The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 189
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    smile Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Hi everyone! It is January and New Years resolutions are in full swing, so I thought I would make a new Get Fit thread and see how everyone is doing :)

    How about everyone else? How is health going and what are this years' goals?



    Resources:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last Thread
    Athlean X - Explains what muscles you are working exactly and how you are targeting them.
    Fitness Blender - Free cardio workouts, I use them frequently.
    Darebee -Cool informational packets for exercises and diet, convenient poster designs.
    Exrx.net -Database explaining types of exercises and how to perform them.

    Questions and Answers:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Question: When I try to get into exercise I hurt for days afterwards and then end up not going again. Is this pain normal?

    Answer: This is a normal response to introducing new exercises to your body called DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.) It is marked by a reduced amount of muscle function and deep, painful soreness that starts 24 hours or more after the initial workout. If you continue to exercise it should fade after a week and not return.

    Question: Is Keto a good diet for me? Does it really work?

    Answer: Keto, also known as Atkins and sharing some space with Paleo, is a diet which focuses on reducing carbs below 20grams a day. It has been popular off and on since it was invented because it allows people to lose weight while maintaining a high degree of satiation (fullness,) which helps some individuals who otherwise yo-yo in and out of diets. It still has onerous restrictions and is detrimental for muscle growth and energy during vigorous activities. Keto may be a good diet for you if you can stay on it indefinitely, and helps with food addictions. It may not be good if you are in the very active range such as construction, weightlifting competitions, marathons or the like.


    A quick guide for people totally new to exercise and dieting. Work in progress.
    Spoiler
    Show

    You have decided to get in shape. The first step is probably going to be to go see your doctor and make sure you don't have any health complications before you start a new diet or training regimen.

    If you are like me a few years you probably don't know much about nutrition, what kinds of exercise are good for you, etc. There is a lot of information out there, and getting started is daunting. All of those people at the gym look like they know what they are doing, and you feel embarrassed when you go. That is all perfectly natural to feel, as it pertains to all of real life (see picture below.)



    None of the people at the gym started out being adjusted to working out in front of people or knowing what they are doing, and not all in shape people go to a gym. I disliked going to a gym for the first year I exercised, and I am now fairly acclimated even if I still prefer not going to one.

    The easiest way to motivate yourself starting out is to get an exercise partner, someone who you can motivate and can be motivated by. A friend, member of a class, work colleague, the point is to have accountability and someone to focus on and not get too demotivated by fit people doing something that seems impossible to reach.

    The next step is to pick a hobby and a diet. Some people reading this will be doing one or the other, but they are nearly always best together. Diet controls the nutrients your body needs, allowing you to build muscle, keep healthy vitamin levels and either grow or lose mass as you desire. There are several popular diets out there, from atkins/keto to fruit cleanses to high carb vegan diets. All of these are useful and are easily skipped if you are capable of eating in moderation and cutting out junk food and empty calories without outside assistance (I can't.) Looking at links in the resource section on them will help you decide which is best for you. The most important thing is to pick one that you can do indefinitely and doesn't feel like punishment, given enough time you will slip up if you find the diet tedious or difficult.

    Why do I say hobby and not exercise? Once again you want something that will be easy to continue for a long time, and hopefully motivate you to exercise either as training or as part of the hobby. Hiking, canoes, marathons, tennis, weightlifting, all are hobbies that motivate participants to exercise outside the hobby and helps them enjoy that exercise. Personally I greatly enjoyed hiking so I started walking daily, then lifting weights, and then doing core exercises to improve my hiking speed and distance while minimizing injuries. If you enjoy exercise without needing a hobby then the hobby is unneeded, but personally my hobby motivates me both in general and also provides specific goals such as being able to climb a particular mountain or backpack with a specific weight.

    Once you have a hobby and a diet plan picked out get started! As you get healthier you will find you enjoy those more, leading to a feedback loop that makes staying in shape easier as you go. Enjoying yourself is the best motivation there is.


    My resolution right now is to lose 20lbs by June 12.
    Spoiler: My Stuff
    Show

    I'm currently on a bit of a plateau, I dropped down to 262 at the beginning of December and stopped hard there. I'm reasonably certain it is the rain and not being able to walk as much as I was, but the rainy season is just getting started so it might be a long winter for me. The good news is 262 is only 2 pounds above my original goal for 2 years, and I reached it 6 months early. 160 pounds down! Stretch goal is to get to 240 by June, those last 20 might be rough though.

    My current exercise routine is a split between Kickboxing for cardio, resistance band weight training and calisthenics. Basically because I am cheap and got tired of paying for a gym when I can do the majority of it at home.

    Spoiler: Progress pics, 2017 to now.
    Show

    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-01-24 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K19!

    One of my resolutions was to start a new Get Fit thread.

    Healthwise things are ok on my side. I put on a few pounds since November due to lack of exercise and a lot of chocolate to handle the stress.
    Then I got a bit of a headstart for 2019 by signing up for a Silvester run and throwing myself out of bed each christmas mornig to go for a run. The event went way better than I expected. I started near the end of the field since I did not know how it would turn out but I felt better with every kilmeter and finished the 11 km in about 1:07. That put me in place in the 1800's but for me it is a pretty decent time and I did not feel like I had run to exhaustion.

    Since then I went climbing once, did a few pushups, went for a ~10 km run each week.
    Most importantly, I drastically decreased my intake of sweets once the stuff from the after-christmas sales was used up.

    Resolutions are weekly 20 km and 500 push-ups or 50 pull-ups for the first half of the year. As last year, I want to do three running events for motivation. (Last year, I managed 2/3.)
    I also want to consume less sweet stuff, but I haven't found a good measurable goal for that yet.



    edit:
    The change you managed is still nothing but stunning, especially with that latest picture. Great job!

    Someone posted a pretty intense core workout in the last thread but I cannot find it anymore. Can we maybe use the first post to compile stuff like workouts or food tips?
    Last edited by Iruka; 2019-01-22 at 05:07 PM.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    One of my resolutions was to start a new Get Fit thread.

    Healthwise things are ok on my side. I put on a few pounds since November due to lack of exercise and a lot of chocolate to handle the stress.
    Then I got a bit of a headstart for 2019 by signing up for a Silvester run and throwing myself out of bed each christmas mornig to go for a run. The event went way better than I expected. I started near the end of the field since I did not know how it would turn out but I felt better with every kilmeter and finished the 11 km in about 1:07. That put me in place in the 1800's but for me it is a pretty decent time and I did not feel like I had run to exhaustion.

    Since then I went climbing once, did a few pushups, went for a ~10 km run each week.
    Most importantly, I drastically decreased my intake of sweets once the stuff from the after-christmas sales was used up.

    Resolutions are weekly 20 km and 500 push-ups or 50 pull-ups for the first half of the year. As last year, I want to do three running events for motivation. (Last year, I managed 2/3.)
    I also want to consume less sweet stuff, but I haven't found a good measurable goal for that yet.



    edit:
    The change you managed is still nothing but stunning, especially with that latest picture. Great job!

    Someone posted a pretty intense core workout in the last thread but I cannot find it anymore. Can we maybe use the first post to compile stuff like workouts or food tips?
    That is a good idea. Was it this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    For what activity?

    I have a pretty long core building+flexibility enhancing routine.
    1.Deaddog/deadbug for 60 reps (lay on back with arms and knees pointed into air, then extend one perpendicular arm and leg and retract).
    2. 3 minute plank or 5 1 minute planks.
    3. Something something dogs (like deadbug but you are on hands and knees and extend outward while maintain pose on perpendicular hand and knee.)
    4. 1 minute full bridge, then 2 30 second one legged bridges.
    5. Sleeper stretch 20 times each arm.
    6. 5 15 second supermans.
    7. One we call the starfish. Lay on belly with arms and legs outstretched, then lift one arm and pull it as far across your body as you can while keeping your other hand and both feet on the mat. Try to run your upperbody while keeping hips pushed into ground to aid in back muscle flexibility. Hold 1 minite each side.
    If not I will comb the thread again for core stuff. The above is outdated, I do a somewhat more vigorous version now.

    Going to post some resources into the opener, as well as linking the previous thread :)

    500 pushups a week is a lot, plus a 10k. I'm super impressed. Last year you were trying to get to 100 in a row, how has that gone?


    Edit: I put a resource section for links and a Q&A section for common questions. I'll add those as people suggest them or I come across ones I think should be there.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-01-22 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Cozzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Huh, nice!

    I'm still doing Darebee workouts (almost) every day, which is slowly but steadily improving my strength, endurance and general body shape. Also, with the new year I decided to spend a few months cutting my calorie intake here and there (not a real diet, just eating less than I usually would whenever I don't feel super-hungry) in order to lose the final 3-4 kgs towards my ideal weight.

    I mean, I know I don't have it in me to mantain the lifestyle I'd need to have extre-ripped abs or whatever, but what's the point of having muscles if I don't show them off at least a little, right?
    Last edited by Cozzer; 2019-01-23 at 03:29 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    That is a good idea. Was it this one:


    500 pushups a week is a lot, plus a 10k. I'm super impressed. Last year you were trying to get to 100 in a row, how has that gone?
    Yeah, that's the one, thanks!
    Tried it once and it felt super effective.

    Might need to adapt that number, but 100 per day with two days for regeneration sounded feasible in my head.

    The 100-in-a-row project went the way most of my things go. Once it starts becoming a routine and I hit the first plateau I get bored and do something else.
    Doing consecutive sets to failure was however very effective. I got to the mid-forties, more than I ever could do before.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Wow TvTyrant! That's awesome progress.

    As for goals, I have some nagging injuries I want to deal with, I am 15 lbs above my target weight (175 lbs), I'm hoping to climb at least 2 days a week, and I want to get back into my weight training routine which I dropped to to those nagging injuries. My weight doesn't seem to react much to either diet or exercise alone, so I need to deal with both. I'm currently looking at mostly reducing portion sizes as that has worked in the past, but I'm also not as young as I once was.

    For weight training, I find this site useful for ideas to keep your routine fresh, and for checking exercise forms.

    https://exrx.net/Lists/Directory

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Huh, nice!

    I'm still doing Darebee workouts (almost) every day, which is slowly but steadily improving my strength, endurance and general body shape. Also, with the new year I decided to spend a few months cutting my calorie intake here and there (not a real diet, just eating less than I usually would whenever I don't feel super-hungry) in order to lose the final 3-4 kgs towards my ideal weight.

    I mean, I know I don't have it in me to mantain the lifestyle I'd need to have extre-ripped abs or whatever, but what's the point of having muscles if I don't show them off at least a little, right?
    I know that feeling! Which workouts have you been doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Yeah, that's the one, thanks!
    Tried it once and it felt super effective.

    Might need to adapt that number, but 100 per day with two days for regeneration sounded feasible in my head.

    The 100-in-a-row project went the way most of my things go. Once it starts becoming a routine and I hit the first plateau I get bored and do something else.
    Doing consecutive sets to failure was however very effective. I got to the mid-forties, more than I ever could do before.
    I can do like 10 in a row so I'm really impressed at mid-forties :)

    I think that seems like reasonable plan for work and rest days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitron5000 View Post
    Wow TvTyrant! That's awesome progress.

    As for goals, I have some nagging injuries I want to deal with, I am 15 lbs above my target weight (175 lbs), I'm hoping to climb at least 2 days a week, and I want to get back into my weight training routine which I dropped to to those nagging injuries. My weight doesn't seem to react much to either diet or exercise alone, so I need to deal with both. I'm currently looking at mostly reducing portion sizes as that has worked in the past, but I'm also not as young as I once was.

    For weight training, I find this site useful for ideas to keep your routine fresh, and for checking exercise forms.

    https://exrx.net/Lists/Directory
    Added the link to the directory, thank you!

    Climb like mountain or wall climb?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comrade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Congratulations on the progress y'all.

    Fitness goals are... kind of on track, kind of not. My goal has been to increase my weight, since I've been chronically underweight my entire life, and after hitting a high point my weight started to drop back down below 150lb. It's on an upward trend again, fortunately, but the brief downturn was a little dispiriting. On the other hand, my physique is better than ever despite the drop in weight. My lats, which were always a weak point for me, are actually pretty well developed now, and my shoulders have improved a lot as well-- so it seems the drop in weight didn't really impact my progress in terms of physique, which is a relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHR÷DINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Cozzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I know that feeling! Which workouts have you been doing?
    Right now I'm doing their Combat HIIT program when I come home from work. I also do the Push-up challenge (30 push-ups of a different kind each day) in the morning, just after waking up. In the weekends, if it's not too cold and it doesn't rain, I try to add running before lunch.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Added the link to the directory, thank you!

    Climb like mountain or wall climb?
    Wall climbing, but mostly bouldering, which is short climbs without a rope (falling on padding) that emphasize power and technique. I do rope up from time to time though.

    Spoiler: Like so ...
    Show




    I don't do mountaineering. I like to end my days with the same numbers of toes that I started with . In all honesty, I know a number of mountaineers, and I don't have nearly the tolerance for suffering that you need to deal with what seems to be a routine day climbing mountains. Maybe I only know mountaineers that make a habit of engaging in sufferfests.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Congratulations on the progress y'all.

    Fitness goals are... kind of on track, kind of not. My goal has been to increase my weight, since I've been chronically underweight my entire life, and after hitting a high point my weight started to drop back down below 150lb. It's on an upward trend again, fortunately, but the brief downturn was a little dispiriting. On the other hand, my physique is better than ever despite the drop in weight. My lats, which were always a weak point for me, are actually pretty well developed now, and my shoulders have improved a lot as well-- so it seems the drop in weight didn't really impact my progress in terms of physique, which is a relief.
    Probably burned off the last of your body fat :) As long as you put on muscle you should slowly trend upward.

    I forgot, had you said you were vegan and opposed to creatine in the last thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Right now I'm doing their Combat HIIT program when I come home from work. I also do the Push-up challenge (30 push-ups of a different kind each day) in the morning, just after waking up. In the weekends, if it's not too cold and it doesn't rain, I try to add running before lunch.
    Dang HiiT daily? I would be totally burnt out in a few days. I like kickboxing for cardio but I don't think I hit HiiT levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitron5000 View Post
    Wall climbing, but mostly bouldering, which is short climbs without a rope (falling on padding) that emphasize power and technique. I do rope up from time to time though.

    Spoiler: Like so ...
    Show




    I don't do mountaineering. I like to end my days with the same numbers of toes that I started with . In all honesty, I know a number of mountaineers, and I don't have nearly the tolerance for suffering that you need to deal with what seems to be a routine day climbing mountains. Maybe I only know mountaineers that make a habit of engaging in sufferfests.
    Bouldering takes some crazy hand strength, I can't hold my own weight without holding it like a panicked cat :(

    Summiting supposedly requires being able to run the distance you climb while carrying a pack, which I think takes some crazy fitness.


    Sounds like Christmas put most of us back a bit, I feel a little better now :)

    I discovered a crazy effective bicep exercise using bands and a door, where you lean back and curl from the door, then step back to increase pressure while curled and eccentrically overload as you straighten your arm slowly. Tremendous muscle 🔥.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comrade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I forgot, had you said you were vegan and opposed to creatine in the last thread?
    Not at all, I don't think I could subsist on a vegan diet, haha. Sure as hell I'd have a much harder time hitting the amount of calories I need daily to continue gaining without meat in my diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHR÷DINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Well, this year the goal is to drop the ten pounds I gained over the holidays and then maintain. I got myself AX2 from Athlean X (I've already done Xero) and my lovely wife got me the Athlean Xblox for Christmas. I'm super stoked and I plan on finishing AX2 then swapping back and forth to Xero.

    Since the Youtube channel is linked as a resource, I'd also like to throw out that there is a Facebook group called AthleanX.comfans that is super helpful and positive.
    Last edited by Kyrell1978; 2019-01-24 at 10:29 PM.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Cozzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Dang HiiT daily? I would be totally burnt out in a few days. I like kickboxing for cardio but I don't think I hit HiiT levels.
    Well, it's called "HIIT" but it's not a super-difficult training program. I'm better at that kind of exercise than at pure strength training, and it's also pretty fun.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Subscribing will post up thoughts later.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    So I have a question about workouts. Iím a high school student, and with all my activities, I find it hard sometimes to keep a consistent workout schedule, much less research and write plans for them out. Thereís so much out there, itís daunting to try to learn all about muscle groups and different exercises, given my time issues. Iím working on total-body fitness, trying to strengthen everything. I try to do more functional-type lower body stuff Monday, functional upper body stuff Wednesday, core Friday, and ďliftingĒ (bench, barbell squat, etc.) Saturday. That last one is a new addition.

    Now that all the exposition is out of the way, does anyone know ways that I could learn the theory behind exercise and muscle groups and stuff, as well as different exercises, so I could plan my workouts better? Also, for my goal of total body strength and fitness, would it just be easier for me to find a few Darbee workouts? I guess Iím just looking for general feedback on what Iím trying to do. Like I said earlier, itís a daunting thing to try to get into and manage, so I want to make sure Iím doing it right.
    Epic anarchist avatar made by Linklele. Thanks!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    So I have a question about workouts. Iím a high school student, and with all my activities, I find it hard sometimes to keep a consistent workout schedule, much less research and write plans for them out. Thereís so much out there, itís daunting to try to learn all about muscle groups and different exercises, given my time issues. Iím working on total-body fitness, trying to strengthen everything. I try to do more functional-type lower body stuff Monday, functional upper body stuff Wednesday, core Friday, and ďliftingĒ (bench, barbell squat, etc.) Saturday. That last one is a new addition.

    Now that all the exposition is out of the way, does anyone know ways that I could learn the theory behind exercise and muscle groups and stuff, as well as different exercises, so I could plan my workouts better? Also, for my goal of total body strength and fitness, would it just be easier for me to find a few Darbee workouts? I guess Iím just looking for general feedback on what Iím trying to do. Like I said earlier, itís a daunting thing to try to get into and manage, so I want to make sure Iím doing it right.
    Getting started can be tough because general fitness doesn't lend itself to picking a program. Usually programs are aimed at a particular goal or use a particular method, and the general fitness comes with filling in the gaps you find in it as you train.

    For weight lifting something like Starting Strength or Push-Pull-Lift tends to be pretty good, or if you are aiming for something like reaching military benchmarks you can look at doing a mix of calisthenics and HiiT.

    My advice in general would be to pick a hobby you enjoy that requires fitness and let that guide your training. Like if you want to canoe you need a lot of back, arm and chest endurance but distance running not so much.

    I'm happy to answer any questions yoy have :)
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-01-26 at 01:22 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comrade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    So I have a question about workouts. Iím a high school student, and with all my activities, I find it hard sometimes to keep a consistent workout schedule, much less research and write plans for them out. Thereís so much out there, itís daunting to try to learn all about muscle groups and different exercises, given my time issues. Iím working on total-body fitness, trying to strengthen everything. I try to do more functional-type lower body stuff Monday, functional upper body stuff Wednesday, core Friday, and ďliftingĒ (bench, barbell squat, etc.) Saturday. That last one is a new addition.
    What do you mean by 'functional upper/lower body stuff'?

    In terms of weight-lifting, I'd suggest against cramming all your lifts into one day of the week. There's a million different perspectives out there on how to allocate workouts to different days of the week; what's worked best for me has been hitting chest/triceps two days of the week, back/biceps two days of the week, legs one day, and shoulders one day. I do a few abs/core exercises after my main workout each day-- you really don't need an entire day dedicated to working abs/core, 15 minutes after each workout will do it.

    If you've got any questions about specific lifts/workouts I'd be happy to help however I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHR÷DINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Getting started can be tough because general fitness doesn't lend itself to picking a program. Usually programs are aimed at a particular goal or use a particular method, and the general fitness comes with filling in the gaps you find in it as you train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    My advice in general would be to pick a hobby you enjoy that requires fitness and let that guide your training. Like if you want to canoe you need a lot of back, arm and chest endurance but distance running not so much.
    So I actually do Historical European Martial Arts, which to the best of my knowledge uses most parts of the body (swinging the sword, keeping stable and balanced, etc.) That, and just general fitness are why I was trying to do total body stuff. It sounds like maybe I should replace my core workout with another upper body one, as that is what is getting used the most, and do core at the end of one or two of them like Comrade said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    For weight lifting something like Starting Strength or Push-Pull-Lift tends to be pretty good
    Are those specifically Darebee programs, or are they something else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    What do you mean by 'functional upper/lower body stuff'?
    Yeah, I wasnít sure my terminology was right. I mean that itís (I may or may not be right about this) less weight, more reps, with more calisthenics, as opposed to the low reps, heavier weight stuff that increases size and strength. My understanding is that the goal of what in doing is more to build endurance, with less of a focus on strength and size. Iím not 100% sure, though. (Example, instead of doing four sets of five barbell squats, I do three sets of 10 squats, lunges, and step-ups, holding a kettlebell and increasing the reps by two each set.)

    I think that was good for getting into exercise, but now that Iím trying to build up my strength, I donít know if I should continue doing that or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    In terms of weight-lifting, I'd suggest against cramming all your lifts into one day of the week. There's a million different perspectives out there on how to allocate workouts to different days of the week; what's worked best for me has been hitting chest/triceps two days of the week, back/biceps two days of the week, legs one day, and shoulders one day. I do a few abs/core exercises after my main workout each day-- you really don't need an entire day dedicated to working abs/core, 15 minutes after each workout will do it.
    Ok. Iíll have to think about how to best schedule a plan. I think right now, Iím thinking about doing total-body Monday and Wednesday, upper body Friday, lower body Saturday. Does that sound reasonable?
    Quote Originally Posted by TvTyrant View Post
    I'm happy to answer any questions yoy have :
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    If you've got any questions about specific lifts/workouts I'd be happy to help however I can!
    thanks!
    Last edited by Saint Jimmy; 2019-01-26 at 10:20 AM.
    Epic anarchist avatar made by Linklele. Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Now that all the exposition is out of the way, does anyone know ways that I could learn the theory behind exercise and muscle groups and stuff, as well as different exercises, so I could plan my workouts better? Also, for my goal of total body strength and fitness, would it just be easier for me to find a few Darbee workouts? I guess Iím just looking for general feedback on what Iím trying to do. Like I said earlier, itís a daunting thing to try to get into and manage, so I want to make sure Iím doing it right.
    Head to the YouTube and check out AthleanX. He has a ton and a half of videos that explain the theory as well as his workout videos that he puts on Youtube for free. (I really love his sore in 6 series, it helped me a lot before I ended up buying one of his actual programs).
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    So I actually do Historical European Martial Arts, which to the best of my knowledge uses most parts of the body (swinging the sword, keeping stable and balanced, etc.) That, and just general fitness are why I was trying to do total body stuff. It sounds like maybe I should replace my core workout with another upper body one, as that is what is getting used the most, and do core at the end of one or two of them like Comrade said. [spoiler]

    It depends on what you mean by core. Core is used to mean abs and lower back, sometimes including the glutes. Generally speaking what you want to do is compound exercises which hit a lot of stuff at the same time, which are pull ups, squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, dips, etc. The reason you end up doing narrower exercises like just arms is you either find you have a muscle imbalance and need to catch up a specific muscle, or you want the look of that one being big.

    For SCA/HEMA I would suggest probably pullups as your single best exercise, they work your shoulders, arms, abs, and back. Dips are really good for abs and triceps, and both increase endurance a great deal.

    If you prefer exercises that feel like you are doing something productive chopping wood is a good one for arms, chest, and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Are those specifically Darebee programs, or are they something else?
    They are weightlifting specific programs for newer people. The focus is doing big compound exercises 3-4 times a week because if you are fairly new you can build a lot of muscle in a short amount of time, so the best way to take advantage of that is to hit everything at once until you run through your new lifter gains period.

    You can find the programs for free if you look them up on google.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Yeah, I wasnít sure my terminology was right. I mean that itís (I may or may not be right about this) less weight, more reps, with more calisthenics, as opposed to the low reps, heavier weight stuff that increases size and strength. My understanding is that the goal of what in doing is more to build endurance, with less of a focus on strength and size. Iím not 100% sure, though. (Example, instead of doing four sets of five barbell squats, I do three sets of 10 squats, lunges, and step-ups, holding a kettlebell and increasing the reps by two each set.)

    I think that was good for getting into exercise, but now that Iím trying to build up my strength, I donít know if I should continue doing that or not.
    In my experience the problem with light weights is intensity. In order to build muscle and endurance you need to progressively overload your body, while a lot of time kettle-bell exercises are done at a fairly relaxed pace while lacking the increased weight of heavy lifting to make up for it. If you want to go that route I would find some tapes online to follow as they will set a brisk pace and not let you rest between sets.

    Otherwise focusing on compound exercises on lifting days and cardio on off days is probably your best bet.
    [quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Ok. Iíll have to think about how to best schedule a plan. I think right now, Iím thinking about doing total-body Monday and Wednesday, upper body Friday, lower body Saturday. Does that sound reasonable?
    I think you are probably best off doing total body three days a week, cardio three days.

    Total Body: Squats or deadlift (alternate by day,) Bench, Overhead Press, Pull ups, dips. Aim to be done in 50 minutes.

    Cardio: Do a Darbee or kickboxing tape for 30 minutes, add bicycle, run, swim, etc.

    Alternatively I would look at boxer training programs. So lots of running, jump rope, planks, pullups, push ups, burpees, walking lunges, squat jumps, etc.

    Spoiler
    Show
    BEGINNERS BOXING WORKOUT:
    THE SPLIT:
    Monday - Jumping Rope, Speed Bag, Sparring
    Tuesday - Weight Training
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Running
    Friday - Shadow Boxing, Heavy Bag, Sparring
    Saturday - Weight Training
    Sunday - Rest
    MONDAY - JUMPING ROPE, SPEED BAG, SPARRING:
    Jump Rope for 3 three minute rounds.
    Hit the speed bag for 3 three minute rounds.
    Spar with a partner for 10 to 15 minutes.

    TUESDAY - WEIGHT TRAINING:
    Legs - Barbell Squat - 3 x 5, 90 second rest
    Lats - Pull-Ups - 2 x 8, 90 second rest
    Upper Abs - Crunches 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Lower Abs - Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Neck - Neck Bridge (Hold as long as possible) - 3 x 0, 90 second rest

    TUESDAY - WEIGHT TRAINING:
    THURSDAY - RUNNING:
    Perform HIIT on a treadmill.

