New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

I think that Krosp is going to have to make a decision on who's team he is on.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I think that Krosp is going to have to make a decision on who's team he is on.
    Well, for the time being, subtly fudging the truth to keep daddy on team good-guy might work for a while, while they get him up to speed.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know i'm actually still wondering how absorbing the mind of a stupid extra-dimensional creature would result in second break through and god like power. Frankly i would have assumed it would be about as effective as absorbing the mind of any common feral animal. Just because the monster comes form another dimension does not make it some kind of superior life form.

And I actually find it a bit odd that Saturn Heterodyne(Agatha's grandfather) was a fraternity Brother a Vapnoople. Vapnoople doesn't look that old; i would assume he was from the same generation as Agatha's father. Eh, i just think they should have said Saturn was one of Vapnoople's mentors.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Y'know i'm actually still wondering how absorbing the mind of a stupid extra-dimensional creature would result in second break through and god like power. Frankly i would have assumed it would be about as effective as absorbing the mind of any common feral animal. Just because the monster comes form another dimension does not make it some kind of superior life form.
    My assumption is that it’s a matter of perspective. The extra-dimensional creature understands its own dimensions on a fundamental level, and by subsuming that perspective, Snackleford obtains the relevant inspiration to break through a second time.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And I actually find it a bit odd that Saturn Heterodyne(Agatha's grandfather) was a fraternity Brother a Vapnoople. Vapnoople doesn't look that old; i would assume he was from the same generation as Agatha's father. Eh, i just think they should have said Saturn was one of Vapnoople's mentors.
    It's kind of hard to guess age when he doesn't have any hair and his head's undergone such extensive surgery, but it's not unreasonable to say he's in his seventies. Since Agatha was 18 when the story started, she'd be (chronologically) about 20 now, so assuming Bill was still in his early 30s when he had her (not entirely unreasonable, he seemed quite young in flashbacks), that would mean that Saturnus was having children about 50 years ago, putting him likewise in his seventies.

Alternative aging method: assume that Bill is about Klaus's age. Accounting for how much stress he's under, Klaus could easily be in his lat 40s/early 50s. That also meshes well with Gil being in his early 20s.

6. - Top - End - #966

Could fudge it a bit and say they were in the same fraternity, but not at the same time.

7. - Top - End - #967

Vapnoople was one of the pledges Saturnus was hazing! It's all the Heterodynes' fault how he turned out!

More seriously, anyone expecting we'll see Albia showing up in her spearmaiden outfit again to take on this fully armed and operational battle station restored Dmitri Vapnoople?

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

The Dark Side SCIENCE! is a pathway to many abilities some everybody would call unnatural...
    *Four consecutives evil headturns*
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Vapnoople was one of the pledges Saturnus was hazing! It's all the Heterodynes' fault how he turned out!

More seriously, anyone expecting we'll see Albia showing up in her spearmaiden outfit again to take on this fully armed and operational battle station restored Dmitri Vapnoople?
    Or just reaching back inside his head and re-breaking/disconnecting whatever it was our friend the vozzler did to him. I doubt it'll be permanent, anyway; they likely just need to keep things from completely exploding (or getting bad enough that the SparkDome's minders decide to just blow the thing) long enough for Vapnoople to regress to 'friendly and mostly harmless' again. 'course, that appears to be a bigger deal than anybody thought it would be.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Well, for the time being, subtly fudging the truth to keep daddy on team good-guy might work for a while, while they get him up to speed.
    No way is that guy EVEY going to be on Team Good guy while he is still a spark. He's Team Monster all the way.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry, they'll win him to the side of good by pointing out that Man is the real monster.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelinari View Post
    My assumption is that it’s a matter of perspective. The extra-dimensional creature understands its own dimensions on a fundamental level, and by subsuming that perspective, Snackleford obtains the relevant inspiration to break through a second time.
    This is what I was thinking, if I was a 2 dimensional being, it wouldnt matter if I took over a wolf or edison, either way, I get a being that understands an extra dimension on a fundamental level above my own just by existing in it. Sure having the knowledge of a genius in said extra dimension would be a nice bonus, but just the intrinsic knowledge of existence would be enough to expand my mind beyond current limits.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #973
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The Dark Side SCIENCE! is a pathway to many abilities some everybody would call unnatural...
    *Four consecutives evil headturns*
    But from my perspective it's the Jedi Heterodyne Boys who are evil!
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

14. - Top - End - #974
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Taking a Heterodyne as an apprentice is probably like deciding to build a summer home on an active volcano the day it explodes.

Only lots more exciting/dangerous/potentially fatal.
    I can see him and Othar disagreeing about who gets to mentor Agatha when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

15. - Top - End - #975

BlueWizardGirl

I imagine the kind of fraternity Saturn belonged to always welcomes you back when you're in the neighborhood and want to unwind with a wild bacchanalia after a bit of raiding and pillaging, especially if you're 1) bringing stuff you raided and pillaged, and 2) not going to raid and pillage the frat house so long as they let you party.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Taking a Heterodyne as an apprentice is probably like deciding to build a summer home on an active volcano the day it explodes.

Only lots more exciting/dangerous/potentially fatal.
    Nahh.. it seems clear that for once the most dangerous spark in the room isnt a heterodyne.
    Thats a very nice change of pace.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #977

DwarfClericGuy

You have to feel sorry for the guy. Agatha did not even give him an answer which probably means that he is doomed.

Typical cat. Always thinking about food.
    FTDWIR

18. - Top - End - #978
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareasint View Post
    You have to feel sorry for the guy. Agatha did not even give him an answer which probably means that he is doomed.

HEY! SHE brought it up!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Safe" is a dangerous word when dealing with a Heterodyne anyway.

"You will be perfectly safe once I have filled your veins with copper and galvanized your skin!"

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    "Safe" is a dangerous word when dealing with a Heterodyne anyway.

"You will be perfectly safe once I have filled your veins with copper and galvanized your skin!"
    You say it like we do not do equally crazy things in real world.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I imagine the kind of fraternity Saturn belonged to always welcomes you back when you're in the neighborhood and want to unwind with a wild bacchanalia after a bit of raiding and pillaging, especially if you're 1) bringing stuff you raided and pillaged, and 2) not going to raid and pillage the frat house so long as they let you party.
    And where the distinction between raiding and pillaging the frat house and partying is purely academic.

22. - Top - End - #982

More likely she hadn't even considered the issue, and doesn't want to admit it. Or think about it.

Yeah, Krosp is a lot more like the minion cats he was complaining about back at the beginning that his ego can handle.

23. - Top - End - #983

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah, Krosp is a lot more like the minion cats he was complaining about back at the beginning that his ego can handle.
    Hey. There is one certainty in life. And if she has treats it would be a waste for them to go uneaten because everyone died.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Nahh.. it seems clear that for once the most dangerous spark in the room isnt a heterodyne.
    Thats a very nice change of pace.
    "Lovely ball this evening, M'Lady. My card is open. May I have this next Dance of Dominance? I believe it's a 'Secure, Whip, and Nay Nay'..."
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

25. - Top - End - #985
    Firbolg in the Playground

She did give him an answer. She changed her assessment of the situation from "we're ready" to "we're almost ready" and she went back to tinker on the gizmo some more. That's a tacit assumption that she forgot to make it safe and is now doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

26. - Top - End - #986

Looks like the vozzler is again deducing that this trip was a bad idea.

27. - Top - End - #987

Beholder

Looks like the vozzler is again deducing that this trip was a bad idea.
    Poor Bob. And he has only himself to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Anyone else notice that Lord Snackford's legs are not... normal? I wonder if these going to get sucked into the other dimension along with the monsters.

29. - Top - End - #989

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Anyone else notice that Lord Snackford's legs are not... normal? I wonder if these going to get sucked into the other dimension along with the monsters.
    So the six arms, floating visor and fire as hair are normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    So the six arms, floating visor and fire as hair are normal?
    Oh yes, all the best gods have them.

Well, perhaps not the floating visor (unless you follow that nice Mr von Däniken, in which case ALIENS!).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee