New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Remember klaus is caught in that time bubble as well. No reason not to encourage gil to free him. The time stop was basically meant as a stopgap measure to freeze everyone involved in the huge 15 front war taking place in and around mechanicsburg. The overlay was to make sure gil wasnt being controlled by the other and to calm his people down who were worried about that. I dont think it was meant to be permanent.
    I don't think Klaus had any intention of ever leaving the time stop, it was an elegant way of removing himself from the chessboard without going against the Other's orders.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Remember klaus is caught in that time bubble as well. No reason not to encourage gil to free him. The time stop was basically meant as a stopgap measure to freeze everyone involved in the huge 15 front war taking place in and around mechanicsburg. The overlay was to make sure gil wasnt being controlled by the other and to calm his people down who were worried about that. I dont think it was meant to be permanent.
    It was also to break Klaus free of Other's control if only by means of being frozen in time. Klaus knew that Gil was not wasped, so he blocked himself in order to break Lucrezia's control over the Empire.
    Last edited by Radar; 2019-01-26 at 01:52 PM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Actually what i think may have happened is that the Other may have used time travel to send a wasped Kluas back in time to attack castle heterodyne. Only the boys saw him during the attack, which is why no one else in mechanicsburg knows about it. This would explain why the boys no longer trusted klaus and why punch and judy were so antagonistic towards him; it was also said that after the attack on the castle, Barry had a very steely demeanor; it might suggest they did not see this as an ordinary attack by an enemy; if it was klaus then that would add an element of treason by a close friend to the attack.
    The main problem with that theory is that the Boys couldn't have seen the attcker at all, Klaus of otherwise, because they weren't there.

Well one thing that has been suggested about klaus's overlay is that the strength may be dependent on Gil's condition. After the timeskip we found that Gil was trying his best to avoid sleep as much as possible. Klaus's influence may be related to just how much rest Gil gets.
    Possible, but it seems more likely that he was just working too hard. He did the same back when he thought Agatha had been killed by that spider clank, and back then he didn't even have a proper objective.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It was also a ploy to remove himself from the game. He knew he was Wasped and was trying to get the knowledge of that fact out via the storyteller. He then needs a way to remove himself as a threat while not doing so in a way that the Wasp will prevent. So, he puts the overlay into Gil in order to have a "clean" copy of his mind running around, then activates the stasis bomb to disable the Wasped version of himself.

Freeing Klaus now relies on two things - whether Gil has an actual cure (and whether that cure works on the special spark variant), and whether Gil can actual tunnel close enough to the Baron in the time field to get him out.

Oh, and they need to sort out that whole "aging hundreds of years in a few minutes" thing. They got Tarvek out though, so that should be sorted.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2019-01-26 at 02:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Now I'm wondering if anything will ever become of that clone.

Or, for that matter, what happened to the revived Princess Zulenna? Did she get a reappearance in the novels, maybe?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Now I'm wondering if anything will ever become of that clone.

Or, for that matter, what happened to the revived Princess Zulenna? Did she get a reappearance in the novels, maybe?
    For the clone, I assume you're referring to the cloned Madame Olga that the Baron thought was Agatha? I doubt it. The clone was only useful to the Baron because having an empty Heterodyne shell was more useful than having nothing at all. It's likely he planned to use this "overlay" technology to put a fake Heterodyne girl together, which might have allowed him to use her popularity to quell rebellions. Have her make a few public appearances (with the public kept far enough away to not notice the fakery) and then marry "her" off to Gil and have the body live isolated on Castle Wulfenbach.

Since it wasn't actually Agatha, the clone is useless and was likely destroyed shortly after the Baron realized his mistake.

7. - Top - End - #67

AssassinGuy

bookmarking
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

8. - Top - End - #68

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    For the clone, I assume you're referring to the cloned Madame Olga that the Baron thought was Agatha? I doubt it. The clone was only useful to the Baron because having an empty Heterodyne shell was more useful than having nothing at all. It's likely he planned to use this "overlay" technology to put a fake Heterodyne girl together, which might have allowed him to use her popularity to quell rebellions. Have her make a few public appearances (with the public kept far enough away to not notice the fakery) and then marry "her" off to Gil and have the body live isolated on Castle Wulfenbach.

Since it wasn't actually Agatha, the clone is useless and was likely destroyed shortly after the Baron realized his mistake.
    The clone was brain-dead, so I doubt he could have installed an ovrlay on it. He probably just wanted a corpse so that he could prove she was dead (people who die without leaving bodies have a tendancy to start folk-tales).

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The clone was brain-dead, so I doubt he could have installed an ovrlay on it. He probably just wanted a corpse so that he could prove she was dead (people who die without leaving bodies have a tendancy to start folk-tales).
    Im quite certain that the clone being brain dead makes it easier to install a new conciousness into it. Not harder.
    After all it suddenly mean you dont need to be as careful to avoid damage to the original concious. And wont need to deal with it fighting back either.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Baron also explicitly mentions putting a substitute brain into the clone.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure the clone was brain-dead, all Klaus said is that she wouldn't have the original's brain.

If she is brain-dead, they probably disposed of the body in one way or another (never too much raw material, after all), if not, they probably set her free or offered her a janitor's job or something.

Looking back, it's not a clone but a revival, so probably Olga's original body with the missing bits regrown, "the brain was a total loss" could either mean that for some reason Klaus couldn't regrow the brain despite regrowing the rest or that he could but it isn't the same brain, and unlike arms that makes a difference.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Doesn't reappear in the novels either - all we get is the same mention as in the comic that she will be revived.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #73

Oh, and they need to sort out that whole "aging hundreds of years in a few minutes" thing. They got Tarvek out though, so that should be sorted.
    That is well and truly sorted out. They've recovered dozens of people, including the Storyteller, Van Mekkan, Tarvek and Othar Trygvassen, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!

14. - Top - End - #74

He might have also hoped to use a genuine Heterodyne body with a tractable brain installed to control Castle Heterodyne.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

This is Klaus. Destroy something that could be useful, especially since he spent all this time bringing her back to life? Ha. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a spare brain or disembodied intelligence he could put in there and put to work.

It would be a shock to Agatha, to run into 'Madame Ogla" again.

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    He might have also hoped to use a genuine Heterodyne body with a tractable brain installed to control Castle Heterodyne.
    That...would be interesting to watch. While orbiting Venus.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-01-27 at 06:03 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    That...would be interesting to watch. While orbiting Venus.
    Actually, it WOULD be interesting. The body, the genes, the blood would tell der Kestle this WAS a Heterodyne. A bit of observation would show the mind was not. How to deal with such a dilemma??? Especially in the splintered, weakened, half insane state it was in back then.

I suspect, being the Castle, it would take the rebuilt Agatha captive and try to get a new generation of Heterodynes. And that it would not end well...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'm guessing this is where Violetta re-enters the scene. Either that, or it's Othar Trygvasson, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm guessing this is where Violetta re-enters the scene. Either that, or it's Othar Trygvasson, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!
    Too subtle for Othar, I think it's definitely Violetta.

21. - Top - End - #81

She's the most likely candidate by far, unless Rakethorn decided to interfere on the side of the Good Guys.

22. - Top - End - #82

Beholder

Violetta returning seems likely. I doubt it is Othar Trygvasson, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER! for as far as we know he is back in Mechanicsburg and any appearance would be heralded by explosions, not bolts.

There is also a chance of Bang showing up, but again, lack of explosions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    There is also a chance of Bang showing up, but again, lack of explosions.
    And she would be using knives.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Too subtle for Othar, I think it's definitely Violetta.
    She also likes to attack from above whenever possible.
    FTDWIR

25. - Top - End - #85

AssassinGuy

are the cliff hangers still out of sync?
    I‘d have expected something like this on a Friday.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

26. - Top - End - #86

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    are the cliff hangers still out of sync?
    I‘d have expected something like this on a Friday.
    Watch as we cut away to Tarvek and Higgs for the next five updates.

27. - Top - End - #87

The Heterodyne is not amused. Time to unleash the carnage!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

It’s possible that the mystery saviour is Dimo, who does not appear to be with this party?

29. - Top - End - #89

Possible, but Dimo tends to fight on the ground, given his digitigrade legs aren't the best at climbing. We'll probably find out in a couple hours.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sometimes I swear the Foglios read this thread and decide to subvert everyone's expectations.