    Interval 1 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 2 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 3 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 4 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 5 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 6 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 7 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 8 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 9 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 10 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 11 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 12 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR

    FRIDAY - SHADOW BOXING, HEAVY BAG:
    Shadow box for 5 minutes.
    Hit the heavy bag for 3 three minute rounds.

    SATURDAY - WEIGHT TRAINING:
    Legs - Barbell Squat - 3 x 5, 90 second rest
    Lats - Pull-Ups - 2 x 8, 90 second rest
    Upper Abs - Crunches 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Lower Abs - Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Neck - Neck Bridge (Hold as long as possible) - 3 x 0, 90 second rest

    SUNDAY - REST.
    ADVANCED BOXING WORKOUT:
    THE SPLIT:
    Monday - Jumping Rope, Speed Bag, Sparring
    Tuesday - Weight Training, Running
    Wednesday - Shadow Boxing, Heavy Bag, Sparring
    Thursday - Jumping Rope, Speed Bag
    Friday - Weight Training, Running
    Saturday - Shadow Boxing, Heavy Bag, Sparring
    Sunday - Rest
    MONDAY - JUMPING ROPE, SPEED BAG, SPARRING:
    Jump Rope for 3 five minute rounds.
    Hit the speed bag for 3 five minute rounds.
    Spar with a partner for 15 to 30 minutes.

    TUESDAY - WEIGHT TRAINING, RUNNING:
    Legs - Barbell Squat - 3 x 5, 90 second rest
    Lats - Pull-Ups - 2 x 8, 90 second rest
    Upper Abs - Crunches 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Lower Abs - Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Neck - Neck Bridge (Hold as long as possible) - 3 x 0, 90 second rest
    Perform HIIT on a treadmill.

    Interval 1 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 2 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 3 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 4 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 5 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 6 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 7 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 8 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 9 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 10 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 11 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 12 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR

    WEDNESDAY - SHADOW BOXING, HEAVY BAG, SPARRING:
    Shadow box for 5 minutes.
    Hit the heavy bag for 3 five minute rounds.
    Spar with a partner for 15 to 30 minutes.

    THURSDAY - JUMPING ROPE, SPEED BAG:
    Jump Rope for 3 five minute rounds.
    Hit the speed bag for 3 five minute rounds.

    FRIDAY - WEIGHT TRAINING, RUNNING:
    Legs - Barbell Squat - 3 x 5, 90 second rest
    Lats - Pull-Ups - 2 x 8, 90 second rest
    Upper Abs - Crunches 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Lower Abs - Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 25, 90 second rest
    Neck - Neck Bridge (Hold as long as possible) - 3 x 0, 90 second rest
    Perform HIIT on a treadmill.

    Interval 1 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 2 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 3 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 4 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 5 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 6 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 7 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 8 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 9 - 1 minute regular pace, 20 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 10 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 11 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR
    Interval 12 - 1 minute regular pace, 15 second sprint at 90-95% MHR

    SATURDAY - SHADOW BOXING, HEAVY BAG, SPARRING:
    Shadow box for 5 minutes.
    Hit the heavy bag for 3 five minute rounds.
    Spar with a partner for 15 to 30 minutes.


    So you eventually work up to 6 days a week.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-01-26 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comrade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I think you are probably best off doing total body three days a week, cardio three days.
    I've never done total body workouts, are they effective? It seems to me that you'd be minimizing your ability to really work and develop each muscle group and limiting recovery time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    Yeah, I wasnít sure my terminology was right. I mean that itís (I may or may not be right about this) less weight, more reps, with more calisthenics, as opposed to the low reps, heavier weight stuff that increases size and strength. My understanding is that the goal of what in doing is more to build endurance, with less of a focus on strength and size. Iím not 100% sure, though. (Example, instead of doing four sets of five barbell squats, I do three sets of 10 squats, lunges, and step-ups, holding a kettlebell and increasing the reps by two each set.)

    I think that was good for getting into exercise, but now that Iím trying to build up my strength, I donít know if I should continue doing that or not.
    I'd say the 6-10 rep range is pretty ideal, maybe 3-5 if you feel like going heavy and pushing yourself. My personal preference is to start with one or two warmup sets of 15-20 reps at a weight where I really have to push myself to get the last five reps. Then I'll up the weight for two 10 rep working sets, and then again for two 6-8 rep working sets. Sometimes I'll mix things up by introducing drop sets (5-6 reps at a heavy weight, then immediately going into 6-8 reps at a lighter weight, and then dropping the weight again for another 10 reps) or supersets (following one exercise immediately with another).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHR÷DINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I've never done total body workouts, are they effective? It seems to me that you'd be minimizing your ability to really work and develop each muscle group and limiting recovery time.



    I'd say the 6-10 rep range is pretty ideal, maybe 3-5 if you feel like going heavy and pushing yourself. My personal preference is to start with one or two warmup sets of 15-20 reps at a weight where I really have to push myself to get the last five reps. Then I'll up the weight for two 10 rep working sets, and then again for two 6-8 rep working sets. Sometimes I'll mix things up by introducing drop sets (5-6 reps at a heavy weight, then immediately going into 6-8 reps at a lighter weight, and then dropping the weight again for another 10 reps) or supersets (following one exercise immediately with another).
    For new people I think they are. After DOMS wears off there is a long period where you just aren't in good enough shape to really breakdown the muscle without pulling something or otherwise hurting yourself, and a day off to two will recover the body.

    Like there are squat everyday workouts for the first 5 months to get your body up to a base level and then start splitting days.

    Personally my workout 3x week is:
    Box Squats 3x12
    Pushups 30
    Diamond push up 20
    Dips 15 (these are newer and I suck)
    Lat pulldowns
    Tricep kickbacks
    Curls
    Pec flies
    Bunch of janky forearm stuff

    Abs/core:
    Weighted toe touch reaches
    Figure 8s
    Plank hip touches
    15x5 supermans
    1 minute bridge
    Cobra stretch
    Childpose stretch
    More weighted reaches

    Then I drink some milk and go to bed lol

    My off days I try to do kickboxing tapes for cardio and to keep from getting stiff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saint Jimmy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Thanks! I appreciate all the advice! Iíve been busy with school for a few days, but Iíll work on implementing it.
    Epic anarchist avatar made by Linklele. Thanks!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    My doctor ordered me off strenous physical activity due to my car accident messing me up worse then I thought. So running, hikes, and weight lifting are all off the table. I still have yoga and swimming :/
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    My doctor ordered me off strenous physical activity due to my car accident messing me up worse then I thought. So running, hikes, and weight lifting are all off the table. I still have yoga and swimming :/
    Good luck with your recovery and I hope it goes quickly for you. I know it's frustrating, I had a torn MCL, a broken foot, and then had to have my gall bladder removed within the space of about 3 months around a year ago. But on the bright side, I'm all healed up and working harder than ever. I hope the same goes for you.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    Good luck with your recovery and I hope it goes quickly for you. I know it's frustrating, I had a torn MCL, a broken foot, and then had to have my gall bladder removed within the space of about 3 months around a year ago. But on the bright side, I'm all healed up and working harder than ever. I hope the same goes for you.
    Thanks! I don't think anything is really damaged, just very cramped and inflamed. My one leg is now shorter then then other and my shoulders aren't even due to the tightness, hopefully I can fix that soonish.

    Were the MCL tear and broken foot related? Because otherwise that is some crazy bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Thanks! I don't think anything is really damaged, just very cramped and inflamed. My one leg is now shorter then then other and my shoulders aren't even due to the tightness, hopefully I can fix that soonish.

    Were the MCL tear and broken foot related? Because otherwise that is some crazy bad luck.
    Kind of related I guess. Mostly due to I'm forty and was acting like I was twenty. I tore my MCL wrestling with my oldest son (he's a wrestler but I'm about three or four inches taller and fifty pounds heavier) after a leg day work out and running a five K.....so yeah dumb ass me. The foot was about a month later...I was taking Judo and I landed exactly wrong when a guy threw me...I finished class but was done after that for about a month. After those two I calmed it down a bit.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell1978 View Post
    Kind of related I guess. Mostly due to I'm forty and was acting like I was twenty. I tore my MCL wrestling with my oldest son (he's a wrestler but I'm about three or four inches taller and fifty pounds heavier) after a leg day work out and running a five K.....so yeah dumb ass me. The foot was about a month later...I was taking Judo and I landed exactly wrong when a guy threw me...I finished class but was done after that for about a month. After those two I calmed it down a bit.
    Oh gosh! My Dad got injured coaching football a similar way, doing blocking drills as a fifty year old with teens.

    I'm at the state where having not worked out for a week all my muscles are at their biggest before they begin shrinking. The next month is going to be real sad :(
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrell1978's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Warrensburg, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get fit 2: Resolution 2K:19!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Oh gosh! My Dad got injured coaching football a similar way, doing blocking drills as a fifty year old with teens.

    I'm at the state where having not worked out for a week all my muscles are at their biggest before they begin shrinking. The next month is going to be real sad :(
    Yeah. Being forced to take time off always sucks. It'll come back pretty quick though once you're able to get back to it.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •