New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

My plans to lose weight have been bombed due to a lot of personal and health issues. I gained about 6 kilos, and now I've lost about 4 of that. I just want to be under 110kg by the end of the year, and keep that stable throughout the winter.

I've started water running classes, every Friday morning, and I love it. It's really good for my mangled knee, since there's not really pressure at all. Though, I need to stretch my leg a couple of times during the hour, but I'm hoping that my knee will get more and more used to it. Water running is such a great core work out... and well, it's also hard on the glutes. I think I need to get a massage, because my legs and glutes have not been this sore since I did kendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    My plans to lose weight have been bombed due to a lot of personal and health issues. I gained about 6 kilos, and now I've lost about 4 of that. I just want to be under 110kg by the end of the year, and keep that stable throughout the winter.

I've started water running classes, every Friday morning, and I love it. It's really good for my mangled knee, since there's not really pressure at all. Though, I need to stretch my leg a couple of times during the hour, but I'm hoping that my knee will get more and more used to it. Water running is such a great core work out... and well, it's also hard on the glutes. I think I need to get a massage, because my legs and glutes have not been this sore since I did kendo.
    I'm sorry about the health issues, but water running is a great form of cardio. If not a massage you could try foam rolling, it helps with knots.

I personally either tore or herniated my right quadracep. I'm so tired of not having insurance, every minor event puts me back months.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh shoot I forgot to exercise on Saturday.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

It'll be ok. Just stay consistent and don't let one slip lead to a bunch of them.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm back up to steam finally. Running regularly again, both arms and both legs in good condition. No squats or deadlifts for a while, I need to run for my sanity's sake and the risk of reinjury is too high right now.

I am doing a 2 day split with a day off after.
    Day 1: Run, Bench Press (120lbs), Row(130lbs), tricep push down(90lbs), lat pull down(160 lbs), facepulls(40lbs), hammer curls(35lbs), abs and stretching.
    Day 2: Run, Overhead Press(90lbs), Skullcrushers(50lbs), facepulls(40lbs), barcurls(70-80lbs), abs and stretching.

I only gained 3 pounds in the month I couldn't run, which is a good sign for me. My diet has slowly shifted over the last three months, I now eat 1-2 pounds of canned beans a day as my staple. That is more about poverty then health, but the meat in my diet has disappeared and recently I stopped missing it much.

Hard to believe I can get 1k calories in a good split between fat, carbs and protein (including the whole dietary fiber
    allotment) for $1 and no one told me. Pinto beans especially are amazing and cheap.

Yesterday stretched it a little though. Black beans for breakfast, pinto beans for lunch and then red beans and sausage for dinner.

@Kyrell1978 What is the beast program like? How is getting certified going?
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-11-12 at 07:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm back up to steam finally. Running regularly again, both arms and both legs in good condition. No squats or deadlifts for a while, I need to run for my sanity's sake and the risk of reinjury is too high right now.

I am doing a 2 day split with a day off after.
    Day 1: Run, Bench Press (120lbs), Row(130lbs), tricep push down(90lbs), lat pull down(160 lbs), facepulls(40lbs), hammer curls(35lbs), abs and stretching.
    Day 2: Run, Overhead Press(90lbs), Skullcrushers(50lbs), facepulls(40lbs), barcurls(70-80lbs), abs and stretching.

I only gained 3 pounds in the month I couldn't run, which is a good sign for me. My diet has slowly shifted over the last three months, I now eat 1-2 pounds of canned beans a day as my staple. That is more about poverty then health, but the meat in my diet has disappeared and recently I stopped missing it much.

Hard to believe I can get 1k calories in a good split between fat, carbs and protein (including the whole dietary fiber
    allotment) for $1 and no one told me. Pinto beans especially are amazing and cheap.

Yesterday stretched it a little though. Black beans for breakfast, pinto beans for lunch and then red beans and sausage for dinner.

@Kyrell1978 What is the beast program like? How is getting certified going?
    Beaxst is awesome. It does total body splits but it has Str, hypertrophy, and metabolic all mixed in every day. It starts at 3 total body per week with 2 correctives (read facepulls. Lol) and conditioning days. Weeks three and four dropped one of the total body days for a Power day which is interesting. I've never really done a lot of those so I feel week af while doing them but it's getting better.

Unfortunately I had to put off the certification. My wife and I are currently involved if a court case defending her nursing license from a bull **** accusation which has taken up a good deal of my time recently but I'll get back to it eventually.

Glad to hear you're back to it.

So are you going to do a new 2020 post or just keep this one going? It seems to have lasted a little longer than last year's.
    Last edited by Kyrell1978; 2019-11-13 at 03:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    Beaxst is awesome. It does total body splits but it has Str, hypertrophy, and metabolic all mixed in every day. It starts at 3 total body per week with 2 correctives (read facepulls. Lol) and conditioning days. Weeks three and four dropped one of the total body days for a Power day which is interesting. I've never really done a lot of those so I feel week af while doing them but it's getting better.

Unfortunately I had to put off the certification. My wife and I are currently involved if a court case defending her nursing license from a bull **** accusation which has taken up a good deal of my time recently but I'll get back to it eventually.

Glad to hear you're back to it.

So are you going to do a new 2020 post or just keep this one going? It seems to have lasted a little longer than last year's.
    Sounds like a hard program! My Dad is into metabolic resistance training, I like my muscles not to feel on fire all the time. Do you feel like the combined approach is leading to better improvement?

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the defense goes well.

I'll talk to a mod and see what they prefer. I can either get them to rename this one (we are only on page 7) or make a new one depending on what they feel follows the rules better. I'm thinking "Get Fit Season III: Hindsight is 2020."

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Sounds like a hard program! My Dad is into metabolic resistance training, I like my muscles not to feel on fire all the time. Do you feel like the combined approach is leading to better improvement?

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the defense goes well.

I'll talk to a mod and see what they prefer. I can either get them to rename this one (we are only on page 7) or make a new one depending on what they feel follows the rules better. I'm thinking "Get Fit Season III: Hindsight is 2020."
    I like the new name for sure. Beast has upped my strength quicker for sure. I've also gained weight size in the few weeks I've been on it but part of that has been a lack of discipline in nutrition. I'm cutting that off now to see how much is real gain.

It is pretty hard but I love it.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I like the new name for sure. Beast has upped my strength quicker for sure. I've also gained weight size in the few weeks I've been on it but part of that has been a lack of discipline in nutrition. I'm cutting that off now to see how much is real gain.

It is pretty hard but I love it.
    I'm glad it is going well! I wouldn't worry about fat too much, it is winter. I'm just wearing a heavy jacket until I start starving myself again in spring.

One I was shown was to measure instead of weigh. Gains around the chest, shoulders, and arms are muscle and around the tummy is fat.

I went from 249, then subtract 30 for the omnipresent loose skin :(, in June to 273 now. This amounts to three more inches around the chest but also two around the belly, so there is some fat gain there.

I feel a lot more energetic and stronger at this weight, not looking forward to cutting down again.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Working and going to school fulltime has really put a damper on my fitness progress. It's been tough to find time to eat and hit the gym, so I've definitely lost some weight (not much, went from 165 down to about 160) and I've gotten a little weaker too. Might need to invest in some more mass gainer. Or, you know, just quit my job, drop out of school, and move into the gym permanently. Not writing that off as a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Working and going to school fulltime has really put a damper on my fitness progress. It's been tough to find time to eat and hit the gym, so I've definitely lost some weight (not much, went from 165 down to about 160) and I've gotten a little weaker too. Might need to invest in some more mass gainer. Or, you know, just quit my job, drop out of school, and move into the gym permanently. Not writing that off as a possibility.
    That is too bad! I hope there is a viable way to get more time.

I'm thinking about how I can add gym teacher to my job prospects so I can work out 2 hours a day for pay lol.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-11-24 at 06:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I've been exercised and eating healthy lately.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I've been exercised and eating healthy lately.
    Good to hear. As I recall you were trying to lose weight. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong). How is that going for you?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Good to hear. As I recall you were trying to lose weight. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong). How is that going for you?
    Doing well. I really need a scale to see how much weight I lost.