself through three consecutive sets of push-ups to failure.

    A few hours later I hated myself.

    Today I actually feel okay. Sore of course, but not devastatingly so.
    For me it's usually not the next day, it's two days later that kills me. Good job for getting the work in.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    I must say this is one of the best threads in Giant In The Playground Forum so far.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I must say this is one of the best threads in Giant In The Playground Forum so far.
    Agreed! 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418, 317811
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    For me it's usually not the next day, it's two days later that kills me. Good job for getting the work in.
    About two days is normal for me too, but usually it doesn't hit me so hard a few hours later.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    About two days is normal for me too, but usually it doesn't hit me so hard a few hours later.

    Yeah, I know I've hit it pretty hard if I'm like "I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow" that night.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •